Horror Movie Rankdown 2.0 - Return of the Living Rankers

Deeee

On 10/17/2022 at 1:44 PM, Elliott said:

I thought it was amazing. It’s the Halloween film that I’ve been clamouring for for years, and I left completely satisfied with it. I’ve already watched it more in four days than I have with Kills in a year. :giggle:

On 10/18/2022 at 6:22 PM, 1234567890 said:

It’s really divisive, but I’ve grown to love it now. 

god-smoking-and-watching-we-need-another

• Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...

One of the better modern horror trailers, imo. It gives you an idea of what the plot is going to be but doesn't spoil anything major (I think someone mentioned you briefly see one of the new cast members' death aftermath, but I missed it). They also made Ghostface seem really intimidating just from the trailer, too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

Thoughts on Neve not returning because of a financial dispute? 

I've maintained for a while that the Scream franchise needed to work on moving past Sidney; 5Cream made it very obvious that she wasn't the focus anymore, and the character has settled down to finally enjoy happiness. I also thought her storyline wrapped up nicely there that it was reasonable to expect her not to return.

But on the flip side, I hated the circumstances behind Neve not returning for Scream 6. It looked bad on the studio (not that Paramount or Miramax are particularly classy with paying returning stars what they want #JusticeForDanielleHarris), and it seems even more egregious now that we've seen how much they're spending on the marketing for the film.

I just wish Neve had left amicably and a Sidney-less film was a decision made out of advancing the storyline, rather than financial disputes because they didn't want to pay the face of the franchise what she was worth. Especially knowing the tea around what was planned for her and why Neve asked for the amount she did.

• Like 1

I like the trailer overall, and I was fine with Sidney leaving especially if it meant Kirby back. But between Neve leaving for the reason she did and the promise of even more gore, I think this one isn’t going to be my favorite because gore isn’t what Scream is about imo.