The X Factor Rankdown (#2 ON P. 294 // #1 ON P.295)

11. RUTH LORENZO
X FACTOR UK (SERIES 5) // 5TH PLACE

ruth_lorenzo350.jpg dTpw3WRj_400x400.jpg

AVERAGE: 10.7

----------------------
RANKINGS:

Nico - 1/20

Tom - 2/20

Elliott - 8/20

Solaris - 8/20

Wallace - 10/20

Zoey - 12/20

Public - 13/20

Steven - 16/20

Victoria - 18/20

JC - 19/20

----------------------

NICO

Well I don’t think anyone is shocked she’s my #1 after my deal with Zoey. She has always been pretty high for me, but her post-show music is what gives her the edge over Ella for me. But before that, her X Factor run: amazing. She literally invented singing for your life. I’m still not over her take on Purple Rain and I don’t think I ever will. And Always? Buried final performances for good. I mean her voice just fills a room, and she sings like she doesn’t care about anything else but what she’s doing in that moment. But even with all that, what really keeps her at #1 is her albums Planeta Azul and Loveaholic. Love them both and I still listen to multiple songs from them. She’s also releasing new music this year (allegedly) and her competing in ESC has been probably some of the better tries Spain has had in years lol. Hopefully she gets a good spot, but dragging so many favourites here was already win enough.

TOM

Ruth along with Diana is one of my X Factor season 5 favorites, the first season I watched. She is someone with two sides to her, a Spanish sexy side and a rocker chick side. She started with her more sensual side with Take My Breath Away and when Dannii mentioned bringing out the rock chick, Simon said no and she should stick to the Spanish side. :wacko: She would have gone home in week 2 if she did that. Ruth slayed her first sing off with Purple Rain, and went on to dominate the lives with the likes of Love Ain't Here Anymore, Angels, No More Tears, Always, and I Love Rock & Roll, among others. She was disgustingly robbed in 5th place but gave us one of the mot epic sing-offs with a reprise of Always. I'm glad she got her due here in this rankdown. ❤️ After X Factor, she has represented Spain in Eurovision with the song "Dancing in the Rain". She is another one who could pull off a dark horse win and I would be very pleased with that. 

ELLIOTT

Ruth should probably be ranked a few spots higher, but oh well, it's too late now. Most of my energy in series five was focused on Diana and later Alexandra, so I don't remember much about Ruth except for her being the contestant that should've won. 🙂 Her Purple Rain performance absolutely slayed, but her sing-out performance of Always? I still get chills.

ICONIC.

SOLARIS

My second favorite contestant from X Factor Season 5.  Ruth Lorenzo started out as a joke act for me.  Simon insisted she perform Spanish music as a Spanish artist.  Ruth did not care for that approach and decided part way through to do her own thing.  I thought she killed Michael Jackson week but the audience thought she deserved bottom 2.  I figured she was a dead woman walking, and then she turned out Purple Rain.  That song changed the whole competition for me, and to this day is my favorite sing off performance ever.  It truly defined what singing for your life meant.  She was the sing off queen because she also delivered Knocking on Heavens Door later in the competition.  That allowed her to eliminate front-runner Laura White.  Outside of her two sing offs, I loved when she performed: Summertime, Always and Love Ain’t Here Anymore.  All in all, Ruth Lorenzo kicks ass.

WALLACE

SimilarTameAoudad-size_restricted.gif

Ruth Lorenzo is a Spanish rock and Latin pop singer, who competed on The X-Factor U.K. Series 5. Ruth was apart of the Over 25s category and was mentored by Dannii Minogue. She finished 5th on the competition. Ruth was always the last standing Over of her series and rightfully so of course. (!) Ruth is an amazing vocalist and great performer, which we all should know.

Week 1: “Take My Breath Away”

- Ruth made this performance really hot. She sang this in a sultry, sensual and passionate way. And Ruth singing some of this song in Spanish…. was such hotness. :omg: OMG Simon calling her Rachel. Overall this was good but doesn’t standout compared to her later performances. 

Week 2: “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You”

- This was decent. She sang this well but it was a forgettable performance. Maybe not Bottom 2 worthy but I can get how she landed there. This was definitely my least favorite from her.

Week 2 Sing-Off: “Purple Rain”

- This performance is so ICONIC and SLAYAGE and LEGENDARY! :omg: I love the song in general and I always look to this as my favorite “Purple Rain” performance on ANY singing competition show. Not only that, but I view this as THE best sing-off performance ever on The X Factor U.K. Just amazing. I AM :dead: at 1:20! This performance helped her go from fodder to cementing Ruth as a dark horse. 

Week 3: “Summertime”

- We usually get so many iconic “Summertime” performances and these singing shows - from Fantasia and Leona Lewis. Leona’s version is well remembered and loved on this show but I thought Ruth delivered an astonishing version of this song. She delivered a sultry and sensual performance and had a great mix of vocals - from soft/subtle moments to strong power vocals and everything in between. :omg: Oh Ruth in that red dress is absolutely gorgeous. :wub:

Week 4: “No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)”

- Yikes Ruth had a throat infection this week and couldn’t sing in the rehearsals. :( But honestly you could not tell she had throat issues with seeing this performance. I always love when this song is sang on this show (such as Sam Bailey & Hannah Barrett’s versions) but I think Ruth’s stands out as my favorite. :wub: She delivered such strong performance. And she performed in a very fun and hot way here. She brought such attitude, sass and conviction here. I loved her vocals and powering here… and how she would build this up was so wow! :omg: Also why do these judges crack on Ruth not being one of the best singers? She’s been showing she’s one of the best since “Purple Rain.” 😐

ConcreteVelvetyCrayfish-size_restricted.

Week 5: “My All”

- I was so excited hearing that Ruth sang one of my favorite Mariah songs on the Mariah Carey theme. The Latin Señorita came back with this performance and she was hotter and more sensual than ever! :wub: I thought this was a really gorgeous and stunning performance here. I loved the emotion she poured and connected here wit this song. As always, I love how she built up and power through this song. :omg:  And she looked gorgeous in this too. What the heck at Louis saying she’s not connecting with the people and saying this was more Mariah Scary than Mariah Carey? 😐

Week 5 Sing-Off: “Knockin’ On Heavens Door”

- It sucks how Ruth landed in the Bottom 2 again but at least she got to deliver another epic Sing-Off performance. This maybe wasn’t on “Purple Rain” amazement but this was still a dangg great performance.  She delivered killer vocals and a great emotional connection. The second half of this is SO good! :wub: Ruth always knows how to sing for her life being in these Bottom 2 situations. 

Week 6: “Angels”

- This was a really gorgeous performance from Ruth. The beginning was so soft and beautiful. Then once she got to the chorus, she delivered such strong powerful vocals. Another great performance.

Week 7: “Love Ain’t Here Anymore”

- The Take That theme sure was a challenge for Ruth but wow i absolutely loved this performance from her. Love how she turned this into a power rock ballad. She sang with so much emotion and strong stunning vocals. :omg: Love her belting notes as this built up.

Week 8: “I Love Rock ’n’ Roll” and “Always”

- I get that “I Love Rock ’n’ Roll” was the perfect choice for Ruth on the Britney Spears theme but I honestly wish Ruth sang a Britney original and put a fun rock twist to it. Ooh with the VT playing “(You Drive Me) Crazy” that would have been fun hearing a rock version of that from her. With that said, this was a very fun and sexy performance from Ruth. And it’s one I forget how much I like until rewatching it. She had the rocker chick vibe down - and brought the sassy attitude and hotness needed to sell the song. I loved her hair flick she did too. :giggle: I absolutely loved “Always” and thought this was an amazing performance from Ruth. :wub: Once again she poured so much vulnerable emotion into what she was singing and delivered such amazing vocals too. :omg: I love the intensity she brought here. It’s cool how this was the first song she learned in English too. But such a slayage performance. :omg: 

