DWTS International Rankdown

CYCLE 6: DOUBLE THE NOMINATION ROUNDS

125195.gif

For this cycle, each of you will have two different nomination rounds. For each round, you will nominate 8 celebs and 4 will leave.

This is also the FINAL round where immunities are in play.

THE RULES

1. When it is their turn, each ranker will nominate 8 celebrities.

2. On a first come, first serve basis, the remaining 4 rankers will cut one celebrity and save one celebrity. 

3. You have 30 minutes from when you make your initial cut post to produce your write-up. You must 100-word write-up that includes a picture for your cut to be valid.

4. If the 30 minutes pass, someone else can swoop in and steal your cut if you don't refresh in time.

5. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING OF YOUR INITIAL CUT/SAVE POST FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. Please quote it in a new post if you need to make changes.

6. Immunities are officially in play. If a celeb you gave private immunity to is nominated, you can use your immunity and choose the replacement nominee. HOWEVER, you are not allowed to cut the celeb you choose as the replacement nominee.

7. You CANNOT nominate any celebrities with public immunity or any celebrities saved in the round immediately before yours.

8. You have 24 hours to make your cut/save. Please ask for an extension if necessary. If 24 hours pass without a request for an extension, the nominator will get to stage a takeover and make the cut in your place.

NOMINATION ORDER

QJwz7Tv.png

1. @Stephhyy

2. @*Lily

3. @rpryor03

4. @*Chris

5. @*Wallace

6. @rpryor03

7. @*Wallace

8. @Stephhyy

9. @*Chris

10. @*Lily

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"ugh first? 😐  Why does the Randomizer hate me? GAH, okay, nominations will be up sometime tonight once I figure out what to do with this information."   There, @*Wallace, I saved you the tr

For the trainwreck lovers, I am adding in this guy.        

Sorry for the delay everyone!   I have reached out to Richard on twitter. Once I find out whether or not he is able to continue on in this, I will figure out a plan to move forward. Hopefull

Posted Images

Wow did randomizer really perfectly align us to all go in the first 5 spots and the last 5 spots? Wasn't expecting that but it's fair. :lmao: 

LOL at least I finally get to go last for Part 1. :dead: 

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Wow did randomizer really perfectly align us to all go in the first 5 spots and the last 5 spots? Wasn't expecting that but it's fair. :lmao: 

Yeah, crazy how it worked out that way. I was just hoping no one had to nominate two times in a row. :haha:

16 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Yeah, crazy how it worked out that way. I was just hoping no one had to nominate two times in a row. :haha:

Lol yeah I'm glad that didn't happen because that sure would have been rough. :haha: 

Here are my nominations (hopefully this is all good and basing it on who has the lower averages to make it fair, even though it won't be)...

Alex Fevola

Christine Bleakley

Emma Weymouth

Greg Rutherford

Laila Rouass

Natalie Cassidy

Olympia Valance

Paula Chaves

Natalie Cassidy

p02bhc87.jpg

This was quite a tough set of noms to decide on, as I didn’t really know who to cut or save - as there wasn’t an obvious save or cut for me, and I do feel like all of those dancers are amongst the same level. Although Paula Chaves is probably the best one  but she’s the one i know least about. But ultimately I decided on cutting Natalie Cassidy, as she is the celeb dancer I felt the least connection to on their dance journey.

Natalie Cassidy is an actress, best known for her role on the BBC soap EastEnders where she played Sonia Fowler. Natalie competed on Strictly Come Dancing Series 7 and was partnered with Vincent Simone. Natalie lasted 11 weeks and made it to 5th place. Let’s recap her dances:

Week 2, Night 1: Tango to “Spider of the Night” scoring a 24 (6/6/6/6)

Week 2, Night 2: Cha-Cha to “Bang Bang” scoring a 26 (6/7/7/6)

Week 3: Paso Doble to “Malaguena” scoring a 28 (6/7/8/7)

Week 4: Salsa to “You’ll Be Mine (Party Time)” scoring a 28 (6/7/8/7)

Week 5: Viennese Waltz to “At Last” scoring a 27 (7/7/7/6)

Week 6: American Smooth to “Please Don’t Talk About Me When I’m Gone” scoring a 29 (7/8/7/7)

Week 7: Jive to “Good Golly, Miss Molly” scoring a 30 (7/8/7/8)

Week 8: Quickstep to “Tu Vuo’ Fa’ L’Americano” scoring a 31 (7/8/8/8)

Week 9: Foxtrot to “Magic Moments” scoring a 34 (8/9/9/8)

Week 10: Samba to “Holiday” scoring a 26 (6/7/8/5)

Week 11: Rock ’n’ Roll to “Long Tall Sally” scoring a 26 (5/7/7/7)

Overall, I found Natalie to be a pretty decent/solid dancer. She wasn’t a standout amongst the likes of Ricky W, Ali, Zoe or Jade but she wasn’t terrible either. I also first knew of Natalie from her time on Celebrity Big Brother U.K. Series 9 in January 2012, where she was the 5th evictee and placed 8th. But I think she annoyed me on that show and I wasn’t a fan of hers there. #oops :haha: Sorry to any Natalie fans out there but I think this is a fair spot for Natalie to place in this game. I will close this out with some dances of Natalie’s. I would say her Jive and Foxtrot were amongst my favorites from her.

Saving: Christine Bleakley

christine_matthew_wk8_446x558.jpg

Aww Natalie ❤️ Fair cut for now, I do really like her. Although yeah I also feel like I remember not enjoying her on CBB and thought she would do better there. :haha:

Hmm going to save Emma again here...and continue the Series 7 cull by cutting Laila.

Laila Rouass

anton-du-beke-pic-bbc-image-3-412614349.jpg

Laila for me joins the list of contestants who I would have enjoyed more had they been paired with someone else. This was of course at another moment where they wanted to give Anton a more capable partner, and Laila definitely had some good moments on the show. However, I also remember not really enjoying her at the time.. I think this definitely was because of Anton but there were times I kinda remember struggling to enjoy Laila also, but perhaps this would change if I watched more of her back. Unfortunately, Laila's journey was also tainted by a ugly scandal where Anton made a racist comment at one point in the partnership. Interestingly it seems to be kinda forgotten now and it never really hurt his career as we know. Like with a lot of capable Anton partners, Laila did well in the ballroom dances mostly. Her Foxtrot was probably her best dance, scoring 34 points, I'll link it below. Her Tango, Quickstep and Viennese Waltz were other standouts from what I remember. But yikes she had a few rough spots in her Latin dances. They were pretty bad from what I remember. I think nearer to the end of the season she got an injury, which was apparent in her Rumba which she had to stop halfway through. It definitely hindered the rest of her journey, as her scores were pretty low/average from this point onwards even in the ballroom numbers. Series 7 was a mess of a season really, and there were a lot of duds, so Laila was still ok enough to progress to the final four. I think I probably liked five or six contestants more than her in the season overall, and so I'm ok cutting her here as I think it's a reasonable placement for her.

Saving Emma Weymouth

52 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Aww Natalie ❤️ Fair cut for now, I do really like her. Although yeah I also feel like I remember not enjoying her on CBB and thought she would do better there. :haha:

Hmm going to save Emma again here...and continue the Series 7 cull by cutting Laila.

Gah yeah, game is getting really hard now as I feel like I like so many people to a certain extent now. OMGG glad I wasn't the only one that didn't care for her on CBBUK too. She was more likable on Strictly for sure. :yes: 

And lol it's kinda cute that Laila goes right after Natalie, like on the real show. :haha: I like her too but yeah she's a fair cut at this point. Yeah, you said everything well on her. She was another celeb hindered by Anton with some meh/bad Latin routines. And oooo I forgot about the racist scandal here but I def heard about it and read it.

Sorry for the delay - been busy with work, as we are about to reopen and we have so many criteria to follow. 

I'll try to get the write-up in tonight or tomorrow. 

PAULA CHAVES (BAILANDO 2010)

CUMBIA-PAULA.jpg

The silver lining of  cutting Paula Chaves means that I can literally recycle some of my write-ups of hers. So here we go: I am officially the professional when it comes to Paula Chaves' journey on Bailando as I've been responsible of cutting her, every time she was nominated. As mentioned before, Bailando works differently compare to the regular Dancing With The Stars / Strictly Come Dancing due to the amount of routines dances & celebrities are welcomed to compete more than once. However, in 2010, it was the first time that she competed on the show  - this was the 6th season, and she was the runner-up. While she did not win the big prize, she won at love where she met her husband on the same season - Pedro Alfonso who ended up being her partner on the 8th season. 

I will conclude by saying that she's a very good contestant who is clearly loved by the fans & she can dance. Unfortunately, none of us are familar with her to justify keeping all of her version in this rankdown. And here some of her routines of the 6th season;

SAVING: ALEX FEVOLA

Olympia Valance

EXCLUSIVE: Dancing With The Stars contestant Olympia Valance is ...

Olympia Valance is an actress, best known for her role in Neighbours and the younger sister of Holly Valance (who is also in this rankdown). She appeared on Season 16 of Dancing with the Stars Australia and finished in 8th Place (even though she could have gone further). She was partnered with Jarryd Byrne (who won the following season with Celia), but this about Olympia and I feel like she was a threat to competition, which threw the audience off and not vote for her the week before she was eliminated, due to her having the highest score that week. I can't justify why she deserves to go further when she came 8th, however that being said, she did have some good dances, which were her Argentine Tnago and her Contemporary. However, Craig being the judge he is, scored pretty low in the first couple of weeks for some of the contestants (including Olympia), which may have resulted in her early elimination.

SAVING: Greg Rutherford

I really enjoyed those Paula dances you posted, Chris. She is really good. :yes: 

Olympia. ❤️  I’m glad I got to save her a few times to make it this far but this is a great and fair spot for her. She def deserved better on her season so I’m glad we got her to 4th for DWTSAU16. 

Olympia. ❤️ Definitely robbed on her season, but at least she had a standout routine with her fantastic Argentine Tango.

• Like 1

Kyly Clarke

9-2536175-scn151014dancing4_t1880.jpg

I was stuck wondering what to do with my cut and save (with more cut options in mind) and whether to cut someone I don’t know. But I figured that Kyly would likely not get saved so I could cut her now after having saved her last time she was up. Also with Olympia going with just 5 dances, I couldn’t really justify keeping Kyly with just two dances - even though they were two fantastic dances! Let’s discuss Kyly now.

Kyly Clarke is a weather presenter and model, who participated on Dancing with the Stars Australia Season 14. Kyly was partnered with Damian Whitewood. This was the first DWTSAU season I watched in live time, which I did for Ricki-Lee Coulter. But yeah I did watch this season and Kyly became one of my favorites right away and she was such a stunning dancer. She was a frontrunner with two beautiful high scoring dances which were:

Week 1: Contemporary to “Read All About It” scoring a 35 (9/9/9/8)

Week 2: Waltz to “You Raise Me Up” scoring a 34 (7/9/9/9)

Then Kyly’s journey ended on the show, due to an injury she endured, where she pulled her hamstring, during rehearsals where she was forced to withdraw from the competition. :( There’s an article here about it: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/kyly-clarke-forced-to-pull-out-of-dancing-with-the-stars-after-tearing-her-hamstring/news-story/b1659568fcf4c093d9d39d1b2f2f3c0b. DWTSAU14 had a really rough start as two strong female dancers with potential left early - with Kyly due to her injury and April Rose Pengilly being an early shock boot. :( All while hot mess horrible dancer Mark Holden would remain in the competition.

Although I also found another article regarding Kyly’s withdrawal due to her husband cricketer Michael Clarke and I quote from the article, he “flew into a jealous rage when he found out that Kyly’s dance partner Damian Whitewood wasn’t gay as he had first thought.” :wacko: Clearly jealousy and insecurities took over and he should trust his wife nothing would happen. That article is here: https://www.nowtolove.com.au/lifestyle/books/the-real-reason-kyly-clarke-quit-dancing-with-the-stars-29489. Not sure how leif and true this is but I thought it would be interesting to share. I did read the couple recently divorced earlier this year so that’s sad.

Anyway, ugh sadly I wish I could find Kyly’s dances. But I can’t seem to find them. :(  wish Kyly wasn’t injured as i am certain she would have been a contender and delivered some more great dances. Although I am curious how she would have handled the faster Latin and ballroom dances, to see if she could do it all or was just a slow dances gal. We will never know. Kyly ranks 3rd for DWTSAU14 behind David Rodan and Ricki-Lee Coulter, so I am happy with accomplishing that for Kyly.

Saving: Patrick Robinson

anigif_original-grid-image-31183-1380449

Wally stealing a cut that I had in mind (great write-up on her though), but don't know who to save...

I'll go with this

Save Kellie

Cut Mat

Edited by Stephhyy

Mat Rogers

Mat Rogers may have two left feet but he is keen to put them both ...

Mat Rogers is a former NRL (Australian Rugby League) player who played for the Sharks and Titans, as well as playing Rugby Union for the Waratahs. He represented Australia for both codes. He was on the 15th Season of Dancing with the Stars Australia, partnering Ash-Leigh Hunter where they came in 4th Place. (Side Note: His wife Chloe Maxwell, did It Takes Two, which is the singing version of this show in 2008). I wasn't really interested in this season, however Mat had a few standout routines with his Viennese Waltz and Foxtrot, but other than that he was no way near going to break into the Top 3 that season. What I can say about his journey is that he was flying under the radar for most of it (like he did in his 2 season of Survivor years later), however his routines were not that memorable and I can hardly remember his journey, so I have decided to cut him here.

SAVING: Kellie Bright