RuPaul’s Drag Race - General Discussion Thread

Elliott

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Now you know why I said a lot of us soured on DeLa after the finale. :ph34rwave:

YEAHHH. I get it now. Now I got to see how this factor in with my ranking+commentary of her. :shiver: 

Just now, *Wallace said:

It says it all doesn't it? :haha: 

It's perfectly fitting. :broken: 

LOL you did. :dead:  😢 

I knew Shangela wasn't going to win from all of what I read when I didn't really  know her - but I didn't know it would be like this. Ugh. :broken: 

Shangela and DeLa losing, when they should have been top 2 :( 

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

Shangela and DeLa losing, when they should have been top 2 :( 

Those were the two I felt would have been proper winners for the season (and was gonna allude to that in here without saying).... so of course that doesn't happen. :closedeyes: 

Just now, Solaris said:

Anything that isn't winning is losing.  #factsarefacts

Except DeLa wasn’t eliminated by the other queens when she had a chance at winning. She quit, thereby negating her chance at having a shot at the crown? When I think of people who “lost out on the crown,” I don’t factor her in like I do with Bebe/Shangela/etc. because she wasn’t properly eliminated.

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Except DeLa wasn’t eliminated by the other queens when she had a chance at winning. She quit, thereby negating her chance at having a shot at the crown? When I think of people who “lost out on the crown,” I don’t factor her in like I do with Bebe/Shangela/etc. because she wasn’t properly eliminated.

I stand by her dominance, and the fact that should have been Top 2, and outside of Shangela was the only person worthy of the crown that season.

Just now, Solaris said:

I stand by her dominance, and the fact that should have been Top 2, and outside of Shangela was the only person worthy of the crown that season.

I didn’t say I disagreed with any of this? :unsure: I just don’t consider someone who voluntarily left as someone who “lost” in the traditional sense of the word is all. :haha:

And voting for Kennedy and Trixie in the finale just made her seem like a huge hypocrite compared to what she had been preaching the entire season.

• Like 1

I dont like that she voted for Kennedy,  especially since she said her video that she would have voted Kennedy out if she didn't vote herself out.  But I also dont like that everyone voted for Kennedy.  

• Like 1

Just now, *Chris said:

Time to deal with someone else that’s bitter that Trixie won. 

I'm not bitter.  Trixie is a comfortable third after Shangela and Dela.  Defo worthy of the win of the Top 2 and Top 4 (sans Shangela)

Ooh I need to remember to catch up with S9 thoughts before I read and comment on AS3 too :haha: But yay excited!

I can say this now too but Shangela’s run on AS3 made her my all-time #1. So I’m of course excited for your comments on her! :wub:

53 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Time to deal with someone else that’s bitter that Trixie won. :giggle:

Is this referring to me? I haven't said or gave away I was bitter on Trixie's win. :giggle:  

24 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Ooh I need to remember to catch up with S9 thoughts before I read and comment on AS3 too :haha: But yay excited!

I can say this now too but Shangela’s run on AS3 made her my all-time #1. So I’m of course excited for your comments on her! :wub:

I'm working on my AS3 thoughts and hope to have them posted tonight. I'm struggling on rankings more than ever. :haha:  

Oooh ahhh nicee! 😄  I totally get this with your comment on Shangela's run and can see how she became your #1. Ooh I may have a lot to say on her run and want to give it justice. Hope I can do so. :haha: 

23 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I have lots to catch on regarding Wally's thoughts :haha:

Yayyy I can't wait to see your thoughts on my thoughts!

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Is this referring to me? I haven't said or gave away I was bitter on Trixie's win. :giggle:  

I'm working on my AS3 thoughts and hope to have them posted tonight. I'm struggling on rankings more than ever. :haha:  

Oooh ahhh nicee! 😄  I totally get this with your comment on Shangela's run and can see how she became your #1. Ooh I may have a lot to say on her run and want to give it justice. Hope I can do so. :haha: 

Yayyy I can't wait to see your thoughts on my thoughts!

The general consensus is that people are bitter that Shangela didn’t win and a lot of people feelings towards Trixie is affected by it. 

In general, I’m used to being in the majority of being a fan of Trixie so I’m getting used to being in the minority here when it comes to Trixie :haha:

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

Time to deal with someone else that’s bitter that Trixie won. :giggle:

I mean Trixie is a far better winner than Kennedy would've been.

But I preferred Shangela and BeBe in that Top 4.

Edited by Elliott

43 minutes ago, *Chris said:

The general consensus is that people are bitter that Shangela didn’t win and a lot of people feelings towards Trixie is affected by it. 

In general, I’m used to being in the majority of being a fan of Trixie so I’m getting used to being in the minority here when it comes to Trixie :haha:

Oooh ahhhh ok I understand this. Yeah I can see how that can affect Trixie in the process.

16 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I mean Trixie is a far better winner than Kennedy would've been.

But I preferred Shangela and BeBe in that Top 4.

"F**k my drag, right?" - Kennedy.

:giggle:  

ALL STARS SEASON 3 THOUGHTS

Aja: Whoa the biggest and most pleasant surprise of this season for me was Aja. I did not like or care for her at all on Season 9 - and was shocked by her casting. I viewed her as fodder. And honestly, I wasn’t looking forward to her on this. But Aja definitely won me over this season. She killed it with her Vogue dancing act and jumping from that podium on the Talent show - which was definitely her highlight for me. She did well and gave a good impression of Amy Winehouse on the Drag Divas Live episode. She did well with her Crystal character on Snatch Game (someone i didn’t know). She also had much better runway looks. Sadly Aja did come off as rather confused, with the tasks she was given - such as not knowing what needy meant on The B *tchelor episode and then she was all a confused mess on the Pop Art Ball episode. :dead: I felt so bad for her on that episode. :( But AAja being in the Bottom 2 against Shangela, of course Aja had to go. But I am glad she was apart of this season as she showed a lot of growth as a competitor. She was much more likable personality-wise too.  I was rooting for her to come back of the eliminated Queens although I was fine with them all being eliminated so I was disappointed for her not returning. So yay I actually like her now.

Bebe Zahara Benet: I was wondering if a winner was ever on these All-Stars seasons and I guess I got my answer now. Wow it feels like so long ago (even with my watching the seasons altogether) since I’ve seen Bebe. I thought I would never see her again as a competitor. dead: I enjoyed Bebe once again on here and thought she brought a high class and level of professionalism to the show. I DID crack up on Shangela calling her out for being bougee on one episode because she comes off like that but that’s part of her charm. :haha: I thought she did well on this season but I didn’t love her as much as judges did. Her African song/dance was fun to watch from the Talent show and she did really well channeling Diana Ross on the Drag Divas Live! episode. She did well but was quite middle of the road for me as the Shy Virgin on The B*tchelor and Grace Jones on Snatch Game episodes. I felt she was getting inca overshadowed with the newer themes/format and younger Queens more used to these challenges so it took some time for hr to hit her stride. She did do really well with the Pop Art Ball outfit design outfits challenge and speaking of,  she did bring some really elegant and high class runway looks which was great to see - and did always look like a winner. I loved her crazy and fun energy as Jungle Kitty on the Handmaids to Kity Girls episode, even though I’m not sure she was Top 2 for me but she still did really well. OMGG all of the drama she caused with being in the Top 2 and not winning but not revealing who she would have eliminated or brought back in the game was hilarious. :dead: And low-key annoying because i want to know these answers so bad and am sure the fans want to know this as well. :haha: Her Queen portrayal on the My Best Squirrelfriend’s Dragsmaid Wedding Trip movie episode was fine and accurate but not a standout.  She was a hilarious disaster in that partnering dance section at the end of the  Kitty Girl finale performance…. omgg even Todrick was mad at her. :dead: But yeah I was fine with her making the finale as she was consistency but she wasn’t outstanding.

BenDeLaCreme: I really liked BenDeLaCreme on her original season of Season 6 but she was overshadowed by the Top 3. However on AS3, I thought she absolutely slayed and was an absolute star this season. She won 5 out of 6 challenges - ICONIC and unheard of. :omg: I thought she had a lot of outstanding moments. Her comedy burlesque act at the Talent show was fun and hilarious  (although that wasn’t Top 2 worthy of the week for me) - as was her “Anaconda” lip sync. SHE HAD ME IN STITCHES of laughter with her hip-hop flavored Julie Andrews….. never though I would see that in my life. :dead: That was amazing. BenDeLaCreme was hilarious as the Cougar on the B*tchelor episode. She was also hilarious as Paul Lynde from Snatch Game. I love how she takes on these people i don’t know but still makes them stand out over celebs I do know. I guess the Pop Art Ball was her ~worst moment and this seemed to be the start of her meltdown which was sad. I thought she still did well with her outfits. I felt for her with the whole Morgan confrontation and not wanting to deal with that - and how that threw her off her game that day. Ugh. But she brought it as Goth Kitty and nailed that character as always. I was disappointed she brought Morgan back but whatever. I know people felt she was playing a game and wayy too concerned about her image and what others would think of her. I can get all of that - but I’d like to think she’s genuine about that. I feel I could be like that on a real personal note but don’t play it as a game - but I could relate to not wanting to upset others/pleasing everyone/hoping everyone likes me/avoiding confrontation and all of the qualities DeLa has. I could be proven wrong with how she is outside of the show. It could be gameplay…. I don’t know. But omgg the most shocking moment ever BenDeLaCreme was sending herself home. I COULD NOT believe it. I was just really sad and disappointed as I felt she really deserved to win and should have eliminated Kennedy.  Ugh disappointing ending but glad she accomplished all she wanted and more. HOWEVER with the jury finale vote, she preached of wanting to see the strongest Queens in the end and talked all this jazz about statistics with how the weakest should go and she admitted to that being Kennedy. Yet she votes Kennedy over Shangela for the finale? :wacko: Makes no sense so maybe she is playing a game. And that I do not relate to. Regardless  I did love her as a competitor so I will focus on that.

Chi Chi DeVayne: Aww I felt bad for Chi Chi this season as this season just did not go her way at all. :( The thing is seen though Chi Chi had a weaker run here, she was still charming, likable and I wanted to see her do well. Her talent show act was the weakest of the talent show. On an objective level Ido think she should have gone but glad she didn’t. She had her best moment on Drag Divas Live episode where she played Patti LaBelle. I don’t think she should have been in the Bottom 3 that episode. She did struggle standing out against Shangela on The B*tchelor episode. Then her Maya Angelou impersonation was embarrassingly bad and eeks worthy. I also felt that she should have gone over Milk on Week 3 but didn’t mind her staying. But yeah her time was definitely up on Episode 4. I’m so glad this didn’t turn out like a Roxxxy situation She had a great positive attitude about her elimination which I did appreciate but she saw it coming. I still really like Chi Chi as a whole but wish she had a better run. :(

Kennedy Davenport: Kennedy was kind of a hit-or-miss this season although she was more hits than misses. I felt she was the Queen that benefitted the most from all the twists - ala BenDeLaCreme’s quit  and the Eliminated Queens votes. No way did I think she should have been on the Final 2 over Shangela and Bebe when Kennedy had the most inconsistent run but oh well. With that said,  I did enjoy her even more on this season than Season 7. I felt she was a lot less b-wordy and hollier than thou. She was still opinionated but I didn’t think she was mean like how she would come across in S7. I really liked her dance performance on the Talent show. I liked her Janet Jackson Drag Divas Live! performance more than the judges,  although I can get how it lacked the Janet feel and came off more Kennedy-esque. However my favorite moment from Kennedy was her performance of the Party Girl from The B*tchelor episode. OMGG she was so hilarious there. :dead: I was looking forward to her Phaedra Parks on Snatch Game (having slayed it as Little Richard) as she really looked like her but she was a big letdown this time around. Then I did really lie her Disco look. She was good on the Girl Groups performance with how she performed and danced but others stood out more to me. Then she didn’t do much for me on the My Best Squirrelfriend’s Dragsmaid Wedding Trip movie episode. She did bring a great performance level and killer dancing on the Kitty Girl performance. She’s just so entertaining to watch as a performer. She did have some glamorous and gorgeous runway looks and like Bebe would often bring a lot of class to the runway. I also really liked her friendship and bond with Chi Chi and how they had this mother/daughter like relationship. So I did really enjoy Kennedy but she wasn’t really Top 2 worthy for me.

Milk: And the delusional Queen of the season goes to…. :giggle: Hmm I feel I did like Milk more this time around despite still not really being a fan. I liked that she had a more feminine style of drag and wasn’t too out there this time around. As a competitor,  she was alright but came across a lot more delusional and thinking she was better than what she was. I did not like her original song/performance from the All-Star talent show and was surprised she didn’t land in the Bottom 3 after that. She did well on the Drag Divas Live episode as Celine Dion - but her rant of how she should have won or been in the Top 3 was annoying. As well as The B*tchelor acting challenge where she thought she was better than what she was. She was overtalking and hogging the spotlight from Trixie - and came off terrifying. She was just so delusional - that it was funny and annoying at the same time. Also with the Milk vs. Shangela rivalry, of course I was always #TeamShangela all day every day so Milk would annoy me in their rival moments. I was surprised with Kennedy eliminating Milk and I didn’t necessarily agree based on an overall standing of things but she was my least fave of that Bottom 3 (with Aja & Chi Chi) so I was fine with that.

Morgan McMichaels: Morgan was a very interesting and unexpected All-Stars casting. I do like seeing older season Queens in these all-stars seasons but I was never a fan of hers back then. And I am still not really a fan now. It was risky how she said she would eliminated the strongest competitor of the Bottom 2rather than the weakest performer which came off Survivor/Big Brother-esque. That worked against her as she left. I do agree that Chi Chi’s performance was worse but I didn’t like Morgan so I was fine with her going. I was not pleased about her coming back into the competition via BenDeLaCreme’s vote even though she did well on the Girl Groups challenge. But then I thought she bombed badly on the episode. She didn’t impress me with her big chance to comeback but at least she seemed thankful and nicer this time around. She was rightfully eliminated by Shangela so this was a big waste of a comeback.

Shangela: HALLELOO! 😘 I was a big of Shangela’s from Season 3 so of course i was glad to see her on AS3. It was great seeing how much success and how hard Shangela worked since her time onS2/S3 and really grew on her drag experience. I thought she was an absolute star on this season and every episode except one. As always I found Shangela to be naturally and absolutely hilarious in her soundbites and amongst the other Queens. Her Game of Thrones references and strategy talk and calling people out on that was sooo hilarious and always had me cracking up. :lmao: Like all of her calling out on Bebe, BenDeLaCreme, Milk and others were all so funny but never done in a rude b-wordy way which is what I always love about Shangela. As far as the challenges - I thought she delivered strongly on them. I really loved her opening song/dance routine from the Talent show and thought that was Top 2 worthy. She did a great job as Mariah Carey on the Drag Divas Live! episode. I thought she was funny on the Polyamorious Duo role on The B*tchelor but I guess Chi Chi brought her down - but Shangelia was funny for the both of them. OMGG her Jenifer Lewis on Snatch Game was freaking hilarious and SO spot on!! :dead: Absolutely loved that! :haha: Let’s not talk about the Pop Art Ball challenge - sewing is not her thing at all. I was happy to hear she took sewing classes and I thought she really improve there but…. not so much.  At least she tried. :haha: I thought she did well and deserved more credit on the Girl Groups episode but I get that it wasn’t her strongest moment either. She was a great standout as Actavia on the My Best Squirrelfriend’s Dragsmaid Wedding Trip movie episode. :haha: And lastly she KILLED it on the Kitty Girl performance. She was giving serious pop star vibes! :omg: So Shangela won 3 challenges and looking back not only that but won all of her lip sync battles too. I agreed with all of her decisions and felt she made fair and right decisions while building up her strategy game amongst the Queens she did save. But wow…. the eliminated Queens jury twist was absolutely SO wrong and they id Shangela SO dirty it was disgusting. :/ How does Shangela win the most challenges of the four Queens but get the least amount of votes to make the final 2 (and less votes tun Bebe’s whose campaign the Queens all hated and felt was too pageantry). And all because she’s ~a huge success out of the show and doesn’t need this win~ even though she 100% earned it. Disgusting how robbed she was and my heart broke for her when she got eliminated. Shangela is hilarious and such a breath of fresh air. She deserved the win and was iconic from start to finish. And that’s that on that.

Thorgy Thor: Hmm Thorgy was pretty much similar from Season 8 but except not as strong of a contender this time and worse this time around. She did well on the talent show episode with her violin playing so that was good. But my thing about Thorgy is that I feel she focuses too much on her competitors, compares herself to them and then gets in her head about it all. I feel like Thorgy is her own worst enemy on this show - and that keeps her from being a frontrunner. She greatly annoyed me o the Divas Live episode with her complaints about having Stevie Nicks and her role compared to the other divas which I do get - but she could have owned it and made the best of it but she was meh. She annoyed me with the excuses again and blah… I was nervous Shangela was going to keep her with the alliance talk but glad she didn’t. Plus her goodbye message to the Queens was messed up. However she absolutely shocked and surprised me by being the only Queen to rightfully vote for Shangela on the finale so props for that.

Trixie Mattel: I will give Trixie  the honor for the biggest growth on this season. I wasn’t too big on her on Season 7 and felt she was underwhelming there. It was nice learning how successful she became after her time on the show but I did feel bad with how she was in her head and was afraid of the competition on the earlier weeks. I did like seeing this sense of vulnerability and unsureness from Trixie as it made me want to root for her to succeed. But yeah her earlier weeks were fine but not anything outstanding. She did well with her country folk song on the talent show but that wasn’t really my thing. She did well as Dolly Parton on the Drag Divas Live! and as the Fake B*tch on the B*tchelor episodes but she wasn’t a standout. But her RuPaul impersonation on Snatch Game was a disappointing moment and her worst moment. That was sad. Luckily she stepped it up and delivered on the PopArt Ball episodes and her portrayal of  I.Q. Kitty on the Girl Groups episode and was stepping up more and more towards the second half of the season. I thought she was really hilarious and delivered so strongly on the My Best Squirrelfriend’s Dragsmaid Wedding Trip movie episode as Sharon Frockovich. :haha: I think that was my favorite moment from her. She did well on the finale episode with the Kitty Girl performance and brought some creative and unique looks to the runway. Sadly I was OVER IT on the last 5 minutes of the episode. I didn’t have a strong preference of who I wanted to win between Trixie or Kennedy - but I guess Trixie showed more growth. Not really an All-Stars type winner for me but I enjoyed her more this time.

Rankings:

1. Shangela
  2. BenDeLaCreme
  3. Bebe Zahara Benet
  4. Trixie Mattel
  5. Kennedy Davenport
  6. Aja
  7. Chi Chi DeVayne
  8. Thorgy Thor
  9. Milk
  10. Morgan McMichaels

The Top 2 were my main favorites. Even with DeLa’s disappointment at the end…. I can’t put her any lower. Liked 3-5 and are really tricky to rank and were interchangeable. Still not confident of those being my rankings but I’ll leave it at this for now. Also liked 6-7. Wasn’t a fan of 8-10.

Bebe would've eliminated Trixie and chose to bring back Morgan. @*Wallace She didn't reveal it on the show because she knew Trixie stans would attack her 🙄 But it's an open secret because Trixie, Aja and Morgan have all said it at various points. :haha: 

Ugh, AS3. 

A small part of me wants to give Kennedy a little bit of credit for the jury vote thing. The challenge was to sell yourself, and she used her pageant skills to throw together a sympathetic speech and advocate for herself, and it was obviously persuasive. I do not think she would have had nearly the same amount of votes had she not aced her presentation to the other queens. 

But let's be real. The vote was not 100% based on the speeches given and it was almost 0% based on the actual performances throughout the season. Shangela being eliminated that way is probably the #1 worst result in the history of the show for me.

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

Perfect Top 2.  Kennedy too high.  

:dead: @ the Kennedy comment. She's hit or miss but I still like her. :haha: 

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Bebe would've eliminated Trixie and chose to bring back Morgan. @*Wallace She didn't reveal it on the show because she knew Trixie stans would attack her 🙄 But it's an open secret because Trixie, Aja and Morgan have all said it at various points. :haha: 

Thank you for this! Thank goodness it wasn't Shangela. Ooh ugh at this at the Trixie stans. So messed up. But so interesting. Ew that she would have brought Morgan back too. I don't get it lol.