RuPaul’s Drag Race - General Discussion Thread

Elliott

5 minutes ago, .Rei said:

I guess Elliott is the only one who loved Chad like me 😔

I don't know about Jiggly, I wanted to like her but she annoyed most of the times

Willam is just something else :wub:

I don't dislike Chad - I am just indifferent. :haha:

1 hour ago, #jeah said:

Given that Ru basically created the All Stars series originally for the sole purpose of giving Chad a crown, I'd add him to that list as well of people who love Chad :haha: 

The funny thing is that usually Chad would be the regular season winner and Sharon would be the All Stars winner. :haha:

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

I don't know why she was cut early, as I didn't play that rankdown. It may have been the twist Elliott introduced? 

lol I definitely did not have a twist that caused Chad to go home early. That was just bad choices being made.

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

lol I definitely did not have a twist that caused Chad to go home early. That was just bad choices being made.

I was not sure if it was the name that you made people send you or not :haha:

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

I think I'm now 8 episodes into Season 4..... was it ever said what Willam did regarding breaking the rules that got her DQ'd? 😮 

Story time :wub:

So in the reunion (kind of a spoiler alert but not really), they say that Willam's husband was visiting him on set (Willam lives in LA regularly) which is a violation of the rules, and production found out.

Willam later clarified (and it was kind of backed up by other sources) that he had an acting gig lined up before he left for Drag Race. Since they approached him to be on the show, he said he would but he needed to leave by a certain date, which they obliged.

Once the NDAs expired, Willam finally revealed the full tea that though he had that movie gig lined up, he didn't have to leave as early as he previously alluded to. Instead, he was horrified by the #lowstandards that production had for the cast, so he kept calling RuPaul, Logo (the network at the time), World of Wonder, etc. out every chance he got. When that didn't work, he started lying about breaking the rules to Phi Phi because he knew Phi Phi would snitch. :giggle: He was told the morning of that he was going to be disqualified that day, which is why he played it up so much for the cameras like the icon he is.

Oooh LMAO Danggg…. THAT is a story there. :dead: Thanks for sharing that, Elliott. But wow the show made Willam look really bad with the disqualification.  But ahh if having a movie gig isn’t a breach of the rules then that makes this whole situation different an misleading. LOL at Willam lying abut breaking the rules and getting Phi Phi to get him DQ’d. :dead: And oooo he was told he was going to be DQ’d the day of the challenge? Dangg crazy. 

Ugh didn’t get to watch the follow up episode as I planned to but hoping to do so tomorrow. But so interesting how the show paints things differently with what things they share and don’t share vs. the whole truth. 😮 This is giving me all such different insight. :haha:

On 6/16/2020 at 1:28 PM, *Wallace said:

Season 2 Thoughts.

Jessica Wild: Not sure of people’s thoughts on Jessica but I really liked her a lot. I found her to be fun, hilarious and endearing. Especially loved her playing the chicken in that acting challenge and she did great on the Rockstar episode. Ooh and her RuPaul impersonation was amazing. :dead: She was pretty low/non-existant on any drama and everyone loved her, and those are usually the types I love. :haha: Ugh I was sad she left at 6th as I was hoping she’d go further.

Jujubee: Jujubee was definitely amongst my favorite personalities on the season. I found Jujubee to have a great mix of comedic humor and emotional depth and was easy to root for to do well. I liked that she was honest in a respectable likable way too. It’s a shame she never won any of the main challenges and had to be in the lip sync battles 3 times. Although I low-key loved that because she nailed and always connected emotionally to the songs she performed. Felt sad for her on that live singing challenge because there was so much hype and she flopped here. :(  Jujubee was my fave of the Top 3 but I can agree with her placing 3rd overall, as the other two did stronger overall. But I did always root for her and love how she was one  to keep the peace amongst the groups. So yeah love her regardless.

Morgan McMichaels: I felt that Morgan & Raven were like the mean girls/guys clique and I was not a fan of that friendship unlike the short-lived Sahara/Shangela. Morgan did well at times but was meh/didn’t do well other times. Plus Morgan’s comments on Mystique regarding making fat jokes about and fat shaming her was so rude.

Mystique: I liked Mystique’s attitude and personality. Found her to be fun although she particularly wasn’t good in the challenges. Her ~country outfit~ was not country at all…. not sure what that was about. I’m no stylist or fashion person but even I could see that. :dead: I do most remember how she did all of those jump into the air splits which always got a big reaction. :haha: Felt bad for her when some of the girls were making fat jokes at her expense. 

