RuPaul’s Drag Race - General Discussion Thread

Elliott

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I always felt bad for her because the queens have mentioned she had very limited English proficiency but they didn't have a translator on set for her, so she was "winging it" for a lot of the challenges.

She was also inside Pulse when the shooting happened, and has talked about how much it messed her up mentally too. :( She seems to be doing better now, though, from what I've read.

Yeah she really clearly struggled and it was a shame to see. That sucks that they didn’t have someone on set who could have helped!

Oh yeah I heard about this :( I’m glad she’s doing better.

Just now, Elliott said:

I will take farting, narcoleptic Beyoncé over child abusing, angry Beyoncé. :haha:

True :dead: Kenya’s ‘fainting’ and then making the ‘I’m a survivor’ joke to no reaction just still makes me cringe so hard. I don’t think it helped that there were so many duds that Snatch Game :haha:

Just now, *Lily said:

Kenya’s ‘fainting’ and then making the ‘I’m a survivor’ joke to no reaction just still makes me cringe so hard. I don’t think it helped that there were so many duds that Snatch Game :haha:

And after S11, it's no longer the worst snatch game. :dead: 

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

@.Rei Not here for you not liking/loving Manila :(. Beside that, great Top 2 - I do like Chad as well but again, she doesn't excite me; Dee puts it perfectly when it comes to Chad.  And yes @ yarlexis ❤️ 

I’ll try my best to have an open mind whenever I get to Manila’s next season. I just don’t enjoy her tbh. But I admit that she is a great queen and did great in S3

at least you like my top 2 :wub:

Just now, Elliott said:

And after S11, it's no longer the worst snatch game. :dead: 

I’ve already forgotten so much about that season that I blanked out Snatch Game :dead:  Half of the queens just playing themselves :wub:

Also I can’t even say we were robbed of anyone playing Snatch Game that season after seeing who some of the early out queens revealed they were going to play (Mercedes saying she was going to do Aaliyah for example because of how she looked up to her when she was younger :haha:). Just a dud season in general for comedy :dead:

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

@*Wallace

• Alisha is meh
  • Agree with everything regarding Chad. 
  • :dead: @ you clocking Dida's wig & look. Also "I can’t remember anything of her sticking out or making me want to root for her" - smh at the "This Will Be" erasure. 
  • Surprise regarding your Kenya love as I've never seen anyone putting her, this high, on a ranking.
  • Agreed with Lashauwn
  • Yes @ Latrice being your fave ❤️. She's also my favourite - there's so much to love about Latrice.
  • Phi Phi - I know the feeling being conflicted on her. Never cared for her runways and whatsnot, btu she brought the entertainment. I've grown to really like her for what she has to offer, after all these years.
  • So surprise that Sharon ranked this high but I am here for it ❤️ 
  • You not on the Willam's boat still ranking her at #4 ❤️ 

- Glad we’re in agreement with Alisha and Chad.

- LMAOO I feel so bad doing that. This show but here making me clock people like this omggg. :dead: Oooh lol right… i forgot to mention that. She did a great job on the TWB lip sync. And I loved Natalie Cole’s reaction to it.

- Ooh Kenya benefitted from me being kinda indifferent on others - having more highs and lows on other people. :haha:

- Yayyy Latrice love! Love that she was your favorite too! 😄 I can’t see how anyone could dislike her.

- Ah I understand these comments on Phi Phi. I found it so hard to write out my thoughts on her as she is so conflicting. Nice that you’ve grown to like her over the years.

- LMAOO Same. I didn’t like Sharon and was scared of her the first few episodes (but respected the talent) but then I became a true fan. :haha:

- Funny how that works out. Didn’t expect to rank Willam so high but she had more positives for me haha.

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

I think I've found one of my bigger disagreements with Wally in that I did not like Kenya at all. :dead: I think there's probably still some built up rage there for me from her Snatch Game... oh and her "Natural Woman" performance. :giggle:But maybe I'd like her more on rewatch.

