DWTS International Rankdown

3 hours ago, *Amanda said:

If no one wants to volunteer as a 5th ranker, I will make it work with 4 people and would use the same format I did in this past cycle where the three rankers who cut each round vote to save one of the last two remaining nominees. 

What do you think? @*Chris @*Lily @Stephhyy @*Wallace

I am happy to do either, just want to finish this game

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"ugh first? 😐  Why does the Randomizer hate me? GAH, okay, nominations will be up sometime tonight once I figure out what to do with this information."   There, @*Wallace, I saved you the tr

For the trainwreck lovers, I am adding in this guy.        

Sorry for the delay everyone!   I have reached out to Richard on twitter. Once I find out whether or not he is able to continue on in this, I will figure out a plan to move forward. Hopefull

Posted Images

On 9/13/2020 at 9:09 PM, *Amanda said:

Ok, I talked to Richard and he said he won’t be able to continue on. 

If @DWTSFan2001 still wants to join as the 5th ranker, we can get this going again this week. 

5 hours ago, *Amanda said:

If no one wants to volunteer as a 5th ranker, I will make it work with 4 people and would use the same format I did in this past cycle where the three rankers who cut each round vote to save one of the last two remaining nominees. 

What do you think? @*Chris @*Lily @Stephhyy @*Wallace

I'm fine with either of these options. I'd love a 5th ranker in the mix but if that can't happen then I'm fine with 4.

Okay, my plan is to run the next cycle with 4 rankers using the vote to save method I introduced last cycle. If someone volunteers to fill Richard's spot, they will join the rankdown when the next cycle is over.

Info on the new cycle coming tomorrow. (!) 

• Like 1

CYCLE 7: AN EXTRA ROUND

FOKm.gif

For this next cycle, we are going to compensate for losing our 5th ranker in numerous ways. The first way is that we will continue the vote to save between the 2 remaining celebs during each round after all three rankers have made their cut and save. The other way is that there will be a fifth nomination round where the nominations are decided by the group of rankers and all cuts and saves will be made from those nominations.

In addition, since we have reached the halfway point, immunities are over with. That means, any celeb is fair game for nominations unless they were saved in the previous round to your nominations.

THE RULES

1. When it is their turn each ranker will nominate 8 celebrities.

2. On a first come, first serve basis, the remaining 3 rankers will cut and save 1 celeb each.

3. You have 30 minutes from your initial cut post to produce a 100-word write-up in order for the cut to be valid. After 30 minutes are up, the celebs will be up for grabs again.

4. After all 3 cuts have been made, the three rankers will vote to save one celeb. The celeb with the least amount of votes will be cut and the nominator is responsible for their write-up.

5. During the group nomination round, each ranker will PM me 2 celebs for nominations and all 4 of you will cut and save from that pool of nominees.

6. You cannot nominate any celebs saved in the round right before yours.

7. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING OF YOUR INITIAL CUT/SAVE POST FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. If you need to fix something, quote it in a new post with the change.

8. You have 24 hours to make your cut/save. I WILL start enforcing this rule much more strictly so we can actually finish the rankdown. If you need an extension, please ask me. Otherwise, the nominator gets to stage a takeover when 24 hours have passed.

NOMINATION ORDER

63DNMM9.png

1. @*Lily

2. @Stephhyy

3. Group Nominations

4. @*Wallace

5. @*Chris

Immune for Lily's Round:

Saara Alto

Davood Ghadami

Toby Allen

Jana Pallaske

Lily is free to nominate whenever she's ready!

• Like 1

Danny John-Jules

PRI_163251965.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&z

Danny John-Jules is an actor, who participated on Strictly Come Dancing Series 16 in 2018 where he was partnered with Amy Dowden. Danny lasted 8 weeks placing 9th place. I was debating on whether to cut someone I didn’t know or someone that I did know very well/followed their journey, and as a big Strictly watcher, I went with the latter. Ooh Danny, he is a really interesting contestant for me. On paper, Danny has a lot of the makings for someone that I should root for. He’s an older black man and a ringer with past dance experience. I felt like he had a lot of high expectations going into the season, and was viewed as the male Debbie McGee when he was casted. Sadly, Danny’s run as a whole was underwhelming and not as strong as I was expecting. 

Week 1: Foxtrot to “Top Cat Theme” scoring a 27 (6/7/7/7)

Week 2: Cha-Cha to “Beggin” scoring a 28 (7/7/7/7)

Week 3: Paso Doble to “The Greatest Show” scoring a 28 (6/7/7/8)

Week 4: Viennese Waltz to “I’ve Gotta Be Me” scoring a 27 (6/7/7/7)

Week 5: Jive to “Flip, Flop and Fly” scoring a 37 (9/10/9/9)

Week 6: American Smooth to “Spirit in the Sky” scoring a 30 (6/8/7/9)

Week 7: Quickstep to “Freedom” scoring a 27 (4/6/5/7)

Week 8: Samba to “Feels Like Home” scoring a 27 (6/7/7/7)

I felt Danny had a stiffness and static quality to his dancing where it felt very stop-and-go and jerky and didn’t really flow. I felt this with a few of his dances such as his Cha-Cha, Paso Doble and Samba. Danny did have a number of ups and downs on his journey, as listed above. I did find his Viennese Waltz very good, underscored and felt that deserved a few 8’s. That was my 2nd favorite of his. But Danny deserves absolute credit and praise for that Jive! He delivered an amazing and outstanding Jive that was easily the best dance of his run. It was also such a surprising moment how Danny got the first 10 of the season over IDF It Girls Ashley Roberts and Faye Tozer. Danny’s American Smooth getting all different scores from the judges is something that always cracks me up - although that dance was more of a 7 for me. Sadly, Danny sufferers a dance disaster with his Quickstep where he made one wrong step at the start of the dance and then that threw him off his game, to make multiple mistakes and he never got his proper footing back in the dance. Then he delivered a meh Samba and got eliminated.

