idolforums.com
*Amanda

DWTS International Rankdown

Saving Iris #noted 🙂 

Edited by *Chris

Samantha Mumba

SHOCK! Samantha Mumba voted off Dancing On Ice - CelebsNow

I hope Wally is ok with me picking Samantha for my write-up here too.. as I know he brought in Samantha as one of his wildcards and likes her music too! She was an easy pick for me to write about out of the options, though, after all she is a 00s pop icon! :wub: Samantha is known for many of her early-2000s hits such as "Gotta Tell You", "Baby Come on Over" and "I'm Right Here". "Gotta Tell You" was in particular a worldwide hit and her breakout US song, as well as UK. I'm pleasantly surprised she made it this far in, because truth be told... her Dancing on Ice journey was a little underwhelming. I expected her to do better than she did, as she only lasted three weeks in the competition. But her scores stuck around the 15/16 mark out of 30, and she was kinda in the middle of the pack. She didn't really get the votes either and landed in two skate-offs - I remember being kinda surprised when she went home in her second skate-off as I thought she was up against a weaker guy, who went on to be in the skate-off multiple times if memory serves me correctly. But then, looking back I guess this isn't a surprise at all because it's kinda a pattern with most judging competitions. I thought she showed some potential though and I'd love to see her maybe do DWTS Ireland one day if she would be interested! And then we'd be able to give her a stronger write-up :haha:

Samantha Mumba! :wub: I'm fine with you doing her write-up Lily as I know you are a fan too (and you actually watched her season in live time - whereas I watched her skate dances years later)! :yes: Glad we managed to get her this far although realistically she should have gone a lot sooner than this. :lmao: I'm not complaining.

I will take Judge Rinder's write-up as i am most familiar with him.

23 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Victoria posting nothing but THE JAMS. :wub: 

Judge Rinder

124526.jpg

I was considering saving Judge Rinder for this round, as I was stuck between Judge Rinder and Aidan and I figured whichever one I didn’t save would get cut…and I was right. :dead: But I think Aidan’s run was a bit stronger so I went in this direction. Judge Rinder (known as Robert Rinder) is a criminal law barrister & television judge,  who competed on Strictly Come Dancing Series 14 with one-time pro Oksana Platero. Ugh how much I wish we got to see Oksana as a pro on this show. But Judge Rinder and Oksana had a great partnership and gelled so well together. I think this was the first time I ever saw a television judge on a dancing show so i was curious on how Judge Rinder would be. He surprised me with his dance skills because many people were expecting him to be a joke act (like with Ed Balls) - but Rinder was actually quite a good and decent dancer. He lasted 11 weeks and made it all the way to 5th which I wouldn’t have guessed pre-season so well done to him on that.

Week 1: Cha-Cha to “Mercy” scoring a 25 (6/7/6/6)

Week 2: American Smooth to “Marvin Gaye” scoring a 27 (6/7/7/7)

Week 3: Charleston to “Meet the Flintstones” scoring a 27 (7/8/6/6)

Week 4: Viennese Waltz to “Boom Boom A Bang” scoring a 27 (6/7/7/7)

Week 5: Jive to “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy” scoring a 29 (6/8/8/7)

Week 6: Paso Doble to “Born This Way” scoring a 32 (8/8/8/8)

Week 7: Quickstep to “It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)” scoring a 33 (8/9/8/8)

Week 8: Foxtrot to “You Make Me Feel So Young” scoring a 33 (7/9/9/8)

Week 9: Salsa to “Spice Up Your Life” scoring a 33 (8/9/8/8)

Week 10: Rumba to “Lean On Me” scoring a 29 (6/8/8/7)

Week 11: Samba to “December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)” scoring a 31 (7/8/8/8)

I noticed Judge Rinder was often the 5th highest scorer of the week for literally every week from Week 6’s Top 10 to Week 11’s Top 5 so that is kinda crazy how that worked out. :lmao: Regarding Judge Rinder’s dances… Despite being his lowest scoring dance, I would say his Cha-Cha was his most memorable dance as it showed his ~Week 1 honorary job themed dance~ with him as a judge in the court room setting and everyone being surprised he had rhythm and that he could dance. :haha: I remember that dance getting massive views the week it happened and it was the most viewed Week 1 dance at that time. He was also known for pulling these OTT hilarious facial expressions in hi dances too - which could sometimes distract from the dances. :haha: Most of his high scoring dances like his Quickstep, Foxtrot and Salsa were amongst my favorites so I will post those four below.

