Anyone concerned the show could be suspended or canceled due to Virus?

I don’t think they would just cancel live shows all together. They’ve put too much work into the season so far and they want to continue making money so I don’t think it’ll be cancelled. However, I do think they’ll be pushed back into June and still have no live audience. Live shows don’t start until May so assuming no changes, the social distancing requirement will be over.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is how they’ll transport the coaches to LA for the live shows, to keep them safe. They’ll also have some sort of bubble around their chairs to protect them from floating droplets of saliva. 

John says....as far as he knows.... they haven't made a decision yet on the fate of the Live Shows.   https://apnews.com/7f45968b0a7988e2cb2492ad26f5ec0b   NEW YORK (AP) — One prog

Maybe. I’m going to pray that a vaccine is developed ASAP, and sooner than everyone expects, so most importantly , everyone still ill, especially the ones most at risk at dying from it, can heal, and

26 minutes ago, rp3598 said:

I don’t think they would just cancel live shows all together. They’ve put too much work into the season so far and they want to continue making money so I don’t think it’ll be cancelled. However, I do think they’ll be pushed back into June and still have no live audience. Live shows don’t start until May so assuming no changes, the social distancing requirement will be over.

That’s extremely optimistic. 

On 3/29/2020 at 7:51 PM, TeamAudra said:

Trump extended the social distancing guidelines until April 30th, which means zero chance they do the live shows in the usual fashion. They have new models that indicate the peak in deaths will be in about 2 weeks, which is about what I was thinking last night. Of course, individual states and cities can do what they want, to some extent, but I doubt California and LA will be in a position to deviate from those guidelines. 

I don’t know NBC’s schedule, and I’m not gong to spend any time looking into it, but I would delay the live shows until at least June. 

The Federal governments’s guidelines are irrelevant. The CA state and LA city and county restrictions are the ones that would impact television production.

5 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

The Federal governments’s guidelines are irrelevant. The CA state and LA city and county restrictions are the ones that would impact television production.

That’s why my comment you quoted includes this..

“Of course, individual states and cities can do what they want, to some extent, but I doubt California and LA will be in a position to deviate from those guidelines. “

Regardless, the federal government does have the power to lock the country, or individual states down (I don’t think that will happen).. 

Edited by TeamAudra
6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

“Of course, individual states and cities can do what they want, to some extent, but I doubt California and LA will be in a position to deviate from those guidelines. “

Regardless, the federal government does have the power to lock the country, or individual states down (I don’t think that will happen).. 

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The CA guidelines deviate plenty. They are much stricter and have the force of law. The federal guidelines are just that, mere guidelines.

12 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

The CA guidelines deviate plenty. They are much stricter and have the force of law. The federal guidelines are just that, mere guidelines.

I aware. I don’t think California will go back to business as usual by the end of April. In my state (Minnesota), we’ve only had 18 deaths, and the rate of new infections has been flat for two weeks, yet our Governor is talking about a peak in mid-May to mid-June, based on “models.”  We have a stay at home order now that will likely be extended. 

Edited by TeamAudra
1 hour ago, seak05 said:

?? 

Yes, the country can’t and won’t stay closed down until a vaccine is available. In the near future, we’re just going to have to beef up the ICUs (already happening), stop shaking hands, isolate the vulnerable, wear face masks, etc. Regardless of what we do, we’re not going to be able to save every life. Tens of thousands of Americans die of the flu every year, and as long as the health care system is able to manage that load, nobody gives a sh*t. In my state, there are massive layoffs of healthcare workers happening as we speak, because of lack of revenue, due to the current low level of hospitalizations and cancelled elective surgeries, to prepare for this massive peak that appears to be very unlikely to happen. 

Edited by TeamAudra
2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Yes, the country can’t and won’t stay closed down until a vaccine is available. In the near future, we’re just going to have to beef up the ICUs (already happening), stop shaking hands, isolate the vulnerable, wear face masks, etc. Regardless of what we do, we’re not going to be able to save every life. Tens of thousands of Americans die of the flu every year, and as long as the health care system is able to manage that load, nobody gives a sh*t. In my state, there are massive layoffs of healthcare workers happening as we speak, because of lack of revenue, due to the current low level of hospitalizations and cancelled elective surgeries, to prepare for this massive peak that appears to be very unlikely to happen. 

We (as a country) don't have enough masks, gowns, or ventilators. Covid-19 is both more deadly, and more contagious then the flu. If we don't have vaccines, herd immunity, or a treatment, we can't keep the ER's from filling up, and many people from dying, who would otherwise not die (including btw Dr's and nurses). The whole point of the social distancing is to push off the surge and make it flatter, so I'm sorry it's working? 

I'm curious how many people need to die to make it worth it to you to have things shut down. 

3 minutes ago, seak05 said:

We (as a country) don't have enough masks, gowns, or ventilators. Covid-19 is both more deadly, and more contagious then the flu. If we don't have vaccines, herd immunity, or a treatment, we can't keep the ER's from filling up, and many people from dying, who would otherwise not die (including btw Dr's and nurses). The whole point of the social distancing is to push off the surge and make it flatter, so I'm sorry it's working? 

I'm curious how many people need to die to make it worth it to you to have things shut down. 

We have 355 ICU beds available in MN. 40 are currently occupied, and there doesn’t seem to be evidence that we’re in for some massive peak. 

Do you propose a shutdown of our economy until we get a vaccine? You didn’t specify, but that seems to be what you’re suggesting. 

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

We have 355 ICU beds available in MN. 40 are currently occupied, and there doesn’t seem to be evidence that we’re in for some massive peak. 

Do you propose a shutdown of our economy until we get a vaccine? You didn’t specify, but that seems to be what you’re suggesting. 

You seem to be operating under the idea that Minnesota is some separate area, which doesn't interact with the rest of the country. Hey you're right maybe it won't ever get bad in Minn like it has in Detroit, or other places (outside of NY), doubtful but sure. 

On the other hand Sweden hasn't done anything and has seen an 80% increase in deaths, so yeah I'd prefer not to try that way of handling it. 

So I'm asking what is the number of deaths that is acceptable to you, in order to have the economy (and btw you're not going to get the economy back, because the rest of us would prefer not to get it, and therefore still aren't going to go out, regardless of if we have a shelter in place or not). 

9 minutes ago, seak05 said:

You seem to be operating under the idea that Minnesota is some separate area, which doesn't interact with the rest of the country. Hey you're right maybe it won't ever get bad in Minn like it has in Detroit, or other places (outside of NY), doubtful but sure. 

On the other hand Sweden hasn't done anything and has seen an 80% increase in deaths, so yeah I'd prefer not to try that way of handling it. 

So I'm asking what is the number of deaths that is acceptable to you, in order to have the economy (and btw you're not going to get the economy back, because the rest of us would prefer not to get it, and therefore still aren't going to go out, regardless of if we have a shelter in place or not). 

Did you know 80K died in the US of influenza over the last two years? Are you OK with those deaths? Why didn’t we have a stay at home order to protect those people? 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

Do you understand the ramifications of leaving our economy shut down for months? Do you think that would improve the quality of health care in the US? I won’t even get into suicides, drug abuse, child abuse, etc. It’s not a pretty picture. 

I’m really curious what you think we should do, going forward? Wait for a vaccine? 

Edited by TeamAudra
9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Did you know 80K died in the US of influenza over the last two years? Are you OK with those deaths? Why didn’t we have a stay at home order to protect those people? 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

Do you understand the ramifications of leaving our economy shut down for months? Do you think that would improve the quality of health care in the US? I won’t even get into suicides, drug abuse, child abuse, etc. It’s not a pretty picture. 

I’m really curious what you think we should do, going forward? Wait for a vaccine? 

Unless people are ok with people dying, you can say we need to re-start the economy all you want, but it's not going to happen. You also realize the difference between 80k and 3 million? And we have both a vaccine, and treatment, and enough hospital capacity for the flu. Until we have a easy rapid testing, nothing can, and should open. 

But since you seem to believe the economy will magically be fine if we just lift stay at home order, except for deaths for covid-19, I'm curious what you believe an acceptable cost is per death? Shutting down the economy saves lives, but you seem to think the economy is more important then the potential lives saved, so I'm curious what each life if worth to you? 

(meanwhile, maybe Minn can ship some of those excess ventilators and Dr's off to somewhere who needs it, and include some of your apparently excess surgical ppe that's just sitting around too)

7 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Unless people are ok with people dying, you can say we need to re-start the economy all you want, but it's not going to happen. You also realize the difference between 80k and 3 million? And we have both a vaccine, and treatment, and enough hospital capacity for the flu. Until we have a easy rapid testing, nothing can, and should open. 

But since you seem to believe the economy will magically be fine if we just lift stay at home order, except for deaths for covid-19, I'm curious what you believe an acceptable cost is per death? Shutting down the economy saves lives, but you seem to think the economy is more important then the potential lives saved, so I'm curious what each life if worth to you? 

