Nico - 17/20

Zoey - 17/20

Public - 18/20

----------------------

JC

CYRUS-VILLANUEVA-2016-680x680.jpglatest?cb=20180928144713

tumblr_o2awyaIbiR1rulu1jo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ny9fuf6OFa1uxe96yo1_500.gifv

KING CYRUS ❤️ Cyrus is actually my #2 favorite X Factor contestant of all time, right behind Mr. Shayne Ward. He's cute, adorable, sexy, hot, handsome, and has an amazing R&B voice to tie it all together UNF. Unfortunately, Cyrus has a penis, so there is no way in hell he is winning this rankdown, which is why he is getting a strange ranking considering Shayne cannot even be ranked in my top 10 and also because of me honoring a promise I made Victoria. Anyways, since Cyrus can not win this rankdown outright, I do want him to at least win his season, so I hope I do not regret placing him a little lower than number 1, hopefully he can beat Natalie Conway and take his season's place as the rightful winner and champion like he did on the actual season ❤️ Otherwise, it would be an unjust robbery and I will rage. Again, just like Dami, Cyrus as my favorite of the season, also ended up winning! He was not as much of an underdog as Dami, I would say he was probably a favorite to win from the start. But that's because he had the perfect package to be the ultimate popstar and drive all the girls and gay boys wild! But do not be fooled by just the pretty face, his voice killed every song he encountered, and he just makes you gush when he sings. So amazing. Below are just a few of my favorites from Cyrus - he literally slayed EVERYTHING...

I do not even know which of his performances is my favorite because I love all of them, but because I love the song Jealous perhaps that would be my favorite if I had to choose one right now. But honestly he SLAYED EVERYTHING! I just love him and his voice so much. Such a KING!

This video below is actually amaze because it goes through ALL his performances on X Factor which is SO MUCH ❤️ 

ENJOY!

Now let's move on to Cyrus's post-X Factor music. My faves...

He is just stunning, and I love that he is so versatile and kills all styles. He also has some other great covers on youtube, which is fun to discover, especially his old ones before he was on the show. Anyways, I could continue on and on about him but now it is after 5am, so I am going to stop and cut this writeup short. LOVE YOU CYRUS! SO HAPPY YOU MADE THE TOP 20 ❤️ 

In a perfect world, Shayne and Cyrus would finish #1 and #2, but alas, we are in the IDF kingdom, so I REALLY hope Cyrus at least is the top of his season so at least he'll rightfully show up on the season winners board! It needs more male representation!

WALLACE

CYRUS-VILLANUEVA-2016-680x680.jpg

Cyrus Villanueva is a pop singer, who competed on The X Factor Australia Season 7.  Cyrus was apart of the Boys category and was mentored by Chris Issak. Cyrus went onto win the competition and deservingly so. I really love Cyrus and ugh it was a really tough battle as my ultimate male favorites were often more targeted than my female favorites but on IDF that is hardly a surprise. I am very pleased and happy that at least Cyrus of my all-time male favorites made the finals. This was difficult because Cyrus was nominated a lot in this game so I did not think he would make it into the finals. He is really an amazing  singer and musician so I hope people not familiar with him tae a look at his run. I think (and hope) you will be impressed. Cyrus is my actual 7th favorite of this Final 20 - but since i had to rank Leona at #11 and pushed someone else I love more to #6 I’m hopeful this #5 spot can help Cyrus out in rankings (and to hopefully get the XFAU7 win). I will discuss his journey below.

Week 1: “Boyfriend”

- I know people might have some words to say to Cyrus for singing Justin Bieber on the first week of the live shows…. but do no judge. Cyrus did a fantastic version of this song - where he got to do an acoustic arrangement. I loved his vocals and range with how he sang the song throughout. He showcased some nice falsetto notes in there and some great high notes. He had the groove and swag down in how he performed this. He showed right from the start what a star he could become.

Week 2: “Wicked Game”

- This was such a risk with Chris Issak his own classic song but Cyrus CRUSHED this and gave such an amazing rendition of it. Week 2 and Cyrus already having THE MOMENT of the season! :omg: I loved how Cyrus played the piano and so wonderfully here. Not only that but he delivered such a heartfelt and emotional performance here with an amazing vocal delivery. Such a chills inducing performance. I would recommend everyone to watch this as this was one of Cyrus’ very best.

Week 3: “Hold Back the River”

- Cyrus had a lot of pressure following last week’s moment performance. While “Hold Back the River” wasn’t on “Wicked Game”’s level this was still a great performance from him. Some of his lower notes were a little harder to hear him especially with the audience’s screaming. But I loved his belting and how he built up the song. His falsetto notes were really great. 

Week 4: “It Ain’t Over ’til It’s Over”

- This was the performance I least remembered from Cyrus. I remember this performance being his only ~miss in the competition where he had mixed and negative reviews on it. I can’t exactly remember why those comments were. While this was probably my least favorite, Cyrus I still thought he delivered a great vocal and some nice falsetto notes. Oh I found some comments and yikes Guy Sebastian said this was the worst he’s ever performed. And oh this was on Rock Night…. and yeah this song isn’t rock at all.

Week 5: “Rumour Has It”

- Cyrus taking on Adele? NO WAY. Cyrus came back stronger than ever and really slayinggg this performance. :omg: I really loved this performance so much. I loved the attitude and conviction he sang and performed this song with. He delivered such great and outstanding vocals as he always does. I love the staging and production with the backup male drummers. Cyrus really performed this like a star. Then his vocals on the slow part of the song….. amazing and gave me chills! :omg: This was another one of my main favorites from Cyrus.

Week 6: “Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door”

- Cyrus traces on an actual Rock  song here? Why couldn’t Chris have chosen this for him on Rock Night? This was a really beautiful and emotional performance. I loved the passion he poured into this on the slow opening of the song. Then how he built this song up with amazing power vocals….SO good! :omg: 

Week 7: “Love Me Like You Do”

- Cyrus taking on Ellie Goulding is definitely an unexpected twist and risk here. But this was another gorgeous piano playing performance from Cyrus. Although if I were to be super picky I would say this wasn’t as ~amazing/moment-esque~ as his other piano playing performances, but it was still great. I love how he changed this song and put his own spin to this. He brought great piano playing, vocals and emotion to the song. It was just a breathtaking and lovely performance!

Week 8: “Don’t” & “In The Air Tonight”

- Cyrus’ “Don’t” was the definition of straight up slick and cool performance. I loved the swagger and style he sang an performed this song here. This was another performane that could show him off as a modern day male pop star. Maybe not his best vocal but he still sang this song so well! :bobo: And it’s totally how i would want to perform if I was on this show. “In The Air Tonight” is one of those songs I feel always have to get sung on The X Factor Australia so I am glad Cyrus did it this season. I loved Cyrus’ vocals on this song and how he performed this song with such angst and intensity. He really captured the mood of the song and sold it.

Week 9: “Earned It,” “Stone,” “Jealous” & “Wicked Game”

- “Earned It” was Cyrus’ audition song so it was great to see him performing this on the finale. This was such a different performance from his audition. This was…. quite a scandalous performance with the female backing dancers.  I loved Cyrus’ wide vocal range - with his falsetto and belting notes and everything in between. He sang this song so well as he always does! Also loved his high note at the end. “Stone” was a really good and catchy original song for Cyrus. He sang it well and it suits him so well. I loved how he performed and sang this. “Jealous” was such an INCREDIBLE performance. Cyrus poured so much emotion and vulnerability into the song and his vocals were absolutely fantastic. Honestly, this was another MOMENT and world class performance. One of my favorites of his and of the season. This sealed the deal for him to win the competition. “Wicked Game” reprisal was amazing the second time around as it was the first time.

Cyrus went onto win The X Factor Australia and it was the 2nd time my favorite won that series after Samantha Jade. I was soooo happy with Cyrus’ win. I love his journey on the show and he’s my favorite male solo act on this series too. Sadly, I haven’t kept track of Cyrus’ career like I wish I could have. But I do love “Stone” and “Hurt Anymore” (his duet with Samantha Jade). I don’t know how well Cyrus will do on this Rankdown - I’m sure he’ll be in the Bottom 2 but he’s an amazing talent. I’m hoping he can rank better than I expect. I will close this out with my favorite songs of his.

STEVEN

I've saved Cyrus from elimination several times throughout the rankdown, so I'm glad to see him here in the Top 20. Cyrus Villanueva is the winner of the seventh season of The X Factor Australia, and it was a well-deserved win. He was so consistent and delivered fantastic performances every single week of the competition. He had a great voice and a smooth style that was current and cool. He was a charismatic performer too, and he seemed like an artist who already made it instead of a talent show contestant. He was smart with his song choices too. He wasn't old-fashioned or predictable, and he would also rearrange songs to fit his style. He's an incredible talent, and I enjoyed all of his performances. Some of my favorites would be "Jealous," "Rumour Has It," "Knockin' On Heaven's Door," "Wicked Game," "Love Me Like You Do," and "Stone." Cyrus was so impressive week after week, and he must have one of the best competition runs of any talent show winner. I'm not too familiar with his post-X Factor music other than his collaboration with Samantha Jade "Hurt Anymore," but he's very talented and deserving of great success. I don't know where everyone else will rank Cyrus, but he gets a Top 5 spot on my rankings.

VICTORIA

tumblr_ny9fuf6OFa1uxe96yo2_500.gifv

Is this even Cyrus? I have no idea. He's another Natalie Conway for me. No idea who this person is and will probably forget as soon as the write-up is done. Why is he ranked in my Top 5? A deal with @JC is why. That and I know ranking him won't have big change on the results since there is no way he is winning. He auditioned with "Earned It" by The Weeknd and it was actually really good. I loved the falsetto on the performance. For the Five Chair Challenge he smashed it with "Dancing On My Own" by Robyn. He played piano and KILLED it. Wow, he did justice to one of my favorite songs ever. He STOLE someones chair and rightfully so! The judges stood up and Chris Isaak gave him a tissue because Cyrus was overcome with emotion. Chris Isaak? Wicked Games? Cool. Cyrus sang "Is This Love" by Bob Marley and the Wailers was his selection for Judges Houses and it was a pretty performance. It was enough to get him to the finals. For Week 1 he sang "Boyfriend" by Justin Bieber. I couldn't find a video with comments but I like the change it made to the song. It had more of an acoustic feel. I liked it. The next week he sang "Wicked Games" by Chris Isaak and it was magical. I hate that I can't find a performance with comments because I don't know if they stood up or not, but I absolutely loved it. His next song was "Hold Back The River" by James Bay. It was good although I wish he would have sang "Let It Go" instead. It was one of his more uptempo performances so it was a nice change of pace. "It Ain't Over 'til It's Over" by Lenny Kravitz was the next song. It was too me his weakest performance to date. The other judges did not like the song choice except Chris, of course. Chris and James of got into it. Cyrus took on Adele's "Rumour Has It" next and since I can't find comments for this I'm going to say it was amazing because it was Adele. 😘 Biased? Maybe. "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan / Gun N' Roses was the next song for Cyrus. It was a stunning vocal and I wish I knew what the judges comments were because I thought it was a beautiful performance. ❤️ The Cyrus Virus, okay so I saw that comment from the next performance which had an intro package. "Love Me Like You Do" by Ellie Goulding was the next song. He sang it on piano despite Chris' advise. Chris stood up for the performance and it was an amazing performance. "Don't" by Ed Sheeran was the next performance from Cyrus and it's kind of funny because the song is about Ellie Goulding. It was a nice performance. I liked it. This was of his Semi-Final performance so I expected something stronger, but it was decent. "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins was that song. The judges all stood up and it was his performance performance to date. Cyrus made the Final and he sang "Earned It" by The Weeknd, the Winners Single called "Stone",  and "Jealous" by Labrinth". His first performance was better than the fist time he did it tbh. "Stone" was a good performance but like I always say it was no "A Moment Like This". 😘 "Jealous" was amazing on the piano and he sealed the deal with that one I feel. On the night he was crowned the winner he reprised "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak which was a nice way to end his journey. I had no idea who this person was before this rankdown and now I know why @JC likes him. He can sing and he is cute. So time for the part of the show where I recap:  Cyrus Villanueva is an Australian pop singer. He was a contestant The X Factor Australia Season 7 and made it all the way to the final as part of the Boys category mentored by Chris Isaak. He was crowned the winner defeating Louise Adams. Cyrus is part Filipino and Europeon so it's nice that he still was able to win over Australia. Cyrus' winners single peaked at #4 on the Australian Singles Chart and his self-titled debut album peaked at number 4. I see he did a song with Samantha Jade which I m sure @Elliott will love. Congrats to @JC and @Elliott (maybe) for getting him this far. He is a boy so I just assume @Elliott likes him. :haha: I hope you guys still have the Cyrus Virus. :dead:

TOM

Like with Natalie, I have not seen a lot of Cyrus's season, but I do know his song with Samantha Jade called Hurt Anymore and it is awesome. I know Cyrus was an favorite early on in his season and one fairly easily over Jess and Matt and Louise Adams. I remember his winning performance of Wicked Game, really pretty. His debut album Cyrus was released in 2015 with the lead single Stone, but it doesn't like he released any more albums after that, only a few singles after Hurt Anymore. Ranking him at 14th because while he has a great voice, I'm not motivated to check out more of his X Factor performances, maybe if someone links them.

ELLIOTT

Whomst?

Keke Palmer Meme GIF by swerk

According to Wikipedia, he's the winner of the seventh season of The X Factor Australia and had a duet with Samantha Jade. Well, at least he has that going for him. :wub: Sadly, I've never seen a single second of his X Factor run and haven't heard any of his original music. I'm pretty much just ranking him here by default, but since he's in the final vote, I'm assuming he has fans? Their write-ups will do him more justice than me!

SOLARIS

I do not know who got him to the finals, but I suppose good job.  When I think of all the potential winners from the Australian version of X-Factor.  He isn’t one of the ones I would consider Top 20 worthy.  I would rather see Reece, Isaiah or Marlisa in his place.  That said, I didn’t find Cyrus very memorable on the show.  I guess I enjoyed his Love Me Like You Do, Wicked Game and Hold Back the River.  However, I just don’t find him very interesting.  Therefore, he gets my 15th place ranking.  Congrats, to whoever brought him here though?

NICO

Onto the second part of season 7 of X Factor Australia, we have the winner of the season here, and I still don’t give a damn about it unfortunately (for him). He was solid throughout his run, but he just felt “I have seen this before a million times” for me. He was a pretty big frontrunner going in if I remember correctly (he might have had a bit of a built-in fan base) and he rode that plus the fans he got from his performances all the way to a win. As you can guess, I have not kept up with him, so if he has a career or still a musician will remain a mystery for me since I don’t care to find out.

ZOEY

latest?cb=20180928144713

Cyrus was a contestant and winner on The X Factor Australia 2015. I don't remember much about this season as I didn't watch her in real time and watched the odd performance here and there. The only reason I didn't go after Cyrus in this rankdown was because JC seemed to like him and deals were made. He was an easy contestant to keep around since I have pretty neutral feelings towards him. I've seen a few performances from Cyrus, but they didn't make an impact on me and so that's the reason he's ranked this low. Hopefully some others have his higher and he can place higher for JC.

CHRIS

I am not too familiar with him beside his song with Samantha Jade. I did watch some of his performances and I enjoy his voice - nothing makes him standout from this Top 20 though. Congrats to him for making it, this far!

Edited by *Chris

12 minutes ago, Solaris said:

how did Cyrus place so high?  I mean the guy is alright, but outlasting Reigan, Dami, etc?  Fail.  Sammi is the only australian remaining and everyone else is from the UK.  

look at the scores, the differences so far a pretty small lol people probably took less of an interest ranking him low than Reigan and Dami

19 minutes ago, NGM said:

look at the scores, the differences so far a pretty small lol people probably took less of an interest ranking him low than Reigan and Dami

Pretty much this. 

It's a .1 difference. 

source.gif

Alvaro Soler (Steven)

01. Ella Henderson

05. Cyrus Villanueva

07. Shayne Ward

09. Alex & Sierra

12. Reigan Derry

13. Dami Im

14. Natalie Conway

15. Sally Chatfield

20. CeCe Frey

source.gif

Britney Spears (JC)

03. Cyrus Villanueva

04. Dami Im

07. Alex & Sierra

08. CeCe Frey

09. Reigan Derry

11. Shayne Ward

12. Ella Henderson

14. Sally Chatfield

20. Natalie Conway

giphy.gif

Dannii Minogue (Tom)

04. Sally Chatfield

10. Reigan Derry

11. Dami Im

12. Ella Henderson

13. Alex & Sierra

14. Cyrus Villanueva

15. Natalie Conway

17. CeCe Frey

20. Shayne Ward

source.gif

Demi Lovato (Elliott)

02. Shayne Ward

07. Reigan Derry

09. Sally Chatfield

13. CeCe Frey

14. Alex & Sierra

15. Cyrus Villanueva

16. Ella Henderson

17. Natalie Conway

19. Dami Im

9h5M.gif

Guy Sebastia(Solaris)

03. CeCe Frey

12. Shayne Ward

13. Sally Chatfield

14. Natalie Conway

15. Cyrus Villanueva

16. Reigan Derry

17. Ella Henderson

19. Alex & Sierra

20. Dami Im

giphy.gif

Mel B (Victoria)

05. Cyrus Villanueva

07. Sally Chatfield

08. Dami Im

09. Alex & Sierra

10. Ella Henderson

12. Shayne Ward

16. Reigan Derry

19. CeCe Frey

20. Natalie Conway

1464796871-nicole-scherzinger-x-factor-no-baby-no.gif?crop=1xw:0.8888888888888888xh;center,top&resize=640:*
Nicole Scherzinger (Wally)

05. Cyrus Villanueva

07. Reigan Derry

13. Dami Im

14. Ella Henderson

15. Shayne Ward

16. Sally Chatfield

17. Natalie Conway

19. Alex & Sierra

20. CeCe Frey

natalia-kills-gif-10.gif 

Natalia Kills (Nico)

02. Ella Henderson

04. Reigan Derry

06. Dami Im

10. Alex & Sierra

13. Sally Chatfield

16. Shayne Ward

17. Cyrus Villanueva

18. Natalie Conway

20. CeCe Frey

tumblr_mwtwd08ydw1r6bteso1_500.gif

Tulisa (Zoey)

06. Natalie Conway

07. Dami Im

10. Sally Chatfield

13. CeCe Frey

14. Shayne Ward

16. Alex & Sierra

17. Cyrus Villanueva

19. Reigan Derry

20. Ella Henderson

ScentedIdleDrongo-small.gif

Public (IDF)

07. Alex & Sierra

09. Shayne Ward

11. Ella Henderson

15. Dami Im

16. Reigan Derry

17. Sally Chatfield

18. Cyrus Villanueva

19. CeCe Frey

20. Natalie Conway

Very pleasantly surprised and happy with Cyrus ranking at 12th. Wasn’t expecting it and was just hoping he can get at least in the Top 15. So #mission accomplished. :haha:😄  He is an amazing talent and I was hoping some others would appreciate him more (yay some positive commets though) but again this #12 ranking is fantastic - and the 2nd highest Australian act! :ohyeah:

Although I was thinking JC was gonna put him 1st….. so his 3rd ranking shocked me there. :lmao: Oooh and Victoria made a deal regarding Cyrus with JC too? I’ll take it as that yeps him out. Amazing write-ups from the both of you! :clap: Although badd Victoria mentioning Elliott instead of me when mentioning the Cyrus fans. :dead::lmao:

Ooh Chris you have to fix Cyrus’ stats as they are Ella’s. He’s X Factor Australia Season 7 1st Place.

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Very pleasantly surprised and happy with Cyrus ranking at 12th. Wasn’t expecting it and was just hoping he can get at least in the Top 15. So #mission accomplished. :haha:😄  He is an amazing talent and I was hoping some others would appreciate him more (yay some positive commets though) but again this #12 ranking is fantastic - and the 2nd highest Australian act! :ohyeah:

Although I was thinking JC was gonna put him 1st….. so his 3rd ranking shocked me there. :lmao: Oooh and Victoria made a deal regarding Cyrus with JC too? I’ll take it as that yeps him out. Amazing write-ups from the both of you! :clap: Although badd Victoria mentioning Elliott instead of me when mentioning the Cyrus fans. :dead::lmao:

Ooh Chris you have to fix Cyrus’ stats as they are Ella’s. He’s X Factor Australia Season 7 1st Place.

Oops :haha: