Elliott

RuPaul’s Drag Race - General Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, .Rei said:

me having not idea what this means cause I'm still like 40 seasons behind

oops, I forgot. :dead:

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Elliott said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They clearly didn't cast Peppermint because they knew the winner would be spoiled from the Ru-Veal. :giggle: Though if that cast is real, Condragulations Asia.

Sonique would probably be my early favourite and I think her winning would be a nice touch for a show that's struggled so much with trans contestants - especially considering she was the first contestant that was affected by the rules regarding gender reassignment on the show.

Yuck. The first name on that list sounds like the obvious winner and I like another name on that list well enough as well but that’s a meh cast. I also agree the point mentioned on the S12 queens. Looks like it’s too soon for them, and Heidi isn’t even on there. :( 

Edited by ~Tom~

1 minute ago, ~Tom~ said:

and Heidi isn’t even on there. :( 

Heidi said on an Instagram Live a few weeks back that she'd love to do All Stars, but wants to be able to tour and build up her finances first so she can turn out some legendary looks when she does return.

I don't doubt it'll be like Shea where she's asked every year until she says yes. :haha:

12 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Hide contents

The only thing that's weird for me about the S12 queens is that... they haven't really been able to do anything since their season because of the Coronavirus. I guess Jan and Gigi make the most sense since they have the means to have new looks made for All Stars compared to some of the others, but I still think they'd have fared better waiting for AS7.

Yeah, it feels way too soon for it. Definitely goes against the idea of the early All-Stars seasons where it felt like the queens coming back had all been able to develop experience outside of Drag Race and grow. I guess now we get an All-Stars every year, that's becoming less and less the norm.

:haha: I feel like Jan has the talent for All-Stars and the storyline, that I could see her having a run like Monique's.

Gigi on the other hand confuses me a little and I'm surprised to see there's a chance she's on. I feel like she came out of the show with a pretty strong fanbase and the ability to be marketable, so wouldn't need to do All-Stars just yet. But on top of that, her downfall IMO was that she still felt way too young, and some of her social media moments came across as ignorant. I feel like she could do well, but she needs a couple years to grow before she can come back strong.

I just checked the Drag Race Rankdown and some of the comments in here, and yes, I have another unpopular opinion coming with my S6 rankings 🙂

4 minutes ago, .Rei said:

I just checked the Drag Race Rankdown and some of the comments in here, and yes, I have another unpopular opinion coming with my S6 rankings 🙂

Oh no. :( 

5 minutes ago, .Rei said:

If you’re not a Bianca fan, stop watching.

• Haha 1

Just now, Elliott said:

Sipping Kermit The Frog GIF

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

tamela mann church GIF by TV One

Can someone kindly tell me why did they shot two crowning moments in the S6 finale?

7 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Can someone kindly tell me why did they shot two crowning moments in the S6 finale?

They actually shot four - one for each of the finalists and a double crowning for Bianca/Adore because Ru wanted to be shady to Courtney. They also shot all four possible outcomes at the F4 vote.

Raja’s win was spoiled before S3 had even begun airing, so they now film all possible outcomes to try and minimize the amount of spoilers.

22 minutes ago, Elliott said:

They actually shot four - one for each of the finalists and a double crowning for Bianca/Adore because Ru wanted to be shady to Courtney. They also shot all four possible outcomes at the F4 vote.

Raja’s win was spoiled before S3 had even begun airing, so they now film all possible outcomes to try and minimize the amount of spoilers.

oh I didn't know that... did they do the same for S4??? if so, they should release the other outcome and give the title to Chad Michaels :wub:

19 minutes ago, .Rei said:

oh I didn't know that... did they do the same for S4??? if so, they should release the other outcome and give the title to Chad Michaels :wub:

Yeah, they filmed them in alphabetical order. A lot of the reactions to Sharon’s winning were from Chad’s taping because the audience assumed Chad was the winner since they didn’t know it was being filmed three times.

When they did Phi Phi’s, the crown fell off her head and they didn’t retape it, so Phi Phi knew she wasn’t winning since the footage they had wasn’t usable. :haha:

wow went back to see Wally's season 10 rankings. that was certainly... the twist of the century

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

wow went back to see Wally's season 10 rankings. that was certainly... the twist of the century

tenor.gif?itemid=17484330&f=1&nofb=1

T*drick continues to suck, news at five.

Chi Chi posted that she’s battling pneumonia. :(

• Sad 2

AS6 cast (and alternates, I'm assuming) are scheduled to start quarantining on August 24, for a filming start date of September 7. So we'll probably now around then the official cast based off social media disappearances.

On 8/10/2020 at 1:39 PM, .Rei said:

Curious on this. 😮 

On 8/10/2020 at 1:45 PM, Elliott said:

:dead: 

On 8/11/2020 at 7:25 PM, Elliott said:

Chi Chi posted that she’s battling pneumonia. :(

Sadness. :( Wishing her all the best to pull through from that. :( 

On 8/10/2020 at 3:22 PM, FrogLenzen said:

giphy.gif

You can't get over my flawless rankings? :wub: 

24 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

giphy.gif

All-Star 4?

37 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

For the record, I thought Eureka crushed most of Season 10 even if I wasn't a big fan.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Solaris said:

All-Star 4?

Haven't started it yet. I'll try to start it on Sunday? Still focusing and working on my X Factor write-ups and then Rihanna songs write-ups.

13 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

For the record, I thought Eureka crushed most of Season 10 even if I wasn't a big fan.

:wub:   

Yeah I wouldn't really call Eureka a super all-time favorite but still love what she brought to the season.