Another thing that made it tough to warm up to Danny was his partnership with Amy. Danny came across kind cold and thinking highly of himself (not sure of the right word to say). There were a lot of negative stories in the British papers about their partnership and him treating Amy rudely and disrespectfully. I remember it was such a big thing that they briefly addressed it on Strictly: It Takes Two, where they said it was just a short moment of disagreement between them and they got on after that. I’m not sure if it was a case of the press completely blowing this story up or Danny & Amy downplaying it. I want to say it’s the former since, the British press can be really cruel and juice up stories. But after their elimination, Danny skipped his & Amy’s Strictly: It Takes Two elimination interview, where Amy did the interview all alone. It was so awkward and not a good look. So all of this has me feeling kinda awkward about Danny, honestly. Its a shame the show wasn’t a great experience for him. :( But I did find a recent article where he addressed the rumors.

The Red Dwarf star was believed at the time to have fallen out with crewmembers and his pro dance partner backstage before being eliminated, placing seventh overall in the competition.  

But speaking about his time on the show with online series Strictly Speaking, Danny maintains to this day that it’s not the case.  

However, he added that the reasons behind a ‘disagreement’ came down largely to Amy getting an injury, which was hidden from camera, and he was then penalised for. 

He said: ‘There was no fight. There was one difference of opinion in six weeks. One difference of opinion.  

‘I’ll tell you exactly how that difference of opinion came, it was very simple. For two weeks I didn’t have my partner because she had an injured leg.  

‘No one knows because they don’t put that, the one thing they keep away from the public is injuries.’”

Link: https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/03/danny-john-jules-claims-truth-of-strictly-come-dancing-fallout-with-amy-dowden-was-hidden-from-cameras-13220681/

Ah this is all so interesting. So Amy had an injury that prevented her from teaching and dancing with him properly and Danny had to learn the routines from someone else. That could explain why his dances didn’t always work out. I will close this out with some of Danny’s dances.

Saving: Ashley Taylor Dawson

EssentialRashCooter-size_restricted.gif

They were just a messy partnership. He came off stroppy but I think he got unfairly slandered by the press. I never warmed to Amy either and based on her series with Karim, I have to wonder if Danny may have done a skosh better with another pro (e.g. Oti) as both Danny & Karim seemed to have the issue of dancing in their own styles rather than dancing like proper ballroom/latin dancers, they just couldn't break out of their previous styles that they'd been trained in before.

17 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

They were just a messy partnership. He came off stroppy but I think he got unfairly slandered by the press. I never warmed to Amy either and based on her series with Karim, I have to wonder if Danny may have done a skosh better with another pro (e.g. Oti) as both Danny & Karim seemed to have the issue of dancing in their own styles rather than dancing like proper ballroom/latin dancers, they just couldn't break out of their previous styles that they'd been trained in before.

Agreed completely with all of your comments on Danny and the partnership with Amy. It was just.... awkward on all counts. I do disagree with Karim because i thought he had a really amazing run and delivered some real top notch dances on his run. He did have a few off/iffy dances but I thought he transitioned well dancing ballroom/Latin. 

220px-%D0%9D%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%

Natalia Mogilevskaya is a singer, actress, producer & TV presenter from the Ukraine. And as you can expect, she was a celebrity on the Ukrainian version of Dancing With The Stars during its 5th season. She was partnered with Ihor Kuzmenko where she positioned herself as a contender from the start as she scored a 26 for her first dance. She received a near perfect score during the 3rd week of competition where she danced a foxtrot to receive a score of 29. She was unable to live up to the expectations after that dance as her score didn't measure up to 29 - she even received a score of 19 during Week 7. However, she improved for the remainder of the competition where she received a grand total of 90 at the finale. They ended the competition with an overall average of 26.6 behind another celebrity; and they ended up winning it all.  Unfortunately for her, she is unable to win this rankdown and she is leaving.

SAVING: KELLIE BRIGHT

James Jordan

Dancing On Ice viewers feel 'cheated' after James Jordan's performance |  Entertainment | Heat

James Jordan is a professional dancer on Strictly Come Dancing (don't know if he is on it anymore, but anyway). He was on series 11 of Dancing on Ice partnering Alexandra Schauman. They won the series and recieved the highest average on the show. I haven't watched anything on Dancing On Ice, but given his status as a ballroom dancer, he was probably deemed to do well on the show, particularly on the partnering side of things. (anyone who has watched his season can back me up on this). I did watch his second skate on the semi final and it was okay, partnering was good. I want to cut him as I feel like he had an unfair advantage over the rest of the contestants that season and from what I have heard, his attitude on Strictly Come Dancing wasn't that great.

SAVE: Grant Denyer