I also might as well post his Best Bits video of his best moments in the competition to give more of an overview of his run.

Holly Brisley

Get feet tapping for stars' visit | Roma Western Star

Holly Brisley is an actress best known for being on Home and Away at the time. She competed in Season 2 of the Australian version of Dancing with the Stars and partnered with Mark Hodge. Her time on the show was good and she had the second highest average if the season. From what I can remember as she was well known at the time, due to her stint on Home and Away. But since I can’t remember her journey and everyone else hasn’t watched the earlier seasons of the show, this is a good spot for her to go out on. However, she should have gotten second place in her season since she was a better dancer than the celebrity who came in second.

Edited by Stephhyy

Judge Rinder was an interesting one. Shame he was on the same series as Ed as he ended up getting totally overshadowed. It was interesting that he was such an unexpected dancer, I thought he would have been rubbish but did pretty well and was fun.

That said, he and Oksana seemed to be on different planets. I didn't see any connection with them, thought that Karen would have perhaps been a better fit. I can't say I was too surprised that she didn't return, she was just a bit too reserved for the show and didn't seem to gain much of a following despite making it far. I also heard rumours that she missed being in the USA. Given that the quieter pros such as Chelsie, Alec & Dmitry didn't really take off on DWTS, I guess that would also explain why she didn't make it past troupe while Sharna & Emma got promoted.

Edited by DWTSFan2001

On 7/9/2020 at 9:42 AM, DWTSFan2001 said:

Judge Rinder was an interesting one. Shame he was on the same series as Ed as he ended up getting totally overshadowed. It was interesting that he was such an unexpected dancer, I thought he would have been rubbish but did pretty well and was fun.

That said, he and Oksana seemed to be on different planets. I didn't see any connection with them, thought that Karen would have perhaps been a better fit. I can't say I was too surprised that she didn't return, she was just a bit too reserved for the show and didn't seem to gain much of a following despite making it far. I also heard rumours that she missed being in the USA. Given that the quieter pros such as Chelsie, Alec & Dmitry didn't really take off on DWTS, I guess that would also explain why she didn't make it past troupe while Sharna & Emma got promoted.

Ahhh I get you on thse Judge Rinder comments. It's funny because I think he was expected to be that bad comedic type  dancer of Ed Balls - but Rinder was better than expected and their journeys weren't that comparable. And I felt Rinder was on a run of his own as he also wasn't as great as the other better dancers. So yeah Ed had the bigger and more elaborate themes.

Interesting you felt a lack of chemistry between Rinder and Oksana. 😮 Aww I thought they had a good connection together and good partnership. But yeah Oksana's quieter personality didn't really help her for TV. :( Although interesting you consider Chelsie a quieter pro.... I never really viewed her as that at all. :haha:  I think someone like an Inna from DWTS7 and Anna D from DWTS9 fits that bill. Oh Edyta too but she lasted a long time.

17 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Although interesting you consider Chelsie a quieter pro.... I never really viewed her as that at all. :haha:  I think someone like an Inna from DWTS7 and Anna D from DWTS9 fits that bill. Oh Edyta too but she lasted a long time.

I think Edyta fit a "niche" as the show's foreign beauty which is why she stuck around for 10 consecutive seasons.

Chelsie was a nice person but I just don't think she had much of an impact. Not all pros were in your face but many of them fit a certain "niche" and gained their popularity that way. Ty was the only of Chelsie's partners who went really far. I would bet that she was axed because of Roshon not making the Top 5  (despite being a pretty big ringer) and Helio finishing in 10th place (he wasn't going to win All-Stars but should have at least done better than Kirstie and Bristol). Then again, they had quite a big pro shakeup after All-Stars. They nearly lost about half of the pros from that season.