idolforums.com
sublymonal

American Idol Rankdown 2.0

Starting them now. I will try and do them in a prompt manner next time.

marshawn lynch my bad GIF by Team Coco

Maddie Walker

Dvz6G2LXcAEr5ru.jpg

Maddie Walker sure looks a lot like Bella Thorne in that picture. I forget what season she was on so let me Google it. Oh, okay. American Idol Season 14 is where Maddie walker resides from. I don't particular care for that season aside from Clark, Rayvon Tyanna, Joey and JAX. She was pretty forgettable imo. I hated the format in this season and the newer seasons because they are just so damn confusing. I'm going to forego everything that happened before and just start at the Top 24. It was Contestant's Choice and she sang "Love Gets Me Everytime" by Shania Twain. It was forgettable but she advanced. Top 16 week was Motown Week and she sang "I'll Be There" by The Jackson 5. It was different from what she has sang in the past and it was a welcome change. It was definitely better than last week. Maddie made the Top 12 and sang "Suitcase" by Gwen Sebastian. The theme was Back to the Start and I didn't care for the performance much. Now I remember why the format was so weird. I think this was the first season without an actual results show, right? I believe so. There two weeks of Top 11 week and I honestly don't remember why at all. She sang "She's Country" by Jason Aldean for the Get The Party Started theme and advanced. Who comes up with these themes? The performance brought out her attitude and sass which was cute. The other Top 11 week she sang "Let's Hear It For The Boy" by Deniece Williams for Songs from the Movies week and oddly enough it's the only performance from her I remember off the top of my head. It was cute but she got eliminated for it. She finished in 10th/11th place because Idol didn't tell us the pecking order. Adanna Duru was eliminated this night as well. Two contestants went home because the Judges Save was used on Quassim Middleton, idk. I know she had a health scare on the show with her appendix so that must have been scary for her. Maddie was a cute girl but she was never going to win. Post-Idol Maddie joined Brit Willson, Ray Taaffe and Nicolette Mare to form an all-female country group called South Haven. They have released 2 singles and one album entitled "Crossing Line". They haven't released anything since 2017. Bye Maddie, I wish you success in your future endeavors.

Dennis Lorenzo

dennis-lorenzo-woodsock.jpg?resize=1800,1200&w=1200

So I didn't take part in the first American Idol rankdown and I might voted in the public final vote when I finally found our about it but I have no idea how Dennis Lorenzo was named the winner of his season. Dennis Lorenzo was a contestant on American Idol 16. For Top 16 week he sang "Rude" by MAGIC! and the performance was fine. This was the first season on ABC so I was uneasy coming back to the series but the talent was great. Dennis also performed a duet of "Unaware" with Allen Stone by Allen Stone. Both performances were good enough to advance as the judges advanced him to the Top 14. "In My Blood" by Shawn Mendes was Dennis' chose for the Top 14 week. I liked the performance and I appreciated he change it up every week. He didn't get enough votes to be in the Top 6 to advance to the Top 10 but then he sang "This Woman's Work" by Maxwell. It's originally by Kate Bush but he did the Maxwell version. That performance was AMAZING and he more than proved he deserved a spot in the Top 10. Ugh. One of the few performances I remember from that season. The judges advanced him to the Top 10 after that killer performance. Top 10 was Disney week and he sang "Can You Feel  The Love Tonight" from The Lion King. He was eliminated along with Ada Vox and Michelle Sussett. He was a cool dude and I couldn't find anything post-Idol he did so that's unfortunate. I don't remember the new seasons so he was a casualty of that. You won't win AI16 in this rankdown this time.

Ashley Hess

ashley-hess-5-things-to-know-about-the-t

I don't much about American Idol 17. It's probably my second least knowledgeable season besides the current one (AI18). I kind of tuned out of Idol at this point. I would always put it on but I would be doing other things in the meantime. I literally don't remember Ashley at all and the only contestant I remember from this season are Laine and Alejandro. Ashley made it all the way to the Hawaii portion of the conception and did enough to become a semi-finalist. For Top 20 week she sang "Dreaming with a Broken Heart" by John Mayer. I'm rewatching it right now and it was pretty good.  For her duet she sang "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz with Jason Mraz. It was a cute performance and the judges thought she did enough to move on to the Top 14. During Top 14 week she sang "Fix You" by Coldplay. It wasn't enough to be in the Top 7 for America's vote. She sang "Sir Duke" by Stevie Wonder and it wasn't enough to be included in the Top 10 by the judges. I don't have much else to say as I have no attachment to her and don't remember her at all. The performances I've seen were good but the new formant makes me care less about the newer contestants.

Posted (edited)

Adanna Duru

c584a0626f7c63a90dfa1f6e25e72488913c90e0

Another contestant from American Idol 14. Adanna Duru originally auctioned on the third season of The Voice. That's funny because it's usually the other way around but not time time. The Voice first then American Idol. I didn't care for her that much but she was better than Sarina-Joi. Adanna made it to the Top 24 and for Contestant's Choice she sang "Rather Be" by Clean Bandit. It was a slowed down version of it which was pretty. It was enough to move on to Motown Week aka the Top 16. She sang "Hello" by Lionel Richie. "Hello" is considered Motown? News to me. The performance like last week was okay. It wasn't in tune but she somehow made it to the Top 12. She sang "You and I" by Lady Gaga when the judges advanced her because she didn't make it on America's votes. It was a big shouty but I remember the performance so that's good. I only hate the new format. The nerves, energy and excitement takes a toll on their performances.  So the next two weeks were both Top 11 weeks because Quassim Middleton was saved the previous week and like I said, idk why. For the Get The Party Started theme she sang "Runaway Baby" by Bruno Mars. It was a fun performance as the songs demands energy. She advanced that week and for the second Top 11 week she sang "Love You, I Do" by Jennifer Hudson or Jennifer Holliday whichever you prefer. LOL. The theme was Song from the Movies and the song was from Dreamgirls. It was not good. Jessica Sanchez did it better. She along with Maddie Walker were eliminated in 10th/11th place. From what I can find she hasn't done much since the show. Oh, well. She and Maddie got eliminated together again. Cute. It's destiny.

Edited by 1234567890

Posted (edited)

DOUBLE POST. DISREGARD. 🙂 

Edited by 1234567890

That's so cool that Adanna auctioned for The Virus 😮 

Just now, *Chris said:

That's so cool that Adanna auctioned for The Virus 😮 

🦠 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

And Love You I Do is by Jennifer Hudson only as it was written for the movie, and not the musical! ❤️ 

Edited by *Chris

3 hours ago, *Chris said:

And Love You I Do is by Jennifer Hudson only as it was written for the movie, and not the musical! ❤️ 

I NEVER SAID I WAS SMART.

dumb jennifer lawrence GIF

• Haha 1

I’ll do my remaining two write ups this afternoon.

I will need extension until around brunch time (if noms are posted or the time limit is about to be done) cuz my migraine just isn't slowing down. Sorry!

9 hours ago, Zoey0069 said:

I’ll do my remaining two write ups this afternoon.

Bored Hey Arnold GIF

14 hours ago, Elliott said:

Bored Hey Arnold GIF

tumblr_ooepxhbd4S1ql5yr7o1_400.gifv
I didn't feel well yesterday.

22 hours ago, vee_ said:

I will need extension until around brunch time (if noms are posted or the time limit is about to be done) cuz my migraine just isn't slowing down. Sorry!

No worries! ❤️ I’ll post the next round today!

The Top 10 of S1 minus Kelly (for obvious reasons) and Nikki did a group video chat yesterday and they're all posting photos. #nostalgia

Posted (edited)

Copy and paste the template below with your selection:

6. Sola

7. Nico

Edited by Solaris

Posted (edited)

Have I not got 2 write ups?

Copy and paste the template below with your selection:

1. Zoey

6. Sola

7. Nico

Edited by Zoey0069

Vee is no longer on IDF fyi @sublymonal

Copy and paste the template below with your selection:

1. Zoey

4. Alex

6. Sola

7. Nico

81590580-61c0-4078-8b43-08e650011d93.jpg

MacKenzie Bourg
MacKenzie was a contestant on the fifteenth season of American Idol. It was probably my least favourite season based on talent and MacKenzie contributed to that.

I know that I go on about basic singers who can play an instrument but this guy was one of the most basic contestants to make it to the finals. Never mind the top four. I never watched most of the performances whilst season fifteen was airing and watched them later to educate myself. I honestly wish I wouldn’t have bothered. MacKenzie absolutely ruined classics like “Billie Jean” and “I See Fire”. This boy shouldn’t have even made the top twenty. His performances were abysmal. See ya!

Why is Vee banned? 😭