idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Deeee

Horror Movie Rankdown 2.0 - Return of the Living Rankers

Unless you're talking about Midsommar. But I have no desire to see it.

Get Out>Midsommar>Hereditary but all are great.

Get out >> Hereditary >>>> Midsommar for me 

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Get Out>Midsommar>Hereditary but all are great.

All three are flawless.

Get Out>Hereditary>Midsommar.

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Unless you're talking about Midsommar. But I have no desire to see it.

I remember at the time of 1.0 you had not seen Get Out or Hereditary correct? Or was it just Hereditary?

Why do you have no desire to see Midsommar? 

Just now, Deeee said:

I remember at the time of 1.0 you had not seen Get Out or Hereditary correct? Or was it just Hereditary?

Why do you have no desire to see Midsommar? 

At 1.0, I had seen pieces of Get Out. But I've since watched the whole thing. I have not seen Hereditary yet but it's on Netflix Canada so I'll check it out eventually.

The trailer didn't appeal to me and then my social media was full of people talking about what I linked above, so I just never really cared much to actively seek it out.

28 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

When Get Out wins this Rankdown and the Movies of the Decade Rankdown at the same time :wub: :wub: :wub: 

LOL.

Have you met Elliott? :dead:

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Have you met Elliott? :dead:

Depends on what type of mood I'm in tbh.

You talked me out of petty cutting it before the final vote last rankdown. ❤️ 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Elliott said:

At 1.0, I had seen pieces of Get Out. But I've since watched the whole thing. I have not seen Hereditary yet but it's on Netflix Canada so I'll check it out eventually.

The trailer didn't appeal to me and then my social media was full of people talking about what I linked above, so I just never really cared much to actively seek it out.

So I was still correct in saying you had not seen Get Out at the time! LOL. I just remember you hating the movie for like...zero reason. Especially since you had not even fully seen it. 

You need to watch Hereditary. I do not get why you have not seen it.

Ah yes. I have seen some individuals in the community with bipolar disorder discuss the use of the disease as a plot device. More people seem to not think anything of the use of the disease in the film. I totally understand the sensitivities and concerns of the community, since so much of the stigmatization and violence against the population suffering with mental health disorders has been both created and perpetuated by the media industries - particularly film. I think it is more than fair and right to listen to their complaints.

My take: Some psychiatrists have diagnosed me with Bipolar Type II. More have said this diagnosis does not fit me. LOL. I have been medicated for it before and have also not been medicated for it for some time. The film did not use bipolar offensively imo, but I'd err on the side of compassion and listen to those that feel offended of course. Many people with bipolar disorder do commit suicide, especially in periods of depression, and a lot of tweets seemed to say that the character did not act like they had bipolar disorder? That bit leaves me a bit confused.

But I do think it will always be touchy to portray somebody with mental illness acting in a violent manner, since there is the myth that mental health disorder = violence. I think it'll come down to your own personal opinion, but most people love the film and do not take issue with it. The disease is also only presented for about five minutes of the film, which is over two hours.

Edited by Deeee

I didn't hate Get Out in the first rankdown! I just liked making everyone have a meltdown when I nominated it the first time, so I just kept doing so to be a troll and then ranked it last because it seemed like a threat to win. :giggle:

I'll watch Hereditary when I'm ready to, Dee-manding. 😘 

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I didn't hate Get Out in the first rankdown! I just liked making everyone have a meltdown when I nominated it the first time, so I just kept doing so to be a troll and then ranked it last because it seemed like a threat to win. :giggle:

I'll watch Hereditary when I'm ready to, Dee-manding. 😘 

😑

I'm just Dee-sapointed that you still have not watched it. LOL.

Just now, Deeee said:

😑

I don't know why you seem remotely shocked by this. :giggle: 

One of those films is amongst one of the worst films I’ve ever seen in my life. Me and my friends genuinely had tears on laughter streaming down our faces it was that bad.

Just now, Zoey0069 said:

One of those films is amongst one of the worst films I’ve ever seen in my life. Me and my friends genuinely had tears on laughter streaming down our faces it was that bad.

My guess is you feel this way about Midsommar. I only say this because I often had tears of laughter streaming down my face the first time I watched it. :dead:

Took another watch for me to really fall in love with it.

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

My guess is you feel this way about Midsommar. I only say this because I often had tears of laughter streaming down my face the first time I watched it. :dead:

Took another watch for me to really fall in love with it.

I don’t think I can ever watch it again.

AND PLEASE DON’T MAKE ME

• Haha 1

Also I prefer Us to Get Out

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Both are flawless. This is a bad take.

Just now, Elliott said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Deeee said:

Both are flawless.

Did I say either of them was a bad film? No. The consensus was that Us wasn't as good as Get Out, but I preferred Us. Stop trying to make everything into an ordeal. 😘 

1 minute ago, Zoey0069 said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Me seeing your decisions in the Drag Race rankdown.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zoey0069 said:

I don’t think I can ever watch it again.

AND PLEASE DON’T MAKE ME

I KNEW IT. :dead:

I think Midsommar is just a very uncomfortable film, but that is also the point. But discomfort for some just reads as "bad" and that translates into laughter. LOL.

Just now, Elliott said:

Did I say either of them was a bad film? No. The consensus was that Us wasn't as good as Get Out, but I preferred Us. Stop trying to make everything into an ordeal. 😘 

tenor.gif?itemid=5482637

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

I KNEW IT. :dead:

I think Midsommar is just a very uncomfortable film, but that is also the point. But discomfort for some just reads as "bad" and that translates into laughter. LOL.

I love uncomfortable haha. I just didn’t see the point in that film and I don’t really understand the storyline because I confused myself so much during it. The sex scene killed me 🤣 KILLED ME!

It was a weird one.

Just now, Zoey0069 said:

I love uncomfortable haha. I just didn’t see the point in that film and I don’t really understand the storyline because I confused myself so much during it. The sex scene killed me 🤣 KILLED ME!

It was a weird one.

The sex scene had me SCREAMING in the theatre. I will give you that. :dead: