DWTS International Rankdown

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

I actually nominated once before - he was one of the easy cut during one of my round and no one cut him.  

I never cared for him that much but he was always the one that I connected with the most during your nominations :haha:

Oooh, I can't even remember when this was the case of that happening. :dead:  Okay kinda glad to know you weren't a big fan of his as I would feel bad doing that to one of your faves without knowing. :haha: 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"ugh first? 😐  Why does the Randomizer hate me? GAH, okay, nominations will be up sometime tonight once I figure out what to do with this information."   There, @*Wallace, I saved you the tr

For the trainwreck lovers, I am adding in this guy.        

Sorry for the delay everyone!   I have reached out to Richard on twitter. Once I find out whether or not he is able to continue on in this, I will figure out a plan to move forward. Hopefull

Posted Images

Jake Wood

Jake-Wood.jpg

I wasn't too sure where to go with this cut/save and considered various options on who to choose. My decision came down to how out of the ones I know less about, two are winners, and one had a pretty good record with scores. When it came to the Strictly contestants, I enjoyed Gabby (one of the OG robbed contestants on Strictly), and generally I think I enjoyed Cherie more than Jake. Jake was Series 12's EastEnders casting, and tbh, I didn't really expect much of him, but he definitely surprised. His peak was in Week 2, Janette threw everything into their Salsa and it was super entertaining, and also completely unexpected since he plays more of a serious character on his show. That dance now has 1.5 million views on YouTube, I'll post it below, and I remember at the time thinking it would give him a genuine shot of winning. However, I do kinda feel like Jake never really hit that peak again, and while he had some good dances, his journey was mostly remembered for his dance so early on. He kinda had a similar journey to Sophie Ellis-Bextor the year before, where they both broke out with an amazing second dance, and then were overtaken by other frontrunners. Nevertheless, he did still have some strong numbers, scoring 38 two times for his Samba and the Charleston - the dances where he could bring out his acting side and show off a character were definitely what helped him break out. He had a pretty rough semi-finals, and after landing in the dance-off, the judges decided to put Mark Wright through to the finals instead. I could have seen this going either way because while Mark had a better night, it was also his third dance-off compared to Jake's first, so he was kinda guaranteed fourth anyway. I think this is fair enough for Jake, though - he's someone I probably could have found myself enjoying more if he was able to live up to that early hype, but I just felt he only did on a couple of occasions.

Saving Gabby Logan

Jake was good. Loved his Salsa, definitely a great piece of choreo from Janette. Would have liked him to be in the final, he's one of the few that I remember from that year.

I think he was juggling EE and SCD so got burned out towards the end.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

I think he was juggling EE and SCD so got burned out towards the end.

Ah yes, forgot to mention this but it seems to be a recurring theme with the soap actors that they’re so overworked by the end so end up losing steam :(

Jake was someone I was debating on saving or cutting but can't fault this cut. Good spot for him. His Salsa was definitely iconic and loved his Samba and Charleston too. Although outside of that he was majorly inconsistent.

And yeah what was said about the soap stars losing steam towards the end of their runs is so true. :( Although there are some exceptions.

Cherie Lunghi

Actress Cherie Lunghi: I'm Strictly single - and loving it ...

Cherie Lunghi is an actress who has had many roles in her career. She was partnered with James Jordan in the sixth series of Strictly Come Dancing and they came in 8th place.

Here is a recap of her dances:

• Week 2: Foxtrot to Sweet About Me by Gabriella Climi, scoring a 33 out of 40 (8, 8, 9, 8).
  • Week 4: Rumba to Songbird by Eva Cassidy, scoring a 35 out of 40 (9, 9, 8, 9).
  • Week 5: American Smooth to Layla by Eric Clapton, scoring a 34 out of 40 (7, 9, 9, 9).
  • Week 6: Paso Doble to Amparito Roca by Jaime Teixidor, scoring a 31 out of 40 (7, 8, 8, 8).
  • Week 7: Salsa to Oye Mi Canto (Hear My Voice) by Gloria Estefan, scoring a 26 out of 40 (6, 6, 7, 7).
  • Week 8: Waltz to I Wonder Why by Curtis Stigers, scoring a 36 out of 40 (9, 9, 9, 9).
  • Week 9: Cha-Cha-Cha to Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry, scoring a 32 out of 40 (7, 8, 8, 9).

She was very consistent throughout the season with her Salsa in week 7 her only downfall, but I think from what I have heard from other rankers is that James Jordan, may have not been the best partner for her. I don’t think she was robbed in a sense, but could have made it a few weeks further in the season, but it is what it is and I think this is a fair placement for her to go out on.

I will post her Waltz here, as it was her highest scoring dance:

SAVING: Mayte Piragibe

Cherie was really good. I especially loved her Rumba. ❤️  

Despite not really knowing the remaining two (but did research on them), I think I would pull for Lenne-Kim to stay but let's see what Richard does. 😮 

40 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I think I would pull for Lenne-Kim to stay but let's see what Richard does. 😮 

giphy.gif

40 minutes ago, *Chris said:

giphy.gif

:dead: 

I'm kinda hoping you get the chance to cut him so I can see how/why you find him overrated. :haha: 

Cherie Lunghi was a good dancer, great Rumba. She should have stayed in the real show over Jodie & Christine but that was the most competitive series yet (5 really good ones) and James was hardly Mr. Popular. I liked him but I'm surprised he was a pro for as long as 8 series given his general unpopularity.

Edited by DWTSFan2001

Agreed with the comments here on Cherie. She’s grown on me post-show and had some great dances, the Rumba was especially gorgeous. Her elimination at the time was really the controversy of the series which led to John withdrawing - because even though he lasted too long, he didn’t really rob anyone great up until Cherie. :haha: But yeah I wish she had a more likeable partner. 

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, *Wallace said:

I'm kinda hoping you get the chance to cut him so I can see how/why you find him overrated. :haha: 

It's more liking certain stars more than him on that season. 

Edited by *Chris

*Me entering this thread for the first time in months*

Who is this Paula Chavez icon who decided to do the show four years in a row :dead:.

tumblr_na40nxU8Z21sx79beo4_250.gifv

Alfonso Ribeiro is calling up his agents right now trying to figure out why he couldn't DWTS 20, 21, and 22.

• Haha 2
49 minutes ago, *Chris said:

It's more liking certain stars more than him on that season. 

Oooh I understand. 

36 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

*Me entering this thread for the first time in months*

Who is this Paula Chavez icon who decided to do the show four years in a row :dead:.

tumblr_na40nxU8Z21sx79beo4_250.gifv

Alfonso Ribeiro is calling up his agents right now trying to figure out why he couldn't DWTS 20, 21, and 22.

LMAOO Yesss Paual Chavez trying to outdo Pamela Anderson for sure. And :lmao: at the Alfonso comment. :haha: 

LENNI-KIM

7791388794_lenni-kim-et-marie-denigot-da

A Canadian singer and actor, Lenni-Kim was on season 8 of Danse avec les stars which s DWTS in France. He was partnered with Marie Denigot, and they finished second but had the highest average scores. Does this make him a robbed god? Well, Chris would say no, and I would tend to agree. Augustin Galiana, the winner, was only slightly below him in average scores, but I have to agree that a number of his dances were probably overscored (such as his week 6 Rumba which was very much your standard DWTS/SCD contempowaft rumba). He's a nice looking young man, though, so I get why he get as far as he did. (Also, I hope he and Marie didn't have a showmance, because just looking at them, I kinda get those vibes.)

SAVING: Sammi El Gueddari

Richard is a savior!

I agree that most of his dances were overscored and didn’t think he wasn’t the best dancer ever. I thought their routines lacked a lot of maturity which is to be expected with their age - I didn’t like how some people compared him to Loic  as well. 

21 minutes ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Nobody can be compared to Loïc.

Well people did it anyway. :haha:

Edited by *Chris