Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
istersay

AI S18 Ep 12 This Is Me Pt.1

Recommended Posts

They shouldn’t have limited themselves to the Top 20. If they just dedicated the episode to unreleased auditions/Hollywood performances/Showcase performances I would be much more interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

I predict this will be the lowest rated episode of American Idol of the season - probably of the last three seasons.

Not when everyone is stuck inside watching TV. :haha: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Franklin performed back 2 back John Mayer songs, and I didn't even mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When do we find out who won the top 21 vote?? I thought they said last sunday it would be revealed Tuesday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Not when everyone is stuck inside watching TV. :haha: 

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, indii said:

They shouldn’t have limited themselves to the Top 20. If they just dedicated the episode to unreleased auditions/Hollywood performances/Showcase performances I would be much more interested.


it’s the T20 plus joke contestants. They can’t show good performances from real contestants they cut. That would undermine the decisions they made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, holinessss said:

we gotta wait until next week for grace/lauren's result, i --

 

Of course they would drag it out to the end. Gotta give incentive to watch both episodes. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i loved the episode. It was nice to see them get real, and i bet that alot of these contestant's are about to get more fans. I am grateful to Idol for showing this, they didn't have to,  but they did it for the fans. I am not a hater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wgm said:

i loved the episode. It was nice to see them get real, and i bet that alot of these contestant's are about to get more fans. I am grateful to Idol for showing this, they didn't have to,  but they did it for the fans. I am not a hater.

 

Exactly. I thought its a classy thing to do.

 

They could have ended the show weeks ago, or worse continued with clips of the judges, but they instead focused on supporting the contestants, as it should be, especially at this time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of wonder if they'll just decide to have both Lauren and Grace perform, and make it an official Top 21. They're not going to be as pressed for time now and with how disgustingly cheery this season has been, it'd be on brand to reward them both in the midst of a pandemic. :haha: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

It's a Top 21 this year? :whut:

No, they announced 19 that advanced and then we had to vote between two blonde girls for the final spot. So they're calling it a Top 21 since both of them did all the press and photoshoots, but only one of them will actually perform.

 

Like what they did with Ben and Neco in S13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Elliott said:

No, they announced 19 that advanced and then we had to vote between two blonde girls for the final spot. So they're calling it a Top 21 since both of them did all the press and photoshoots, but only one of them will actually perform.

 

Like what they did with Ben and Neco in S13.

Thank U GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, indii said:

They shouldn’t have limited themselves to the Top 20. If they just dedicated the episode to unreleased auditions/Hollywood performances/Showcase performances I would be much more interested.

 

They didn't. They featured plenty of contestants who didn't make it to top 20.

Edited by jjeem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm here for the Arthur, Jonny, Makayla, and Sam footage... :teeheewave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing these stories, wow. Loved all the stories Arthur, Sam, everyone. I didn't know that Arthur had that body, wow. And Nick definitely got more sympathic tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...