Horror Movie Rankdown 2.0 - Return of the Living Rankers

Deeee

CREEPSHOW

Creepshow_Cover_WEB_1800x1800.jpg?v=1503

Ugh, I love Creepshow. :/ It's by George Romero and Stephen King, so how could I not!? Creepshow is a horror anthology flick framed around a comic book, and each story is fantastic. My personal favourite is the one featuring Leslie Nielson and Ted Danson, simply because I liked watching Leslie Nielson play the villain. This film's been treated kind of crappily on home media, but Scream Factory put out a great release of it not too long ago that comes with a box and several variations of artwork to use, so I can dig it.

EVIL DEAD II

MV5BZjNhN2JiNTYtOTFhOS00YjlhLThlOWYtNWM1

I really enjoy Evil Dead, but I guess I'm in the minority for preferring the first one to it. :ph34rwave: The production value is obviously higher, but some of the humour loses me at times. (I say as someone who loves TCM2, #hypocrisy). Anyway, I would've rather not cut this, but there were two films I preferred to it on the list of remaining nominations.

SAVE: The Bride of Frankenstein

REANIMATOR

Rabalais_Re-Animator_Variant_med-web2.jp

I like this movie a lot, but I'm fine cutting it in favour of 28 Days Later. (It's an overly gory low budget 80s film so of course I'd be a fan!) Reanimator was followed by two sequels that are decent, but I still think this one is the best. For those who haven't seen it, ReAnimator tells the story of how a dedicated local and his girlfriend become involved in bizarre experiments centering around the re-animation of dead tissue after the arrival of odd new medical student to their campus. Yes, I did just copy that from IMDb to easily hit the 100 word so Dee can move on, why do you ask? 🙂

SAVE: 28 Days Later

Edited by Elliott

CHAPTER FIVE: THE RESURRECTION PART TWO

WxRN.gif

The moment we have all been waiting for. The Resurrection. A chance to bring back the departed from the dead. But this sequel will ask for more sacrifices and more blood on your hands in order to successfully resurrect the fallen.

Chapter Rules:

1. Each ranker will be given the opportunity to resurrect a maximum of twelve films. You made resurrect less, if you so choose.

2. In return for a chance at resurrection, you must sacrifice three films per resurrected film. So if you want to bring twelve films back in the game, you need to cut 36 films in return.  

3. You must present your choices for resurrection and elimination all at once in the thread.

4. The remaining three rankers will then vote on your proposed resurrections. If more than one ranker disagrees with your proposal, your shot at resurrection is over. There is only one chance to pull this off successfully, so be smart!

5. If you are successful, one-fourth of the eliminated films will require a regular write-up. The rest will be mini write-ups.

If @Zoey returns before the end of the round, she will be given a chance at Resurrection as well. For now, we will just move forward with the four of you.

Good luck! As soon as you are ready to post your individual decision, do so publicly in the thread.

@Elliott @totes4totes @aliasocfan @1234567890