Top 10 Predictions (American Idol 18)

kenboy123

On 4/5/2020 at 11:23 PM, kenboy123 said:

I will concede that I have no idea what the format of Top 10 will be, but...i'll assume the judges are going to pick 3 choices...

So I will assume America will pick this lineup...

Francisco Martin

Arthur Gunn

Louis Knight

Dillon James

Samantha Diaz

Julia Gargano

Grace Leer (or Lauren Mascitti)...whichever gets through this awful twist...hopefully Grace

Then I will assume the judges will choose...

Jovin Webb

Kimmy Gabriella (the producers seems to love her)

Cyniah Elise

However, if it is just a straight top 10...i think these 10 are most likely to get in...

Francisco Martin

Arthur Gunn

Louis Knight

Dillon James

Samantha Diaz

Julia Gargano

Grace Leer (or Lauren Mascitti)

Makayla Phillips

Sophia Wackerman

Jonny West (He's gotten A LOT of screen time),,,

I changed my mind somewhat...

Arthur Gunn

Dillon James

Grace Leer

Francisco Martin

Julia Gargano

Jonny West

Kimmy Gabriella

Louis Knight

Makayla Phillips

Samantha Diaz

I think Arthur, Francisco and Samantha are givens...Dillon is likely too...Makayla is the one that I think out of all the power females has the biggest appeal...Jonny has had a lot of screen...I'm thinking Julia is the better of the 2 singer-songwriters than Sophia...If Grace doesn't make it through, i'll replace her with Lauren Mascitti...then we have Louis and Kimmy which are the ones I'm most unsure about. Louis hasn't had the best performances to date so he could perhaps follow a Jonny Brenns, Garrett Jacobs route if he puts in another off performance, but he puts in a decent one...I think there are enough screaming teenagers to get him through...Kimmy is someone that American Idol has promoted in a big way in commercials and stuff, she's like Makayla, but...i feel she is a little different. She's more like an Olivia...I think she might be a judge's choice...

1. Arthur Gunn and 2. Just Sam will definitely make it given how much screentime they got

3. Francisco has a good shot if he doesn't mess up. That means his friend & rival Louis will likely be out

4. Grace or Lauren M, whoever makes it will go further

5. Dillon has a chance as he's quite unique in the game

6. Julia & 7. Sophia are quite underrated for now but I expect both of them to be the darkhorses

8. Makayla: i think the teen divas will cancel each other out and Makayla is having the edge right now as she's lowkey going viral on Talent Recap along with Arthur. It really depends on their live performances though

9. I think either Jonny or Jovin

10. The last spot is up for grab for whoever unexpectedly will give us a stellar performance, it might be Faith or Aliana even, who knows? But as of now I predict Lauren Spencer Smith to get it. 

Edited by Sept390

Here’s how I think voting will go leading up to my prediction of the Top 10:

The first voting round will cut out the following people:

1.  Faith — cannon fodder.  She did well to get this far.

2.  Nick — he’s somewhat cocky and has a disconnection problem.

3.  Aliana — also cannon fodder, though not quite as much as with Faith.

4.  DeWayne — he’s just too forgettable.

5.  Kimmy — sigh.  I like her but of the group of teenage female singers, I think that she has the least defined sense of herself as an artist.

6.  Franklin — he’s too introverted and will probably get lost in the shuffle.

I think that seven of the remaining fourteen people will be voted in, and those seven are:

1.  Just Sam — obviously.

2.  Arthur — just as obvious.

3.  Jonny — he’s familiar enough due to his association with his girlfriend, Margie.

4.  Dillon — he’s the male country singer in this group.

5.  Grace or Lauren Mascitti (I’m guessing Grace) — whoever makes it into the Top 20 will have the country vote as well.

6.  Francisco, unless he bombs big-time due to nerves.  If so, then Louis.

7.  Sophia — I think she’ll get in ahead of Julia and the other three teenage girls.

That leaves the Judges’ Wildcard selections, and here’s who I think they’ll choose:

8.  Cyniah — she’ll be the teen powerhouse vocalist.

9.  Jovin — the judges love him.

10.  Either Julia or Olivia.  I’m guessing — Julia.

That means that I feel that Lauren Spencer-Smith, Louis, Makayla and sadly, Olivia will be cut at the final hurdle.

13 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I think that seven of the remaining fourteen people will be voted in, and those seven are:

6.  Francisco, unless he bombs big-time due to nerves.  If so, then Louis.

The fact that Francisco doesn't have to perform on a stage is going to help him big time. Plus, I think Louis has started to lose some favor with the audience since his showcase performance.

Watching full episodes of ABC's American Idol for the 1st time, i jus wanna say how well constructed the show is now compared to the last couple seasons on Fox. Like the ppl they're showcasing actually makes sense.

Girls:
1. Makayla P
2. Lauren Spencer Smith
3. Julia G
4. Sophia W
5. Cyiah E
_
Guys:
1. Arthur G
2. Nick M 
3. Louis K
4. Francisco M
5. Jovin W

I think we can divide the contestants into groups: (ranked best to worse in each category)

Frontrunners

-Arthur Gunn

-Dillon James

-Francisco Martin

-Grace Leer (or Lauren Mascitti)

Teen Divas

-Kimmy Gabriela

-Cyniah Elise

-Olivia Ximines

-Makayla Phillips

-Lauren Spencer-Smith

Pop/Singer-songwriters

-Julia Gargano

-Sophia Wackerman

-Jonny West

-Louis Knight

Soulful voices

-Samantha Diaz

-Jovin Webb

-Franklin Boon

First Cuts

-Aliana Jester

-Faith Becnel

-DeWayne Crocker

-Nick Merico

Our Top 10 will probably be:

Arthur Gunn

Dillon James

Francisco Martin

Grace Leer

Teen Diva #1

Teen Diva #2

P/SS #1

P/SS #2

Soulful voices #1

Soulful voices #2

2 hours ago, redwood79 said:

I think we can divide the contestants into groups: (ranked best to worse in each category)

Frontrunners

-Arthur Gunn

-Dillon James

-Francisco Martin

-Grace Leer (or Lauren Mascitti)

Teen Divas

-Kimmy Gabriela

-Cyniah Elise

-Olivia Ximines

-Makayla Phillips

-Lauren Spencer-Smith

Pop/Singer-songwriters

-Julia Gargano

-Sophia Wackerman

-Jonny West

-Louis Knight

Soulful voices

-Samantha Diaz

-Jovin Webb

-Franklin Boon

First Cuts

-Aliana Jester

-Faith Becnel

-DeWayne Crocker

-Nick Merico

Our Top 10 will probably be:

Arthur Gunn

Dillon James

Francisco Martin

Grace Leer

Teen Diva #1

Teen Diva #2

P/SS #1

P/SS #2

Soulful voices #1

Soulful voices #2

In that case, I think the two soulful voices will be Just Sam (who might also be a front runner) and Jovin, leaving Franklin out in the cold.  I’m pretty sure that Louis from the P/SS group won’t make it in, but I’m not as sure who from that group will be in the Top 10, or which two of the teen girls will be in the Top 10.  But I’m guessing (and hoping) that Sophia will be voted in by America and that Julia will be the Wildcard pick in that category, leaving Jonny out in the cold.  The two teenage divas who will make the Top 10 will probably be anybody’s guess (except that I doubt Lauren Spencer-Smith will get in).  Still, I believe that one of the remaining four will be voted in and one will be a Wildcard pick.  I’m guessing that Cyniah and Olivia get in, but that’s just a guess on my part.