American Idol Producers Plan To Finish Season Using Technology

49 minutes ago, saxpower said:

I hope they do something so all the contestants are using the same cameras/mikes/etc. Some may not have resources on their own to buy quality equipment. Any type of quality equipment is probably beyond someone like JustSam’s means, while others may have studios at home already. Just issue them each the same model camera, microphone and backdrop and have them use that.

this up here GIF by Chord Overstreet

I really hope they provide all the equipment to give everyone an even playing fiend.

I feel like they may either send a kit of basic equipment to each contestant or possibly have a small crew assemble it in their home like several news and media outlets have done (they would bring in a steralized camera and set it up, I think Jimmy Fallon did it like this?) 

I think the show will be live but the performances will be prerecorded. When I watched portions of the Disney Sing-along special it was clear the performances had been recorded ahead of time. I’m assuming any of these types of online shows involving several artists and performances are going to be recorded in advance, it would be near impossible to have that many performances done in real time without technical glitches. Maybe the judges will do their commentary live. 

19 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

According to the American Idol Youtube channel, the first cut is confirmed to be 20 to 10. Sad they cut out Top 14 officially now.

They only have three weeks after the Top 20 show, so I'm not surprised they got rid of the Top 14 cut.

26 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

According to the American Idol Youtube channel, the first cut is confirmed to be 20 to 10. Sad they cut out Top 14 officially now.

That's a huge cut. I've always hated the new formats but since they only have three weeks left after the Top 20 show...