DWTS International Rankdown

2 hours ago, Stephhyy said:

Wally stealing a cut that I had in mind (great write-up on her though), but don't know who to save...

I'll go with this

Save Kellie

Cut Mat

Oops sorry about that. :haha: But thank you! :hug:  ❤️ 

And ironically you went with my other save + cut options I had in mind so thank you for that. :haha: 😄 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"ugh first? 😐  Why does the Randomizer hate me? GAH, okay, nominations will be up sometime tonight once I figure out what to do with this information."   There, @*Wallace, I saved you the tr

For the trainwreck lovers, I am adding in this guy.        

Sorry for the delay everyone!   I have reached out to Richard on twitter. Once I find out whether or not he is able to continue on in this, I will figure out a plan to move forward. Hopefull

Posted Images

LESLEY GARRETT

p04jkdr9.jpg

Best known for her work as an opera singer in the UK & across Europe, Lesley Garrett appeared on the first ever series of Strictly Come Dancing where she was partnered with Anton du Beke. On the series, she was able to make it all the way to 3rd place but her journey or routines were nothing remarkable - she definitely benefited from being on the first series as I don't think that any of her routines would have stood out in any other seasons. Her overall averages in the competition was 29.3 which is decent for the first ever series. Anyway, let's look at her routines;

• Waltz - "He Was Beautiful": It was danced beautifully, but nothing too spectacular in 2020. It got her a score of 29!
  • Rumba - "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine": She made the routine look effortless, but I didn't really care for the choreography or the song choice as it made me fall asleep. She received a score of 27!
  • Tango - "Sensation": It was decent but nothing remarkable; she kinda struggled with some movements. It got her a score of 29!
  • Paso Doble - "La Cumparsita": It was better than her Tango but not much improvement. A score of 30. Samba - "Mas que Nada": Didn't really like this routine.  score of 27.
  • Foxtrot - "I've Got You Under My Skin": Easily her best dance - when it comes to standard ballroom dance, she excelled at them. A score of 34!
  • Cha Cha Cha - "Spinning Around": With this iconic song, the couple were unable to deliver an iconic dance. A score of 26.
  • Quickstep - "That Old Black Magic": Okay, this one I really enjoyed.  Ascore of 33.
  • Jive - "My Baby Just Cares For Me": Not her best but for the speed, an improvement from the Cha Cha Cha. A score of 29!

As we can see, Lesley was very consistent throughout the competition but she never really had a standout dance until her Foxtrot which was too late at the point. Anyway, she's easily one of Anton's better partnership, at the exception of maybe 1 or 2 more contestants.

SAVING: LILIA PODKOPAYEVA

Edited by *Chris

I was kinda stanning Lesley Garrett’s underdog journey in this game, being nominated and saved so many times. :giggle: But I guess all good things must come to an end. Kinda surprised she made it this far with how much she was nominated. :haha:

Ooh and I also read/researched that Mat Rogers was on Australian Survivor, but I think i lost track of following that series in 2017 or so? I’d love to catch up on the seasons I missed someday.

5 hours ago, *Wallace said:

I was kinda stanning Lesley Garrett’s underdog journey in this game, being nominated and saved so many times. :giggle: But I guess all good things must come to an end. Kinda surprised she made it this far with how much she was nominated. :haha:

Ooh and I also read/researched that Mat Rogers was on Australian Survivor, but I think i lost track of following that series in 2017 or so? I’d love to catch up on the seasons I missed someday.

I think I was one of those people who saved her once

Yeah, I did reference that in my write-up, but also he was in the All-Stars season of Survivor this year as well.

22 hours ago, Stephhyy said:

I think I was one of those people who saved her once

Yeah, I did reference that in my write-up, but also he was in the All-Stars season of Survivor this year as well.

Oooh i see. :haha: 

Ah I read. Didn't know he did 2 seasons. Def hope to catch up on that show at some point.

Sorry I’ve been MIA today!

@*Lily can make the cut.

If Richard doesn’t show up by his first nomination round, we’ll have to find a way to move on without him.

42 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Sorry I’ve been MIA today!

@*Lily can make the cut.

If Richard doesn’t show up by his first nomination round, we’ll have to find a way to move on without him.

He hasn't been on the site since Wednesday, which is a bit worrying. Hopefully he is okay

8 hours ago, Stephhyy said:

He hasn't been on the site since Wednesday, which is a bit worrying. Hopefully he is okay

Yeah, I haven’t seen him around at all lately, so I hope everything is okay with him. :( 

Judith Williams

24fd167d5d2c713e21a1a8651bd42e7d.jpg

I wasn't sure who to cut here. In the end, I decided to choose Judith just as Manu did win his season - also, it's easier for me to access Judith's dances right now. :haha: So Judith is an entrepreneur and opera singer, who appeared on Season 11 of Let's Dance Germany. She finished second place on the season. I cut Ingolf Luck not so long ago, who was the contestant that beat her, and I mentioned how it'd be good to see his competitors in action to get a greater idea of what he was up against. So cutting Judith works for me there as I get to compare them! I watched a few of her dances which were the top results, so not chronologically, but hopefully I can give a good summary here of some of those numbers.

The first routine I watched was a Paso Doble of hers to "Habanera", where she sang the opening of the number and beautifully so! This was a super clean, and gorgeous Paso Doble. I loved the choreography, and the execution. It scored a perfect 30, and rightfully so. I then checked out her Samba which seems to be from the semi-finals. Another fun and strong routine here, although I thought at times she maybe looked a little uneasy next to her partner. She scored a 23 here. I wanted to counterbalance the two Latin routines I watched of hers with two Ballroom numbers, and ended up watching her Quickstep and Waltz. The Quickstep had another weird song choice, it was like a 1920s-style version of "All That She Wants" by Ace of Base. But it was a cute, fun number and she had a huge smile on her face throughout. I didn't realize until watching that the Waltz was her launch show dance, where the contestants dance in teams and are paired up. So Judith danced alongside two other female contestants here... I found that she was definitely the stand-out though. She received the highest score of the contestants here, too.

I really enjoyed what I saw of Judith! Let's Dance Germany is a show I wanna explore more now I've got the chance to do write-ups for a few contestants. Judith was great when it came to the performance of the dances and expressing herself through the moves. The Paso Doble is a clear example of that and one I recommend if people wanna watch her journey on the show.

Saving Manu Vatuvei

11 hours ago, Stephhyy said:

@*Amanda I was just wondering if we are still going ahead with this game?

Yes! I’ve been super busy lately with my summer classes, but I’m gonna try to get this back up and running as soon as I have time to.

Sorry for the delay everyone!

I have reached out to Richard on twitter. Once I find out whether or not he is able to continue on in this, I will figure out a plan to move forward. Hopefully this will be back up and running very soon!

• Like 3

Richard has yet to respond to me, so I have come up with a way to keep this cycle moving along. If he still doesn't get back to me by the end of the current cycle, I will start searching for a replacement ranker.

In place of Richard's two rounds, here's what will happen:

-Each of you will PM me 2 celebrities that you want to be nominated.

-I will then post the 8 celebrities in this thread as the rankers' nominations.

-Each of you will save one celebrity, with the other 4 being cut after all the saves are made.

-Write-ups will still need to be done, so any of you can do the write-ups for the 4 cuts.

Please PM me your nomination choices @*Chris @*Lily @*Wallace @Stephhyy

This sounds like a fair plan. :yes: I'll work on figuring out my choices soon.

Once again hoping Richard is okay and can re-join us again soon.