American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Do we have a graph of last year's finalists out of curiosity?

I've tried to wipe out most of that from my mind.

I remember Kristy Lee Cook getting a higher ranking than Fantasia though 🙂 

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I've tried to wipe out most of that from my mind.

I remember Kristy Lee Cook getting a higher ranking than Fantasia though 🙂 

And most people will try to wipe out this rankdown from their memory once this is done. :giggle:

Walker Burroughs

s82g6apR_400x400.jpg

In Season 17, there were two gingers.  Walker is the one no one could remember.  In terms of singing he was decent, and he had a decently likable personality.  However the whole package together wasn't great.  Walker made it all the way to the Top 8, and was eliminated that evening.  He auditions on the Piano with Love like this, but his Hello performance was better.  In the Top 20, he sang how Deep is your Love, and was also able to duet with Jason Mraz.  Didn't care for their song.  I think it was his later song choices that made me not care for him.  I didn't mind his Climb Ev'ry Mountain performance, but his Jonas brothers song was blah.  His last two performances were unmemorable and warranted elimination.  

Qaasim Middleton

Qaasim Middleton | The Naked Brothers Band Wiki | Fandom

I don't know how we went about eliminating Jax, yet let Qaasim get saved twice in this rankdown.  Whatever he is gone now.  Qaasim was far and away my least favorite finalist from American Idol season 14.  He put on a decent show, but his attitude was annoying, and his voice was pretty bad.  The fact that the judges used their save on him felt like a waste.  He lasted 4 extra weeks and ultimately went home in 8th place.  Shouldn't have even made the finals.  By far the worst thing I had to witness was his performance during Kelly Clarkson week.  What doesn't kill you, doesn't always make you stronger.  My ears still haven't recovered from seeing that.  

Jon Peter Lewis

jon-peter-lewis-2015-press-billboard-650

Season 3 was all the women.  The guys felt like an after thought.  JPL was no exception.  He tried to be the funky white boy.  He didn't originally make the Top 12.  He didn't advance from his semifinals group.  The judges brought him back for the wildcard round, where he was about in the middle of the pact.  That was still enough to make him one of the 4 that advanced.  He made the finals, and sort of regurgitated the same stuff each week.  In my opinion his best performance was the one he left on.  Jail House Rock felt fun.  He made it further then he should have, but at least he didn't really rob anyone of their spots.

He would later compete in a duo on the voice.  They didn't win.

Angie Miller

Angie+Miller+Celebs+7th+Annual+BritWeek+

I always hated that the show shortened Angela to Angie.  The name just felt immature.  I started out really liking Angie.  I thought she was a talented song writer and I loved the original song she performed in Hollywood week.  That said over the season, I found her become less and less likable.  She had some good performances, and she had some bad ones.  Her performances of Maybe, Anyone Who Had a Heart and Diamonds all ran stale.  Her duet with Lazaro was horrendous (though thats not really her fault).  The performances I thought stood out in a good way were:  Who You Are, Bring Me to Life and Nobody's Perfect.  I haven't really followed her post show so I don't know if shes amounted to anything.  Sorry to her fans, I actually expected people to save her.

Qaasim didn't deserve the save over Sarina, but I didn't mind him too much considering he was at least fun/entertaining compared to the nightmares that some of the others were turning in that season. Hey Ya was a guilty pleasure performance too. :giggle: