idolforums.com
*Amanda

DWTS International Rankdown

Paula Chavas did Bailando 4 times :dead: 

16 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Can you include all of Pamela Anderson's participation? 

What international versions have she been on? :dead: 

1 minute ago, *Amanda said:

Bailando por un Sueño (Argentina) and France :haha:

We should include dancing on ice too :dead:

5 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Bailando por un Sueño (Argentina) and France :haha:

Good to know. :haha:

I just remembered that there’s like 1 season of DWTS Brazil  that I watched thanks to MarineDynamite, so I’ll be including some celebs from there.

And that Gleb was a pro on the Russian version and that’s when he got his ringer celeb with Adelina Sotnikova. From what I recall, he posted all of their dances on his YouTube channel.

20 hours ago, Deeee said:

I will be stanning Alesha Dixon, Alexandra Burke, Ashley Roberts, Danny Mac, and Courtney Act from the sidelines. :wub:

Yayyy, SO glad you love them all. :wub: 

20 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Up to 4 apps so far!

9 hours ago, *Amanda said:

So far, we have Australia, Ireland, France & UK represented in this.

I’m gonna be adding a few celebs from New Zealand season 8, which I have been watching these past few days.

YAYYY!!! 😄 

Oh yeah I should probably get to watching that season. :haha: 

4 hours ago, Stephhyy said:

Should we add Chris Hemsworth for the lols, as he was on the Australian version and there is a video of him on YouTube?

3 hours ago, *Lily said:

I included him in my application just for fun :dead:

lol yesss, we might as well include him. :haha: I included a few lolzy and terrible people for some easy early boots. :lmao: 

3 hours ago, *Chris said:

Can you include all of Pamela Anderson's participation? 

LOL YESS, please. :dead: 

3 hours ago, *Chris said:

Paula Chavas did Bailando 4 times :dead: 

WTH? :dead: 

3 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Good to know. :haha:

I just remembered that there’s like 1 season of DWTS Brazil  that I watched thanks to MarineDynamite, so I’ll be including some celebs from there.

And that Gleb was a pro on the Russian version and that’s when he got his ringer celeb with Adelina Sotnikova. From what I recall, he posted all of their dances on his YouTube channel.

Ahh yes i remember watching some of DWTS Brazil from Marine too but forgot who i liked from there.

SHOOOOT I also just remembered I watched a Spanish version of DWTS a few years ago and liked some people on there. Danyell (sp), a US male gymnast was on there and he was really good - and I liked a few others on there too.

Oh yeah, if you guys can think of more suggestions definitely post them here.

I still need one more app before this officially begins.

Also, I just remembered that Pasquale won DWTS Belgium with Julie Vermeire literally months before he participated on Ireland 4. All of their dances are on youtube, so I'll have to go check them out.

Very amazing and impressive that he won 2 different versions of the show within months of each other.

I just remember the Top 4 from Mira Quién Bail (Season 5), but they were all really good and worth checking out, so I will include them.

Dayanara Torres

Ana Patricia Gámez

Danell Leyva

Ektor Rivera

Just now, *Amanda said:

Also, I just remembered that Pasquale won DWTS Belgium with Julie Vermeire literally months before he participated on Ireland 4. All of their dances are on youtube, so I'll have to go check them out.

Very amazing and impressive that he won 2 different versions of the show within months of each other.

Mhmm I mentioned that after his win with Lottie on IRL. I did not expect Pasquale to pull off two wins in two different countries but that is super impressive! :omg:  I can only think of Kym Johnson pulling that off - but others could have too?

I suppose I should list some host picks:

DWTS New Zealand - Season 8

Manu Vatuvei

Laura Daniel

Clinton Randall

William Waiirua

The Top 4 this season are all great! Sadly, the season didn't have many strong females outside of Laura.

Dancing Brasil - Season 1

Maytê Piragibe

Jade Barbosa

Leo Miggiorin

Mika

Sheila Mello

Bianca Rinaldi

I remember really liking each of the Top 6 to some extent, so I'm adding them in. Maytê and Jade would definitely be IDF's It Girls if they watched the season as it aired.

And then some choices from various versions:

Adelina Sotnikova - Russia Season 9, 2nd place

Julie Vermiere - Belgium Season 2, Winner

These two, I have watched their dances (yes, I spent the night watching Julie's) because I was familiar with their pros (Gleb and Pasquale respectively) and knew they had gotten to the finales of their respective seasons. 

Videos for the Brasil celebs, Adelina, and Julie are easily accessible on Youtube. I am trying to find dance clips for New Zealand, but if I can't, I will provide a link to the full episodes for that season.

Thanks for those additions there Amanda!

14 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Argentina, France and Dancing on Ice (UK). 

So far, I have had 286 different names suggested for this. :dead: I did not expect this many, but Wally listed like half the cast for each season because he likes everyone. :dead: 

Aiming to get this number up to 300 because I think that would be a good number, so if anyone has more suggestions, let me know.

25 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

So far, I have had 286 different names suggested for this. :dead: I did not expect this many, but Wally listed like half the cast for each season because he likes everyone. :dead: 

Aiming to get this number up to 300 because I think that would be a good number, so if anyone has more suggestions, let me know.

What seasons did Wally listed, cause I might have a few more for the Aussie version

27 minutes ago, Stephhyy said:

What seasons did Wally listed, cause I might have a few more for the Aussie version

Wally listed suggestions for Australia 14-17, so you could give more for earlier seasons.

Also, please point me in the direction of videos for your suggested dancers, everyone. Specifically Australia, France, Ireland seasons 1 & 2, and the earlier seasons of Strictly. Oh, and Pam Anderson on Argentina. We need to make master posts with the celebs' dances so people can educate themselves properly.

I've got the majority of Strictly and all the people I suggested covered.

I still need 1 more person to apply for this.

In the meantime, I am going to be making the video master posts for the celebs included in this over the next week. Those will be linked on the front page for easy access. (!) 

We're up to 293 celebs now. I'm gonna throw in a few more host choices to get us up to 300.

Posted (edited)

Here is the first of my master post series - Wikipedia articles for all of the versions so you can reference them during your write ups!

These are all of the versions I am anticipating being represented:

Bailando por un Sueño (Argentina) Season 7

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bailando_2011

Dancing With the Stars Australia Seasons 1-17

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_with_the_Stars_(Australian_TV_series)

Dancing Brasil Season 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_Brasil_(season_1)

Danse avec les stars (France) Seasons 1-9

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danse_avec_les_stars

Let's Dance (Germany) Seasons 1-14

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let's_Dance_(German_TV_series)

Dancing With the Stars Ireland Seasons 1-4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_with_the_Stars_(Irish_TV_series)

Dancing With the Stars New Zealand Season 8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_with_the_Stars_(New_Zealand_series_8)

Taniec z Gwiazdami (Poland) Season 12

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taniec_z_Gwiazdami_(season_12)

Mira quién baila (Spanish) Season 5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mira_quién_baila_(season_5)

Strictly Come Dancing (United Kingdom) Seasons 1-17

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strictly_Come_Dancing

Belgium & Russia do not have detailed season pages, but videos of the celebs for those versions are on YouTube so y'all will just have to go off of that.

Edited by *Amanda

If you need dances for the french version, I can help you!

Also, I now have 5 apps so thus will be starting once I finish the master posts.

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

If you need dances for the french version, I can help you!

That would be great. Thanks!

This is my last call for applicants and celeb suggestions. (!)  I will be announcing the rankers and celebs tonight.

(And will then start the process of posting videos for as many celebs as I can. :dead: )

Also, if you applied, please PM me the judge you want me to use as your representation in the ranker graphic I will be making. It can be any judge from any version as long as they weren't also a celebrity who competed on the show before hand.

4 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Also, if you applied, please PM me the judge you want me to use as your representation in the ranker graphic I will be making. It can be any judge from any version as long as they weren't also a celebrity who competed on the show before hand.

@*Wallace 

( @Stephhyy although I know she's in a completely different time zone than the rest of us. :haha: )

4 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

@*Wallace 

( @Stephhyy although I know she's in a completely different time zone than the rest of us. :haha: )

DM'ed you!

On 4/4/2020 at 1:40 AM, *Amanda said:

LOL I didn't like ALL of those names I listed. I suggested some easy/fodder types to make the first cycle/first few rounds go easy. :haha: Cause yeah it would be a struggle if I just listed all those that I liked. :haha: