idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Elliott

RuPaul’s Drag Race - General Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, .Rei said:

He was my fav :( 

I was hoping for a Willam, Latrice and Chad Michaels top 3 :( 

Sharon Needles is not pleased with this.  

• Like 1

Latrice just did that with A Natural Woman :wub:

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Latrice just did that with A Natural Woman :wub:

made Kenya Michaels look like an amateur.

21 hours ago, Solaris said:

made Kenya Michaels look like an amateur.

I'm over people doing choreography, jumps and taking their wigs off already 

Just now, .Rei said:

I was over Kenya Michaels.  

Posted (edited)
Just now, .Rei said:

Because it hasn't been done properly... just yet!

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1

Just now, *Chris said:

Because it hasn't been done properly... just yet!

its only been successful like twice.  And its only been good once.

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

its only been successful like twice.  And its only been good once.

More than twice, in my opinion.

I call it successful if it served as a purpose to the performance.

Would anyone been interesting in a +/-  game of RPDR queens or lipsyncs? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Just if Milan’s performances are cut first 😘

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, *Chris said:

yas.

Alyssa Edwards VS Tatianna - Shut Up And Drive (RPDR All-Stars ...

4 hours ago, *Chris said:

Lip syncs yes

4 hours ago, .Rei said:

Just if Milan’s performances are cut first 😘

Oh... you haven’t gotten to S7 or S11 yet.

Finally got around to finishing Season 3. :haha: 😄 I'll post my thoughts later on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Finally got around to finishing Season 3. :haha: 😄 I'll post my thoughts later on.

Time to start S4!

22 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Time to start S4!

Not yet. :dead: I have to catch up on The Challenge first but i may watch one S4 episode tonight if I have time. :haha: 

Season 3 Thoughts:

Alexis Mateo: BAM! 😘 Really liked Alexis a lot.Her episode talking about her boyfriend in the military in that USA PSA episode where she won that challenge, was such a touching moment for her. But yeah she’s fun, vibeant and has a great lively personality I love. She was hilarious as Alicia Keys and on the standup comedy challenge. I also love her friendships with Shangela and Yara. Also Alexis is #me whenever she talked about that annoying Heathers clique. :haha:

Carmen Carrera: Sooo what was the point of eliminating Carmen 6th, then to bring her back only to eliminate her that same week she came back? So unnecessary, imo. LOL I feel Carmen is the most naked Drag Queen yet. :dead:  I do feel she relied on her sexy image a lot, which she does excel on, but yeah Michelle commented on that a lot. I also felt she fell flat in a lot of the personality based competitions.

Delta Work: Delta was good/decent. I felt she had some good and fun moments, like on the workout video challenge. But then she had some moments where she was down on herself and lacking confidence, which led to her demise.

India Ferrah: She was okay but was just there. She was kinda underwhelming in the challenges i remembered and was lacking personality. I didn’t like how she blamed the challenges from preventing her from showing her true personality. It came off as coming up with multiple excuses. The thing I remember most about her is being picked up by Mini in that lip sync battle, which I felt bad for her on. 

Manila Luzon: Really liked Manila overall. I found her to have a great lively fun personality, which she did showcase and shine on various challenges. I do think Manila had a tendency of being a bit b-wordy and stirring the pot at times but it didn’t bother me, as I still enjoyed her personality and found her fun. I also loved many of her runway looks too. I also didn’t realize I wanted her to win until the very end when it was down to her and Raja.

Mariah: Very beautiful and loved her look. I thought she was going to be a frontrunner of the season. But as the season progressed, I felt she relied on her pretty looks and seemed to be resting on safe/mediocre performances.

Mimi Imfurst: HOT MESS MINI. :dead: I found her hilarious in that Queens in Space video. Then her workout video was a mess. Honestly, I found her hilarious for most of the season, even though she kinda came off clowny more than drag queen. Then  that lip sync battle of her carryng India onto the stage was an omggg moment. :dead: Honestly at least I remember her more than the other first 4 boots.

Phoenix: 2nd boot. Forgot about her, really. i just remember she was terrible in the Drag Queens in space challenge where she delivered her lines away from the camera. :haha: Think she and India had drama of sharing the same style or something?

Raja: Raja having 20 years of experience (and more now) of drag, she was a very strong competitor for sure. I would say objectively, I think she was he best one. She was very innovative, creative and brought lots of great and amazing high fashion looks - I think she was probably the best one at doing that. She’s VERY model-esque. And she was extremely consistent in nearly all of the challenges. However the thing for me is that I felt a lack of connection to her compared to the other Queens with the bigger brighter personalities. And she didn’t standout as much to me in personality type competitions. But her Tyra Banks was hilarious. With this show, I feel i am drawn to the bigger personalities. I also kinda had a feeling she would win early on - but competition was really tight between her, Alexis and Manila. All in all, she is a deserving winner and do really like her.

Shangela: OMGG Shangela is an icon and i totally get it! :dead: Shangela has personality for DAYS and she had me cracking up in every episode. Definitely my favorite personality of this season. She really excelled on challenges that involved personality - like the workout video, where she played the Gossip Columnist and of course the standup comedy. The last moment was ICONIC + I need to watch that comedy act everyday. :dead: Yeah sadly she was lacking experience in the drag world compared to the other Queens but that didn’t bother me, esp. with my lack of drag knowledge. There were comments of her dress/hair/make-up not being on point but I thought she looked fine soo I dunno. I can admit that objectively she wasn’t the ~strongest of the competition and left at the right time although i was annoyed Carmen came back and got that 5th spot over Shangela, as I’d like to think of Shangela as 5th.

Stacy Layne Matthews: OMGG Stacy is freaking hilarious. Really loved her Mo’Nique from the Snatch Game comp. But omggg, I NEED a transcript or a tribute video of all of her quotes because I found her to be one of the funniest Queens. She had such a potty mouth but always had me cracking up with everything she said. :dead::lmao:

Venus D-Lite: First boot. I don’t really remember her too much but mostly remember her being a Madonna impersonator and getting work done to look like Madonna, which I think is a bit too much but do you, Venus.

Yara Sofia: Aww I really liked Yara and found her so funny and hilarious. It’s interesting how this season had 2 big personality Puerto Rican queens, that were kinda competing against each other and would draw comparisons. While I did think Alexis toned it down admixed it up, I felt that Yara was a bit #toomuch. Lovd her energy and vibrance, but sometimes her voice would get screechy and annoying. :dead: She means well and again I did enjoy her throughout. Especially in moments where she was helpful and supportive of other Queens, like Shangela and Alexis. Ugh her final lip sync battle where she gave up against Alexis was heartbreaking. :broken: Well done to her winning Miss Congeniality.

Bonus Note: So this season did seem cliquey with The Heathers vs. The Boogers. In short, I found this whole The Heathers clique thing so high school and annoying - even though I do like 3 of its members. :haha: 

Rankings:

1. Shangela
  2. Manila Luzon
  3. Alexis Mateo
  4. Raja
  5. Yara Sofia
  6. Carmen Carrera
  7. Stacy Layne Matthews
  8. Mariah
  9. Delta Work
  10. Mimi Imfurst
  11. India Ferrah
  12. Phoenix
  13. Venus D-Lite

Favorites 1-5 (although 2 & 3 are really tight and interchangeable. i'd put them in a tie if I could), Liked 6-8, indifferent on 9-13

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

AL*XIS AT #3? OVER RAJA? YARA AT #5? @*Wallace

unimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIF

Edited by Elliott

11 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

but competition was really tight between her, Alexis and Manila.

Raja was personally invited onto the show by RuPaul after their time on America's Next Time Model. There was no way she was going to lose. :rofl:

Flawless Top 5, Wally! 

11 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Flawless Top 5, Wally! 

rupauls drag race lil pound cake GIF by RealityTVGIFs

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

AL*XIS AT #3? OVER RAJA? YARA AT #5? @*Wallace

unimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIFunimpressed viola davis GIF

Dang right. 🙂 

What's your problem with Alexis and Yara? And lol who would you put above Yara? :? 

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Raja was personally invited onto the show by RuPaul after their time on America's Next Time Model. There was no way she was going to lose. :rofl:

Omgggg really? LOL well that makes sense. :dead: I've seen all of ANTM but can't remember seeing Raja on there. 

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

Flawless Top 5, Wally! 

Thanks Chris! Those were he 5 I really cared for and rooted for. :haha: Nearly put Stacy over Carmen for her hilarity but didn't.

The Alexis and Yara love :wub: I don’t understand the intense dislike for them, they are fierce queens and did wonders for Puerto Rican representation on that show. BAM!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Thanks Chris! Those were he 5 I really cared for and rooted for. :haha: Nearly put Stacy over Carmen for her hilarity but didn't.

I wish you had haha, Carmen is 😴 

• Like 2