idolforums.com
Elliott

RuPaul’s Drag Race - General Discussion Thread

Posted (edited)

S6

690?cb=20161204073715

Definitely my favorite season so far. This season felt for me less drama filled where the queens seemed to be more real. No made up storylines, no over the top verging-on-fake personalities. Queens seemed to behave more real and less fake most of the time and it was really refreshing to see. Also some of the best queens run I've ever seen and there were many queens to root for that it really made me feel like the show peaked with this season.

Rankings:

1. Bianca del Rio - The best run from any queen that I've seen so far. Flawless in all aspects. Queen of slaying the competition with only one outfit. Queen of reading everybody else and not being mean or disrespectful. Queen of performing flawlessly in every challenge. The perfect contestant. Definitely in my top contestants ever. ❤️

17ad8d1b2fa4b151669f9f98d818fb0b.giftumblr_n6cxhfkOQK1qac1soo2_500.gif06a939fbc832829d8f5d54b2992c0979.gif

2. Adore Delano - One of my favorite journeys from a contestant. Adore went from performing poorly the first weeks to slaying the competition towards the end. Awesome personality, humor and iconic moments without trying hard. Some of the most iconic performances in challenges like her rapping. For sure one of my favorite contestants ever.

EmptyUnhappyBat-small.gifWUsbmIHiSYM7WLa7FmyPhhHA42RddgzOPLFHzhuNNeMibaENZQTBq1uBV1dDy1FO3MRInpQoutQxry3kuSlKqKIYkkjl0li7J0t60KS5vITusjxarjPNXLekIhctfW1EENIa1WvL_6_wqQUSguDqbxAFcRqIKcw5b4699d7d972a0a4a11885d58cf135b2.gif

3. Trinity K. Bonet - Ugh I was rooting for Trinity so much and wanted her to lasted way longer that she did. I love how she would always seem so unsure while preparing for the challenge and then out of nowhere came and slay. Trinity's relationship with Bianca was definitely a highlight for the season and I love how she took the help and improved so much by the time she left. Hopefully I get to see her in one of the All-Stars seasons. Also queen of slaying in the Lip-Syncs.

giphy.gifAHKW.gifAHM3.gif

4. Ben DelaCreme - Ben had sort of the same run as Detox did in the previous season. Both early frontrunners with mad talent that in the end sort of lost steam and whose eliminations seemed right when they happened. Having said that, I loved Ben DelaCreme's look and personality and really wished she had shown more. Her Maggie Smith impersonation was also flawless.

CEjt.gifSnatch-Game-MAggie-Smith-Ben-Delacreme.gifHp05.gif

5. Joslyn Fox - Joslyn Fox is the kind of trainwreck that I love. Clueless and hilarious. Delusional but still fun. During the whole Joslyn/Courtney drama I was always team Joslyn as she was actually a really nice person while Courtney was just cocky and full of herself. While Joslyn wasn't the greatest queen, her run was still fun and her wearing the practically just stripes and threads for two weeks in a row even though the judges criticized her for this was kinda hilarious. Her split during the Lip-Sync at the same time as Laganja was unbelievable!!! I don't know if it was planned or not but it was one of my favorite moments in a Lip-Sync. I just loved her!

58bd096c69b257796adcadc1fdcf1329df8da262r1-480-268_hq.gifd146a2ae2c8e3b8c6c0ddc9d45c9e8af84ab1520tenor.gif?itemid=12943210

6. Courtney Act - Well here is the unpopular opinion I was talking about before. While Courtney didn't take a step wrong in the competition, she also didn't do anything remotely outstanding to me. Yes, she had some sicks outfits but for me is more creative to sew an impressive outfit than use an expensive outfit with wings that you brought from outside. I won't say she wasn't terrible but she didn't excite me and I was rooting for the likes of least polished queens like Adore and Joslyn instead of her. Her performance in the Rumusical was of course outstanding but then I preferred Adore. I also think I don't really like her type of drag, I guess. I prefer the over the top make-up and over the top act and for me most of the time she was just relying on pretty. Overall, a solid queen but a one that wasn't one of my favorites.

ABMQ.gifAHKO.gifAHLi.gif

7. Milk - I really like what I saw of Milk. Milk didn't compromise by changing her style and she just gave her what she felt like it. While her run wasn't omgaw amazing, I wish Milk had lasted longer cause I saw a lot of potential there. Milk is also pretty hot out of drag and that is always a plus.

giphy.gif3D3T.gif

8. Darienne Lake - How did Darienne make it top 4th place I would never know. I guess her Lip-Syncs abilities were really great. She had some really great looks.

giphy.gif giphy.gif

9. April Carrion - Robbed!! Would have loved to see more from her. She had some really great runways looks and I was rooting for her.

uyULJ2m.gifapril-carrion-gif-10.gif

10. Vivacious - I felt kinda bad for Vivacious cause I was rooting for her to make it far given all her experience in the drag world. Unfortunalely for her, her style was perceived as outdated for the judges and contestants which is what ultimately sent her home IMO. Having said that Vivacious and Ornacia's entrance was iconic and hilarious and I kinda enjoyed her last runway look which I've already seen in Cailtin/Jason's jazz routine in SYTYCD season 5 :haha: From that bottom 3 I would have saved April over her cause I liked her more but tbh I would have cut Adore Delano over those two during that week as she was noticeably worst. Having said that I enjoyed Vivacious the little I saw her. 

giphy.giftenor.gif?itemid=12878387vivacious.gif?resize=500,292&quality=80&strip=all&ssl=1

11. Laganja Estranja - Oh I guess I have two unpopular opinions. The only thing that Laganja contributed  to the season with was her I feel attacked gif. Well she had like two great runways outfits. But she was annoying, whining and I was massively disappointed because she was one of the queens I knew before watching the show (thanks to SYTYCD).

340?cb=20200711102020laganja.gif

12. Gia Gunn - Annoying. I wasn't buying the whole fishy drag queen act and most of the time she was just rude. I wasn't a fan.

13. Kelly Mantle - To be honest I don't believe she was that bad and would have probably placed Adore Delano in the bottom 2 instead of her but in the end she was not that memorable and I really only remember her for the bacon she wore in her TV Show Look. I do believe there was potential though but again I would have also saved Vivacious over her so I wasn't really bothered by her elimination.

AltruisticHilariousApisdorsatalaboriosa-

14. Magnolia Crawford - Awful runway look and she came off as delusional at the end so I'm glad she was among the first queen eliminated from her group.

1849b51c18c2fe739b75e0db3ea6ec8eec8d0538

Seasons Rankings:

1- Season 6 

2 - Season 4

3 - Season 5

4 - Season 1 

5 - Season 2

6 - Season 3

7 - All-Stars Season 1

Top 15 Queens so far

Bebe Zahrara Bennet

Nina Flowers

Raven

Jujubee

Alexis Mateo

Yara Sofia

Chad Michaels

Phi Phi O'Hara

Latrice Royale

Willam

Jinkx Monsoon

Roxxxy Andrews

Detox

Bianca del Rio

Adore Delano

Edited by .Rei

Bianca at #1 almost makes up for your S5 opinions. 😘 At the time, DeLa was my favourite but... subsequent... events have soured my opinion of her so I’d consider Bianca my favourite. :haha: Her track record is legendary. ❤️

I never got the Adore hype compared to everyone else.

• Like 1

Great post here Rei. :clap:

Ugh I did fear Courtney was the contestant that would be your unpopular opinion. A bummer but I get it. :( I love Courtney and she was my 2nd fave but yeah I also expected an even stronger run from her.

Milk is too high for me. 😛 I never got or didn’t like her style of drag lol.

Ooh what was Laganja’s involvement regarding SYTYCD? She was a contestant on there? 😮 But Laganja and Gia are a little low for me - but i understand your thoughts.

Everything else i agree with you on. Season 6 love! :wub:

• Like 1

Wow, Rei with the taste beside Courtney's ranking - really love that you also liked April ❤️ 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Ooh what was Laganja’s involvement regarding SYTYCD? She was a contestant on there? 😮

She auditioned in S15 as part of her drag persona.

He returned in S16 as his male self and made it partway through Vegas.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

She auditioned in S15 as part of her drag persona.

He returned in S16 as his male self and made it partway through Vegas.

no more laganga please.  

Rei, ranking TKB at #3 is major taste! Your top 3 is my exact top 3 as well. I think you have Laganja and Darienne too low though but no major complaints besides that.

• Like 1

Me to RuPaul when I realized TKB never showed up in AS5 despite the format:

519.png

Loving the high Bianca, Trinity and DeLa rankings Rei! ❤️ Can understand the lower Courtney one even if I have her higher.

Adore is too messy for a #2 ranking from me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

Loving the high Bianca, Trinity and DeLa rankings Rei! ❤️ Can understand the lower Courtney one even if I have her higher.

Animated gif about gif in 👑Born A Queen👑 by Oueen_of_History

IDK if this gif is offensive.  I can take it down if needed!

15 hours ago, Elliott said:

Bianca at #1 almost makes up for your S5 opinions. 😘 At the time, DeLa was my favourite but... subsequent... events have soured my opinion of her so I’d consider Bianca my favourite. :haha: Her track record is legendary. ❤️

I never got the Adore hype compared to everyone else.

We have the same favorite for once???

beyonce crying GIF

15 hours ago, Solaris said:

Bianca DeLa Adore ❤️ oh and Courtney ❤️

Hollands Next Top Model Work Bitch GIF by RTL

15 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Great post here Rei. :clap:

Ugh I did fear Courtney was the contestant that would be your unpopular opinion. A bummer but I get it. :( I love Courtney and she was my 2nd fave but yeah I also expected an even stronger run from her.

Milk is too high for me. 😛 I never got or didn’t like her style of drag lol.

Ooh what was Laganja’s involvement regarding SYTYCD? She was a contestant on there? 😮 But Laganja and Gia are a little low for me - but i understand your thoughts.

Everything else i agree with you on. Season 6 love! :wub:

Yeah for me it was pretty obvious that she was going to make it until the end because of her famous status so I just wished that she would have backed up with a great run and unfortunately I feel like that wasn't the case. 

I enjoy Milk even if I admit she didn't do anything too special

❤️

15 hours ago, *Chris said:

Wow, Rei with the taste beside Courtney's ranking - really love that you also liked April ❤️ 

April was pretty good.. I just wish she wasn't eliminated that early cause there was potential 💔

I was super surprised to see Courtney making it to the end in the Drag Race Rankdown and many people here love her but I guess I need one unpopular opinion every season :haha:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, #jeah said:

Rei, ranking TKB at #3 is major taste! Your top 3 is my exact top 3 as well. I think you have Laganja and Darienne too low though but no major complaints besides that.

Wow Taste ❤️

I loved Trinity :wub:

12 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

Bianca, Trinity and DeLa were pretty incredible :wub:

I agree Adore was messy but I guess part of that messiness is what made her run more compelling to me

On 8/14/2020 at 4:44 AM, .Rei said:

Wow Taste ❤️

I loved Trinity :wub:

I was a Trinity fan too! ❤️

47 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I was a Trinity fan too! ❤️

But you’re a fan of everyone? :unsure:

Well except for Monique, apparently.

On 8/14/2020 at 3:46 AM, .Rei said:

Bianca, Trinity and DeLa were pretty incredible :wub:

I agree Adore was messy but I guess part of that messiness is what made her run more compelling to me

Hp05.gif

alyssa.gif

After a bit of a hiatus, I'm gonna get back into watching this. :haha:  😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

But you’re a fan of everyone? :unsure:

Well except for Monique, apparently.

Not exactly true. :P 

LOL You stop. :dead:  I see Monique is in AS4 so I'm willing to give her another chance. :haha: 

19 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I see Monique is in AS4 so I'm willing to give her another chance. :haha: 

Without giving too much away I think you will find yourself enjoying her more this time around! I liked her well enough in S10 but wasn’t until AS4 that she became a main fave of mine :haha:

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Without giving too much away I think you will find yourself enjoying her more this time around! I liked her well enough in S10 but wasn’t until AS4 that she became a main fave of mine :haha:

I didn't remember her from her first season, she was a non-entity.  I only remember her for AS4

LOL Why on earth is Farrah Moan of all people on an All-Stars season? :? :dead:  Gosh they can pick that one most randomiest and foddery type contestants on All-Stars. :lmao: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

LOL Why on earth is Farrah Moan of all people on an All-Stars season? :? :dead:  Gosh they can pick that one most randomiest and foddery type contestants on All-Stars. :lmao: 

beats me.