Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
kenboy123

Will Arthur Gunn run away with the win?

Will Arthur Gunn run away with the win?  

24 members have voted

  1. 1. Is an Arthur Gunn win inevitable????

    • No
      16
    • Yes
      8


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Everywhere I look ...Arthur's name comes over and over and over and over with no other name even mentioned...and the show is hyping him up like crazy...it's beginning to look like he is going to be one of the most inevitable winners ever...realistically, will Arthur Gunn just run away with the win???...I really hope he doesn't...

 

Edited by kenboy123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I've said before, most of his fans come from Nepal, people that can't vote. I'd say he's the front runner right now, but him winning definitely isn't inevitable. There are a few people that, with a good showcase performance, could end up surpassing him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, indii said:

As I've said before, most of his fans come from Nepal, people that can't vote. I'd say he's the front runner right now, but him winning definitely isn't inevitable. There are a few people that, with a good showcase performance, could end up surpassing him.

 

How can you prove that though???...look at all the people on social media...absolutely NOT all of them are from Nepal...

Edited by kenboy123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

  

2 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

How come you prove that though???...look at all the people on social media...absolutely NOT all of them are from Nepal...

 

Obviously not all of them are from Nepal, but a good chunk are.

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 11.20.17 PM.jpg

Edited by indii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, indii said:

As I've said before, most of his fans come from Nepal, people that can't vote. I'd say he's the front runner right now, but him winning definitely isn't inevitable. There are a few people that, with a good showcase performance, could end up surpassing him.

 

He's been getting lots of buzz in the media.  He could end up being this year's Alejandro.  And the winner could get the Laine Hardy treatment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mytake1 said:

 

He's been getting lots of buzz in the media.  He could end up being this year's Alejandro.  And the winner could get the Laine Hardy treatment.

 

If he does...i hope it's a girl version of Laine Hardy...LOL...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kenboy123 said:

 

If he does...i hope it's a girl version of Laine Hardy...LOL...

 

 

So you want a girl to get the Laine Hardy treatment - where the winner is ignored in favor of the runner-up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

someone explain the appeal, like...i'm not an alejandro fan but i get his appeal of songwriter/emo/whatever

 

also his attempt to "rearrange" his solo was hella messy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

 

So you want a girl to get the Laine Hardy treatment - where the winner is ignored in favor of the runner-up?

 

Yes and no...i don't want her to be ignored, but i hope a girl wins though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, holinessss said:

someone explain the appeal, like...i'm not an alejandro fan but i get his appeal of songwriter/emo/whatever

 

also his attempt to "rearrange" his solo was hella messy 

 

He actually has a good voice.  And he is more of a risk taker, which is part of being a musician, artist.

 

The industry is looking for people that are different, like Alejandro.  That's why the status quo like Laine has a hard time once the show is over.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, holinessss said:

someone explain the appeal, like...i'm not an alejandro fan but i get his appeal of songwriter/emo/whatever

 

also his attempt to "rearrange" his solo was hella messy 

 

i agree with you here...and you can't even use his looks as a reason this time...at least Laine had that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mytake1 said:

 

He actually has a good voice.  And he is more of a risk taker, which is part of being a musician, artist.

 

The industry is looking for people that are different, like Alejandro.  That's why the status quo like Laine has a hard time once the show is over.

 

 

 

But Alejandro isn't even famous...???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kenboy123 said:

 

Yes and no...i don't want her to be ignored, but i hope a girl wins though...

 

Why?  So far with the ABC reboot, the non-winners have done better than the winners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mytake1 said:

 

Why?  So far with the ABC reboot, the non-winners have done better than the winners.

 

Because I like the girl contestants better this season and I think one of them deserves to win...is it wrong to prefer a female winner???...i mean Maddie has done okay and ABC was promoting her at least a little bit...at least in the year she was reigning American Idol winner...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

 

But Alejandro isn't even famous...???

 

Alejandro has done better than Laine, who has all but disappeared.  He had big sold out tours and was booked to tour over seas.  His performance at Lollapalooza was singled out by the Grammy folks.  Stevie Nicks of is a big fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

 

Alejandro has done better than Laine, who has all but disappeared.  He had big sold out tours and was booked to tour over seas.  His performance at Lollapalooza was singled out by the Grammy folks.  Stevie Nicks of is a big fan.

 

Still, i rather a girl win...like I said, I think they are better than the guys this year by a huge margin and I think one of them deserves to win...like I also said, Maddie has done okay and while she was the reigning winner, she was actually promoted by ABC...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

 

Because I like the girl contestants better this season and I think one of them deserves to win...

 

Who cares.  Laine won.  A year later, he's pretty much forgotten.  Google.  Alejandro has created more media attention than Laine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

 

Still, i rather a girl win...like I said, I think they are better than the guys this year by a huge margin and I think one of them deserves to win...like I also said, Maddie has done okay and while she was the reigning winner, she was actually promoted by ABC...

 

Gabby has done better than Maddie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

 

Gabby has done better than Maddie.

 

Maybe now...but Maddie hasn't done badly herself plus she was actually promoted as winner on ABC...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

 

Who cares.  Laine won.  A year later, he's pretty much forgotten.  Google.  Alejandro has created more media attention than Laine.

 

I don't need Google to know who has done better, that's not even the issue...the issue is that I think the best should win...is Arthur good, sure he is...but i think a lot of female contestants (and maybe 1 or 2 guys) are better than him...btw, ABC wants to act like the other 15 seasons didn't happen is pretty irritating...but that's a difference discussion...

Edited by kenboy123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

 

the issue is that I think the best should win...

 

The so-called best singer in each season usually does not win.  Kelly Clarkson had said that Tamyra Gray was a better singer.  And the argument can be made that Bo Bice has a stronger range than Carrie Underwood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

 

The so-called best singer in each season usually does not win.  Kelly Clarkson had said that Tamyra Gray was a better singer.  And the argument can be made that Bo Bice has a stronger range than Carrie Underwood.

 

I used the word "better"...not "better singer" ...not necessarily better singer...and i think both of those examples can be argued...because i don't think stronger range means stronger singer...hence, i don't think Bo Bice is a better singer than Carrie Underwood...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that Arthur could win, he has everything the fans want, he's beyond talented, he is a pure artist, and he has the backstory. Who wouldn't want him to win. though a girl winning would be interesting too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, wgm said:

I believe that Arthur could win, he has everything the fans want, he's beyond talented, he is a pure artist, and he has the backstory. Who wouldn't want him to win. though a girl winning would be interesting too.

 

one thing that bothers me is that whenever you play a guitar, you are considered an artist...why is that???...I never understood that...especially if you are a guy, but i guess that's a different discussion...

 

Edited by kenboy123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...