RuPaul’s Drag Race - General Discussion Thread

Elliott

On 7/2/2020 at 9:44 PM, *Lily said:

Season 6 is my favorite! So many great queens and like you mentioned, a lot of queens who have gone on to do great things :wub:

It could be for me too.  😮 Especially seeing how there was a 90s rap battle episode that featured Eve & Trina! :spaz:  :wub: 

4 hours ago, Solaris said:

Drag race pop aesthete jinkx monsoon GIF - Find on GIFER

Lmaoo I loved this. :lmao: Jinkx love! 😄 

23 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

It could be for me too.  😮 Especially seeing how there was a 90s rap battle episode that featured Eve & Trina! :spaz:  :wub: 

Yesssss! :wub: And Trinity's lip-sync in that episode is one of my favorites ❤️ 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Yesssss! :wub: And Trinity's lip-sync in that episode is one of my favorites ❤️ 

Sameee to all of this! Trinity really looked and performed like a rap star from that era. 😮 A shame she couldn't bring it to the actual video challenge (as again she had the perfect look there).

Finally reacting to Wally's S5 thoughts!

• Hiiiiiieeeeee is one of Alaska's trademark. It's interesting you thought she had a rough start as I always felt that she was a front runner.
  • Alyssa is legend, especially in the roasting episode :haha:
  • I agree about Coco being hit or miss. I love her lip syncs but she never did anything that made her standout beside the roast episode.
  • I like Detox but I have some similar thoughts as you.
  • Honey Mahogany wasn't it on the show, but now she's a legend in politics
  • Ivyyyyy Winterssss; one of my favourite who continually delivered great runway looks.
  • Jade is not one that I care for.
  • Jinkxx is iconic and my favourite of the season ❤️ 
  • Lineysha was good - she started too strong and one week that shes terrible, she suffers from it.
  • Interesting thoughts on Roxxxxy - I do think you put it perfectly when it comes to Roxxxy but far from being in my Top 2.
  • Serena ChaCha ain't it. Bye felicia!

5 hours ago, Elliott said:

Like: The entire cast.

LOL I can tell yoou that is not the case. :dead: 

5 hours ago, *Chris said:

Finally reacting to Wally's S5 thoughts!

• Hiiiiiieeeeee is one of Alaska's trademark. It's interesting you thought she had a rough start as I always felt that she was a front runner.
  • Alyssa is legend, especially in the roasting episode :haha:
  • I agree about Coco being hit or miss. I love her lip syncs but she never did anything that made her standout beside the roast episode.
  • I like Detox but I have some similar thoughts as you.
  • Honey Mahogany wasn't it on the show, but now she's a legend in politics
  • Ivyyyyy Winterssss; one of my favourite who continually delivered great runway looks.
  • Jade is not one that I care for.
  • Jinkxx is iconic and my favourite of the season ❤️ 
  • Lineysha was good - she started too strong and one week that shes terrible, she suffers from it.
  • Interesting thoughts on Roxxxxy - I do think you put it perfectly when it comes to Roxxxy but far from being in my Top 2.
  • Serena ChaCha ain't it. Bye felicia!

Yayy Chris! Excited to see your thoughts here. 😄 

- LOL yeah... that trademark would either crack me up or annoy me. :lmao: Oh really? There was the whole storyline of Alaska being in Sharon's background and I didn't feel she was bringing it.

- Oooh Alyssa. 🤣 But I really enjoyed her.

- Completeley agree on everything on Coco. If Coco brought more of that fire from the lip syncs to the actual challenges I am sure I would have liked her more.

- yayy more agreement!

- Ooh this is good  to know about Honey regarding politics. I know pretty much nothing about these contestants outside of their show runs but it's fun learning stuff.

- Yess Ivy definitely had really strong runway looks. :yes:  

- Lol yikes i kinda forgot about Jade already but then I remembered. But same. :haha: 

- Yayy Jinkx love! ❤️ Glad to see Jinkx has a lot of fans and that Elliott is in the minority once again. :wub: 

- Ugh yeah this on Lineysha. I wish she had a better run as I could have liked her even more. :( 

- Glad you get me on Roxxxy despite her not being in your Top 2. She's a tricky one so I get it but I did mostly really like her. I do think Alyssa would have been higher than Roxxxy had she been more consistent.

- Lol this is accurate on Serena. :haha: 

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Wally does not like Milk or Magnolia or Kelly Mantle or Gia. 

He will have conflicted feelings on Darienne & Laganza. 

He loves the F3. 

😮 :shiftywave:

I will post my thoughts shortly.

Season 6 Thoughts

Adore Delano: Wow Adore certainly had a rocky up and down journey throughout the competition. I came into this season very biased towards Adore as I know and seen her on various shows and other things…. but I’m wondering how the heck she avoided the Bottom 2 those first 2 weeks with her performances in the challenges? She was quite bad those weeks but luckily her charm and personality did help her. In fact i loved Adore’s personality, sass and snark - even if she is quite the pouty mouth. :giggle: She was definitely the least polished and quite messy compared to the other finalists but that’s part of her charm and makes you want to root for her - because you’ll never know if she’ll be good or not. But Adore did have some great moments such as the Broadway challenge, her Anna Nicole from Snatch Game, the rap video challenge and Teen Mean Girls make-up ad challenge were all great moments from her. Then she had some low moments landing in the Bottom 2 two weeks in row worried me but she brought it on her lip sync battles. Then the biggest shocker of the season….. her winning the 3 piece Glitterball sewing challenge had me SHOOK. :dead: Did not see that coming as she has no sewing experience. Regaring her runway looks,  they were kind of hit or miss to me. And some of her walks were intense/scary and I didn’t like them. :lmao: So yeah Adore was certainly rough around the edges but was so entertaining and rootable to watch.

April Carrión: April was probably shockingly or unshockingly the first Puerto Rican Queen I didn’t strongly root for at the start of the season. I wasn’t against her as I did enjoy her/didn’t mind her throughout her time on the show. April just wasn’t a big standout although she did deliver on both of her lip sync battles especially the Selena Gomez song where she was looking like her. :haha: I wouldn’t mind seeing April on a future season.

BenDeLaCreme: BenDeLaCreme is another one of those Queens (like Adore) that has had such an up and down roller coaster of this competition. She started off strong winning two competitions early on - including the Snatch Game with her Downton Abbey Maggie Smith impression which was really great and funny (even though I felt Bianca should have won that). But then BenDeLaCreme also had some bad and weak moments in the competition - namely the Drag Queens of Comedy week was just tragic and badd for her. I was shocked she didn’t land in the Bottom 2 there. I did like her positive energy. There was also this rivalry between her and Darienne but I felt Darienne was always so rude towards her so I was always on #Team BenDeLaCreme’s there. But yeah I felt BenDeLaCreme had a fun quirky personality and I liked her for most of the season. I think there was one point I was kinda over her but it was short-lived. I was kinda surprised she left when she did but glad she didn’t leave earlier when I thought she was going to be a shock boot. Ooh and BenDeLa’s look reminded me so much of Michelle Visage at times, it was trippy. :lmao: I also had a feeling (if none of the Top 3 are eligible) that she would win Miss Congeniality.

Bianca Del Rio: I heard of Bianca but didn’t know what to expect but whoa I thought she slayed this season and was really good to amazing in nearly everything thrown at her. :omg: She had great runway looks and beautiful dresses. I get that she may have lacked versatility in looks but it didn’t bother me as her runway looks were so strong. But my favorite thing about Bianca is her personality and humor….. OMG Bianca had me cracking up multiple times each episode. :dead: She had a lot of b-wordy and shady comments but never came off as rude or disrespectful but always came off as hilarious. She had the funniest zingers too. :haha: But deep down she did have a heart and loved how helpful she was towards other Queens especially Adore and Trinity. Loved that she had moments of vulnerability at times. I also really love Bianca in any and all acting challenges and challenges that requird you to be funny. Her Judge Judy Snatch Game was amazing (and I personally thought she should have won that) and she slayed the Drag Queens of Comedy challenge. I remember thinking she should have won maybe 2 other challenges that she didn’t win as well. Objectively speaking I would say she was the strongest one this season so I agreed and was glad that she won it.

Courtney Act: Coming into this season,  Courtney Act is like THE ultimate Drag Queen I’ve known the most about (outside of RuPaul). I loved Courtney on Celebrity Big Brother UK and Dancing with the Stars Australia, so I was expecting to love her on here and yes I do. She had really strong and amazing runway looks. I would say her looks were my favorites and she edges Bianca out to due her versatility there. Courtney was very polished and such a seasoned drag queen. She did mostly well on everything thrown at her but sometimes she would come off as too polished & perfect and I could get how she lacked the humility and vulnerability that the judges brought up. Oh she was EPIC on the RuPaul musical challenge episode. Her voice was WOW such a showstopper there. :omg: She was great in dancing/performance based challenges. But her acting+comedic challenges were a mixed bag. Sometimes she was good and other times she was just above average. I just had very high expectations for her to completely slay everything but that wasn’t the case. I do love Courtney’s personality (from the past) and on this show, but I didn’t like the b-wordy and snarkyy side of her. I felt she lacked that kind of charm that Adore & Banca has when making those comments and would come off judgmental and thinking she was better than others - like her treatment of Joslyn was kinda cruel at times. But from the reunion show she didn’t know she came off like that so I can forgive her (not that she needs my approval lol). Outside of that, Courtney was a strong competitor and still loved her on this show.

Darienne Lake: Outside of the acting challenges and the challenges that required to the contestants to be funny, Darienne was just there. As I mentioned, I definitely enjoyed Darienne in challenges where she had to be funny such as her playing the head in the Scream Queens episode (SO hilarious) and the last part of the RuPaul music video/acting challenge. But even then for the most part I felt she was almost overshadowed by Bianca. In other challenges she was usually mid-pack,  near or in the Bottom and just didn’t standout too much. I didn’t like her treatment towards BenDeLaCreme and felt she was cruel towards BenDeLaCreme and usually for no reason. She landed in the Bottom 2 on her first week on Week 2 and with that early B2 trip I didn’t expect her to last as long as she did - so well done to Darienne lasting so long. But she had some good lip syncs even though I would have eliminated her over BenDaLaCreme. I’m glad she made up with BenDeLaCreme in the reunion show and they patched things up. And the video message Darienne got from their parents was so sweet and touching.

Gia Gunn: Gia was someone i would always see a lot of gifs on here so I expected her to be a lot better and last a lot longer than she did. I did think she was quite shady snarky and hilarious with her commentary and soundbites on the show. And the kinda bored/lazy act with her voice kinda cracked me up. Sadly the acting and singing challenges weren’t her thing so she never really stood out too much in those challenges. Her Kim Kardashian on Snatch Game was  quite boring and disappointing and I felt she could have done a lot better there. Lol her monotone “absolutely” and “What’s a Tony?” were hilarious.

Joslyn Fox: I liked Joslyn well enough throughout the season. Although Joslyn did seem kind of like a mixed bag kind of contestant. Actually I think I liked Joslyn more at the start of the season and I would lose a bit of interest in her as the season went on. I did like Joslyn’s fandom and stanning for Courtney and excitement of working with her but it was a shame with how Courtney would treat her as lesser than and made Joslyn feel bad and not equal to her. Ooh I also remember Joslyn as often wearing those revealing bikini outfits with lots of accessories and the judges got tired of her doing that look. Ooh she had that uncomfortable interview with Chaz Bono and Georgia Holt which was sooo awkward and i was shocked she didn’t B2 after that. She did seem like a middling type contestant and barely stood out from the pack. Lol her “wamp wamp” boob grab signature move was hilarious.

Kelly Mantle: First boot. Kelly said she was the actor of many shows and wasn’t going to mention it all the time like Willam. :haha: I don’t rememberer too well overall - just remembered she didn’t do good on the photoshoot, had a bad Downton Abbey inspired look and underwhelming lip sync battle. Ooh she was a contestant with 17 years of drag experience which is disappointing for her to be the first boot. Even with the half cast premiere she didn’t stand out to me so i was fine with her going first.

Laganja Estranja: Laganja was cool and fine overall speaking. I don’t know exactly how to describe my feelings because there were times I really liked Laganja and then there were times I didn’t care for her. I guess I never had strong feelings one way or another. When she would do bad in challenges she would beat herself up and be so down and negative on herself - like the two weeks (Rachel Zoe on Snatch Game + Drag Queens of Comedy) she landed in the Bottom 2. That was tough to see. :( Ooh her comedy act where she had this put on ~ghetto act~ bothered and annoyed me as it came off so fake and try hard. Then the one time she won on the make-up challenge she felt overshadowed by Adore (but I did really like her friendship with Adore). I wish she had more confidence in herself as she had potential to be great. Her meltdowns on her elimination episode was tough to watch.

Magnolia Crawford: I didn’t mind Magnolia at the very start of Episode 2 but as soon as she got her Hoe Down theme for the Life of the Party couture look and was not stop complaining about it I was starting to get annoyed with her. Then omgg she was so defensive, abrasive towards the judges when they were critiquing her look. For that I was ready for her to go and am glad she went.

