Horror Movie Rankdown 2.0 - Return of the Living Rankers

Deeee

I’ll save my 100 word write up for tomorrow and make these look better tomorrow because right now I’m very angry at my internet!!!!!

Stake_Land_(film).jpg

Stake Land:

a movie that I’ve not seen but from its name I’m going to say it’s about vampires. I can't have Wikipedia tell me.

LittleShop.jpg

Little Shop of Horrors:

Both movies in the game are good but the other is more memorable. At least I think. The other one is the musical and hence better (and based on this one). 

The_Howling_(1981_film)_poster.jpg

The Howling:

I think this one is about werewolves? Couldn’t say because of my crud internet not letting me look anything up!!!!

ThePossession2012Poster.jpg

The Possession:

a mediocre movie about a possession. Can’t tell you anything more than that since I’m on my phone and it’s not worth the effort to look it up and then come back and write!!!!

Edited by totes4totes

220px-Vhs-film-poster.jpg

V/H/S (2012 dir. by Wigard et. al)

So when I was in undergrad my university hosted a film festival called True/False. The one year I was able to, I volunteered to help run it. It was a really cool experience. It was a documentary festival and I got to see a lot of movies for free like Queen of Versailles and Bully. But one I didn't see was V/H/S because even though it was primarily a festival for documentaries, they occasionally showed some more indie movies. So I wasn't assigned to this movie because I think I was assigned to a bigger movie, but from what I heard this movie made people vomit when they saw it. They must have weak constitutions because while I don't think that this is a great horror movie, it's certainly not a vomit worthy horror movie. But maybe I have a strong constitution. Anyway, it's a horror anthology of "found footage" films each being on a VHS tape (hence the name). It's all right but I think its reputation is more interesting than the actual movie. 

Better Watch Out (2017 dir. by Chris Peckover) vs The Babysitter (2017 dir. by McG) (Zoey)

Hereditary (2018 dir. by Ari Aster) (Zoey) vs Midsommar (2019 dir. By Ari Aster)
It (2017 dir. by Andrés Muschietti) vs The Cabin in the Woods (2012 dir. by Drew Goddard) (Zoey)
Shutter Island (2010 dir. by Martin Scorsese) (Zoey) vs The Exorcist (1973 dir. by William Friedkin)
Open Water (2003 dir. by Chris Kentis) vs Signs (2002 dir. by M. Night Shyamalan) (Zoey)

melissa joan hart talk to the hand GIF

Better Watch Out (2017 dir. by Chris Peckover) (Victoria) vs The Babysitter (2017 dir. by McG) (Zoey)

The Brood (1979 dir. by David Cronenberg) (Victoria) vs Flatliners (1990 dir. By Joel Schumacher)
It (2017 dir. by Andrés Muschietti) (Victoria) vs The Cabin in the Woods (2012 dir. by Drew Goddard) (Zoey)
Shutter Island (2010 dir. by Martin Scorsese) (Zoey) vs The Exorcist (1973 dir. by William Friedkin) (Victoria)
Open Water (2003 dir. by Chris Kentis) vs Signs (2002 dir. by M. Night Shyamalan) (Zoey, Victoria)

Better Watch Out (2017 dir. by Chris Peckover) (Victoria, Anne) vs The Babysitter (2017 dir. by McG) (Zoey)

The Brood (1979 dir. by David Cronenberg) (Victoria, Anne) vs Flatliners (1990 dir. By Joel Schumacher)
It (2017 dir. by Andrés Muschietti) (Victoria, Anne) vs The Cabin in the Woods (2012 dir. by Drew Goddard) (Zoey)
Shutter Island (2010 dir. by Martin Scorsese) (Zoey) vs The Exorcist (1973 dir. by William Friedkin) (Victoria, Anne)
Open Water (2003 dir. by Chris Kentis) vs Signs (2002 dir. by M. Night Shyamalan) (Zoey, Victoria, Anne)

Better Watch Out (2017 dir. by Chris Peckover) (Victoria, Anne, Megan) vs The Babysitter (2017 dir. by McG) (Zoey)

The Brood (1979 dir. by David Cronenberg) (Victoria, Anne, Megan) vs Flatliners (1990 dir. By Joel Schumacher)
It (2017 dir. by Andrés Muschietti) (Victoria, Anne, Megan) vs The Cabin in the Woods (2012 dir. by Drew Goddard) (Zoey)
Shutter Island (2010 dir. by Martin Scorsese) (Zoey) vs The Exorcist (1973 dir. by William Friedkin) (Victoria, Anne, Megan)
Open Water (2003 dir. by Chris Kentis) vs Signs (2002 dir. by M. Night Shyamalan) (Zoey, Victoria, Anne, Megan)

@Elliott write-ups:

The Babysitter (2017 dir. by McG)

Flatliners (1990 dir. By Joel Schumacher)
The Cabin in the Woods (2012 dir. by Drew Goddard)
Shutter Island (2010 dir. by Martin Scorsese)
Open Water (2003 dir. by Chris Kentis)

@1234567890 write-ups:

Return of the Living Dead Part II (1988 dir. by Ken Wiederhorn)

Ju-on: The Grudge 2 (2003 dir. by Takashi Shimizu)

Event Horizon (1997 dir. by Paul W. S. Anderson)

Prison (1987 dir. by Renny Harlin)

Deadly Blessing (1981 dir. by Wes Craven) 

Announcements after these are turned in!

36 minutes ago, Elliott said:

The Babysitter (2017 dir. by McG)

tumblr_oxznubYlUQ1uijsn1o1_500.gif&f=1&n

Does anyone have a weird, irrational dislike for Bella Thorne or is it just me? 🕵️‍♂️ Anyway this movie f*cking sucked. I don't get why it's well-liked. Glad it's gone.

If you need to have a rational reason, Bella Thorne screwed over a lot of sex workers by joining a platform and then screwing over her fans to the point where the platform changed all sorts of rules to rectify the issue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

If you need to have a rational reason, Bella Thorne screwed over a lot of sex workers by joining a platform and then screwing over her fans to the point where the platform changed all sorts of rules to rectify the issue.

I was just about to post the same thing. Bella Thorne does suck. The movie does not, but she is no good.

8 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

I knew about that. I just disliked her before that. :haha: