Saving Mollie King

Eliminated: 

Jess Quinn

Maytê Piragibe

Clinton Randell

Matt Dawson

Each of you must do a write-up. (!) 

4 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Ahh I feel like I'm dragging her quite far and saving her a LOT... but she's actually the one I like most here so I'm gonna have to do it again. :lmao: Saving Emma Weymouth.

Lily's iconic 7th time saving Emma Weymouth. :wub:  :giggle: 

I'm exaggerating but I do wonder how many times you've saved her. :haha: 

I'll take the Matt write-up I guess since he was one of my noms.

Just now, *Wallace said:

Lily's iconic 7th time saving Emma Weymouth. :wub:  :giggle: 

I'm exaggerating but I do wonder how many times you've saved her. :haha: 

:dead: I wouldn't be surprised if it's getting near to that many times now. :haha: :wub:

• Haha 1

I’ll take Maytê Piragibe

9 minutes ago, *Lily said:

:dead: I wouldn't be surprised if it's getting near to that many times now. :haha: :wub:

:dead: 

I don't have a preference on which write-up to do so if others have any preferences feel free to do so.

*lol says that as Chris claims a write-up*

Matt Dawson

f43bea6d7c74f165cae1699fe26a7221.jpg

I had actually toyed with the idea of saving Matt even though he was one of my noms... I did actually like him well enough, but I feel like he's one of the less memorable/strong contestants remaining now and so he's a fair cut at this point. Matt was on Series 4, where he danced with Lilia, the reigning champion. He kinda had a bit of a similar trajectory to the previous winner, Darren Gough - he started out pretty rough, but grew in his technique over the season. Ballroom was his strong point particularly with dances such as the Waltz, and the American Smooth. Reasonably speaking he should have finished at fourth, because the group of Mark, Emma and Louisa were the strongest overall that season. However Louisa kinda fell behind the pack leading up to her elimination, and Emma was robbed at the top three! Matt has gone on to do a lot of television work and Strictly definitely would have helped that. I like him well enough, but I think he's a fair cut here.

23 hours ago, *Lily said:

Emma was robbed at the top three!

She sure was! No idea why she didn't get the votes - she has to be one of, if not the most famous celebs to do the show? Always liked her, was bummed when she pulled out of judging DWTS last season.

As for Matt - I honestly can't remember much of him. The 30-something male athletes all blend together for me. Good on him for really improving and it seems like Lilia was clearly a great teacher taking both him & Darren to the final.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

She sure was! No idea why she didn't get the votes - she has to be one of, if not the most famous celebs to do the show? Always liked her, was bummed when she pulled out of judging DWTS last season.

As for Matt - I honestly can't remember much of him. The 30-something male athletes all blend together for me. Good on him for really improving and it seems like Lilia was clearly a great teacher taking both him & Darren to the final.

Agreed with this. Matt did have a nice journey (everyone's favorite word) and growth on the show. He produced some nice ballroom routines namely his Waltz. But Mark was always the superior athlete and Emma def deserved to be in the Final 2.

Gonna look into a bit more into Clinton and Jess to see who to write about.

Randomizer has told me to do Clinton's write-up soo I will be doing his write-up now. (!) 

Clinton Randell

DWTS_CLINTON-RANDELL-ANNOUNCE_1120.jpg

I haven’t gotten to watch Dancing with the Stars New Zealand although that is a series I would be see more of in the future if I ever get the chance to watch it. Jess Quinn and Clinton Randell are both DWTSNZ contestants and they are both 3rd placers too but Clinton came up on Randomizer first so I’ll take on his write-up now.

Clinton Randell is a radio presenter known for presenting on The Edge (which is a youth  oriented radio station). He participated on Dancing with the Stars New Zealand Series 8, where he was partnered with Brittany Coleman and they finished at 3rd place. But a fun fact way before Clinton took on DWTSNZ, he was a contestant on New Zealand Idol Season 3 in where he finished 8th place in 2006. But back to his time on DWTSNZ, I will breakdown his journey below.

Week 1: Quickstep to “Freedom” scoring a 23 (7/8/8)

Week 2: Viennese Waltz to “You Are the Reason” scoring a 25 (8/9/8)

Week 3: Jive to “When You’re Looking Like That” scoring a 23 (8/8/7)

Week 4: Salsa to “Yeah!” scoring a 22 (7/8/7)

Week 5: Cha-Cha to “It’s Raining Men” scoring a 24 (8/8/8)

Week 6: Paso Doble to “Enter Sandman” scoring a 25 (8/8/9)

Week 7: Contemporary to “Tiny Dancer” scoring a 25 (9/8/8)

Week 8: Argentine Tango (with Season 6 alum Shane Cameron) to “bad guy” scoring a 27 (9/9/9)

Week 9: Waltz to “Skyfall” scoring a 28 (10/9/9) / Cha-Cha to “Timber” scoring a 27 (9/9/9)

Week 10: Quickstep to “Freedom” scoring a 30 (10/10/10)

Clinton finished 3rd but had the 2nd highest average behind runner-up Laura Daniel. Clinton seemed like a solid and strong dancer this season as he topped the leaderboard the first two weeks. I would post some of his dances except…..they are not on Youtube. I thought they would have been so now i am looking like Boo Boo the Fool Fool. :dead: While i have run across a ton of Jess Quinn’s dances. #oops. But well done to Clinton Randell making it to the Top 200 portion of the game!

4 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

I still need write-ups for Mayte & Jess! (!) 

@*Chris @Stephhyy

Sorry! got sidetracked, will do my best to have it in sooner than later - most of it is already done from when I watched her performances :haha:

Posted (edited)

MAYTE PIRAGIBE

2139232-mayte-piragibe-venceu-a-primeira-edicao-650x488-2.jpg

Maytê Piragibe is a Brazilian actress - she does not seem to have a lot of credits to her filmography but enough recognition to appear on the first season of Dancing Brasil. On Dancing Brasil, she was partnered with Paulo Victor Souza who is incredibly handsome. On the series, they danced a total of 18 dances if my math is correct - they made it all the way to the finale where they were crowned the winner of the first season. If I am being honest, I don't think there was anything special about her or her dancing - she wasn't my favourite of the series from what I've seen, so I am glad Leo is the winner of the series in this rankdown.

And now here are some of my quick thoughts of her dances that I took down while watching her routines, a while back:

• Rumba: I thought this routine as beautifully danced & her lines were great. But what I thought really made this routine standout was the sensuality of the routine, and the connection between Maytê & Paulo. 
  • Zouk: Not a dance that I am super familiar with but I thought that her movements didn't come naturally - it felt like a bit of a mess, for me. 
  • Jive: I felt it was missing some elements that a Jive normally require, but it was a super fun routine.
  • Samba: This was amazing - exactly what I expected from it.
  • Charleston: A fun routine but I'm used to stronger Charleston than this one so it left me wanting more.
  • Tango: She danced 2 tangos during her time in the competition, and both were some of my favourite routines of hers.

Here some of her routines:

Edited by *Chris

Sorry, I have been busy the past couple of weeks, trying to move and sort stuff out, but will try to get this write up down soon (within the next hour.

Jess Quinn

image.jpeg.17b85fd00cdd553887f47a63320c4455.jpeg

Jess Quinn is a Model and social media personality who appeared in the 7th season of Dancing with the Stars New Zealand. She was partnered with Jonny Williams, who has been a mainstay of the series for a while. The came in 3rd place with an average of 24.8.

I will recap her dances here:

• Week 1: Rumba to Faded by Alan Walker, scoring a 23 out of 30 (7, 8, 8).
  • Week 2: Quickstep to It Ain’t Me by Kygo feat Selena Gomez scoring a 23 out of 30 (7, 8, 8).
  • Week 3: Samba to Closer by Six60, scoring a 21 out of 30 (all 7’s).
  • Week 4: Cha-Cha-Cha to Senorita by Justin Timberlake, scoring a 24 out of 30 (7, 9, 8).
  • Week 5: Foxtrot to Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Ray, scoring a 24 out of 30 (all 8’s).
  • Week 6: Viennese Waltz with James Luck to Hallelujah by Pentatonix, scoring a 26 out of 30 (8, 9, 9).
  • Week 7: Paso Doble to Stronger by Kelly Clarkson, scoring a 22 out 30 (7, 8, 7).
  • Week 8: Contemporary to It Will Rain by Bruno Mars scoring a 24 out of 30 (all 8’s). She was also on Team Lean for the team dances and they scored a 24 out of 30 (all 8’s).
  • Week 9: Tango to Black or White by Michael Jackson, scoring a 25 out of 30 (8, 8, 9). She also did a Jive to I’m Still Standing by Elton John, scoring a 29 out of 30 (9, 10, 10).
  • Week 10: Showdance to Impossible by James Arthur scoring a 28 out of 30 (9, 9, 10) and redid her Cha-Cha-Cha to Senorita by Justin Timberlake, scoring a 29 out of 30 (9, 10, 10).

After watching some of her dances, I didn’t realise she lost her leg, due to cancer, but she did move really well. I honestly think, as I am from Australia, that I could have watched more of the New Zealand seasons, but I think this is a good spot for her to go out on as she is not that familiar with some of us.

All of her dances are on her youtube channel, which I will post here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2hh2awcLfyrQNzPibiPY0w

@*Wallace is next to nominate!

Remember, you must nominate 8 celebs. You cannot nominate those with immunity or those saved last round.

Shout out to Bea as I know she loves Maytê  & Paulo.

Oooh goshh I'm starting to struggle a bit with who to nominate. I got to think this through some.

Sorry for taking forever on these. The struggle is getting so real. :dead: 

Nominations:

Chris Bath

Charli Delaney

Angelina Kirsch

Pascal Hens

Manu Vatuvei

Penny Lancaster Stewart

Chris Hollins

Michelle Williams 

I'll have a cut/save in tomorrow. Not sure where to go with this. :haha: