idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
CandiceFan12

Will AI18 resume production when it is safe to do so?

Will AI18 resume production when it is safe to do so?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will AI18 resume production when it is safe to do so?

• Yes, when it is safe to do so
    • No, the season is cancelled

3 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

But talk shows are basically year round, every day...at least most of the year...so, they wouldn't have to find a time slot to fit it in....after this season, the next season is scheduled to start filming, so tell me how is it going to continue???...and how do you know if you can get all 20 contestants back a year from now....they may have no choice then to just move on to the next????...remember, other shows already have a lot of the time slots in a few months time...how do you fit it in???

I agree with everybody else, they wouldn't cancel the current season no matter what if Idol continue again. Somehow, some way, the Top 20 will be able to come back if Idol continues and will be able to finish this season. 

Idol will start back up once every other reality show does. Covid-19 is hurting any show currently filming. AGT, The Voice, Idol and Survivor aren’t just gonna get canceled forever. 

The season will finish at a later time or they’ll do the living room concert type thing. Whether or not there will be a S19 is the bigger question.

1 minute ago, redwood79 said:

I agree with everybody else, they wouldn't cancel the current season no matter what if Idol continue again. Somehow, some way, the Top 20 will be able to come back if Idol continues and will be able to finish this season. 

If they continue???...the series isn't going to be canceled because of COVID-19...so how will they fit in it????....how are they going to get all 20 contestants back in a year???...maybe a few months, they would be able to, but a year???....

2 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Idol will start back up once every other reality show does. Covid-19 is hurting any show currently filming. AGT, The Voice, Idol and Survivor aren’t just gonna get canceled forever. 

The season will finish at a later time or they’ll do the living room concert type thing. Whether or not there will be a S19 is the bigger question.

I totally disagree, i think whether the season will finish is a bigger question....

On 3/31/2020 at 3:34 PM, kenboy123 said:

I totally disagree, i think whether the season will finish is a bigger question....

That decision is related to whether they will have S19.

If they plan to go back for S19, then they HAVE to finish this season. They cannot start a new one without finishing this one.

If they are not planning to come back for S19, then its easier not to finish this season and say "hey look, because of Covid19, we can't continue".

To me, the question isn't whether they will finish this season. I think they will definitely finish this season.

The question is what does "finish" means. And here they have plenty of options.

Either run all the unedited performances and let us vote and that's the winner. Or shoot just the top 3 or top 5 in May then we vote and its done, or a few months later then we vote.

Or continue later and then post them online. They're not traditional definitions of "finished", but at least that's a closure to get the season out of the way.

On 3/31/2020 at 12:47 PM, kenboy123 said:

Back on topic, I'm not sure if this season is going to continue...it highly depends on when this clears up, if this clears up quickly and they can start filming immediately and they actually can fit it in with a time slot...i don't think you will have a problem getting all 20 contestants back and finishing off this season...

If they can't start filming immediately after this clears up or they can't find a time slot or filming for next season is already scheduled to start...i think the whole season will be abandoned and we are going to have to move on to Season 19....and the top 20 will have to audition all over again to be on the show....that's my opinion...

I'm sorry but that sounds like a cruel suggestion, almost heartless. That doesn't seem ethical.

If they're bringing them back, then maybe they can be part of the finalists.

11 hours ago, jjeem said:

If they plan to go back for S19, then they HAVE to finish this season. They cannot start a new one without finishing this one.

If they are not planning to come back for S19, then its easier not to finish this season and say "hey look, because of Covid19, we can't continue".

To me, the question isn't whether they will finish this season. I think they will definitely finish this season.

Either run all the unedited performances and let us vote and that's the winner. Or shoot just the top 3 or top 5 in May then we vote and its done, or a few months later then we vote.

Or continue later and then post them online. They're not traditional definitions of "finished", but at least that's a closure to get the season out of the way.

I agree. There's no way any company can get away with not finishing a season...that's unheard of. Unless AI is cancelled, which is pretty unlikely, they will find a way to get closure with the season. Like I don't think it's even on production team's mind to just "cancel" the season--but even if it was--the fan outrage would be so much that they'd have to finish it a few months down the line or even next year before moving to the next group of contestants

Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 1:34 PM, kenboy123 said:

I think they will finish the season.  It doesn't mean it will be in the format we are used to seeing. 

The bigger question is whether there will be a Season 19.  The show hasn't been formally picked up by ABC  beyond the current season.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, jjeem said:

You have still failed to explain why that is actually the case...

Edited by kenboy123

2 hours ago, redwood79 said:

I agree. There's no way any company can get away with not finishing a season...that's unheard of. Unless AI is cancelled, which is pretty unlikely, they will find a way to get closure with the season. Like I don't think it's even on production team's mind to just "cancel" the season--but even if it was--the fan outrage would be so much that they'd have to finish it a few months down the line or even next year before moving to the next group of contestants

That’s not true. Shows get cancelled mid-season, even reality shows.

Google “Utopia reality show”.

On 4/3/2020 at 10:46 AM, redwood79 said:

the current season of Big Brother Canada was just canceled mid-season.  the entire cast was sent home and told the season was over.  That's even harder too since they can't just resume that show at a later date, it's just done for that cast.  Most fans understood and were okay with it.   Production announced that they were donating the $100k prize money to COVID relief instead.  

1 hour ago, pepperman said:

the current season of Big Brother Canada was just canceled mid-season.  the entire cast was sent home and told the season was over.  That's even harder too since they can't just resume that show at a later date, it's just done for that cast.  Most fans understood and were okay with it.   Production announced that they were donating the $100k prize money to COVID relief instead.  

That sucks. I hope the cast was compensated financially as well. That would suck to finally get cast only to have it be cancelled and sent home with no chance of winning. I wonder if they will be considered for future seasons?

Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2020 at 12:36 PM, kenboy123 said:

You have still failed to explain why that is actually the case...

If they are not planning to come back next season, its easier to call it quits because they are essentially disconnecting from everyone. It is like a company shutting down.

If they are planning to come back, there is huge motivation to finish this season, because questions about this season will continue to linger.

So why is making them audition again a decent approach?

They can do that, but I don't think they will cause that's awful

Edited by jjeem

32 minutes ago, jjeem said:

If they are not planning to come back next season, its easier to call it quits because they are essentially disconnecting from everyone. It is like a company shutting down.

If they are planning to come back, there is huge motivation to finish this season, because questions about this season will continue to linger.

So why is making them audition again a decent approach?

They can do that, but I don't think they will cause that's awful

I highly doubt this yesterday's episode was the last episode of Idol ever...they wouldn't want to end it like this...

and why have them audition again???...if filming for next season is scheduled or the coronavirus outbreak goes on too long and they can't get some of them back...they might have no choice than to move on....

22 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

I highly doubt this yesterday's episode was the last episode of Idol ever...they wouldn't want to end it like this...

and why have them audition again???...if filming for next season is scheduled or the coronavirus outbreak goes on too long and they can't get some of them back...they might have no choice than to move on....

Moving on doesn't answer WHY YOU WANT THEM TO AUDITION AGAIN.

Posted (edited)

Its funny looking back at all the comments of people saying Idol was gonna be cancelled LOL. Look where we are now!

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1