The Voice 18 ● Battle Rounds 2 ● Discussion

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

How do you know she’s perfect?

True, it could definitely be voice editing. But I've yet to hear a bad note from her, whereas I hear it from a lot of singers. (She is one they are building up, so she could be getting a nice edit.) 

But those full voice into head voice tricky runs that don't have a bad note in them..that's something. 

She doesn't have any power behind her voice though. And when she tries, the tone isn't pleasing. But when she does more delicate/intricate stuff with her voice, I really like it. (And I now it is difficult).

Edited by mercfan3
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fortunately for NBC, people are basically locked in their homes right now. 

I wish the Coronavirus curve was as flat as their notes.

this is so boring and unsexy, so i guess they did a good job replication shawn and camila 

I would pick Mandi (don't kill me y'all) because her voice pierced through more. I found myself hearing/listening to her voice more than Camm's. Although I don't think she's particularly amazing, I still think she deserves the win. Also totally agree on the song choice - shame on John for picking this just 'cause Mandi sang Spanish in the blinds. I honestly hope John, in his egotism, picks Camm, and then Kelly gets Mandi.

I think they're both really good, Mandi moreso than CammWess - but that battle was just okay. Mandi had some really nice little runs but nothing about it was special. It's 100% the song choice that screwed them over.

Mandi should've just auditioned in English so we could've avoided this tragedy and she could've gotten a better song/coach. 

Although I'm 100% convinced she would've gotten the same song on Team Kelly or Blake even if she had sung in English.

Just now, ATX29 said:

Extremely boring first hour.  So I guess it's right on par with the rest of this trash season.

i try to keep my expectations low :giggle:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mercfan3 said:

True, it could definitely be voice editing. But I've yet to hear a bad note from her, whereas I hear it from a lot of singers. (She is one they are building up, so she could be getting a nice edit.) 

But those full voice into head voice tricky runs that don't have a bad note in them..that's something. 

She doesn't have any power behind her voice though. And when she tries, the tone isn't pleasing. But when she does more delicate/intricate stuff with her voice, I really like it. (And I now it is difficult).

Fair enough. The editing can make most of them sound fantastic. 

1 minute ago, mercfan3 said:

Yeah, it kinda reminds me of Chelsea (from Hello Sunday) of last season. Although she sounded really pitchy and not great when she tried to use a bigger voice, she sounded really good on the really soft notes (think the beginning of Don't You Worry About a Thing).

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

Mandi should've just auditioned in English so we could've avoided this tragedy and she could've gotten a better song/coach. 

then she wouldn't have gotten a chair 💀

• Haha 2
Just now, holinessss said:

then she wouldn't have gotten a chair 💀

I personally disagree. She has a great voice (I went through her instagram). I think she would have wound up on the show regardless of which language she sang in. 

Just now, Lux~ said:

omg kelly was close to not being able to save 

:lmao: she waits too long