idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  

American Idol Producers Plan To Finish Season Using Technology

Just now, 1234567890 said:

Neither was a cancellation.

Cancellation of the season was more likely...what else were they going to do if they really couldn't fit it in and the next season was scheduled to begin filming...that was way more likely...

3 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

I’d be fine with Arthur winning because he’d be the first fully Asian winner in Idol’s history (Laine was mixed.)

francisco would be too 😳😳

59 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

stop trying to make fetch happen mean girls GIF

LOL...that's not even for me to decide...LOL...

The Bachelor: Listen To Your Heart definitely won’t be a replacement for Idol. It only got a 0.7 for its premiere. 

44 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

The Bachelor: Listen To Your Heart definitely won’t be a replacement for Idol. It only got a 0.7 for its premiere. 

It was supposed to be an Idol replacement? 🤣

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2020 at 6:18 PM, kenboy123 said:

HERE!!!!...i'm one of them at least....Anyways, I never said it would be cancelled....i just said it would be a possibility...anyways, if they are indeed doing it remotely...i don't know why they feel the need to still rush the season...

Btw, since this season is so short...it is absolutely going to help Arthur win...

I don't think anyone (producers, contestants, or the audience) wants to make this remote competition any longer than it needs to be. Why would you want to drag this out lol. The best thing is to finish the season via technology with as little pain and suffering as possible and forget this season ever happened. Same thing applies to The Voice.

Edited by joe14

56 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

It was supposed to be an Idol replacement? 🤣

No lol but someone mentioned on this forum that ABC might cancel Idol and replace it with Listen To Your Heart. It’s definitely a one and done show. 

1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

No lol but someone mentioned on this forum that ABC might cancel Idol and replace it with Listen To Your Heart. It’s definitely a one and done show. 

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

Does anyone know when these live technology performances will happen?

18 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

If WWE can be deemed an essential business maybe Idol can too. :dead:

Thank God, the boyfriend will be thrilled to learn this. 

1 hour ago, 1234567890 said:

I guess I got my answer. :dead: I don't know how to embed Instagram posts.

Copy the link to the post.

Anyway, I know the show will be aired simultaneously across all timezones, but I wonder if the performances will happen live or if they'll be recording them earlier in the day so they can edit the show together more easily. :haha: 

This sounds like it is going to be a mess. How many weeks of live shows is it going to be? 3? Maybe 4 at most?

So it will probably be 20>10>5>3 for finale?

2 hours ago, mikeyace16 said:

This sounds like it is going to be a mess. How many weeks of live shows is it going to be? 3? Maybe 4 at most?

Four weeks altogether. My guess is 20>10>7>4

2 hours ago, mikeyace16 said:

Yeah, it may be a mess but at least it wasn’t canceled.

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Four weeks altogether. My guess is 20>10>7>4

Semi-finals (20–>10) isn’t designated as a live show. That should be overnight or longer voting, announced at top of first live show.

Just now, AngelaKD said:

Semi-finals (20–>10) isn’t designated as a live show. That should be overnight or longer voting, announced at top of first live show.

Yes, I’m aware. The schedule says there’s three shows after that, so I was including it as an idea of what the format would look like once we start voting.

Posted (edited)

This has potential to be one of the worst  seasons of a reality show maybe ever

Edited by Lackey

39 minutes ago, Lackey said:

This has potential to be one of the worst  seasons of a reality show maybe ever

Because that's more important than people's lives. The Voice is soon to start the same format.

I hope they do something so all the contestants are using the same cameras/mikes/etc. Some may not have resources on their own to buy quality equipment. Any type of quality equipment is probably beyond someone like JustSam’s means, while others may have studios at home already. Just issue them each the same model camera, microphone and backdrop and have them use that.

The other question is what they are doing for backing tracks for the contestants that do not play piano/guitar.

At least the first episode should be pretaped to make sure all the technology is working