Milk: Lol Milk is a really interesting and rather strange name for a Drag Queen. Hmm Milk was someone that stood out but not necessarily for the best reasons. Milk’s style of drag was interesting and kinda hard for me to get into or appreciate. I mean…. she made me go wow and react to her looks but not in a good way - like how she came out in that white outfit with a white beard and then on the RuPaul runway challenge - she came out as male RuPaul in that suit. :dead: Then the following week on that rap challenge week she comes out with a glamorous look and gets eliminated. #Yikes. I was expecting Milk to last much longer than she did. Overall I didn’t really get or care for Milk.

Trinity K Bonet: Ahh Trinity was one of those underdog type contestants i really liked rooted for and wanted to see her succeed and do the best she could. She did kind of had a rough start and some inconsistent moments in the challenges where she would lack confidence or energy and had a defeated attitude in challenges. But she had a lot of depth and layers to her - like when she was brave enough to reveal her HIV story. That was touching. :( Trinity did have a lot of great moments in the competition as she had so many fantastic standout runway looks and she slayed all of her lip sync battles. :omg: Namely the “Whatta Man” one was a standout. Then on her last few weeks i was loving her newfound confidence in herself as she did really well on that Perfume ad challenge with Bianca (and also enjoyed their dynamics together) and she had me shook with the Drag Queens of Comedy act. :omg: It was sweet how emotional RuPaul got after how well she did on the comedy episode. Ugh I’m sad the talk show episode didn’t go so well for her…. and I really wish she could have won a challenge as she was almost there the two weeks prior. :( But aww her farewell speech to RuPaul and the judges was so sweet and touching. I hope Trinity is on an All-Stars season because with more experience and confidence in herself with these challenges i can see her slaying and being a star.

Vivacious: I really like the name Vivacious although she didn’t live up to it for me. :ph34rwave: It was nice to see Vivacious there to represent for the older Club drag scene and how she is knows and is inspired from the older drag queens. She had some really bold and powerful outfits. That’s pretty much what stood out to me from Vivacious because I found her meh/forgettable in the actual challenges.

Rankings:

1. Bianca Del Rio
  2. Courtney Act
  3. Adore Delano
  4. Trinity K Bonet
  5. BenDeLaCreme
  6. Joslyn Fox
  7. Gia Gunn
  8. Darienne Lake
  9. Laganja Estranja
  10. April Carrión
  11. Vivacious
  12. Milk
  13. Kelly Mantle
  14. Magnolia Crawford

I think this is the first time my Top 3 was the actual Top 3. Loved all of my Top 3 there. 😄 I just didn’t expect Bianca to outrank Courtney & Adore for me. 😮 Then I would say I am a fan of my whole Top 6 too. And LMAOOO Chris pretty much guessed everything right in his predictions (except me not liking Gia as I do like Gia for being lolzy) - so props to him on that. :haha:

I do stan Season 6 and this may have been my favorite season yet. #AgreeswithLily of course.

• Like 3

Season 6 is also my favourite!

And I knew you would love the Top 3 as everyone does - one of the strongest F3, imo. I do agree with the majority of your ranking, however April is a bit higher for me as she's always been my UTR fave from that season - would love to see on another season as I know she would slay the runway. 

28 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Season 6 is also my favourite!

And I knew you would love the Top 3 as everyone does - one of the strongest F3, imo. I do agree with the majority of your ranking, however April is a bit higher for me as she's always been my UTR fave from that season - would love to see on another season as I know she would slay the runway. 

Yayy glad to here S6 is your favorite too! I always heard the hype around S4 and S5 and I did enjoy those seasons but enjoyed S6 way more. :haha:

Glad everyone loves the Top 3 as this is the best Top 3 yet! ❤️ Oooh ahh I see you on the April comments. I enjoyed her too and am sure I would like April more if we saw more from her. I wanted her to last longer.

5 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Bianca Del Rio in first as she should be. Wally slaying with that taste. ❤️ 

I always slay with my taste but thank you! 😘 Glad you approve though! 😄 

Just now, Solaris said:

Darienne Lake not being last though is a choice.

:dead: 

Magnolia should be the obvious last place though. I did struggle with ranking Darienne as I didn't want to put her too low and felt 8th was quite low for her lol. Her humor/hilarity in the challenges were her highlights.