American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

Jena Irene

450?cb=20140522032933

A controversial icon :wub:. I haven't had so much fun rooting for a contestant in a long time like I did rooting for Jena. She's pretty much my dream storyline if only she won. Even Jena haters can admit she would've been a much better winner than Caleb let's be real 😘. She was a bit messy, a huge ass underdog, a fun personality, and a rocker chick. Literally what more could you ask for from an Idol contestant? And most important, part of #TeamYesElimination at the final five which sealed Sam Woolf's fate. Survivor is calling this mastermind right now to be the first FOX/ABC to CBS crossover!

Jena randomly came onto the scene with a performance of "Paint It, Black" which I think defines her journey as a whole. A bit shaky, but still shockingly good in a weird way you can't exactly pinpoint. Obviously she didn't advance because she needed to have her underdog story! But luckily she snatches that wildcard slot and makes sure to LOCK herself in the top 13 with her original "Unbreakable Me". A star-making performance. Jena Irene really appeared out of nowhere and was like "Bitch, I'm a frontrunner!!!!!" She stayed UTR with "The Scientist" and a highly underrated performance of "Suddenly I See" (her bottom three visit for that performance is criminal, but it's necessary for her underdog narrative). She isn't an UTR girl though so she whipped out the piano and left everyone bald after her performance of "Decode". The performance of the season at that point! The best Paramore cover the show's ever seen!

Because Jena has now established her status as a frontrunner, she's able to be lolzy and fun with "Clarity". GET THOSE GLOWSTICKS UP!!!!!!! The amount of hate people feel towards that performance warms my cold, dead heart :wub: :wub:.

After "Clarity", Jena was EXTREMELY solid. She may have not been blowing us away week after week, but sis had to do 27 performances this season. Kelly Clarkson couldn't even do 27 wow performances if she was stuck on this season, no shade. She skates by to the final seven though and takes her crown back as frontrunner. Her duet with Caleb of "Gimme Shelter" is easily the strongest duet/group performance of the season. And "Creep" is obviously an iconic performance. I feel like "Creep" gets forgotten because she also has "Decode" and "Can't Help Falling In Love", but "Creep" really should be in the argument of her GOAT performances. The fact that Jena Irene has multiple GOAT performances :wub: :wub: . Literally no one else this season could dream of being That Bitch like Jena Irene was.

Jena continues to slay week after week. "Barracuda", "My Body', and "Valerie" are all amazing performances and amongst the best of each of those nights, if not the best performances. My messy stunt queen also decides to turn on her ally Sam Woolf pulling off a power player with Alex Preston getting him voted out, as I alluded to earlier. Nothing but respect for my mastermind :wub:. She refuses to let the audience turn on her though because the follow week she pulls out "Can't Help Falling In Love" which is pretty much the performance of the season and one of the best in Idol history. Top three week may have been a bit of a rough week as "Titanium" is my least favorite performance of hers 🙈 but "Heart Attack" is underrated and obviously her "Creep" reprise solidifies her spot in the top two! Jena Irene making the top two despite the fact that she was cast as like 11th place fodder :wub:. Jena slays the finale, but loses probably because she's a woman. We hate to see it. Jena is such a fun and rootable Idol contestant. The fact that someone so innocent and random can incite the amount of hate she gets is forever hilarious to me. Most of her performances are legit amazing and her few trainwrecky/messy performances is what makes her fun. If you're not terrified before your fave walks on the Idol stage, then I'm sorry but they're highkey boring. Jena's a risktaker! Jena brought us all on a journey and she's pretty much the last Idol contestant to ever bring me on a journey I've been invested in.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Jena Irene

450?cb=20140522032933

A controversial icon :wub:. I haven't had so much fun rooting for a contestant in a long time like I did rooting for Jena. She's pretty much my dream storyline if only she won. Even Jena haters can admit she would've been a much better winner than Caleb let's be real 😘. She was a bit messy, a huge ass underdog, a fun personality, and a rocker chick. Literally what more could you ask for from an Idol contestant? And most important, part of #TeamYesElimination at the final five which sealed Sam Woolf's fate. Survivor is calling this mastermind right now to be the first FOX/ABC to CBS crossover!

Jena randomly came onto the scene with a performance of "Paint It, Black" which I think defines her journey as a whole. A bit shaky, but still shockingly good in a weird way you can't exactly pinpoint. Obviously she didn't advance because she needed to have her underdog story! But luckily she snatches that wildcard slot and makes sure to LOCK herself in the top 13 with her original "Unbreakable Me". A star-making performance. Jena Irene really appeared out of nowhere and was like "Bitch, I'm a frontrunner!!!!!" She stayed UTR with "The Scientist" and a highly underrated performance of "Suddenly I See" (her bottom three visit for that performance is criminal, but it's necessary for her underdog narrative). She isn't an UTR girl though so she whipped out the piano and left everyone bald after her performance of "Decode". The performance of the season at that point! The best Paramore cover the show's ever seen!

Because Jena has now established her status as a frontrunner, she's able to be lolzy and fun with "Clarity". GET THOSE GLOWSTICKS UP!!!!!!! The amount of hate people feel towards that performance warms my cold, dead heart :wub: :wub:.

After "Clarity", Jena was EXTREMELY solid. She may have not been blowing us away week after week, but sis had to do 27 performances this season. Kelly Clarkson couldn't even do 27 wow performances if she was stuck on this season, no shade. She skates by to the final seven though and takes her crown back as frontrunner. Her duet with Caleb of "Gimme Shelter" is easily the strongest duet/group performance of the season. And "Creep" is obviously an iconic performance. I feel like "Creep" gets forgotten because she also has "Decode" and "Can't Help Falling In Love", but "Creep" really should be in the argument of her GOAT performances. The fact that Jena Irene has multiple GOAT performances :wub: :wub: . Literally no one else this season could dream of being That Bitch like Jena Irene was.

Jena continues to slay week after week. "Barracuda", "My Body', and "Valerie" are all amazing performances and amongst the best of each of those nights, if not the best performances. My messy stunt queen also decides to turn on her ally Sam Woolf pulling off a power player with Alex Preston getting him voted out, as I alluded to earlier. Nothing but respect for my mastermind :wub:. She refuses to let the audience turn on her though because the follow week she pulls out "Can't Help Falling In Love" which is pretty much the performance of the season and one of the best in Idol history. Top three week may have been a bit of a rough week as "Titanium" is my least favorite performance of hers 🙈 but "Heart Attack" is underrated and obviously her "Creep" reprise solidifies her spot in the top two! Jena Irene making the top two despite the fact that she was cast as like 11th place fodder :wub:. Jena slays the finale, but loses probably because she's a woman. We hate to see it. Jena is such a fun and rootable Idol contestant. The fact that someone so innocent and random can incite the amount of hate she gets is forever hilarious to me. Most of her performances are legit amazing and her few trainwrecky/messy performances is what makes her fun. If you're not terrified before your fave walks on the Idol stage, then I'm sorry but they're highkey boring. Jena's a risktaker! Jena brought us all on a journey and she's pretty much the last Idol contestant to ever bring me on a journey I've been invested in.

I needed this. :wub: Every time I rewatch Jena’s performances I just can’t help falling in love with her! 😂 She was probably the most current artist to ever grace the Idol stage. 

RUBEN STUDDARD

giphy.gif

As a contestant on the 2nd season of American Idol, he positioned himself as the R&B/Soul male singer of the competition. He started his journey by impressing the judges with his audition to "Ribbon in the Sky" by Stevie Wonder. He managed to make it through Hollywood Week, and to the live shows where he impressed the public with his rendition of "Superstar" during the semi-finals. He easily advanced to the live shows where he kept standing out with performances like "Baby I Need Your Loving", "A Whole New World", and "Kiss and Say Goodbye" - those are probably 3 of his strongest performances. He made it all the way to finale, despite some mediocre performances but these performances were decent back in the day. In the finale, he faced off Clay Aiken, the favorite to win - Ruben won by a small margin. 

As the 2nd winner of the show, Ruben found some success here and there but he was unable to find the same success as his predecessor, Kelly Clarkson. Overall, he's a talented individual but he's not my cup of tea & he never been one of my favourite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pia Toscano

WFctXsxgaDBa0loJDgT8i6vWz9Ncs7m2LvI9mP0qCZ5MvguFkX6kzKKtyA1qVYkuqh6gKPXlh9sN4483nNfF_QOHo-k72zwdgfWt0fdKd6KZVZiTSFJk_ZrHKGpTO9IC1NeT51vc

Pia Toscano is one my favorite Idol contestants of all-time, so I am so happy that I get to do her write-up! :ohyeah:She auditioned for American Idol two times before Season 10. She was also probably the most consistent contestant of Season 10, so I guess all the trying out payed off! 😊 She started off her run in the semi-finals with I'll Stand By You, which is considered by many to be one of the greatest American Idol performances of all-time, and I certainly can't disagree. This is the point where many, including the judges, considered her to be a frontrunner.

During Top 13 week she gave an outstanding performance of All By Myself, which in my opinion, is only outclassed by LaToya London's phenomenal version during Season 3. The next week she gave a performance of Where Do Broken Hearts Go, which is my third favorite behind I'll Stand By You and another performance that I'll detail later. This is where many started to notice the excessive number of ballads that Pia had done (some even noticed before then). Even though Where Do Broken Hearts Go was an up-tempo number, some felt that Pia still looked stiff on stage, which I won't disagree with. However, I personally thought that Pia's vocals were so captivating that she didn't need to do an up-tempo, but whatever... 🤷‍♂️ 

During Motown week, Pia gave a stunning performance of All in Love Is Fair. Like I briefly mentioned before, this performance showed me that she didn’t need to go up-tempo. Her voice was good enough to hold its own and captivate an audience! 😄 Despite promising to not do another ballad, Pia chose to sing yet another ballad for Elton John week, which makes sense since Elton John is most praised for his ballads. :haha: Don't Let the Sun Come Down on Me was another fantastic ballad with impressive vocals. It even upstaged my favorite version of the song that Archie delivered in Season 7. 😅 

During Top 9 week, Pia finally delivered a proper up-tempo number with River Deep - Mountain High. I think it is such an underrated performance! It was my second favorite performance of Pia's, but I guess America didn't feel the same way as she was eliminated that results night in what is considered one of the most shocking eliminations in Idol history. 😕 Since the judges used their one save on Casey earlier in the season, there was no saving Pia, meaning she had to leave the show. :no: 

Many people started to bash Stefano Langone who was in the bottom 2 with Pia that night, but that really isn't right... :thumbsdown: Stefano had no control over who voted for him. Plus, Stefano and Pia appear to be good friends now, so it really makes no sense to get upset! Post-Idol, Pia has found pretty good success, with her touring with JLo and performing with David Foster and other great musicians/vocalists. I really love her song Belong, so I would recommend giving it a listen. 😁

season 15 idol finale GIF by American Idol

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 2

Calls myself a Pia fan... 

*completely forgets to mention her performance of All in Love Is Fair in her write-up* :duh:

Edit: Added it to the write-up because it was a stunning performance so it bugged me that I didn’t mention it. 😅

Edited by Bk1234