Otherwise I have the same other faves as you there, and Sharon, Willam and Latrice are my main faves from the season!

Oooh OMGG awww noooo. :dead: I knew it had to happen eventually. I get that. Ooh yeah I didn't like her Beyonce Snatch Game impression but I really liked her before then and other times outside of that sooo it didn't damage her too much for me. :haha: Oooh lol the Natural Woman performance was something else. :haha: 

Glad we got the same faves otherwise though! 😄 

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

tenor.gif

OMGG this reaction had me crying. :dead: 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Wally hasn’t even gotten to the worst Beyoncé impersonation yet. :haha:

OOH GOODNESS NO. 😐 😐 😐:dead: 

Lol It's really hard to make Bey funny - but Maya Rudolph and Deebra Wilson can do it so I want to have faith one of the Drag Queens can do so.

1 hour ago, .Rei said:

Lol I wouldn’t have been extremely surprised if Latrice was not your number 1 as she screams Wally’s favorite from a mile. But I’m pleased you love her cause she was really amazing :wub:

im glad you like Willam cause I thought you were gonna rank her lower :wub:

Kenya is too high for me but in the beginning I was rooting for her so I understand. I think she needed another one or two years before being cast

Love that you love Sharon, she was that amazing and deserves all the praise 

Hate that you don’t care that much about  Chad, she was that amazing and deserves all the praise 😘

It is funny how most of us have the same feelings about Phi Phi, not the greatest queen but we still appreciate her for what she brought to the season 

LMAO Yesss this make a lot of sense about Latrice being a Wally fave. It was definitely obvious figure out while watching the season. Agreed with your comments on her here too. 😄

LOL I was expecting to rank Willam lower too but she grew on me towards the end of her season. :haha: 

Ahhh yeah I get you on the Kenya comments. I know i have her ranked high - but I rooted for her more or I found her less annoying than some of the ones below. I will stand by her being her only fan :haha:

Agreee with you regarding Sharon.

Lol I can hear you on these Chad comments. She was really good to great at everything she did. I feel bad ranking her so low but that lack of connection was missing for me. :haha:

Mhmmm exactly on the Phi Phi comments. :yes:  :haha:

Also read and loved your review on S4 too. We have some definite disagreements but you provided great commentary!

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

I feel like Kenya’s is the worst, but the next one is definitely bad as well. :haha:

Uh-oh. :dead:  

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

I always felt bad for her because the queens have mentioned she had very limited English proficiency but they didn't have a translator on set for her, so she was "winging it" for a lot of the challenges.

She was also inside Pulse when the shooting happened, and has talked about how much it messed her up mentally too. :( She seems to be doing better now, though, from what I've read.

Oooh awww i didn't know she did't have a translator. That must have made the competition really hard on her.

Awww didn't know this but awww that is really sad to hear and traumatizing to go through. :( Glad she's doing better now.

17 minutes ago, Elliott said:

tenor.gif

LOL I will lower my standards. :dead: 

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

I’ve already forgotten so much about that season that I blanked out Snatch Game :dead:  Half of the queens just playing themselves :wub:

Also I can’t even say we were robbed of anyone playing Snatch Game that season after seeing who some of the early out queens revealed they were going to play (Mercedes saying she was going to do Aaliyah for example because of how she looked up to her when she was younger :haha:). Just a dud season in general for comedy :dead:

I wish we would have gotten Ariel as Miranda Sings!

I watched the first episode of All-Stars so far. So Team Yarlexis really is a thing? :spaz: They must be Elliott’s favorite team! :wub: Already looking forwr to what they do together! 

Also what the heck is Tammie Brown doing on an All-Strs season. :?:?:? I don’t get that at all. I’m shaking my head on MimiImfurst being on the cast but she had that memorable moment sooo I get her inclusion. The rest of the cast makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, .Rei said:

I wish I could watch Untucked. I feel like I’m missing a lot 

You are, especially seasons 2-4. All super messy and entertaining. You can probably find links to them online!