Nicole Paige Brooks: Only lasted 2 episodes but barely remember her. I just remembered she had this really long name. Oooh and Nicole was the other father of the competition. Didn’t really remember or care for her.

Pandora Boxxx: I found Pandora Boxx hilarious and to be a lot of fun. Loved her personality and found her likable and hilarious. I do feel bad for her being the “Susan Lucci” of the competition because she did well a lot of times but was never really the best or outstanding in most things. I did feel bad when the judges commented on her style being bland although I could get that. :ph34rwave: She did excel on comedic type challenges. I was happy for her getting Miss Congeniality honor, even though Jujubee and Jessica Wild would have been great honors too.

Raven: Gosh I was super conflicted on Raven. Lol I think Morgan leaving early was the best thing for her (and for me for her lol). I actually couldn’t stand Raven at the start. Thought she had a bad “You suck! I’m better than you” attitude. I was wanting her to go when she landed in the Bottom 2 lip sync offs. But yeah after Morgan left or around that time, Raven did greatly improve in various challenges and won a ew of them. She was opinionated and sometimes i found her comments hilarious and other times they were annoying and not needed. Like she annoyed me with her constant hate/putting down comments towards Tatianna, but was able to amuse me other times unlike Shannel. Still she improved a lot and grew on me and was good for 2nd place. I am sure others like her far more than me.

Shangela: i found Shangela to be a lot of fun and was so sad she was the first boot. I have heard about Shangela, so I know she makes a big impact on future seasons. Looking forward to those. But in the one episode she was in, I still liked her more than a good 5 or 6 of them. :haha:

Sahara: Sahara overall wasn’t too memorable to me - but I did like her well enough. What I remember most about Sahara is that she was college friends with Shangela and was a really great trained dancer. I always enjoyed her dancing in the lip syncs.

Sonique: Another one that wasn’t too memorable for me. I liked her look sometimes and think i remember her doing well on the Burlesque group challenge. But then she came off kinda mean and moody at times. And in most challenges, she was just there. There was an emotional moment with her coming out as a transwoman, so big props to her for that. :yes:

Tatianna: Tatianna was certainly a big character and seemed loved/hate. I felt she was kinda like the Rebecca of the season where a lot of the drag queens didn’t like her/felt she shouldn’t be there and seemed like was a lone wolf. So far into 2 seasons, this has me rooting for these types. :haha: LOL Her Britney on the Snatch Game challenge was amazing. She did have a naturally beauty look to her, which seemed to put others an would work against her sometimes. She maybe wasn’t one of the strongest or most consistent but I always rooted for her. I was always on her side with Raven vs. Tatianna rivalry though.

Tyra Sanchez: Lol ohh Tyra. :giggle: Wow I felt like I went on a major roller coaster journey with her. I would always go from really liking her to being annoyed with her an that went on through the whole season. I can’t remember the specific episodes but there were some that she really annoyed me, like the high pitched bad singing. She also didn’t connect with the girls and didn’t seem like a team player in group challenge. And her Beyonce in Snatch Game was not good….. but I did love her Bey fandom. Even though LOL she was ridiculous about it like saying “Beyonce is like me”….. :wacko:  But yeah she would nail some challenges, and loved her runway looks + walks. She came across super model-esque and loved the ones where she would transform into 2-3 outfits. Her winning moment was one of the craziest and scariest things i ever saw - with her hyperventilating on the ground. I was happy for her winning esp. over Raven. I did love the parts where he would get vulnerable and talk about his love for his son though - that would make me root and warm to Tyra. Ugh I feel I should and could have loved her more and she could have been my #1 fave but the annoying moments drop her down some spots.

Rankings:

1. Jujubee
  2. Tatianna
  3. Jessica Wild
  4. Tyra Sanchez
  5. Pandora Boxxx
  6. Raven
  7. Shangela
  8. Sahara Davenport
  9. Mystique 
  10. Sonique
  11. Morgan McMichals
  12. Nicole Paige Brooks

Feel like these are easier to rank. I would class the Top 5 as my faves. 2-3 could be interchangeable but i found myself rooting for Tatianna a bit more. 6-8 are interchangeable - went with putting Raven highest as she was the most impressive of the 3. Although if Shangela lasted longer, she’d be higher.

Top 2 perfection! Tati and Juju = perfection

Bodysuit Dancing GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race
season 2 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Yarlexis is giving me life in All Stars :wub:

So I'm guessing you haven't gotten to the shenanigans of Episode 3 where they were supposed to be in the B2 based off the rules of the challenge and were kept safe. 😘

9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

So I'm guessing you haven't gotten to the shenanigans of Episode 3 where they were supposed to be in the B2 based off the rules of the challenge and were kept safe. 😘

I saw them slaying the runway and all the other queens being pressed about it :wub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Rei said:

I saw them slaying the runway and all the other queens being pressed about it :wub:

Still doesn’t negate they were all explicitly told the teams with the lowest scores would be in the B2 and they had the lowest score by a mile. Or that Alexis mocked Latrice’s weight, but everyone ignores that to just hate on Latrice’s comment afterward.

Then again she’s still a fan favourite even after she defended Sh*rry so I’m not surprised.

32 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Still doesn’t negate they were all explicitly told the teams with the lowest scores would be in the B2 and they had the lowest score by a mile. Or that Alexis mocked Latrice’s weight, but everyone ignores that to just hate on Latrice’s comment afterward.

Then again she’s still a fan favourite even after she defended Sh*rry so I’m not surprised.

Still not their fault that they weren’t put in the bottom. And all the Plus size contestants had been fatshamed by most of the queens (in like every single reading challenge in every season) which is obviously not okay. Just as it not okay everytime an Asian contestant make the cast they get comments about looking like Jujubee just because they are Asian which is racist. and just like is not okay to mock a contestant for not properly speaking another language which is xenophobic

My point is that this show is clearly not politically correct most of the time and I could easily find an offensive comment from 95% of the cast (judges included)

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

When did this happen?!

She was on a podcast not too long after the news broke and basically said something along the lines of "What I don't understand about this whole Sherry thing is why so many people were fine sending those kinds of videos and photos to someone they didn't know." So perhaps it wasn't necessarily Sh*rry defence, but also wasn't a good thing to say, especially since the fanbase knew she and Sh*rry had been friends prior to S12.

Just now, Elliott said:

She was on a podcast not too long after the news broke and basically said something along the lines of "What I don't understand about this whole Sherry thing is why so many people were fine sending those kinds of videos and photos to someone they didn't know." So perhaps it wasn't necessarily Sh*rry defence, but also wasn't a good thing to say, especially since the fanbase knew she and Sh*rry had been friends prior to S12.

Ahhh. Not a good look there with the victim-blaming. 

9 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Still not their fault that they weren’t put in the bottom. And all the Plus size contestants had been fatshamed by most of the queens (in like every single reading challenge in every season) which is obviously not okay. Just as it not okay everytime an Asian contestant make the cast they get comments about looking like Jujubee just because they are Asian which is racist. and just like is not okay to mock a contestant for not properly speaking another language which is xenophobic

I wasn't trying to excuse what one said over the other (I found the whole thing just over-edited and Latrice/Alexis are friends so it's clear neither of them harbour any ill will), but was just saying it's always annoyed me that Latrice gets dragged over what she said in AS1 while Alexis still gets free passes for anything she says. I just find the fanbase has a lot of double standards when it comes to her.

Just now, Elliott said:

I wasn't trying to excuse what one said over the other (I found the whole thing just over-edited and Latrice/Alexis are friends so it's clear neither of them harbour any ill will), but was just saying it's always annoyed me that Latrice gets dragged over what she said in AS1 while Alexis still gets free passes for anything she says. I just find the fanbase has a lot of double standards when it comes to her.

What did Latrice say?

3 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I literally don’t remember a thing about All-Stars 1. I would rewatch to refresh my memory but tbh I would rather not. :dead:

I would rather eat glass than watch AS1 again. 

Is really not good 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Rei said:

What did Latrice say?

Her comment about how Alexis and Yara should be in the bottom because she couldn't understand what they were saying.

It turned into a big "omg Latrice is racist~" argument in the fanbase (despite it clearly being a joke, albeit a cringey one) and occurring right after Alexis calling Latrice her "biggest" competition while miming someone who was overweight. People still bring it up as Latrice being a bad person, yet nobody ever brings up that it was a reply to Alexis.

And Alexis's "I just saw Manila girl" from earlier that episode has become a meme even though the basis of that joke is that all Asian people look alike.

3 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I literally don’t remember a thing about All-Stars 1. I would rewatch to refresh my memory but tbh I would rather not. :dead:

I would rather eat glass than watch AS1 again. 

And yet, outside of Gaff-In, it's still better than most of All Stars 3 and the last two episodes of All Stars 4 and so far All Stars 5

All Stars 2 still remains that bitch :wub: