RuPaul’s Drag Race - General Discussion Thread

Season 7

690?cb=20161204080534

My least favorite season so far. Even worst than AS1 imo. I didn't love any queen and at the end I was just glad that the season was over and I could move on to season 8. Not much to say so let's go with the rankings.

1. Katya

giphy.gifgiphy.gifToB_rCsb-9I19Oq0-P4LLajtjKjpKaUaHWajh3XfNS__HPDngkzQi0nyXFYZX2GbKAmNGjGzSSciQPfxsn4wHgxvFhdQJKMdrXzJtVUkiUkd58NpKPEk2ygrA0I

Katya was easily the bright spot of the season. The one queen that had the personality, talent and humor needed for this kind of show. While not the greatest queen by any means, Katya was very solid throughout her run and had the best moments out of any queen this season. Her looks were hit or miss most of the time but her Flying Outfit, Bearded look and Ugly Dress sick were pretty great. Her strongest suit was definitely the comedy challenges were she always excelled in, like her musical perfomance along with Kennedy and the DESPY Awards. I wish Katya could have made the finale and win but I also can't blame anybody saving Kennedy after that crazy split in the Lip-Sync. Overall, Katya is a queen I really liked but not that much to call her one of my favorites ever.

2. Ginger Minj

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f37645556304933456671506250673d3d2d3736343637373432302e313562356331316233366462646233613337393138393330323538362e6769667226648_orig.gifBiodegradableSaneBeagle-size_restricted.gif

Ginger Minj was pretty talented and she was my favorite queen for a long time but I just get annoyed when queens start to criticize the younger ones and say that only a seasoned queen is deserving of the title and blah blah. Aside that Ginger was a triple threat with the talent, personality and performance skills. Great looks and her outstanding comedy performances made her to be the most well rounded queen in this season. I truly believe she was the best of the season and was kinda robbed at the end. But again I wasn't that invested in her by the end to feel mad about her loss. 

3. Pearl

original.gif5Ccr.gif95re.gif

My top 3 was pretty set since the beginning. Katya, Ginger and Pearl were the queens I was rooting for so I'm glad two of them made the finale. Pearl looked like she didn't give a sh*t about the show antics and the whole exchange with Ru in the workroom was pretty awesome and I was obviously Team Pearl. Pearl was a Look Queen and I enjoyed most of her runways look, cause most were pretty amazing. Pearl was pretty bad in some of the challenges but she also came through and some others like the Snatch Game, which was pretty amazing. I really liked the stoned like personality of Pearl and also was pretty f*ckable out of drag, so that's why Pearl ends up as my #3 favorite of the season.

4. Kennedy Davenport

99e251a4cf4acfedb20d574aa5c1f234.gif

From now on all of my reviews will be pretty short cause I just want to get this over with. I liked Kennedy well enough. Most of the time she looked like she didn't care, but she still would say when needed, like during her lip-sync against Katya and that sick split. Her Snatch Game was also amazing and deserving of the win. Her Death comes Look was a really WTF moment and it is still hilarious how she wasn't eliminated after that.

5. Violet

BossyConsiderateAngelfish-small.gif

I didn't like Violet at the beginning but I guess she won me over and ended up being a queen that I was enjoying towards the end. I guess that has to do a lot with the edit. Her runway look in the gif above was amazing and one of her best moments. Her Death look was also pretty amazing. I also liked her Tango dance with Katya.

6. Jaidynn Diore Fierce

tenor.gif?itemid=5076369

Jaidynn had some great moments in the competition like her bearded look, green look and her impersonation of Bianca del Rio. I think my favorite moment from her was her lip-sync against Kandy Ho to Ariana Grande’s Break Free wich was pretty epic. Unfortunately she had some bad moments like he RuHollywood Story performance, her Rayven impersonation on Snatch Game and her final runway along Tempest Dujour and by the time she left I think she had already shown all she had in her at the moment.

7. Max

YoungNervousCockroach-small.gif

I enjoyed Max during the competition and thought that she should have lasted longer. I agree that she wasn’t the most exciting queen but her performances in the challenges and runway were good enough and better than some of the queens that outstayed her. I remember Max won an acting challenge and had some looks that I really like the Beard look and the Death look which was amazing. Max bombed the Snatch Game as S**** N***** thought and gave some flap performances now and then too. Overall a queen that I enjoyed but soon will be forgotten like 95% of this season’s cast.

8. Mrs. Kasha Davis

tumblr_nl5jfzNG1A1uq7v9zo1_400.gif

I thought she deserved to stay over Kandy Ho and it was at a time when I was starting to like her. Not a super impressive queen but I guess she wasn’t terrible like some of the queens that stay over her. Also I really like her lip-sync against Kandy Ho.

8. Jasmine Masters

tumblr_nld8hcxJZ01qiohboo8_500.gif

When I first saw Jasmine, I inmediately recognized her as her gifs are always used here on IDF. I was rooting for her but she ended up being a funny trainwreck and I appreciated her short time on the season. Her bearded look (minus the beard) was sickening!

9. Kandy Ho

source.gif

At first I thought I was gonna love Kandy Ho but it was dissapointment after disappointment and she never really stood out during any of the challenges nor did she have any great runway looks. I think there was potential but she never really displayed it. Having said that, Kandy Ho was pretty great and her final lip-sync against Jaidynn was epic.

10. Trixie Matel

cc325735f921ea0b283cf76e416bae6d.gif

Trixie Mattel was just there for four episodes and I don’t really remember anything that she did during this four days. Not a single thing. Then she came back and was there for two episodes and I don't really remember anything from that either. And she is a name that I feel is often mentioned around here so I was expecting a lot and got nothing.

11. Miss Fame

DpVedht.gif

I had an unreasonable dislike for Miss Fame during the season. She annoyed the hell out of me and I just couldn’t stand her. I didn’t enjoy anything she did from challenges to runways. It felt to me that she deserved to be in the bottom like fives and yet she kept getting saved, robbing many better queens along the way. Finally, she was sent home after one of the worst lip-sync ever against Pearl. I mean if you get set home in a lipsync against Pearl, there’s something that you’re not going correctly. And I say that being a fan of Pearl.

12. Tempest DuJour

tenor.gif?itemid=5076390

I was low key rooting for her since I belleve she was the oldest queen that had participated in the show, however she bombed the first challenge and was outperformed by Kandy Ho in the lip-sync.

13. Sasha Bell

tumblr_nqjdeqjtOj1si3tc1o1_400.gifv

Deserved to go first. I didn’t enjoy her or her drag persona.

Seasons Rankings:

1- Season 6 

2 - Season 4

3 - Season 5

4 - Season 1 

5 - Season 2

6 - Season 3

7 - All-Stars Season 1

8 - Season 7

Top 15 Queens so far

Bebe Zahrara Bennet

Nina Flowers

Raven

Jujubee

Alexis Mateo

Yara Sofia

Chad Michaels

Phi Phi O'Hara

Latrice Royale

Willam

Jinkx Monsoon

Roxxxy Andrews

Detox

Bianca del Rio

Adore Delano

Edited by .Rei
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just started Season 4…. and yayy I FINALLY know where this comes from.       Also a lip sync battle to “Toxic.”   Too bad one of them wasn’t good in that.

I hate so much that I have to post this 💔 It is circulating on social media that Chi Chi has passed away. I’ve just seen Kennedy has shared this on Facebook and I know they were extremely close, plus

Wally literally everyone likes Jinkx, Elliott be tripping per usual 

Posted Images

I watched Ru answer a number of questions on YouTube and lot of these things I already from previous interviews, but he's just one of my favorite people period. So genuine. ❤️ 

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

Katya and Ginger at 1 and 2 ❤️

That's all that matters with this season! :wub: 

Perfect Top 2 there @.Rei even though Ginger was my #1 and Katya was my #2.

"I mean if you get set home in a lipsync against Pearl, there’s something that you’re not going correctly."

LOVE this comment here. :dead:  I said the same thing about Trixie too. :haha: 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Kennedy at 4?

Violet at 5?

unimpressed viola davis GIF

At least you have the correct top three.

Lol I mean I had Max and Jaidyn higher but i don't see anything wrong with those placements considering that cast. :haha: 

1 hour ago, ~Tom~ said:

@*Wallace Crystal at #6?

Danggg rightt. 😘 

Lol y'all act like I don't like Crystal.  :dead: I do like her but she was just a little too weird for me and I preferred others more. :haha: 

• Like 1

LMAOO I was just about to come in here and say some thhoughts. I finished Episode 5! And OMGGG..... I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY YET don't know what to say about what i watched in those last 15 minutes.

That India and Alexis drama regarding Shea..... OMGG. :dead: I don't know what to say or who to believe. But i was shooketh. :dead:  And A WHOLE BUNCH of other feelings I will save for my write-ups.

Also not a fan of this "if you aren't in the top you're in the bottom twist." 😐  I feel like many people are about to get screwed. 😐 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

LMAOO I was just about to come in here and say some thhoughts. I finished Episode 5! And OMGGG..... I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY YET don't know what to say about what i watched in those last 15 minutes.

That India and Alexis drama regarding Shea..... OMGG. :dead: I don't know what to say or who to believe. But i was shooketh. :dead:  And A WHOLE BUNCH of other feelings I will save for my write-ups.

Also not a fan of this "if you aren't in the top you're in the bottom twist." 😐  I feel like many people are about to get screwed. 😐 

The best episode of the season! 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Alexis is absolutely iconic in AS5! 

tenor.gif

11 hours ago, #jeah said:

Alexis is absolutely iconic in AS5! 

tenor.gif

Oooh Alexis. :giggle:  ❤️  

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

@*Wallace Hurry up and finish AS5

LOL Patience child. :haha: My goal is to finish it tonight sooooo I hope I can accomplish that. :haha: 

• Like 1
On 9/3/2020 at 12:46 AM, ~Tom~ said:

@*Wallace Crystal at #6?

@.Rei Trixie and Miss Fame below Kandi Ho? Though I appreciate the high Pearl and Max rankings.

I was like who is Crystal??????? then I saw it was directed at Wallace

Trixie and Miss Fame were terrible.. so was Kandi Ho :haha: but I enjoyed her more 

On 9/3/2020 at 2:33 AM, *Wallace said:

That's all that matters with this season! :wub: 

Perfect Top 2 there @.Rei even though Ginger was my #1 and Katya was my #2.

"I mean if you get set home in a lipsync against Pearl, there’s something that you’re not going correctly."

LOVE this comment here. :dead:  I said the same thing about Trixie too. :haha: 

The right top 2 ❤️

I love Pearl but her lip-syncs were no bueno

I know Trixie comes back and do much better so I hope I can be impressed when I see her again