(meanwhile, maybe Minn can ship some of those excess ventilators and Dr's off to somewhere who needs it, and include some of your apparently excess surgical ppe that's just sitting around too)

That’s not happening. Every governor (including mine) is jacking up projections to try to get as much PPE and as many ventilators as possible, and they aren’t giving them up, unless they’re 100% certain they won’t need them. 

You still didn’t answer my question. Should we stay shut down until we have a vaccine? You and I both know waiting a year or so is not a practical solution, unless you have a radical view on the situation. 

Edited by TeamAudra

USA is currently at no.1 with 279,500 cases and 7457 deaths.

I won't mind if they postpone the live playoffs and the live shows for goodness sake. 

Edited by Nezz
16 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s not happening. Every governor (including mine) is jacking up projections to try to get as much PPE and as many ventilators as possible, and they aren’t giving them up, unless they’re 100% certain they won’t need them. 

You still didn’t answer my question. Should we stay shut down until we have a vaccine? You and I both know waiting a year or so is not a practical solution, unless you have a radical view on the situation. 

The peak is expected to be mid April. 

Stay shut down until the end of April and practice social distancing after that.  That way hospitals have enough resources for the patients they do get. 

10 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

The peak is expected to be mid April. 

Stay shut down until the end of April and practice social distancing after that.  That way hospitals have enough resources for the patients they do get. 

That’s exactly my view, but I’m not optimistic that it will play out that way. There are many things we can do to protect ourselves and others, without being being stuck in our homes. Also, many can still work at home, and be just as productive. I’m definitely not advocating business as usual starting May 1st. 

Edited by TeamAudra
53 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s exactly my view, but I’m not optimistic that it will play out that way. There are many things we can do to protect ourselves and others, without being being stuck in our homes. Also, many can still work at home, and be just as productive. I’m definitely not advocating business as usual starting May 1st. 

I am sorry you are having so much difficulty with this, and while I attempted to give you an answer earlier I will try again here. For a variety of medical reasons, the flu is a bad comparison, and unhelpful. I am also happy that it is not as serious in Minnesota as it is in NY, Louisiana, or many other areas of the country. Currently Minnesota has sent EMT's to NY, and the state of Washington is sending ventilators. So yes states are trying to help each other out. As to the coronavirus the answer is complex, and involves legality, psychology and of course what area of life you are talking about. 

1) Large scale events with big crowds: concerts, pro sporting events with fans, TV shows with audiences, probably will not happen again until we have either a vaccine or successful medical treatment. Gov Newsome in California made this same statement today in regards to NFL crowds. The risks from a large group of individuals congregating in one area and then dispersing to many other places is just to high (note schools probably fall into this category, at least colleges, but for other societal reasons PS will try to re-open asap)

2) Once the initial surge has passed, and we have widespread, rapid testing, and quarantine/isolation procedures you should see other areas start to return. TV shows that don't require large numbers of individuals, especially in close quarters, non-contact sports like mlb and golf. You may also see a re-organization, where say elective surgeries are performed at separate buildings from ERs

Regardless of when regulations are lifted though, that does not mean things will return to normal. People still have to want to go out into crowds, into bars, and restaurants. Even if all the rules were lifted tomorrow you would still see a number of individuals choosing to stay home, or practice social distancing, and you would still see a significant economic impact. It's not as simple as saying you are allowed to go do things. It's probably also useful to keep in mind that sports were all cancelled, as well as many concerts, prior to government intervention. 

As a good indicator of where we might be heading or timelines, it is probably useful to look at both South Korea and Germany. Both countries had a more organized/earlier response to the virus, and therefore have been hit less hard then the United States. South Korea in particular seems to have already handled its early surge. There baseball teams are starting to practice, but it looks like the basketball season will be cancelled. They have also managed to mostly control the number of new cases from sky rocketing, without shutting everything down. 

I hope this helps you to understand what the next several months are going to look like, and at least somewhat come to peace with it. As we have now derailed this thread, this will also be my last public reply on the matter. Hope you are doing ok, and staying safe. 

I just literally said I’m not advocating business as usual on May 1st. I fully understand that it’s not like flipping a switch. Some people will be hiding in their homes until the vaccine comes out, which probably explains the toilet paper hoarding. Nobody is going to force them to be around other people, and frankly, some of them shouldn’t. Sooner, rather than later, the economy needs to be opened back up. Otherwise, the damage will be irreversible. 

Edited by TeamAudra

"The solution cannot be worse than the problem."

We need to be cautious but at the rate were going there will be nothing left for the unaffected or recovered to come back to.