idolforums.com
sublymonal

American Idol Rankdown 2.0

10 hours ago, Alex95 said:

I say we bring Nadia back if there’s no writeup!!

Not happening. Sorry. 😘

Pubs and bars opened again on Saturday so I was MIA for two days. These will be done today! I’m behind in all rankdowns so I’m going to be caught up by tonight.

SomberOnlyGuineafowl-size_restricted.gif

Avalon Young

I don’t have much to say about Avalon, so this will be a pretty short write-up. Avalon was a contestant on the fifteenth season of American Idol and she placed eighth. She had one of the more distinctive styles and voices that season but it didn’t particularly work out for her. Avalon was limited as to what she could do vocally and had a tendency to become squeaky and screechy if she tried anything too much. The issue with that is that she constantly had underwhelming performances because there wasn’t any other direction she could go in.

“Love Yourself” - Mediocre.

“Flying Without Wings” - Decent but mostly because of Ruben.

"Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" - Horrific song.

“Stitches” - One of the worst performance of the season.

“Earned It” - Her best performance.

She made no impact on the season for me so I’m alright with her going here. I’m also wondering

how she made it this high compared to some others.

nadiaturner_696w.jpg
Nadia Turner

Nadia was a contestant on the fourth season of American Idol and placed eighth. I wasn’t a fan of Nadia during season four and I can’t say she’s made any impact on me looking back. I’ve just rewatched her performances so here’s a quick low down on what I think nowadays.

“Power of Love” - Meh.

“My Love” - It just seemed to be a lot of shouting.

“Try a Little Tenderness” - I’m still not blown away. 
“You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me” - Probably her best performance so far. It didn’t have that fake rocker vibe. It was stripped back with no shouting.

“Time After Time” - Spiricles.

“I’m the Only One” - I enjoyed this. I’d say she didn’t deserve to be in the bottom three but then it’s trying to find someone to replace her on such a strong night.

”As Long As He Needs Me” - I love this song and no one will ever top Jodie Prenger for me. It was alright.

”When I Dream” - The song was just terrible. She did what she could but 3/4’s of it was just forgettable. It picked up towards the end but I don’t think she could’ve saved it regardless.

I had other favourites that year and I don’t feel as if Nadia did enough to stand out in such a strong group. She obviously had a lot of fans on here but she just gets lost on the shuffle for me.