DWTS International Rankdown

7 hours ago, *Lily said:

Alison :( I love her, such an angel. But also a fair cut.

She is. ❤️ 

7 hours ago, *Lily said:

Have you seen her Beyoncé interview? :wub:

I never saw this and had no idea she interviewed Beyoncé. 😮  But LOL omgg this interview was so fun and hilarious. :dead:  :lmao:   

Can I retract my cut, Amanda. :fail::giggle: 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"ugh first? 😐  Why does the Randomizer hate me? GAH, okay, nominations will be up sometime tonight once I figure out what to do with this information."   There, @*Wallace, I saved you the tr

For the trainwreck lovers, I am adding in this guy.        

Sorry for the delay everyone!   I have reached out to Richard on twitter. Once I find out whether or not he is able to continue on in this, I will figure out a plan to move forward. Hopefull

Posted Images

TAMSYN LEWIS

tamsyn_narrowweb__300x381,0.jpg

In this battle of the third place finishers, Tamsyn Lewis gets the cut. An Olympic runner with a mediocre record, she was able to get the metaphorical bronze on Australia's DWTS season 5. She was partnered with Arsen Kisishian and averaged third in scores as well. But because of how the series played out, just like my savee, she was not in the final. There was a mid-season stretch (weeks 3-5) where she was the clear frontrunner, being top of the leaderboard all three weeks with her Tango, Paso, and Samba. However, she found herself plateauing as the season went on and Anthony and Arianne continued to increase. It was a fine journey. But unlike my savee, she did not deserve to win her season.

SAVED: Lesley Garrett

9 hours ago, Stephhyy said:

Now I regret something, I should have nominated all Strictly Females...

giphy.gif 

Posted (edited)

So I was just going through this thread... First of all, I'm a little disappointed that most of the Dancing Brasil representation is coming from Season 1, considering there were so many fabulous dancers in the other four seasons. Yudi from Season 2 and Geovanna from Season 3 were both incredible, I reckon they'd last for a while. D'Black, our most recent winner, was excellent too, although there are some people who are inclined to disagree. Season 4 was by far the weakest; the celeb who won it, Pérola Faria, was one of the few standouts of the cast so you can't say she didn't deserve it.

Second, I'm a little surprised Dan Ewing managed to make it as far as he did. Not bad for the only Power Rangers representation in any version of the Strictly format thus far even if it comes from what I consider to be the worst season of Power Rangers. I'm still waiting for DWTS in America to get on the act--especially considering we just had a season in which a SYTYCD alumnus was the Yellow Ranger.

And finally... DON'T DISRESPECT LAUREN LIKE THAT. HER PASO, JIVE AND SALSA WERE WAY BETTER THAN PEOPLE GIVE CREDIT FOR. SHE DESERVED TO HAVE BEEN IN THE FINAL OVER JOE AND I WILL NEVER LET THAT GO.

Edited by MarineDynamite
2 hours ago, MarineDynamite said:

So I was just going through this thread... First of all, I'm a little disappointed that most of the Dancing Brasil representation is coming from Season 1, considering there were so many fabulous dancers in the other four seasons. Yudi from Season 2 and Geovanna from Season 3 were both incredible, I reckon they'd last for a while. D'Black, our most recent winner, was excellent too, although there are some people who are inclined to disagree. Season 4 was by far the weakest; the celeb who won it, Pérola Faria, was one of the few standouts of the cast so you can't say she didn't deserve it.

Second, I'm a little surprised Dan Ewing managed to make it as far as he did. Not bad for the only Power Rangers representation in any version of the Strictly format thus far even if it comes from what I consider to be the worst season of Power Rangers. I'm still waiting for DWTS in America to get on the act--especially considering we just had a season in which a SYTYCD alumnus was the Yellow Ranger.

And finally... DON'T DISRESPECT LAUREN LIKE THAT. HER PASO, JIVE AND SALSA WERE WAY BETTER THAN PEOPLE GIVE CREDIT FOR. SHE DESERVED TO HAVE BEEN IN THE FINAL OVER JOE AND I WILL NEVER LET THAT GO.

Aww, it would have been great to have you in the game to bring more Dancing Brasil representatives in the game. :( Those of us that watched only really caught up and saw the first season. I don't think the rest of us have as strong knowledge on that series like you.

Aww not surprised of these Lauren comments. I nearly cut her then but would have given her best dances it's props, namely I loved her Viennese Waltz. ❤️ 

Again, sorry for the massive delay. I've been super busy lately with work and stuff. This will be back up and running today once I update the first page.

Also: Jamelia & Zaraah Abrahams are now immune until Top 180.

By my calculations, we have 2 more cycles to go before we hit that halfway point in the rankdown.

Aww glad to have you back Amanda. Hope all is going well! :hug: 

Nicee at almost reaching the halfway point! 😄 

CYCLE 5: THE NEVER-NOMINEES

giphy.gif

This cycle, we're going with a rankdown classic, the never-nominated round. I have put all the names of the celebrities who have yet to be nominated in blue text on the front page. (If you noticed I made any errors here, please correct me). At least half of your nominees must be those who have yet to be nominated. That means out of your 8 celebrities, 4 must be someone who wasn't nominated in a past round.

THE RULES

1. When it is their turn, each ranker will nominate 8 celebrities, 4 of which must be celebs who were never nominated in a previous cycle.

2. On a first come, first serve basis, the remaining 4 rankers will cut one celebrity and save one celebrity. 

3. You have 30 minutes from when you make your initial cut post to produce your write-up. You must 100-word write-up that includes a picture for your cut to be valid.

4. If the 30 minutes pass, someone else can swoop in and steal your cut if you don't refresh in time.

5. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING OF YOUR INITIAL CUT/SAVE POST FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. Please quote it in a new post if you need to make changes.

6. Immunities are officially in play. If a celeb you gave private immunity to is nominated, you can use your immunity and choose the replacement nominee. HOWEVER, you are not allowed to cut the celeb you choose as the replacement nominee.

7. You CANNOT nominate any celebrities with public immunity or any celebrities saved in the round immediately before yours.

8. You have 24 hours to make your cut/save. Please ask for an extension if necessary. If 24 hours pass without a request for an extension, the nominator will get to stage a takeover and make the cut in your place.

NOMINATION ORDER

WbEzqzk.png

1. @rpryor03

2. @Stephhyy

3. @*Lily

4. @*Wallace

5. @*Chris

Richard can start us off when he's ready!

I also see the Strictly Series 13 names all mostly highlighted in green (like Jay/Georgia/Kellie/Anita - where I think only Jamelia’s is supposed to be green.

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

OH boy, we are gonna have to nominate some really great dancers, I take it. :shock: :haha: 

I think if you search hard enough, there’s still some fodder that has slipped through the cracks.

35 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I also see the Strictly Series 13 names all mostly highlighted in green (like Jay/Georgia/Kellie/Anita - where I think only Jamelia’s is supposed to be green.

Good catch! I will fix that now.

I'll do you one better than this, Amanda. All eight nominees are never-nominees.

Cherie Lunghi
Chris Hollins
Patsy Kensit
Lisa Riley
Nicky Byrne
Anita Rani
Ore Oduba
Gemma Atkinson

Have fun!

Patsy Kensit

Showbiz%2010-1.jpg

A bit of a fun fact, I had Patsy on my shortlist of noms for a few rounds but never got around to nominating her. I am sure I would have done so this round, but might as well cut her now as I feel the least connected with her out of these noms. :haha:

Patsy Kensit is an actress, best known for her roles on ITV Soap opera’s Emmerdale and BBC’s drama Holby City, who competed on Strictly Come Dancing Series 8, where she was partnered with Robin Windsor (who was his first Strictly partner). This was also my first Strictly series I watched in live time so Ido have a bit of a connection to this specific series - even though I don’t really have that for Patsy. But yeah Patsy was quite good/decent and made it to 7th place. She was robbed by Ann Widdecombe, as was everyone that was eliminated before Ann on that series. Here is an overview of Patsy’s dances….

Week 1: Waltz to “When I Need You” scoring a 22 (4/6/6/6)

Week 2: Salsa to “Canned Heat” scoring a 28 (7/7/7/7)

Week 3: Quickstep to “Black Horse and the Cherry Tree” scoring a 24 (5/6/7/6)

Week 4: Charleston to “Hot Honey Rag” scoring a 28 (6/8/7/7)

Week 5: Jive to “Monster Mash” scoring a 31 (7/8/8/8)

Week 6: Cha-Cha to “All the Lovers” scoring a 29 (6/8/7/8)

Week 7: Viennese Waltz to “Anyone who Had a Heart” scoring a 32 (7/9/8/8)

Week 8: Samba to “Copacabana” scoring a 28 (6/7/8/7)

Week 9: Argentine Tango to “They” scoring a 28 (7/8/8/7)

All in all, Patsy had a fairly good and decent run. I don’t feel like she was ever able to compete or battle it out against the best celebs that series like Kara, Matt, Pamela and Scott - but she did well with most of her dances. Her Viennese Waltz stood out as my favorite from her. I did enjoy her Jive too. I can’t really remember the rest of her dances but am sure I enjoyed them. I also remember Patsy being on Celebrity Big Brother UK, some years after her time on Strictly, which was an interesting experience to see. I’ll close this out with some dances from Patsy & Robin.

Saving: Ore Oduba

1482070415-strictly-come-dancing-2016-wi

9 hours ago, *Amanda said:

I think if you search hard enough, there’s still some fodder that has slipped through the cracks.

Good catch! I will fix that now.

Oooh I suppose that's true. There are a lot of options to choose from at least. :haha: 

4 minutes ago, rpryor03 said:

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

He shouldn't go this soon though. 😘 

Nicky Byrne

Strictly' Nicky Byrne 'can win show'

Nicky Bryne is a former footballer and singer, who was in the group Westlife. He was on the 10th Series of Strictly Come Dancing, partnering with Karen Hauer. They came 6th out of 14 couples with an average of 26.6 out of 40.

I’m going to recap his dances:

• Week 1: Waltz to I Wonder Why by Curtis Stigers, scoring a 17 out of 40 (2, 5, 5, 5).
  • Week 2: Cha-Cha-Cha to Dynamite to Taio Cruz, scoring a 18 out of 40 (4, 5, 4, 5).
  • Week 3: Quickstep to Hey Pachuco from The Mask, scoring a 27 out of 40 (6, 7, 7, 7).
  • Week 4: Tango to Weird Science by Oingo Boingo, scoring a 26 out of 40 (6, 6, 7, 7).
  • Week 5: Rumba to I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith, scoring a 25 out of 40 (4, 7, 7, 7).
  • Week 6: Foxtrot to The Best Is Yet to Come by Michael Buble, scoring a 30 out of 40 (7, 7, 8, 8).
  • Week 7: Jive to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley, scoring a 30 out of 40 (6, 8, 8, 8).
  • Week 8: Charleston to Doop by Doop, scoring a 36 out of 40 (all 9’s).
  • Week 9: Argentine Tango to Skyfall by Adele, scoring a 30 out of 40 (7, 8, 7, 8).
  • Week 10: American Smooth/Samba fusion to Troublemaker by Olly Murs, scoring a 27 out of 40 (5, 7, 8, 7).

Looking at his journey he wasn’t a standout, however he did improve throughout the season, with his Charleston being the standout dance for him. I know we are getting to the point of the ranking where average dancers are not good enough and I think this is a fair spot for him to go considering the amount of talent let.

I will post his Charleston here:

SAVING: Anita Rani