idolforums.com
*Amanda

DWTS International Rankdown

Posted (edited)

Save Zoe

Cut Jade

Edited by *Lily

Jade Barbosa

lucasteodoro-jadebarbosa-dancingbrasil_71052beb24c63b5d2ad7d79b66b7d23cf452b6ff.jpeg

Jade Barbosa is an Olympic gymnast who appeared on the first season of Dancing Brasil, partnering with Lucas 'Teo' Teodoro. She did pretty well on the show and finished second! However, I wanted to save Zoe out of the remaining noms, and Jade ended up being against two winners, which helped me decide to cut her. I watched a few of her routines which first appeared when searching on YouTube so I'll break them down here!

I first watched her Rumba from Week 9. It was a really nice, emotional number which showcased her gymnastic background with some of the movements. Although I guess maybe this is one of the shows which is more lenient with lifts as there were a couple of them in here. It felt more Contemporary-like but still a nice number. I then watched her Cha-Cha from the following week-  the week seemed to be a festival theme, and it was a nice number but the song was a little low-tempo I thought and the dance kinda followed with that. Her movements were very clean and precise though. This scored a perfect 30 which surprised me a little, but still a good dance. The final dance I watched was a Quickstep, which was in Movie Week and she danced to "You're the One That I Want" from Grease. This was probably my favorite of the numbers of hers that I watched - we've seen a lot of Grease numbers and this lived up to them I thought. There was a good balance between quick and slow movements, and they incorporated the Grease movements well without making it feel too 'freestyle'. She scored 28 points, for this number.

Overall Jade seemed like a pretty strong performer and a good contender on the season!

Saving Zoe Lucker

Oooh wow Rachael and her pro Michael got married and have kids now? 😮 Awww that's really sweet and special. Although i thought she would have been more of a standout as I saw she was the 3rd highest scorer despite being 7th place.

Vote to Save:

Sammi El Gueddari - 

Maytê Piragibe - Wallace

Vote to Save:

Sammi El Gueddari - Stephhyy

Maytê Piragibe - Wallace

Vote to Save:

Sammi El Gueddari - Stephhyy

Maytê Piragibe - Wallace, Lily

Posted (edited)

Sammi El Gueddari has been eliminated.

Someone will need to do the write up before Wally can post his nominations.

Edited by *Amanda

I’ll do it tonight 

SAMI EL GUEDDARI

Sami El Gueddari is the reigning champion of "Danse avec les Stars" where he was partnered with Fauve Hautot who is a great professional and very loved. However, I never care for Sami's journey on Danse avec les stars - I didn't really care for the season as I thought it was mediocre, and once Clara was eliminated, I somewhat stopped watching. Anyway, Sami had everything to succeed on the show - as a Paralympian, he had the perfect inspirational storyline that the viewers love which I assume helped him greatly on the show. He was a decent dancer, but far from the best of the season and one of the weakest winner in my opinion. At the end of the season, they finished with an average of 34.2 points which is good. Here's some of his routines - their song choices was always on point. 

Good write-up on Sami there @*Chris :yes:  Those were nice dances from him. I think that means Clara wins for that season which I'm good with. :giggle: 

• Thanks 1

giphy.gif

Nominations:

Matt White

Libby Trickett

Clément Rémiens

Angelina Kirsch

Barbara Meier

Claire Sweeney

Letitia Dean

Jessica Taylor

Saving Clément Rémiens

Cutting Barbara Meier

Posted (edited)

I wasn't blown away by Sami's dancing, him winning just shows how poor the standard of DALS 2019 was. Clara was robbed, the others were all mediocre. Sami & Ladji were around what I expected. Elsa & Azize were huge disappointments dance-wise and I didn't even find either of them likeable nor did they have good chemistry with their partners (Denitsa really didn't seem to enjoy that season, she came across much happier with most of her other celebs and I got a vibe that they were a personality mismatch, the 13 year age gap also didn't help though she did get on well with Loïc & Clement).

Some of Fauve's choreo was too contemporary IMO, I sometimes wish she would stick more to "meat and potatoes" ballroom and latin steps and not all the extra stuff. Maybe finally getting a duffer at some point will make her do that.

Edited by DWTSFan2001
  • Like 2

Matt White

Dancing With The Stars 2009 | Daily Telegraph

Matt White is a news and sports presenter who appeared on Season 9 of Dancing with the Stars Australia. He was partnered with Ash-Leigh Hunter, where they placed 2nd. Even though he had the highest average of the season, I felt he was dragged by Ash-Leigh, for majority of his dances. I have a few dances that I liked, for example, his Waltz and his Freestyle (which was the best scored Freestyle btw), however I felt like there were other people who deserved to go further than him in his season (mind you Season 9 was one of the examples of why the audience shouldn't be allowed to vote in these competitions). I feel like this is a fair spot for him to go out on, as I know that he was just there.

SAVING Libby Trickett

• Like 1

Save Jessica and cut Letitia, I’ll try to get writeup in soon

Letitia Dean

Strictly07LetitiaDean129926_0-553x830.jpg

Letitia appeared on Series 5 of Strictly Come Dancing, where she was partnered with Darren Bennett. While she did ok on the show, she's someone who made it further because of her role in EastEnders, where she is one of the most known actresses from the show and so has a good following. Therefore she was never really at the same level as frontrunners such as Alesha, Matt, Gethin and Kelly, but she still did pretty good! The ballroom dances were definitely where she shined the most, getting her highest scores for dances such as the Waltz, the Foxtrot and the Viennese Waltz. Because of her inconsistency, I think this is a fair time to cut Letitia from the rankdown.

Saving Jessica Taylor

10 hours ago, Stephhyy said:

Matt White

Dancing With The Stars 2009 | Daily Telegraph

Matt White is a news and sports presenter who appeared on Season 9 of Dancing with the Stars Australia. He was partnered with Ash-Leigh Hunter, where they placed 2nd. Even though he had the highest average of the season, I felt he was dragged by Ash-Leigh, for majority of his dances. I have a few dances that I liked, for example, his Waltz and his Freestyle (which was the best scored Freestyle btw), however I felt like there were other people who deserved to go further than him in his season (mind you Season 9 was one of the examples of why the audience shouldn't be allowed to vote in these competitions). I feel like this is a fair spot for him to go out on, as I know that he was just there.

SAVING Libby Trickett

Still should have won his series though - the guy who won that year once earned a Master P level score of 9/30 in one of his dances!

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 3:36 PM, *Chris said:

Saving Clément Rémiens

Cutting Barbara Meier

Will do this shortly

26 minutes ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Still should have won his series though - the guy who won that year once earned a Master P level score of 9/30 in one of his dances!

Lol yeah I watched multiple dancers from the guy that won (Adam I think?).... and he was so bad. :lmao: Well not like Master P terrible but i think it was his Quickstep that got that low score. It was actually a fan dance but barely had any Quickstep content and what there was of it was sloppy.

Surprised that Matt White wasn't as good as his scores led on. I left him alone all this time because of that.

And to no surprise I agree with everything Lily said on Letitia. She's decent but wasn't as good as the frontrunners listed. I am kinda surprised she made it this far. :haha:  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

I don't think he should have won his series though, the person who got third, should have won. Matt got a 16/30 for one of his dances, so it's still below par in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, Stephhyy said:

I don't think he should have won his series though, the person who got third, should have won. Matt got a 16/30 for one of his dances, so it's still below par in my opinion.

I wouldn't judge his ability based on one dance though. 16 is nowhere near as bad as 9.

Adam was the only of the 3 finalists that year whose routines I've actually watched but I'd have been onboard with a Kylie win as I found it a shame that Carmello did 9 series and never had a single win.

• Like 1