idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
istersay

American Idol S18 Ep 7 Hollywood Week Duets

Catching up now.

Louis. :wub: 

2 minutes ago, holinessss said:

ok but like that performance had no indication of stress/breakdown/medic - queeen

That just means that Just Sam (and Sheniel) are showing their mental toughness... :yes::stud:

No Julia/Sophia this round :(, hopefully more of them tomorrow, thanks Idol.

• Sad 1

Such bad editing in the duet episode, So little singing with lots of talking interrupting. ANNOYING.

The addition of the Duets round is way better than the group rounds. It's a more even playfield for all the contestant's and a lot less drama too. There were a few questinable/bad duets but in the end the rest of the duets were amazing. in the end the right people left and the right ones are now in the solo rounds. Those start tomorrow.

After watching the duets twice, here’s my comments on them:

1.  Louis & Francisco:  I’m glad that Louis tried to help Francisco out, but Francisco has major insecurities.  He’s lucky that the judges moved him forward along with Louis,,who certainly deserved to move forward.

2.  Franklin & Jordan M.:  I didn’t see much of Jordan Moyes, so I don’t know why he was cut, but Franklin seemed to be good enough to move on.

3.  Marcus & Natalie:  don’t know if Natalie moved on or not, but I know that Marcus moved on to the solo round and I think he deserved to.

4.  Lauren Jean & Molly:  They were solid.  Not great, perhaps, but not a train wreck.

5.  Lauren Mascitti & Leon:  I think Lauren was better.

6.  Cameron & Ren:  I’m surprised that Ren didn’t move on, as she was vocally better than Cameron.  But it’s not a contest to find the best singer, and apparently the judges thought she sacrificed connection for power.

7.  Grace & Hannah:  well, we got to see why Hannah failed to move on, and it appears that she was outshone by Grace in performance skills.  Maybe next year for her and Cranberrys.

8.  Jimmy & Nick:  some duet partners are too different to blend well.  Not here.  I think Nick was a tad better than Jimmy, though.

9.  Isa & Olivia:  they both had huge voices yet they showed how two powerful singers can avoid trying to outdo each other.  Fine job!

10.  Demi & Michael:  synergy was a good name for them, but I think Demi was a little bit better.

11.  Madison & Peyton:  what a comedy of errors!  And most if not all of it was Peyton’s fault!  At least he recognized that he fouled up and apologized to Madison. It probably saved him and maybe Madison as well.

12.  DeWayne & Jordan J.:  as Randy Jackson once noted, “Song choice, song choice, song choice.” Song choice is key, and they picked a fine song for them.

13.  Courteney & Zack:  and they didn’t, thanks to indecision and lack of preparation, especially on Zack’s part.  And then Zack just gave up during the duet.  What a train wreck!  It was worse than Lazaro’s meltdown during his trio in Season 12, and nowhere near as funny.  Poor Courtney.

14.  YZthasinger & Aliana:  they certainly connected well, although it’s a pity for YZ that Aliana has a boyfriend.  But their chemistry helped them move on.

15.  Faith & Jovin:  another duet with a great connection.  Their southern roots helped them out here.

16.  Landen & Perrin:  nervous?  They sure didn’t seem that way, with a performance good enough to move on.

17.  Genavieve & Travis:  I wonder if Genavieve was thinking of her sister when she sang this song.  Regardless, she and Travis did well enough to move on.

18.  Alyssa & Jeb:  don’t know why Jeb moved on while Alyssa was cut, since I saw so little of their performance.

19.  Alex & Kat:  Kat outshone Alex, and that’s why he failed to move on.

20.  Jonny & Margie:  maybe they should have split up and gone with different partners.  It stressed Jonny out.  But at least they did well enough to move on.

21.  Cyniah & Makayla P.:  Cyniah took the right approach to working with Makayla, and it paid off with perhaps the best duet of the round.  Great job!

22.  Elyjuh & Kimmy:  they seemed to do a fine enough job to move on, but I think Kimmy is better.

23.  Dillon & Evan:  they also seemed to do well enough to move on.

24.  Lauren Spencer-Smith and Makayla B.:  another fine performance where they matched well enough to move on.

25.  Robert & Tito:  sometimes, too much really is too much!  At least, it was for Tito.

26.  Just Sam & Sheniel:  Sheniel was another fine partner and the medic helped Sam, and the help paid off for Sam!

I think that Cyniah and Makayla Phillips had the best duet while Courtney and Zack had the worst.