Jump to content

COVID-19 Discussion 😷

Rate this topic


istersay
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, QueenKalie said:

I've heard of people getting it twice. I dont think its common but it has definitely happened.

 

Maybe, but there can be false positives too, so who knows. Either way, I decided it was a good idea to get the vaccine now, just in case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

 

Maybe, but there can be false positives too, so who knows. Either way, I decided it was a good idea to get the vaccine now, just in case. 

Yeah it's still a good idea imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah it's still a good idea imo. 


Yeah, plus I’m around elderly people quite often, though my job. I don’t ask them if they’ve been vaccinated, but they ask me. It was time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Yeah, plus I’m around elderly people quite often, though my job. I don’t ask them if they’ve been vaccinated, but they ask me. It was time. 

Oh yeah you wouldn't wanna give it to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2021 at 9:54 PM, TeamAudra said:

 

Maybe, but there can be false positives too, so who knows. Either way, I decided it was a good idea to get the vaccine now, just in case. 

Yeah, I work 1:1 with families in homes and "have you gotten the vaccine yet" has been pretty much the only topic of conversation since February lol.

I do have a coworker who got COVID twice. Once early on in March/April 2020 (the first case at our office) and again in November. Hard both times and he said it was worse the second time. He's fully vaccinated now because he said he refuses to go through it a third time and by some miracle he made it through both shots almost symptom-free.

 

It's bizarre hearing the stories from people who have had it because the symptoms are so broad. I have another coworker who got COVID in December, got the shot in March, and was out for 4 days because it made him feel like he got it again (he says he got the vaccine waaaay too soon after). Another got COVID in November, only had it somewhat bad, but now she has an inhaler and says she still can't taste anything and there's a persistent underlying rotten smell to everything now. These two are in their 20's, the guy who got it twice is in his 50's.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Yeah, I work 1:1 with families in homes and "have you gotten the vaccine yet" has been pretty much the only topic of conversation since February lol.

I do have a coworker who got COVID twice. Once early on in March/April 2020 (the first case at our office) and again in November. Hard both times and he said it was worse the second time. He's fully vaccinated now because he said he refuses to go through it a third time and by some miracle he made it through both shots almost symptom-free.

 

It's bizarre hearing the stories from people who have had it because the symptoms are so broad. I have another coworker who got COVID in December, got the shot in March, and was out for 4 days because it made him feel like he got it again (he says he got the vaccine waaaay too soon after). Another got COVID in November, only had it somewhat bad, but now she has an inhaler and says she still can't taste anything and there's a persistent underlying rotten smell to everything now. These two are in their 20's, the guy who got it twice is in his 50's.


Same. And when they need what I sell, it can’t wait, and I have to go in their house. It was an interesting year.  I deal with a wide variety of people.  My customers love talking about masks, vaccines, covid, and all of the politics around it. I just keep my mouth shut and smile. LOL Some of them were very nervous about having people in their house, but I learned how to handle it. Now, some of those same people are reaching out to shake my hand, because they’ve been vaccinated. 
 

I haven’t had any negative effects from the first dose, other than a sore arm for a couple days, and it wasn’t even that bad. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Someone648 said:

It's bizarre hearing the stories from people who have had it because the symptoms are so broad. I have another coworker who got COVID in December, got the shot in March, and was out for 4 days because it made him feel like he got it again (he says he got the vaccine waaaay too soon after). Another got COVID in November, only had it somewhat bad, but now she has an inhaler and says she still can't taste anything and there's a persistent underlying rotten smell to everything now. These two are in their 20's, the guy who got it twice is in his 50's.

 

It does vary for everyone, but generally, of the people I know, the ones who've gotten the virus later on in the pandemic seem to have gotten it a lot worse than the ones who got it earlier. Only knew a few people who got it in 2020, and they were mostly mild cases. This winter and spring, my region had lots of the variants from the UK and Brazil, and I know a bunch of younger people who've gotten really sick from them, especially the P.1.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:


Same. And when they need what I sell, it can’t wait, and I have to go in their house. It was an interesting year.  I deal with a wide variety of people.  My customers love talking about masks, vaccines, covid, and all of the politics around it. I just keep my mouth shut and smile. LOL Some of them were very nervous about having people in their house, but I learned how to handle it. Now, some of those same people are reaching out to shake my hand, because they’ve been vaccinated. 
 

I haven’t had any negative effects from the first dose, other than a sore arm for a couple days, and it wasn’t even that bad. 

Glad you didn't have anything too tough. In my case, I had a regular sore arm for like 2 days after the first but I felt virtually no arm pain after the second dose - just like 3 hours of fatigue that I slept through the next day. Hoping your second dose doesn't give you any nasty side effects!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Glad you didn't have anything too tough. In my case, I had a regular sore arm for like 2 days after the first but I felt virtually no arm pain after the second dose - just like 3 hours of fatigue that I slept through the next day. Hoping your second dose doesn't give you any nasty side effects!


That’s why I’m going to get the second dose late on a Friday afternoon. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys, what's with the border still being closed even if you're fully vaccinated in Summer 2021? Do you think the guidance is going to change soon? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here’s an amazing stat. 4.3 million people have been tested for covid in Minnesota. Just to be clear, this is not the number of tests...the number of PEOPLE. The number of tests exceeds 10 million. The population of the state is 5.64 million. The number of positive tests is 603K. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone have thoughts on the resurgence of the lab leak theory? I'm not one of these people banging the drum for it--either is possible and we'll probably never know--but it does matter. Combined with new reporting on this virology research and the U.S. conflicts of interest with it, Fauci's dismissiveness of it and immediate insistence on the bat theory in his emails seem wreckless and generally odd of a scientist you kind of expect to be curious and open to theories. If the lab leak theory picks up any more steam, imo this is going to become a really ugly scandal.

 

16 hours ago, Drew said:

Guys, what's with the border still being closed even if you're fully vaccinated in Summer 2021? Do you think the guidance is going to change soon? 

 

Probably July. We know the holdup is on our end. The Canadian government hasn't announced a date yet, but Trudeau has set a specific vaccination targets he wants Canada to meet before it re-opens the border. We will probably hit those targets by the time the current border agreement expires on June 21. They could start announcing phases at that point. For this summer, you'll probably need to at least tell a border agent you're fully vaccinated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RWG said:

Does anyone have thoughts on the resurgence of the lab leak theory? I'm not one of these people banging the drum for it--either is possible and we'll probably never know--but it does matter. Combined with new reporting on this virology research and the U.S. conflicts of interest with it, Fauci's dismissiveness of it and immediate insistence on the bat theory in his emails seem wreckless and generally odd of a scientist you kind of expect to be curious and open to theories. If the lab leak theory picks up any more steam, imo this is going to become a really ugly scandal.

 

 

Probably July. We know the holdup is on our end. The Canadian government hasn't announced a date yet, but Trudeau has set a specific vaccination targets he wants Canada to meet before it re-opens the border. We will probably hit those targets by the time the current border agreement expires on June 21. They could start announcing phases at that point. For this summer, you'll probably need to at least tell a border agent you're fully vaccinated.

Ah okay! Set to go on vacation up into northern Maine in late July. Fingers crossed! I’ve never been and have a passport that expires in two years. Would be exciting! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...