Ruth was definitely one of my favorites of her series and ugh I do wish she was apart of the finale (in place of Eoghan) with Alexandra and JLS. That was my Top 3 of the season so ugh that would have been perfect for me. But with Ruth landing in the Bottom 2 three times, chances of her making it to the finale wasn’

Sadly, I haven’t kept track of Ruth’s post X-Factor career or music. I think I saw one of her songs linked on here some years ago but I can’t remember what that was. I also see she took part and represented Spain on Eurovision in 2014 - where she placed 10th so that is cool to learn. I can see Ruth placing well in this Rankdown game and she deserves to so best of luck to her!

ZOEY

DeterminedCookedGuineafowl-size_restrict

Ruth is the Queen of the sing-off. I don’t think anyone could even argue otherwise. She gave two performances when placed in the bottom two that ended up being two of the best performances of the entire season. Ruth wasn’t pegged as a front runner when she was placed in to the live shows based on two reasons. The first was that she was barely shown throughout the auditions and boot camp and the second was because she wasn’t from the UK. Whilst I think the British public have gotten better they still struggle to embrace people of different nationalities on singing shows. I don’t know why but it tends to be a running theme. Ruth had a really great run on the show but it was a little too late when she landed in the bottom two and wasn’t able to build up a big enough fan base from those bottom two performances to get her passed the top five. It’s a shame when people like Eoghan were still in the competition. I still think “Purple Rain” is the best sing-off performance in the history of any of the shows.

CHRIS

tumblr_n5gj9cc8FY1qcpop2o5_r1_250.gifv tumblr_n5gj9cc8FY1qcpop2o7_r1_250.gifv tumblr_n5gj9cc8FY1qcpop2o9_r1_250.gifv

The public ranking her at #13? As the host of the rankdown, I'd like to be excluded from that narrative as Ruth Lorenzo is one of my favourite vocalist from X-Factor. Not only is she one hell of a vocalist, but she also gave us some of the best sing-off performance in XF history with "Purple Rain" & "Always" - I really enjoyed "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" but not as much as the other two performances. 

Post-XFactor, Ruth has found a great deal of success in Spain where she represented her country at Eurovision in 2014 - her song, "Dancing In The Rain", was in my Top 3 along with Austria & Netherlands. I haven't really kept up with her career as much as I wanted but it seems that she's having a steady career. And now, here's her performance of Dancing In The Rain art Eurovision: 

STEVEN

Ruth Lorenzo is a talented singer. She has a big voice, and she showed it off throughout the competition. However, I'm ranking her lower than she perhaps deserves due to the fact that I didn't watch the series she competed in. But I was impressed by what I did see on YouTube. She's an old school type of contestant as she belted out ballads week after week, but she did it well. I wonder why she didn't make it to the finals, but I do think Alexandra Burke was a deserving winner from what I've seen. But I do think Ruth is great too despite this low ranking.

VICTORIA

FairLiveHellbender-size_restricted.gif 

This ranking may make some people scratch their heads but @Elliott is going to rank Leona Lewis last so we all do questionable things. Ruth Lorenzo is a threat. That is why she is ranked so low. @NGM never came to me with a deal and when @The Ghost of Weedy Speedy comes back to IDF just to post that Ruth Lorenzo should win this rankdown; that is what you call a threat. Ruth is a beast. She can SANG but she is not one of my all-time favorites so I am okay with tanking her score tbh. I didn't officially start watch The X Factor UK until Series 7 so I didn't watch her journey in real time but there are just contestants you know about. Ruth was one of those contestants. The R.E. helped me learn about her. Ruth's birthday is November 10th so we are always birthday twins. ALMOST. Her audition of "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" by Aretha Franklin was a bit manic. Simon gave her the advice to sing Spanish so she did for "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" by Elton John. She did it again when she sang "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper. She made the finals and for Week 1 sang "Take My Breath Way by Berlin where she infused some Spanish again. Rush singing in Spanish became an issue as some of the judges felt the British public wouldn't take to her singing in Spanish all the time. I loved that she embraced her roots. The next week she didn't sing in Spanish and she landed in the Bottom 2 She sang for her life in one of the best sing-off performance ever, her performance of "Purple Rain" by Prince. The judges saved her and would have been crazy not to after that performance. The next week she sang "Summertime" from the movie Porgy and Bess. She didn't sing Spanish and she was safe that week. She went disco the following week with "No More Tears (No More Tears) by Barbra Streisand and Donna Summer even though it was just okay she was safe. Mariah Carey week saw her see the Bottom 2 when she tackled "My All" by Mariah Carey. She sang Knockin' on Heaven's Door" by Guns N' Roses. She delivered another masterclass and was saved by the judges. She was safe for the next two weeks. During Week 8 she sang "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" by Joan Jett & the Blackhearts and and "Always" by Bon Jovi. It was a shame she left after "Always" but it was incredible but her farewell performance of it always brings me chills. It's the best thing she did on the show and even though she eliminated she left her heart and guts on the floor with her farewell performance. It's a must watch. I love Ruth despite the ranking. So in conclusin, Ruth Lorenzo is a Spanish singer. She was on he X Factor UK Series 5 and made it all the way to the quarter final as part of the Over 25s category mentored by Dannii Minogue. She  finished in 5th place. She has released 2 albums in the show but I have never heard any of it. I liked Ruth, but I preferred people like Alexandra, JLS and Diana tbh. She should have beaten Eoghan Quigg though.

JC

The Spanish sensation! I do not dislike you but obviously do not want you to win. You are part of the overrated vagina season 5 crew, but I kind of like you because you have a Spanish flair to you which is more than I can say about the others. And I like that you own your sexuality and made Simon feel all hot and bothered even though that is gross, but I enjoyed that you could manipulate Simon like that. Anyways, I was not much of a fan of your music though unfortunately so I would have to say that is why I never really helped you and may have nominated you a few times. I thought you may be a threat to win awhile ago, but I think you may be a long shot to win after getting a penalty from a ranker who loves you, I can't remember who but byeeee!  

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elliott

• *Chris

• *Wallace

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cat literally just died and I just got finished burying him so forgive me if I frankly don't give a sh*t what anyone told you. This game does not matter to me right now.

Victoria went to the  emergency room last night due to stomach related issues. She has been there since last night.

Posted Images

Yay finally one of my low rankings showed up! I do not hate Ruth, but I was told that she might be a threat, doesn't seem the case since she didn't even make top 10, perhaps I should have ranked Little Mix 19 :giggle:

7 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Wow, so who is officially in the top 10 now?

Leona Lewis

Alexandra Burke

Diana Vickers

Stacey Solomon

Cher Lloyd

Little Mix

Amelia Lily

James Arthur

Fleur East

Samantha Jade

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Alexandra Burke

Diana Vickers

Stacey Solomon

Cher Lloyd

Little Mix

Amelia Lily

James Arthur

Fleur East

Samantha Jade

Love it :wub:

Ruth! :wub: She's such a great talent! I do wish she ranked a little higher over a few others but I'm not complaining. Glad a lot of us acknowledged "Purple Rain" from her. ❤️ 

10 hours ago, *Chris said:

WALLACE

Ruth was definitely one of my favorites of her series and ugh I do wish she was apart of the finale (in place of Eoghan) with Alexandra and JLS. That was my Top 3 of the season so ugh that would have been perfect for me. But with Ruth landing in the Bottom 2 three times, chances of her making it to the finale wasn’

@*Wallace You didn't finish your write-up. 😢😛 

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

Leona Lewis

Alexandra Burke

Diana Vickers

Stacey Solomon

Cher Lloyd

Little Mix

Amelia Lily

James Arthur

Fleur East

Samantha Jade

Wow. What a great top 10. :wub: 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JC said:

I only stan two of the top 10 ftw.

Three of them are in my all-time Top 5 ignore my tanking of one of them and I like six of the remaining seven. :haha:

Amelia making the top 10 is iconic though! ❤️

Edited by Elliott
2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Three of them are in my all-time Top 5 ignore my tanking of one of them and I like six of the remaining seven. :haha:

Amelia making the top 10 is iconic though! ❤️

Little Mix is in your all time top 5??? I’m so proud of you on doing so well in a rankdown!

My all time top 3 made the top 20 but two of them had penises so obviously they’ve already been eliminated :( James randomly winning would be iconic if all the tanking produced a peen winner :giggle:

Queen Amelia ❤️ 

2 minutes ago, JC said:

Little Mix is in your all time top 5??? I’m so proud of you on doing so well in a rankdown!

Samantha, Amelia and Little Mix are all in my top five with Matt and Taylor. Diana and James are in my top ten, too. 👀

1 hour ago, JC said:

My all time top 3 made the top 20 but two of them had penises so obviously they’ve already been eliminated :( James randomly winning would be iconic if all the tanking produced a peen winner :giggle:

Queen Amelia ❤️ 

They are certainly in mine. ❤️ 

As for James though, he got tanked by me. :haha: I do like him but he was one of the bigger threats.

On 8/28/2020 at 5:20 PM, 1234567890 said:

source.gif

Alvaro Soler (Steven)

01. Ella Henderson

05. Cyrus Villanueva

07. Shayne Ward

09. Alex & Sierra

12. Reigan Derry

13. Dami Im

14. Natalie Conway

15. Sally Chatfield

16. Ruth Lorenzo

20. CeCe Frey

source.gif

Britney Spears (JC)

03. Cyrus Villanueva

04. Dami Im

07. Alex & Sierra

08. CeCe Frey

09. Reigan Derry

11. Shayne Ward

12. Ella Henderson

14. Sally Chatfield

19. Ruth Lorenzo

20. Natalie Conway

giphy.gif

Dannii Minogue (Tom)

02. Ruth Lorenzo

04. Sally Chatfield

10. Reigan Derry

11. Dami Im

12. Ella Henderson

13. Alex & Sierra

14. Cyrus Villanueva

15. Natalie Conway

17. CeCe Frey

20. Shayne Ward

source.gif

Demi Lovato (Elliott)

02. Shayne Ward

07. Reigan Derry

08. Ruth Lorenzo

09. Sally Chatfield

13. CeCe Frey

14. Alex & Sierra

15. Cyrus Villanueva

16. Ella Henderson

17. Natalie Conway

19. Dami Im

9h5M.gif

Guy Sebastia(Solaris)

03. CeCe Frey

08. Ruth Lorenzo

12. Shayne Ward

13. Sally Chatfield

14. Natalie Conway

15. Cyrus Villanueva

16. Reigan Derry

17. Ella Henderson

19. Alex & Sierra

20. Dami Im

giphy.gif

Mel B (Victoria)

05. Cyrus Villanueva

07. Sally Chatfield

08. Dami Im

09. Alex & Sierra

10. Ella Henderson

12. Shayne Ward

16. Reigan Derry

18. Ruth Lorenzo

19. CeCe Frey

20. Natalie Conway

1464796871-nicole-scherzinger-x-factor-no-baby-no.gif?crop=1xw:0.8888888888888888xh;center,top&resize=640:*
Nicole Scherzinger (Wally)

05. Cyrus Villanueva

07. Reigan Derry

10. Ruth Lorenzo

13. Dami Im

14. Ella Henderson

15. Shayne Ward

16. Sally Chatfield

17. Natalie Conway

19. Alex & Sierra

20. CeCe Frey

natalia-kills-gif-10.gif