DWTS International Rankdown

Thanks! If there’s an update in the next couple hours I should hopefully be able to get something in by then. But also depends on when I end up going to sleep. :haha:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"ugh first? 😐  Why does the Randomizer hate me? GAH, okay, nominations will be up sometime tonight once I figure out what to do with this information."   There, @*Wallace, I saved you the tr

Sorry for the delay everyone!   I have reached out to Richard on twitter. Once I find out whether or not he is able to continue on in this, I will figure out a plan to move forward. Hopefull

For the trainwreck lovers, I am adding in this guy.        

Posted Images

I just want to know if Richard has a vendetta against Ore, because he put immunity on someone last round and replaced that person with Ore?

I might need an extension too, as I have been pretty busy and Chris cut the person I was thinking about cutting

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

Choose someone else! You nominated Ore last round. iIf they were saved in the previous round, they are ineligible to be nominated this round.

Nah. I’m being nice and allowing people to choose whoever as a replacement nominee as long as they’re not listed as “safe” in the first post.

Ooh thanks. I just went for a never nominee for my immunity/replacement thing, but ever knew if that was a major rule. I might have chosen differently had I known but eh doesn't matter anyway.

13 minutes ago, Stephhyy said:

I just want to know if Richard has a vendetta against Ore, because he put immunity on someone last round and replaced that person with Ore?

I might need an extension too, as I have been pretty busy and Chris cut the person I was thinking about cutting

Lmao, this is what I want to know too. :dead: although yeah he totally does, haha. I know Ore is a polarizing type but I do think some others should be going before him. :haha: 

Katie Derham

katie_3450220b.jpg

Katie appeared on Strictly in 2015, where she was partnered up with Anton du Beke. This was one of his better partnerships and very well-received by the viewers because of how he pretty much always has the comedic or oldest, or both, partner. Katie seemed pretty driven and showed good potential, and this led to them making the final, Anton's first time there. To be honest, while Katie had some nice routines, and was particularly elegant in the ballroom numbers, her position in the final was moreso down to the fact that Anton hadn't made one before, and so people wanted to get him there. But reasonably speaking, it was a position that should have gone to someone like Helen or Anita, or possibly even Peter. To be honest, my problem with Anton's partnerships on the show is that while he's clearly very talented in ballroom, his Latin/faster dance skills are not up to par with the other pros, and it usually just makes an inconsistent journey for him and his partner. Katie had the occasional standout, but would then take a big dip in scores, and this went on for a lot of the season. Unfortunately, for me the inconsistency there makes it kinda easier for me to cut her. The dance which stands out to me as a favorite would probably be their Viennese Waltz from Week 4 - really a gorgeous number! I'll link it below.

Saving Emma Weymouth

As always, Lily says everything perfectly on how I feel about Katie Derham. :haha: 

But I do really love Katie's Viennese Waltz and that certainly was her best dance. :yes: And also funny cause with the Emma W save, the VW was also her best dance.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Totally forgot that this rankdown exists - lots of reading to catch up on. 🙂

Katie was totally wasted on Anton. She might not have ever been at Ashley Roberts levels of Latin but I still believe another pro would have got more out of her in Latin and potentially even in ballroom. I still remember some of her routines to this day - Tango, Viennese Waltz, Rumba all fantastic.

As much as Kevin Clifton annoyed me, I would have much rather seen him do several more series of SCD than have to see Anton on SCD yet again.

Edited by DWTSFan2001
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Totally forgot that this rankdown exists - lots of reading to catch up on. 🙂

Katie was totally wasted on Anton. She might not have ever been at Ashley Roberts levels of Latin but I still believe another pro would have got more out of her in Latin and potentially even in ballroom. I still remember some of her routines to this day - Tango, Viennese Waltz, Rumba all fantastic.

As much as Kevin Clifton annoyed me, I would have much rather seen him do several more series of SCD than have to see Anton on SCD yet again.

Weird_guy_this.gif

Yeah Katie definitely could have been better with a different pro. Same with Emma Barton, and I felt that Emma was even more wasted on Anton, considering she does have trained dance experience and could have been better. 

And ugh still so disappointed having Kevin and AJ going before Anton. 😐 Even though I don't think Kevin has much more to prove if he continued. Although bummed we never got an AJ showdance. :broken:

• Like 1

Michelle Andrade

Michelle Andrade (Мішель Андраде) lyrics

Michelle is a singer from the Ukraine, who competed on the 6th season of Tantsi z zirkamy, where she finished in 5th place with her partner, Yevhen Khot. I didn't watch many of her dances, however I did watch a bit of her salsa that was to Havana (I hope it was a salsa, as it looked like one, however now it is a type of salsa on its own, which is weird) and I felt she was nervous in that she didn't perform and execute the dance the way it should have been. I think she looked a bit uncomfortable and hesitant in some of her moves. I tried to watch one of her ballroom dances, however the videos are blocked in Australia on YouTube. I think this is a fair placement for her to go on, as she not that known and I think with more research on the non-English speaking countries, she could go further in later rankdowns.

I will link her Bachata here:

SAVING: Holly Brisley

WILLIAM WAIIRUA

william-waiirua-amelia-mcgregor-tango-da

A "social media star and singer," acording to the Wikipedia, William Waiirua was on season 8 of DWTS in New Zealand, where, along with his partner, Amelia McGregor, placed fourth and missed the final. He had a great hip-hop dance in the finale, but his ballroom was mediocre to great and his latin was absolutely terrible (which didn't help him, with having an Argentine Tango in the semi-final for people to not vote for). At least from the dances I've seen, it seems like he was, to some extend, the comedy contestant but could actually dance (he did top the leaderboard three times over the 10 weeks of competition).

Saved: Jessica Taylor

17 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Am I free to nominate, @*Amanda?

Yes!

I am working on updating the front page right now, but as usual, you cannot nominate those with immunity and those saved during Wally's round. And 4 must be never-nominees.

Here are my nominations - I think they're all good.

Maytê Piragibe

Gabby Logan

Lenni-Kim

Sammi El Gueddari

Ladji Doucouré

Cherie Lunghi

Jake Wood

Mollie King

Ladji Doucouré 

5139002-ines-vandamme-et-ladji-doucoure-

This is kinda funny because I nominated Ladji Doucouré  a few times and Chris saved him each of those times. But I decided to spare Ladji my last round so Chris could have a break from saving him - but then he nominates Ladji here. So I’m guessing it’s okay for Ladji to go. :haha: But noo, really, I don’t have anything against Ladji at all but he was the lowest DALS french celeb dancer so I figured he would be okay to nominated. He’s also the lowest scorer of those that I am not familiar with (3rd lowest overall) so I think he’s a fair cut. Even though I am saving the lowest scorer celeb but she’s the one I connect with the most. Let’s talk about Ladji now.

Ladji Doucouré is a world champion French Track & Field athlete, who participated on Danse avec les stars Season 10. He was partnered with Inés Vandamme and they made it all the way to the finals finishing 2nd, behind Sami El Gueddari. I will recap his dances below.

Week 1: Samba to “Je danse le Mia” scoring a 24 (7/6/6/5)

Week 2: Foxtrot to “One” scoring a 25 (8/7/6/4)

Week 3: Contemporary to “Believe” scoring a 34 (9/8/8/9) +5 for it’s challenge, for a 39

Week 4: Jive to “River Deep - Mountain High” scoring a 29 (8/8/6/7)

Week 5: Cha-Cha with Brahim Zaibat to “Blurred Lines” scoring a 30 (9/8/6/7)

Week 6: Quickstep with Cassandra Lecoq & Robine-André Bickindou to “Incredibles 2” scoring a 28 (8/7/6/7). He landed in the Bottom 2 against Clara and he survived.

Week 7: Waltz to “You Don’t Own Me” scoring a 32 (8/8/8/8) and a Jazz Broadway to “Cell Block Tango”, which was not scored. I guess he couldn’t perform this dance. He landed in the Bottom 2 against Linda and survived again.

Week 8: Paso Doble  to “King is Born” scoring a 25 (8/9/9) [with Jean-Marc Generux as the coach] and Bollywood to “Alane” scoring a 31 (6/8/8/9)

Week 9: Contemporary to “Tout Oublier” scoring a 35 (9/8/9/9) and American Smooth to “Yalia” scoring a 37 (9/9/9/10). And +15 for a Megamix dance

Week 10: Contemporary reprisal to “Believe”  and Freestyle to “Avant Toi.” The finale night dances weren’t scored and just up to the public vote.

Ladji ended up with 38% of the final vote but as I said, he lost to Sami El Gueddari. I can’t comment if Ladji should have won or if he should have gotten this far to 2nd or was deserving of it. But scores are telling me Clara Mrgane should have been in the finale over him and I am inclined to think I would have that same opinion. But well done to Ladji getting this far. I’ll post some of his dances later tonight.

Saving: Mollie King

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Ladji Doucouré 

This is kinda funny because I nominated Ladji Doucouré  a few times and Chris saved him each of those times. But I decided to spare Ladji my last round so Chris could have a break from saving him - but then he nominates Ladji here. So I’m guessing it’s okay for Ladji to go. :haha: But noo, really, I don’t have anything against Ladji at all but he was the lowest DALS french celeb dancer so I figured he would be okay to nominated. He’s also the lowest scorer of those that I am not familiar with (3rd lowest overall) so I think he’s a fair cut. Even though I am saving the lowest scorer celeb but she’s the one I connect with the most. Let’s talk about Ladji now.

I actually nominated once before - he was one of the easy cut during one of my round and no one cut him.  

I never cared for him that much but he was always the one that I connected with the most during your nominations :haha:

Posted (edited)

Ladji stood no chance with Inès as a partner, she's the Allison of DALS in terms of credentials and was also argumentative with fans on Twitter after she copied Sharna's choreo for one of Hinch's routines.

As for whether or not he should have won - they were all either rubbish or mediocre last season in France, except for maybe Clara Morgane but she was a controversial casting (read up on her past) so didn't get the votes. Sami (the winner) was very overrated. In any other season, I would have been shocked if his dancing got him the win and the highest average score of the season.

Shame as DALS has had some real good dancers in the past - Loïc Nottet, Sofia Essaïdi, Amel Bent, Nathalie Pechalat, Lenni-Kim to name a few. 

Edited by DWTSFan2001
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Shame as DALS has had some real good dancers in the past - Lenni-Kim to name a few. 

giphy.gif 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, *Chris said:

giphy.gif 

I remember you weren't a fan of him. Obviously he isn't Loïc level (Loïc was probably the best I've seen on any version) but I thought that Lenni-Kim was reasonably good and his average score was very high.

That said, the last two seasons aren't a high bar for Lenni to step over, very few good dancers.

Edited by DWTSFan2001
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

I remember you weren't a fan of him. Obviously he isn't Loïc level (Loïc was probably the best I've seen on any version) but I thought that Lenni-Kim was reasonably good and his average score was very high.

That said, the last two seasons aren't a high bar for Lenni to step over, very few good dancers.

I just struggled with his partnership - I thought they were lacking maturity over some of the dancers of that season. He's not a terrible dancer though, just never cared for him :haha:

And I agree - I didn't care for the last season; I just told Amanda to put in the Top 3 of the season so she could have more french contestants :haha:

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I just struggled with his partnership - I thought they were lacking maturity over some of the dancers of that season. He's not a terrible dancer though, just never cared for him :haha:

He and Marie were a very young pairing I suppose. I miss Marie on the show as she could teach and choreograph enjoyable routines unlike most of the others. Denitsa is the only other strong female pro. I don't rate Katrina or Candice and I feel that Inès shouldn't be there as a jazz dancer. Fauve's routines didn't contain enough content last season although I do like her and think she was a good judge. Not thrilled with Emmanuelle's routines either but if Candice can win and get several partners with potential (7/10 good ones on paper and only really 2 who reached their full potential) I wouldn't mind seeing her with a good celeb next season, maybe she'll surprise me.

Edited by DWTSFan2001
  • Like 2