DWTS International Rankdown

*Amanda

Yay the Emma save. ❤️. Sunetra was one of my cut choice options. I like her but she's a fair cut at This point.

There's two I'm hoping gets saved, so fingers crossed for them. :shiver: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

Yay the Emma save. ❤️. Sunetra was one of my cut choice options. I like her but she's a fair cut at This point.

There's two I'm hoping gets saved, so fingers crossed for them. :shiver: 

Look at your PM!

VICK HOPE

Vick-Hope-1013914.jpg?r=1537614217143

Vick Hope was a celebrity that I didn't really know much about, prior to her apperance on Strictly Come Dancing in 2018 - I remember her involvement with some reality TV competition but that was pretty much it. On the show, she was partnered with Graziano Di Prima - I believe that she had a lot of potential but she wasn't one of the top tier contestant in my opinion. And for a recap, here's a quick overview of her dances;

• Week 1 - Jive: It wasn't a good jive - I blame it more on the song than her dancing. She had ton of personality, but there was something lacking with her performance - lots of hesitation, and I feel like your eyes was more on Graziano than her. It received a score of 18 out of 40!

• Week 2 - Waltz: I think this is my favourite of hers? I thought she was elegant and she danced it well - she really showed her potential. It got a score of 27 out of 40; one of the top scores of the week.

• Week 3 - Salsa: It was very theatrical but the routine didn't do much for me - I felt it took forever to get the elements. A score of 27, again!

• Week 4 - Quickstep:  Her best dance when it comes to the score, which was a 29. I did enjoy it but I still preferred her in the Waltz.

• Week 5 - Cha Cha Cha: Not her best dance but I feel the score were a bit lower, and some of the judges were a bit harsh. But at the end of the day, this was her last dance.

Overall, Vick Hope was a mediocre dancers and I thought her elimination was more than justified during the week, she went home. And we cannot do a write-up about Vick Hope without talking about her comments regarding the planned judges' votes following the dance-off; this created some controversy and apparently she may be banned from future BBC shows. Anyway, I am cutting her cause she's an early boot with mediocre routines.

SAVING: HELEN GEORGE

Edited by *Chris

Vick. ❤️ I had high hopes for her but sadly she wasn't as great as I had hoped. :( Still enjoyed her ballroom dances. But then Graziano wasn't really a great teacher that season and they just didn't gel. Still really like her and glad she made it this far.... but a fair cut. Ooh lol yeah i do remember the controversy you brought up. I was on her side there because ugh the judges kept Seann when they could have gotten rid of him then. 😐 :haha: 

Yayy the Helen save. ❤️ 

Peter Andre

Peter Andre 'has no idea' what the Rumba is

Peter Andre is a singer, best known for his singles “Mysterious Girl” and Flava”. He was also married to Katie Price after meeting on I’m A Celeb UK (They are now divorced and has since remarried). He appeared on the 13th Season of Strictly Come Dancing and was partnered with Janette Manrara. They came in 7th out of 15 couples, with an average of 30.9.

Let’s recap his journey:

• Week 1: He danced a Cha-Cha to Ain’t No Other Man by Christina Aguilera, scoring a 30 out of 40 (7, 8, 8, 7). He had the highest score for Week 1, meaning there was a lot of expectations from him to go far in the competition.
  • Week 2: He danced a Quickstep to Valerie by Mark Ronson feat May Winehouse, scouring a 30 out of 40 (7, 8, 7, 8). Is it me or is there also a Quickstep done to this song in every version of this show.
  • Week 3: He danced the Paso Doble to He’s a Pirate from Pirates of the Caribbean, scoring a 28 out of 40 (all 7’s).
  • Week 4: He danced the Tango to Blue Monday by New Order, scoring a 32 out of 40 (all 8’s).
  • Week 5: He danced a Rumba to Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran, scoring a 29 out of 40 (7, 7, 8, 7).
  • Week 6: He danced a Foxtrot to Ghost by Ella Henderson, scoring a 28 out of 40 (all 7’s).
  • Week 7: He danced a Charleston to Do Your Thing by Basement Jaxx, scoring a 38 out of 40 (9, 10, 9, 10). This was his best and only standout performance.
  • Week 8: He danced the Viennese Waltz to You’re My World by Cilla Black, scoring a 34 out of 40 (8, 9, 8, 9).
  • Week 9: He danced a Jive to River Deep, Mountain High by Ike & Tina Tuner scoring a 29 out of 40 (6, 7, 8, 8).
  • Week 10: He danced the American Smooth to I Get the Sweetest Feeling by Jackie Wilson , scoring a 31 out of 40 (7, 8, 8, 8).

Overall he only had one standout performance in his Charleston, however I think from his scores I would have expected him to be much better, considering his is a singer. But since his season is still  one of the few seasons that is represented the most, I have decided to cut him here (I hope that if we do another rankdown, he goes farther).

I will post his Charleston here:

SAVING: Davood Ghadami

Also, there was a singing version of SCD/DWTS (most of the version though, only lasted a couple of years), and I am only saying this, because a few of the Professional singers of It Takes Two (the Australian singing version of DWTS) were contestants on the Australian version of DWTS.

1 hour ago, Stephhyy said:

Also, there was a singing version of SCD/DWTS (most of the version though, only lasted a couple of years), and I am only saying this, because a few of the Professional singers of It Takes Two (the Australian singing version of DWTS) were contestants on the Australian version of DWTS.

Oooh I'm curious on who you are referring to here? 😮 

Also yay glad Davood got saved. I do really like Peter but do think Davood was better/had more standout dances - so a fair decision.

6 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh I'm curious on who you are referring to here? 😮 

Also yay glad Davood got saved. I do really like Peter but do think Davood was better/had more standout dances - so a fair decision.

David Campbell, Kate Ceberano, David Hobson and Ricki-Lee (although It Takes Two stopped airing before Ricki-Lee did DWTS)

1 minute ago, Stephhyy said:

David Campbell, Kate Ceberano, David Hobson and Ricki-Lee (although It Takes Two stopped airing before Ricki-Lee did DWTS)

Ooh wow that's a lot. :haha: Had no idea Ricki-Lee did the show but yayy for that. :wub: 

3 hours ago, Stephhyy said:

NOMINATIONS:

Alison Hammond

Heloise Martin

Jamelia

Jennifer Hawkins

Kyly Clarke

Melody Thornton

Rachael Fincht

Zaraah Abrahams

Just a refresher so that the other rankers know when they see this thread...

HELOISE MARTIN

heloisemartin-9a7f8c-0@1x.jpeg

A french actress, Héloïse Martin was a contestant on the 9th season of Danse avec les stars in 2018 - she was one of the youngest of the cast at 22 years old. While on the show, she was partnered with Christophe Licata which was a brilliant partnership. She was an incredible dancer - her lines were often clean, on point technically, and consistent, but her biggest downfall was the fact that she did not understand how good of dancer she was - she was lacking confidence in some of the dances which I believe was a direct result from the negative comments she was received on social media regarding her weight.  She finished in 4th place, and here's a quick overview of her time on the show;

• Week 1 - Cha Cha Cha (Mamma Mia): What a way to end the first show! She dances with so much energy & you could see that she was enjoying herself - she was very charismatic throughout the routine. On top of all that, her routine was super cleaned - she received a score of 30 out of 40 which is incredible. The biggest feedback from the judges was to have more confidence in herself!

• Week 2 - Rumba (One Moment In Time): For the 2nd week of the competition, she danced a Rumba which was super good - her technique & lines were super clean, and the lift that they were imposed was done perfectly. She received a score of 31 points, with the addition of 5 points for their lift.

•  Week 3 - Argentine Tango (Man! I feel Like a Woman): This was an interesting song choice for the routine but it somehow worked? They made a statement with the routine that they're front runners in this competition. And onto the routine now, it had all the elements but she was hesitant with some of them - she seemed more confident than normal, though. 

•  Week 4 - Salsa (Spice Up Your Life): I remember being so excited for this routine as I thought the song was super fitting - not a better song for this type of routine. And the expectations were high due to the song & her consistency, unfortunately she struggled with this one - she didn't have the same level energy as past routines & the technique wasn't fully mastered. In other words, this was her first bad routine of the competition - got a score of 27.  She then performed in the face-off against Lio where she did a great tango, and she survived with 69% of the vote.

• Week 5 - Paso Doble (Thriller): This was the week of comeback for her - she did this decent Paso Doble which I thought was decent but nothing special; it scored 29 out of 40. However, the real comeback was the salsa marathon where she earned the max amount of points which brought her in 3rd place on the leaderboard.

•  Week 6 - Foxtrot (Famille): After 6 week of competition, this was her first standard dance - one would think that she would struggled but nope, she danced it elegantly and she had a great connection to the song - also the connection between her and Christophe was amazing.  I normally don't like Foxtrot but I enjoyed hers! They got a score of 32 out of 40, which was on par with the other contestant . However, she found herself in the dance off where she slayed a Samba. 

• Week 7 - Samba (I Want You Back): In my opinion, this is the most underrated routine of hers & the week - the strength of the routine was expressed with the outfit which was not a traditional choice for a Samba which forced us to notice the precision of her technique. They received a score of 29 which was too low, in my opinion.

• Week 7 - Jive (Proud Mary): First of all, can people be original and stop doing a Jive to Proud Mary? But with that being said, I thought this routine was BRILLIANT! She was able to showcase her great technique and her personality & confidence which was the biggest criticism from the judges in the past few week. She received a score of 32 out of 40! You can watch the routine here, if it's available - https://www.tf1.fr/tf1/danse-avec-les-stars/videos/heloise-martin-christophe-licata-christian-millette-ou-proud-mary-ou-jive.html 

•  Week 8 - Tango (Ta mariniere): She danced this routine with her partner & Chris Marques, one of the most critical judge. I thought her posture & her intensity was great, but the choreography? Not so much. Chris was criticizing everyone's choreography, that week, and there his was this? choices. Anyway, the other judges were not petty like him & gave them a good score of 25 out of 30!

•  Week 8 -Jazz Broadway (Don't Rain On My Parade): Very disappointed in this routine - I don't understand why the pro & production always feel the need to give the same song for the same routine? A certain winner slayed this routine during his season, and the expectations were high - the routine was very pedestrian compare to past routine to the same song when a certain winner slayed his routine to this song. In results, her routine felt very pedestrian - it was the dollar stone version of the other routine. And while all of this happened, she struggled with her confidence & doubted herself throughout - this was her last routine, which scored 29 out of 40.

With that being said, Heloise showed the world that she was a star - she was consistent and found herself with this competition. I enjoyed a lot of her routines, and I would not eliminate her now but again, I feel her time is limited in this as she keeps getting nominated & I can only save her so often. And now, here's some of my favourite routines of hers - please enjoy the use of technology and effects by the production. 

SAVING: RACHAEL FINCHT

Edited by *Chris

Alison Hammond

o-ALISON-570.jpg?1

MetallicParallelDobermanpinscher-max-1mb

Gah I was struggling on who to cut and save, as I usually do because you know that’s how I do. :dead: Aww a bit sad to be cutting Alison Hammond, but I think this is a fair spot for Alison to go out on at this point. From her overall scores, she does seem like the weakest dancer out of these nominees so again a fair call. And i do want to give her a good write-up too.

Alison Hammond is a TV Presenter known for currently hosting on ITV’s This Morning. But before that, Alison gained fame on Big Brother UK. I didn’t watch her series but i am sure she was on Series 3? She was an early boot on there. But I applaud her big time for using her fame and to become a national known TV presenter. :yes: Anyway, Alison completed on Strictly Come Dancing Series 12  and was partnered with Aljaz Skorjanec. She lasted 7 weeks and made it to 10th place. Here are her dances:

Week 1: Cha-Cha to “I’m Every Woman” scoring a 26 (6/6/7/7)

Week 2: Foxtrot to “I Just Wanna Make Love to You” scoring a 22 (5/5/6/6)

Week 3: Jive to “Footloose” scoring a 28 (4/5/7/6/6) - would be a 21 with the regular 4 judges

Week 4: Samba to “Bootylicious” scoring a 27 (6/7/7/7)

Week 5: Tango to “Addicted to You” scoring a 23 (5/6/6/6)

Week 6: American Smooth to “Wuthering Heights” scoring a 26 (5/7/7/7)

Week 7: Charleston to “Friend Like Me” scoring a 27 (6/7/7/7)

Overall, Alison was such a fun, bubbly, lively person and those words all describe her personality. She had me cracking up SOO much on the main show and It Takes Two. :lmao: I would say she’s def one of my favorite personalities to come out of the show. ❤️ Sadly her technique and footwork never matched up to par with her personality and performance skills. But she was still so much fun to watch - and ugh def should have outlasted Judy Murray. Being a Destiny’s Child stan of course, my favorite dance from Alison would definitely be her Samba. I also liked her Cha-Cha and Charleston - aka the dances where she got to showcase her fun personality.

I will go a bit off-topic here but I  also enjoy watching Alison’s interviews and I remember one she did with Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford that went viral, and girl had THEM CRACKING UP. I gotta post that. As well as a montage of her best moments on This Morning.

But yeah I can’t express what a fun and great person Alison is and I hope my write-up did her some justice. I will close this out with her memorable and hilarious Strictly moment of her dress covering Aljaz’s face on their American Smooth dance off. :haha: Alison’s reaction with her laughter is THE BEST. :dead: 

Saving: Kyly Clarke

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQk0B_cKOQvbEdBE2G1TCF

Allison wasn't the best dancer but she's a breath of fresh air!

I always love her interviews - I'm pretty sure she interviewed Celine, once, and it was featured in one of Celine's documentary where she asks Celine how it feels to be Celine Dion :haha:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Allison wasn't the best dancer but she's a breath of fresh air!

I always love her interviews - I'm pretty sure she interviewed Celine, once, and it was featured in one of Celine's documentary where she asks Celine how it feels to be Celine Dion :haha:

Agreed. :yes:  

LOL didn't see this but this sounds funny. :haha: So Alison there. :haha: 

Alison :( I love her, such an angel. But also a fair cut.

Putting this here to remind me of who’s left:

Lesley Garrett

Tamsyn Lewis

Jennifer Hawkins

Melody Thornton

Since I can’t cut/save Tamsyn or Lesley..I will sabe Melody and cut Jennifer. And will aim to get this up soon.

Jennifer Hawkins

1412487855562_wps_24_Dancing_with_the_Stars_Au.jpg

Jennifer, a former Miss Universe, was on Season 4 of Dancing with the Stars Australia, dancing with Sergei Bolgarschii. I watched her Rumba which Stephy linked and I thought it was a pretty number. She had really nice lines and looked gorgeous - something about her kinda reminds me of Stacy Keibler, not as good a dancer but just how she looks when she dances. This seemed to be one of her stronger numbers, as otherwise, her scores were mostly in the 20s range. Alongside the Rumba, she also danced the Paso Doble which scored 31. She lasted six weeks in the competition and placed sixth, although she did have better average scores than the fourth and fifth placers of the season, so maybe should have gone a little further. I think she's a fair cut at this point, though.

Saving Melody Thornton