idolforums.com
*Amanda

DWTS International Rankdown

1 hour ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

It would explain why she left. After the weak ratings of All-Stars, they needed to shake things up and I guess they saw it as a perfect opportunity to try out new pros. Anna T also got cut after S15 and I'm certain that she was cut because she finished in 11th place more times than she made the Top 5. Louis was also axed, and he was already kinda fading out at that point anyway, I don't think TPTB were very invested in him. They were replaced by Lindsay & Sharna who both ended up being very successful as pros. Emma became a pro shortly after and was also very successful. She would have probably been pro in S16 as well if Kym didn't return at the eleventh hour. 

Maks backed out quite late before that season, my guess is that he refused to partner Lisa for whatever reason (probably desperate for an MBT and he was never that good with weaker dancers anyway) so they called in Gleb.

Yes - Ray won DOI twice (his season and the All Stars). Very strong, even better than James Jordan! I didn't watch a whole lot of the show in his day (the whole show was too centered around Torvill & Dean) but have seen his performances on YouTube.

It would be nice to see a proper female ringer for once on DOI, pretty much all of the real standouts (Chris, Ray, James, Perri) were men.

You bring up a lot of great points I never really thought of before. And all of the Pros line-up changes they made. 😮 Very true on the Louis comments as he would often come  and go throughout his time on the show. Also didn't now all of this with Maks/Emma/Kym and all of this insight for S16. Thans for sharing.

Whoaa Ray was even better than James Jordan? 😮 I don't watch DOI but I thought James was like the best ice dancer due to him being a flipping professional ballroom dancer. :dead: 

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Ray was a huge ringer and nobody stood a chance against him in either season, even in All-Stars he was a ringer next to other strong skaters :haha: I struggled to ever really root for him though, I sometimes thought he came across kinda arrogant on the show. Super talented skater though.

So a James Jordan tea here. :giggle: Interesting insight on him an his seasons. I would like to see his dances sometime as I heard great things about him and I feel I would like him on there over his time on The X Factor. :haha: 

Ray also danced ballroom as a child. I would argue he was a much bigger ringer than James who was 40 (not old but more limited than a 20 year old and he did get quite badly injured on it) and hadn't been dancing professionally for a while.

4 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Ray also danced ballroom as a child. I would argue he was a much bigger ringer than James who was 40 (not old but more limited than a 20 year old and he did get quite badly injured on it) and hadn't been dancing professionally for a while.

Oooooohhhh that explains it. I had no idea Ray danced ballroom too. 😮  Cool to learn.

I have some free time tonight so I can take on the Ray write-up for Chris so he could just focus on his noms. :thumbs: 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

Oooooohhhh that explains it. I had no idea Ray danced ballroom too. 😮  Cool to learn.

I have some free time tonight so I can take on the Ray write-up for Chris so he could just focus on his noms. :thumbs: 

I’d like that, Wally.

Thanks - just been crazy few days with work and family visits.

47 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I’d like that, Wally.

Thanks - just been crazy few days with work and family visits.

No problem. :hug: Working on it now!

Ray Quinn

00022a58-1600.jpg

I will take on the Ray Quinn write-up as I know Chris has been really busy and this will help him out to focus on his noms sooo I can help out. 😘 Let’s discuss Ray Quinn.

Ray Quinn is a two-time Dancing on Ice contestant who competed on the 4th series & All-Stars (which was the 9th series) and not only that, but he is a two-time champion. I don’t think we can say about any other celebrity in this game so Ray will always have that. He was partnered with Maria Filippov on both series’. But before his time on this show Ray gained fame being the runner-up on The X Factor U.K. Series 3, where he lost to Leona Lewis. That’s where I know him best from. He was a fine and decent singer but wasn’t really my cup of tea there.  Let’s take a look at his Series 4 run.

Series 4 run:

Week 1: “MMMBop” scoring a 23.5 (4.5/5/4.5/4.5/5)

Week 3: “You Make It Real” scoring a 25 (5/5/5/5/5)

Week 4: “Smooth Criminal” scoring a 24 (5/5/4/5/5)

Week 5: “Canned Heat” scoring a 26.5 (5/5/5.5/5.5/5.5)

Week 6: “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now” scoring a 30 (6/6/6/6/6)

Week 7: “Rock Around the Clock” scoring a 29.5 (6/6/5.5/6/6)

Week 8: “Have You Met Miss Jones?” scoring a 26 (5.5/5/4.5/5.5/5.5)

Week 9: “Use Somebody” scoring a 28 (5.5/5.5/5.5/6/5.5)

Week 10: “Bailamos” scoring a 28 (5.5/6/5.5/5.5/5.5)

Week 11: “Greatest Day” scoring a 30 (6/6/6/6/6) / “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now” scoring a 30 (6/6/6/6/6)

Wow he topped the leaderboard every single week in this competition. :omg: But danggg these urges seem really strict with their scoring. Unless wait…. are a 6 the highest score a celeb got that series? I was expecting and waiting to see 8/9/10’s but they never came. Ray topped the votes on Week 1  but was 2nd and 3rd for a number of weeks - but he dominated and topped the last 3 weeks and ended up winning. Ooh I see Coleen Nolan topped the votes the weeks he did so she wash is biggest competitor on the popular vote - even though looks like she wasn’t that good. Let’s move onto his Series 9 run.

Series 9 (All-Stars) run:

Week 1: “Best Song Ever” scoring a 29.5 (7.5/7.5/7/7.5)

Week 3: “Blurred Lines” scoring a 35.5 (8.5/9/9/9)

Week 4: “Malagueña” scoring a 40 (10/10/10/10)

Week 5: “Dead Ringer for Love” against Suzanne & Matt - won all 4 judges votes

Week 6: “Jump” scoring a 39.5 (10/9.5/10/10)

Week 7: “Lego House” scoring a 40 (10/10/10/10)

Week 8: “Counting Stars” scoring a 39.5 (10/10/10/9.5) / “Kiss” scoring a 40 (10/10/10/10)

Week 9: “Arthur’s Theme” scoring a 37 (8.5/9.5/10/9) / “Let Her Go” scoring a 40 (10/10/10/10)

Week 10: “Surfin’ U.S.A.” scoring a 40 (10/10/10/10) / “Malagueña” scoring a 40 (10/10/10/10)

Ray had another amazing run this series here too. He nearly topped the leaderboard every week. He did so every week except for Week 9 where Hayley & Daniel topped the leaderboard. 😮 

I do feel bad seeing him go this soon as he seems and sounds like an amazing dancer. Lowkey I’m thinking I should have saved him but ugh that’s the downside of me not watching his series he was apart of. And I am pretty certain I would like him more on than on The X Factor U.K. :giggle: I already feel amazed going through his run. I will close this out with some gifs of Ray from the show and some of his dances (which I did watch some of and they are really good).

RegalRecentCopperhead-size_restricted.gi

tumblr_pegf79AHS01w1fx2io1_500.gifv

tumblr_n21agz3Jqi1qcxa02o3_250.gifvtumblr_n21agz3Jqi1qcxa02o8_250.gifv

tumblr_perkbwtv041w1fx2io1_500.gifv

• Like 1

I will update the front page later, but @*Wallace is free to nominate now.

Remember, no nominating those immune or those saved last round.

On 6/11/2020 at 1:30 PM, *Amanda said:

CYCLE 6: DOUBLE THE NOMINATION ROUNDS

For this cycle, each of you will have two different nomination rounds. For each round, you will nominate 8 celebs and 4 will leave.

NOMINATION ORDER

QJwz7Tv.png

1. @Stephhyy

2. @*Lily

3. @rpryor03

4. @*Chris

5. @*Wallace

6. @rpryor03

7. @*Wallace

8. @Stephhyy

9. @*Chris

10. @*Lily

It should be @*Chris turn to nominate as we finished Richard's first nomination round. 😮 

I’ll have them in tomorrow! 

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

It should be @*Chris turn to nominate as we finished Richard's first nomination round. 😮 

Thanks for the correction! It’s been so long that I forgot the nomination order. :dead: 

14 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Thanks for the correction! It’s been so long that I forgot the nomination order. :dead: 

LMAOO I don't blame you. :dead:  :lmao:  

Amanda, do I still nominate 8 acts? 

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

Amanda, do I still nominate 8 acts? 

Yes!

After Lily, Wally & Stephy all make their cuts, they'll each vote to save one of the two remaining celebs.

• Thanks 1

Nominations:

Judge Rinder

Hyoyeon

Aoibhin Garrihy

Sammi El Gueddari

Alex Fevola

Rachael Finch

Cherie Lunghi

Maytê Piragibe

I thought Judge Rinder was already eliminated? Am I wrong?

1 hour ago, Stephhyy said:

I thought Judge Rinder was already eliminated? Am I wrong?

You would be correct. I did his write-up.

@*Chris please replace Judge Rinder with someone else.

He was cut last round, but I haven't had a chance to update the front page. I'll do that now.

I believe Cherie has been cut too, although hasn’t been updated in one of the front page posts :thumbs:

Take 2:

Hyoyeon

Aoibhin Garrihy

Sammi El Gueddari

Alex Fevola

Rachael Finch

Maytê Piragibe

Jade Barbosa

Zöe Lucker

Save Aoibhin Garrihy

Cut Alex Fevola

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

Save Aoibhin Garrihy

Cut Alex Fevola

Refreshing. Finishing this up.

Alex Fevola

7d410db963a9ce0ee1b5b51027ee6149

Alex Fevola is a celebrity photographer who competed on Dancing with the Stars Australia Season 10 and was partnered with Arsen Kishishian. I actually remember randomly checking out a few of Alex’s dances some years ago when I was checking out DWTSAU dances. So her name was always familiar to me and I kept her off my radar (and maybe even saved her?) throughout the game. But now we’re getting to the really good dancers and I feel Alex is one of the weakest remaining so a fair cut at this point. I was also wanting her to outlast her husband, Brendan Fevola, so yay for that happening! Alex lasted 10 weeks and made it to the finale placing 3rd behind Rob Palmer &  Tamara Jaber. Let’s go over her journey.

Week 1: Viennese Waltz to “Runway” scoring a 15 (3/6/6)

Week 2: Jive to “Do You Love Me” scoring a 20 (6/7/7)

Week 3: Foxtrot to “Pictures of You” scoring a 21 (6/7/8)

Week 4: Rumba to “P.S. (I’m Still Not Over You)” scoring a 24 (8/8/8)

Week 5: Waltz to “Sam” scoring a 23 (6/8/9)

Week 6: Salsa to “Higher” scoring a 21 (7/7/7)

Week 7: Quickstep to “Walking on Sunshine” scoring a 24 (8/8/8) / Cha-Cha to “Material Girl” scoring a 22 (8/7/7)

Week 8: Samba to “Hip Hip Chin Chin” scoring a 24 (8/8/8) / Tango to “Tainted Love” scoring a 23 (7/8/8)

Week 9:  Jive to “Untouched” scoring a 17 (5/6/6) / Segue of Viennese Waltz, Foxtrot an Salsa to “The Only Exception,” “My Girl” and “La Isla Bonita” scoring a 24 (8/8/8)

Week 10: Aussie Smooth to “You Were Meant for Me” scoring a 23 (7/8/8) / Cha-Cha Showdown to “Does Your Mother Know” scoring a 22 (7/7/8)

Alex seemed like a fine dancer - not too great but not terrible. I don’t think she was inane worthy as Rachael Finch seems like the celeb dancer that should have been there instead. But well done to Alex making it this far! I will post some of her dances below.

Saving: Aoibhin Garrihy

Rachael Finch

Rachael Finch defends her DWTS lover Michael Miziner | Daily Telegraph

Rachael Finch is a model who competed in Miss Universe 2009, as Miss Universe Australia placing 3rd Runner-up. She competed on Season 10 of Dancing with the Stars Australia, partnering with Michael Miziner. They finished 7th in the competition and I don't know how they lasted this long, as I tried to nominate her before, but was saved. I think she didn't have any memorable dances, however they had a controversial moment where one of the judges didn't agree with they way Michael choreographed the dance. Anyway other than that, I thought she was just there, as I felt like she wasn't a standout throughout the competition. II know after the show, they got married and now have two kids.

SAVING: Hyoyoen

Once @*Lily makes her cut and save, the three of you will vote on who to save between the two remaining celebs.