Horror Movie Rankdown 2.0 - Return of the Living Rankers

Deeee

HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH

john carpenter horror GIF by RETRO-FIEND

I've already cut The Devil's Rejects, so I'm committing to getting an advantage. 😘 Halloween III: Season of the Witch is the critically under-appreciated third entry in the Halloween franchise, released in 1982 courtesy of Universal. It would ultimately be Debra Hill's final involvement in the Halloween franchise before her death in 2005; and it was John Carpenter's last involvement in the franchise until 2018's Halloween. After killing off Michael Myers in the previous instalment, John & Debra wanted to make a yearly Halloween anthology series and this was their first attempt. Fan reaction and low box office numbers negated the return of Michael Myers, which was nice because then we got Revenge, Curse and Resurrection. 😐 Anyway, this is one of my favourites of the franchise but I'm a competitive bitch.

SAVE: Hatchet

giphy.gif

Frankenweenie

I always feel bad cutting things with animals in. I like them more than humans. 

Frankenweenie is a 2012 animated horror film directed by Tim Burton. A boys dog dies after getting hit by a car and the boy reanimates the dog in a make shift lab. That isn’t strange at all. That’s perfectly normal thing to do. Especially for a very pale, young boy. I don’t particularly remember much about this but it isn’t a classic and I prefer a couple of the other choices over this one. It’s a nice enough film and I’d happily watch it if it was showing on the television but I’m not sure I’d go out of my way to remind myself of it. 

SAVING Orphan because of this queen.

2cfd6693f28f186e35eca94c60f863d1.gif

Just now, aliasocfan said:

I should have lied about thinking Danielle Harris was in the first Hatchet.

Nah, I knew my trap was SotW considering it was nominated right after I talked about liking it. :giggle:

3 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Dog Working GIF by Jess

@Deeee, remind me who set up my first trap so I know how to act accordingly and don't want to here any bitching because they did it first? 🙂

Well, when you scroll some pages back to update your write-ups with pictures, I am sure you will see who set the trap for you. LOL. :dead:

Edited by Deeee