The X Factor Rankdown (#2 ON P. 294 // #1 ON P.295)

10. STACEY SOLOMON
X FACTOR UK (SERIES 6) // 3RD PLACE

stacey-album-400-2-e1427825961456.jpg SS head shot 29.6.17.jpg?format=1500w

AVERAGE: 10.6

----------------------
RANKINGS:

Zoey - 1/20

Steven - 6/20

Wallace - 9/20

Nico - 9/20

Elliott - 10/20

Solaris - 11/20

Public - 12/20

Victoria - 14/20

JC - 15/20

Tom - 19/20

----------------------

ZOEY

tumblr_p0us18DNbR1rmz36wo1_500.gifv 

Stacey Solomon is one of the United Kingdom's biggest sweethearts and I absolutely adore everything about her. Not only is Stacey an amazing singer but she has one of the most loved personalities from any celebrity in the UK. She first appeared on our screens back in 2009 when she auditioned for The X Factor. People didn't think she was going to be anything special just based off her accent and the stereotypes around Essex. She proved them wrong the moment she opened her mouth to sing and the UK public fell in love with her. Not only was Stacey a young mother but she was humble. She didn't take anything for granted and she just wanted to do something for her which would benefit her family in the long run. Stacey had a number of fantastic performances when on The X Factor like the ones below.

Stacey only placed third but has gone on to be one of the shows most successful contestants. She's a regular panelist on Loose Women, which is the UK version of The View and she appears regularly on Celebrity Gogglebox with her husband, Joe Swash. Stacey also went on to win I'm A Celebrity where she topped the vote every single time. Not only did she top the vote each time but she got over 50% each time. That's almost unheard of! I hope she continues with her success and sporadically releases music.

STEVEN

Stacey Solomon competed on the sixth series of The X Factor, and she made it all the way to third place. She impressed right from the beginning with her lovely voice. I really liked her audition performance of "What a Wonderful World." I usually find that song boring when talent show contestants cover it, but Stacey's performance was wonderful (no pun intended). Some of my other favorite performances from her include "Rule The World," "Who Wants To Live Forever," "The Scientist," and "Something About The Way You Look Tonight." I think she could've been a worthy winner, but Olly Murs and Joe McElderry were tough competition. Nonetheless, she was great throughout the competition, and hopefully she gets a high final placement in this Top 20.

WALLACE

Stacey-Solomon.gif

Stacey Solomon is a pop singer, who competed on The X-Factor U.K. Series 6. Stacey was apart of the Girls category and was mentored by Dannii Minogue. She finished 3rd place and was the last standing girl of this series. I know many people aren’t that huge or fond of U.K. Series 6 but I have such a soft spot for it as this was the first series I’ve ever watched in live time. So it holds a special place in my heart and I like it more than most people. I do love Stacey and am happy she’s made it into the finals although I would have been okay if she missed out too. Stacey was my 2nd favorite of this series after Joe so I am super bummed they both couldn’t make it and battle it out in the finals. :( But I did have a strong feeling Stacey would make endgame as I believe she was the only contestant never nominated at all in this game. That’s such a huge feat to accomplish. I will give my thoughts on Stacey’s run below…

Week 1: “The Scientist”

- I thought this was a really beautiful performance from Stacey. Great way to begin the live shows. Love the song choice and thought it was cool how she sang an unexpected artist here with a Coldplay song…..she did it justice. 

Week 2: “At Last”

- Stacey taking on Etta James was another risky choice here. I did enjoy this and loved how pretty and sultry her voice sounded here. She delivered some great high notes here too. Overall this wasn’t a huge favorite of mine from her as I do think she lacked a little bit of soul and emotional connection needed for the song.

Week 3: “When You Wish Upon A Star”

- This felt like a magical Disney Princess performance which I do mean in a positive way. Stacey looked and sounded absolutely gorgeous here. :wub: Her vocals were so lovely. Simon said it felt it came off robotic which I can get.

Week 4: “Somewhere Only We Know”

- I really loved this performance. :wub: Like with “The Scientist” Stacey showed once again that these pop/rock ballads are her strength and where she really shines on. She sang this song so beautifully and I felt she was really connected to with what she was singing. I especially love how she was building this up as it progressed. So good! :wub: OMGG Simon being impressed by her actually walking in this performance. :lmao:

Week 5: “Son of a Preacher Man”

- Stacey singing her first uptempo song. I liked the sultry and sexy vibe she brought to this performance. But sadly it was also kind of a bit awkward and I don’t feel she really owned the performance aspect of things here. She sang it well - mostly at the end as the start felt a little shaky.

Week 6: “Who Wants to Live Forever”

- Of course we all know this performance. This is viewed as Stacey’s “moment” performance. I do really love this performance and thought she delivered an amazing version of this song. :wub: I really love the emotion she poured here. Once again she really build this up so well as it progressed. She sang her heart out here! :omg: With that said, this isn’t even my top fave performance of Stacey’s. 

Week 7: “I Can’t Make You Love Me”

- This was another really gorgeous performance from Stacey here. :wub: She sang this really well throughout. That long note she hits here is really good and impressive. She also looked really beautiful here too.

Week 8: “Rule the World” & “Something About the Way You Look Tonight”

- I thought Stacey’s “Rule the World” performance was absolutely amazing. :omg: She sang this song so beautifully with a great mix of soft & power vocals. She connected so well with it too. I remember listening to this performance SO much. And this is the performance i am referring to as my favorite from her. I think this gets overshadowed and forgotten about which is  a shame as I thought this was brilliant. This is also my favorite version of this song done on this show too. “Something About the Way You Look Tonight” was really good too! Although I feel bad for this performance as it was overshadowed by her first one. This one did come off a little old fashioned. But still she sung this in such a stunning way.

Week 9: “The Way You Make Me Feel” & “Somewhere”

- “The Way You Make Me Feel”  was another sultry and sexy performance lie her “Son of a Preacher Man.” But I feel she sold this with more confidence this time around. I did like all of the chair walking choreography she did with the male back-up dancers. With all that said I don’t think this song did much for showing off her voice and it was one of her weaker performances. I can get how the performance wasn’t really her. “Somewhere” was gorgeous and much more in her wheelhouse. Her vocals were really beautiful on here. :wub: As always, I loved the build up here.

Week 10: “What a Wonderful World,” “Feeling Good” duet with Michael Bublé & “Who Wants to Live Forever”

- Stacey got to reprise her audition song of “What a Wonderful World” on the finale. This was a classic Stacey performance with really beautiful vocals and a really ice emotional connection to it. She looks beautiful in this performance too. “Feeling Good” was kind of an unexpected song choice for Stacey but it could be because of her singing with Michael Bublé. I do like how she was sassy with it on her solo part. She was adorable and all giddy when Michael got there. But they sounded really great together. lmao I remember that ending move being so dramatic (when I first watched this). The “Who Wants to Live Forever” reprisal was beautiful once again.

Stacey did really well making it all the way to 3rd place. I would have loved for her to make it to 2nd place (ahead of Olly Murs) and hear her version of “The Climb” but I was happy she made it that face. Stacey has done well for herself in the entertainment industry since being on The X-Factor U.K. She released an album called Shy in 2015. I haven’t heard any of her songs from there. Stacey did go on to win I’m a Celebrity….Get Me Out of Here in 2010. Omgg wow she won with 80.07% of that vote. She also went onto becoming a panelist on Loose Women. Well done to Stacey making it to the end of this Rankdown game and without ever being nominated. I’m curious to see where she lands.

NICO

My season 6 fave, and I managed to get her the win by taking out the overrated winner of that season. That said, even though I think she deserved to win, I don’t go back to listen to her run on the show all that often. Part of it is that I wasn’t that impressed by that entire season (she’s the only act that I would consider myself a fan) and she lacks in the post-show music department, and even though I appreciate some songs in Shy, I’m not really that big of a fan of. So yeah, a solid fan of her show run, but not huge on her afterwards.

ELLIOTT

My love for Stacey has died down a lot over the years, but I still really enjoy her. At the time, she was my favourite from her series, though I'd consider Joe my favourite know because he's turned into a twunk. #thirsty Anyway, Stacey Solomon had a Pia Toscano run where she was the only girl left in the competition past a certain point #FrenchVanillaFantasy and she definitely delivered in all of her performances after that. Who Wants to Live Forever is my favourite she did, though watching it back nowadays... not a good sound. Nonetheless, I'm still not over Olly beating her.  

SOLARIS

I remember watching Stacey’s audition and I thought, “Damn, she’s really likable.”  You pair her likability with her ability to sing well and you have almost a winning combination.  Stacey wound up getting all the way to the finals, and getting third place.  I thought she would probably get second to Joe, but somehow Olly slipped in there.  Stacey is not the strongest singer of the Top 20, but she has one of the best personalities.  You want to root for Stacey.  Some of my favorite songs that she performed were: Somewhere Only We Know, Who Wants to Live Forever, Rule the World and Somewhere.  Yes, she was consistent at times, but she her fans never let her drop below fifth in the votes.  She won the votes Week 2 and 6.  Happy to see her get to the Top 20, and I wasn’t expecting it!

CHRIS

Stacey always been someone that I enjoyed, even though she never been a top favourite of mine - she's probably in my Top 3 of the season. I think we can all admit that she may not have the biggest voice but she always found a way to make it work, on top of being someone we all fell in love with her especially due to her personality. Like everyone else, I also enjoyed Who Wants to Live Forever but my favourite of hers is certainly Somewhere. And I still find it a shame that she hasn't released much music since Idol - I haven't really kept up with her so I am fine with the placement she received from the public.

VICTORIA

tumblr_p0vt9uIv2D1wckesoo3_r1_500.gifv

Stacey Solmon is another OG contestant. I knew about Stacey Solomon because of The R.E. and she was on the series before I actually started to watch. The only time I would watch her performances was when I had to judge in reduxes. :dead: She auditioned with "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong and it was a good audition. She was sop cute up there. To make it until the Top 24 she sang "There You'll Be" by Faith Hill. I love that song so much. It always brings tears to me eyes. It was a bit shaky and out of tune but I love the song. OMG! I never knew she was a single mom on the show. For Judges House she sang "Over The Rainbow" by Judy Garland and it was lovely. She is so goofy and precious. She made the finals and for Week 1 she sang "The Scientist" by Coldplay. She was gaining confidence and it was showing! "At Last" by Etta James was her next song and it was good. She didn't know the song before either. Wow. "When You Wish Upon a Star" from Pinocchio was next. It was a stunning vocal and the fact that she sang it for her son. 😢 During Week 4 she sang "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane and it was a bit boring for me. "Son of a Preacher Man"by  Dusty Springfield was a cute performance from her. She looked confident and moved around the stage. It was a nice change of pace for me. "Who Wants To Live Forever" by Queen was her standout performance thus far. She was impeccable. Amazing. I love "I Can't Make You Love" by Bonnie Raitt but I was a bit letdown with that performance. The theme was songs by George Michael or Wham! but I think George did a cover of it. Now I've never heard the song "Rule The World" by Take That" but her performance of it was great. She bounced back from the last week. "Something About the Way You Look Tonight" by Elton John was a step down from the last performance. The next week she took on "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson as that was the theme. It was more style over substance. She looked cute though. "Somewhere" from "West Side Story" brought her back in the competition. I absolutely loved that performance by her. She was never in danger throughout her journey and she made the final. She sang "What A Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong, "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone with Michael Bublé and "Who Wants To Live Forever" by Queen. She ultimately finished in third place. So in closing Stacey Solomon is an English singer and she was on The X Factor UK Series 6 and made it all the way to the final as part of the Girls category mentored by Dannii Minogue. She finished in 3rd place behind runner-up Olly Murs and winner Joe McElderry. I think had I watched the series live Joe or Stacey would have been my favorite. Since her run on the show she released a single called "Driving Home For Christmas" which peaked at #27 on the UK Singles Chart. She released her debut album "Shy" in 2015 and it peaked at #45. Stacey is a sweet girl and this write-up made me like her more. I don't even really know who is a big fan of hers that fought for her to get in the Top 20 but congrats to whoever they are. :dead:

JC

So you are the wildcard of the group since I really do not dislike you or anything, but perhaps it is worse since I just forget about you slash am indifferent. I like remember watching you on a season, but do not remember which one and I do not remember any performances that you did. I remember kind of what you look like, you had a big nose or big lips or both. Anyways, I am sure you must have some fans or else you would have been eliminated, so congrats on getting to the top 20! I do not have any bad feelings about you making it here so there’s that! I am putting you a bit lower because I definitely do not want you to win, and you do not have any penalties so sorry about that but again congrats!

TOM

Ugh, Stacey. Such a bland singer but got through all the way to the top 3 without even landing in the bottom 2 on her "personality", which was acting like a little girl all the time. The only performance of hers I remember before I stopped watching in week 5 is Son of a Preacher Man which was ok but didn't do much for me. I didn't even love Who Wants to Live Forever. After watching Rule the World I suppose that is her best, but even that was kind of eh. Rachel and Lucie should have both outlasted her due to having more interesting voices. I also remember looking like someone killed a puppy when Dermot announced she made the finale while Dannii was screaming for joy. This show is all about the judges. I don't know where she will place but hopefully it is not too high. 

Edited by *Chris
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elliott

• *Chris

• *Wallace

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cat literally just died and I just got finished burying him so forgive me if I frankly don't give a sh*t what anyone told you. This game does not matter to me right now.

Victoria went to the  emergency room last night due to stomach related issues. She has been there since last night.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I didn't expect to be one of Stacey's Top 2 rankings. I thought she would've been more well-liked with the rankers.

She was my fav on her season, but there were so many I liked in this top 20, that I had to make choices!

Yay finally my bottom people are showing up! I am indifferent on Stacey, she never offended me but I was surprised she made it to top 20 by being forgettable and a non-threat. But she ended up in the top 10, so congrats to her and her fans! Hoping Diana, Alexandra, and Leona are next!

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

@*Wallace You didn't finish your write-up. 😢😛 

Lmao I forgot what I was gonna say. :lmao:  I think "wasn't going to happen" was what i meant?

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Three of them are in my all-time Top 5 ignore my tanking of one of them and I like six of the remaining seven. :haha:

Amelia making the top 10 is iconic though! ❤️

😐 

❤️ 

2 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

@*Wallace getting a talking-to from his girlfriend. :giggle:

As for Ruth: robbed! 

:dead: 

Stacey! :wub:  

She did really well with never being nominated and making the Top 10! :omg: I felt she was viewed as liked amongst us all and not being a threat to win so all factors to help her get to the end. A bit surprised Tom put her #19 as I thought he was gonna put someone else there but not complaining. :haha: 

30 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I didn't expect to be one of Stacey's Top 2 rankings. I thought she would've been more well-liked with the rankers.

Ahh yeah with her not ever being nominated i can see how you think this. I thought she might have scrapped by into the Top 8/7 or so. But I'm good with 10th for her. :haha: 

29 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Why is Leona still in this? :/

WHY YOU PRESSED (you know the next word)? 🙂 

24 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I think you're going to continue to be disappointed lol.

:wub: 

24 minutes ago, JC said:

Hoping Alexandra, and Leona are next!

😐 

Still love you tho. :giggle: 

37 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Stacey! :wub:  

She did really well with never being nominated and making the Top 10! :omg: I felt she was viewed as liked amongst us all and not being a threat to win so all factors to help her get to the end. A bit surprised Tom put her #19 as I thought he was gonna put someone else there but not complaining. :haha: 

I would have nominated her if there wasn’t so much peen to take out. :haha: But thankfully she finally showed up! Now we just need Cher.

source.gif

Alvaro Soler (Steven)

01. Ella Henderson

05. Cyrus Villanueva

06. Stacey Solomon

07. Shayne Ward

09. Alex & Sierra

12. Reigan Derry

13. Dami Im

14. Natalie Conway

15. Sally Chatfield

16. Ruth Lorenzo

20. CeCe Frey

source.gif

Britney Spears (JC)

03. Cyrus Villanueva

04. Dami Im

07. Alex & Sierra

08. CeCe Frey

09. Reigan Derry

11. Shayne Ward

12. Ella Henderson

14. Sally Chatfield

15. Stacey Solomon

19. Ruth Lorenzo

20. Natalie Conway

giphy.gif

Dannii Minogue (Tom)

02. Ruth Lorenzo

04. Sally Chatfield

10. Reigan Derry

11. Dami Im

12. Ella Henderson

13. Alex & Sierra

14. Cyrus Villanueva

15. Natalie Conway

17. CeCe Frey

19. Stacey Solomon

20. Shayne Ward

source.gif

Demi Lovato (Elliott)

02. Shayne Ward

07. Reigan Derry

08. Ruth Lorenzo

09. Sally Chatfield

10. Stacey Solomon

13. CeCe Frey

14. Alex & Sierra

15. Cyrus Villanueva

16. Ella Henderson

17. Natalie Conway

19. Dami Im

9h5M.gif

Guy Sebastia(Solaris)

03. CeCe Frey

08. Ruth Lorenzo

11. Stacey Solomon

12. Shayne Ward

13. Sally Chatfield

14. Natalie Conway

15. Cyrus Villanueva

16. Reigan Derry

17. Ella Henderson

19. Alex & Sierra

20. Dami Im

giphy.gif

Mel B (Victoria)

05. Cyrus Villanueva

07. Sally Chatfield

08. Dami Im

09. Alex & Sierra

10. Ella Henderson

12. Shayne Ward

14. Stacey Solomon

16. Reigan Derry

18. Ruth Lorenzo

19. CeCe Frey

20. Natalie Conway

1464796871-nicole-scherzinger-x-factor-no-baby-no.gif?crop=1xw:0.8888888888888888xh;center,top&resize=640:*
Nicole Scherzinger (Wally)

05. Cyrus Villanueva

07. Reigan Derry

09. Stacey Solomon

10. Ruth Lorenzo

13. Dami Im

14. Ella Henderson

15. Shayne Ward

16. Sally Chatfield

17. Natalie Conway

19. Alex & Sierra

20. CeCe Frey

natalia-kills-gif-10.gif 

Natalia Kills (Nico)

01. Ruth Lorenzo

02. Ella Henderson

04. Reigan Derry

06. Dami Im

09. Stacey Solomon

10. Alex & Sierra

13. Sally Chatfield

16. Shayne Ward

17. Cyrus Villanueva

18. Natalie Conway

20. CeCe Frey

tumblr_mwtwd08ydw1r6bteso1_500.gif

Tulisa (Zoey)

01. Stacey Solomon

06. Natalie Conway

07. Dami Im

10. Sally Chatfield

12. Ruth Lorenzo

13. CeCe Frey

14. Shayne Ward

16. Alex & Sierra

17. Cyrus Villanueva

19. Reigan Derry

20. Ella Henderson

ScentedIdleDrongo-small.gif

Public (IDF)

07. Alex & Sierra

09. Shayne Ward

11. Ella Henderson

12. Stacey Solomon

13. Ruth Lorenzo

15. Dami Im

16. Reigan Derry

17. Sally Chatfield

18. Cyrus Villanueva

19. CeCe Frey

20. Natalie Conway

(Ugh I don't know why the gif sizes changed like that. :dead: But wanted to give an update via Victoria's format.)

2 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

I would have nominated her if there wasn’t so much peen to take out. :haha: But thankfully she finally showed up! Now we just need Cher.

rude liz lemon GIF

Only 4 guys made the top 20 and one of them was in a duo with fishy vaj. So much sexism on IDF is causing us bad karma in the BB house :( where I actually was rooting for a girl.

17 minutes ago, JC said:

Wally hates Diana too confirmed :giggle:

OMG. :dead: I  don't hate Diana. :lmao: 

4 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Ooh lmao there weren't that many guys in comparison. There was  still like twice the amount of women over men.  :haha: 

Lol I love how people are asking for certain people to show up but they never do. :giggle: 

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Me being the only one with my #20 still in. :giggle:

Hopefully it stays like that for awhile. :wub:  

Wow the public and Sola are slaying it! :omg: Both have one act outside of their Top 10 still remaining. 😮 

7 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Hopefully it stays like that for awhile. :wub:  

Shouldn’t you be trying to justify your dislike for Crystal Methyd?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
12 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Shouldn’t you be trying to justify your dislike for Crystal Methyd?

Yes, he got some explaining to do! 

27 minutes ago, JC said:

Only 4 guys made the top 20 and one of them was in a duo with fishy vaj. So much sexism on IDF is causing us bad karma in the BB house :( where I actually was rooting for a girl.

And this is why everyone should just give up on Big Bother! Everyone is crying when all the rootable girls are gone in the first few weeks and all the alpha males dominate and people are left hate watching it every season. And people wonder why I wanted it gone from the TV rankdown so bad. :haha: 

source.gif

Alvaro Soler (Steven)

01. Ella Henderson

05. Cyrus Villanueva

07. Shayne Ward

09. Alex & Sierra

12. Reigan Derry

13. Dami Im

14. Natalie Conway

15. Sally Chatfield

16. Ruth Lorenzo

20. CeCe Frey

source.gif

Britney Spears (JC)

03. Cyrus Villanueva

04. Dami Im

07. Alex & Sierra

08. CeCe Frey

09. Reigan Derry

11. Shayne Ward

12. Ella Henderson

14. Sally Chatfield

19. Ruth Lorenzo

20. Natalie Conway

giphy.gif

Dannii Minogue (Tom)

02. Ruth Lorenzo

04. Sally Chatfield

10. Reigan Derry

11. Dami Im

12. Ella Henderson

13. Alex & Sierra

14. Cyrus Villanueva

15. Natalie Conway

17. CeCe Frey

20. Shayne Ward

source.gif

Demi Lovato (Elliott)

02. Shayne Ward

07. Reigan Derry

08. Ruth Lorenzo

09. Sally Chatfield

13. CeCe Frey

14. Alex & Sierra

15. Cyrus Villanueva

16. Ella Henderson

17. Natalie Conway

19. Dami Im

9h5M.gif

Guy Sebastia(Solaris)

03. CeCe Frey

08. Ruth Lorenzo

12. Shayne Ward

13. Sally Chatfield

14. Natalie Conway

15. Cyrus Villanueva

16. Reigan Derry

17. Ella Henderson

19. Alex & Sierra

20. Dami Im

giphy.gif

Mel B (Victoria)

05. Cyrus Villanueva

07. Sally Chatfield

08. Dami Im

09. Alex & Sierra

10. Ella Henderson

12. Shayne Ward

16. Reigan Derry

18. Ruth Lorenzo

19. CeCe Frey

20. Natalie Conway

1464796871-nicole-scherzinger-x-factor-no-baby-no.gif?crop=1xw:0.8888888888888888xh;center,top&resize=640:*
Nicole Scherzinger (Wally)

05. Cyrus Villanueva

07. Reigan Derry

10. Ruth Lorenzo

13. Dami Im

14. Ella Henderson

15. Shayne Ward

16. Sally Chatfield

17. Natalie Conway

19. Alex & Sierra

20. CeCe Frey

natalia-kills-gif-10.gif