DWTS International Rankdown

*Amanda

tumblr_m77xdfvtdl1r7lreno1_500.gif

Nominations:

Paula Chaves (Bailando por un Sueno Season 7)

Nikki Webster 

Lynne McGranger

Sarah Lombardi

Claire King

Fiona Fullerton

Justin Melvey

Anh Do

Mat Rogers 

Emmanuel Moire 

Ladji Doucouré

Ingolf Luck

Benjamin Piwko

Glen Osbourne

Julian Clary 

Robbie Savage

PAULA CHAVES (BAILANDO 2011)

Paula-Chaves-2.jpg

Paula Chaves is a model, actress and a TV host who seems to be very popular in Argentina - she was the runner up of Bailando in 2010. She then stepped in when Pamela Anderson had withdrew - I assume their rules is a bit different, and it seems that the way the show works is very different from your regular Dancing With The Stars. On the 2011 version, she was partnered with Pablo Juin, where they were semifinalist with 41% of the votes - they danced a lot of dances, Wikipedia told me that they danced closed to 20 dances; I've seen some of her routines and she knows how to command the dance floor, and she was clearly loved by the fan and the judges. But as she's not that known among us, this is fair cut!

SAVING: EMMANUEL MOIRE

GLEN OSBORNE

giphy.gif

Glen Osborne is an New Zealand television presenter who is best known for his career as a Rugby player where he played for the national team known as All Blacks - he played rugby for about 5 years before retiring. Following his rugby career, he pursue his career as a police officer where he serves his community.  And he was recently featured on the recent season of Dancing With The Stars: New Zealand where he was partnered with Vanessa Cole whom found success in the 2 previous season. It is fair to say that she didn't find much success with Glen as they were eliminated in 6th place, but let's take a look at his routines, as he may have been good;

• Week 1 - Tango:  He was a bit stiffed throughout the routine, he didn't really look at ease. He struggled a bit, but I do appreciate his commitment to the dance. I am a bit surprised that the judges really enjoyed it though - they're very nice compare to other versions. They received a score of 17 out of 30!

• Week 2 - Samba:  He gave its all, and seemed to have more confident. He's definitely not the best technical dancer but he has personality & cannot blame the judges for enjoying him - a score of 24, though I don't think he would have received this score if it was on another version.

• Week 3 - Waltz: It was beautifully danced, but I don't get much excitement watching him. The quality of routines isn't near other version if I am being honest - a score of 26 out of 30, so the judges really love him

•  Week 4 - Cha Cha Cha: It was fun but nothing special; judges are obsessed with him. A score of 24.

•  Week 5 - Quickstep: His dancing was a bit mediocre in this routine, I still don't understand the love he's receiving from the judges - score of 23.

•  Week 6 - Foxtrot: At this point of the competition, he's quite mediocre and not really improving.

• Week 7 - Jive: Wanted more from the Jive, and a score of 25.

•  Week 8 - Salsa: After not giving us any progress, he finds himself eliminated from the competition with a score of 24 for their Salsa.

Overall thoughts? He was very mediocre as a dancer - not giving me anything special, and quite a bit overrated by the judges. I am not sure if it's because I am use to cutthroat judges because I feel he would not have been near those scores on Danse avec les stars, Strictly Come Dancing, or Dancing With The Stars: US. Anyway, mediocre does not cut it and he's out of this rankdown.

SAVING: LADJI DOUCOURE

Edited by *Chris

Lynne McGranger

Lynne McGranger says Dancing With The Stars will show the real her ...

Lynne McGranger is an actress, best known in Australia for her role as Irene Roberts in the popular soap opera, Home and Away. She was on Season 14 of the Australian version of Dancing with the Stars, partnering Carmelo Pizzino, where they came in second place. She had an overall average of 29.5 out of 40 (they had 4 judges this season). I won’t go into that much detail of her journey, however some of the highlights she had was in her team dance with Matt Cooper and Tai Hara, where they did a team fusion dance of Tango and Paso Doble. The team highlighted that Lynne was the weakest link in the dance, but masked her dancing with a stick to help her. Another highlight was her Charleston in the semi-finals, where she danced it well. I feel like now is a time to cut her as I don’t remember much of the rest of her journey, however I felt like she relied on her fans too much and not on her dancing (plus, I just want Ricki-Lee to beat her in this game), so I think this is a fair spot for her to go out on.

SAVING: Mat Rogers

Anh Do

Anh Do, Luda Kroitor - Anh Do Photos - "Dancing With The Stars ...

Anh Do is a comedian and came second place in Season 7 on Dancing with the Stars Australia. He was partnered with Luda Kroitor, who usually does well with her partners and Anh was no exception. His average for the season was a 28.1 out of 40 (4out of 10 couples). I didn’t really watch Season 7, however I am pretty sure that he only went so far because he is a comedian and he is popular as a comedian in Australia. I know for a fact that he did not do well scoring wise towards the end of the competition and that is the reason I am cutting him.

Ingolf Luck

Benjamin Piwko

benjamin-piwko-isabel_0.jpg?itok=H_giBV-3

Benjamin is an actor and martial artist, who was also the first deaf contestant to appear on Let's Dance Germany. I watched a highlight reel of his time on the show which included some clips of all the dances, so can't give complete judgement but at least get to see what he did. The dances which stood out the most to me from the clips included his Waltz (23 points), Quickstep (21), Paso Doble (26), Rumba (27), Flamenco (30) and Tango (30). Lmao in the middle there was a Jive which wasn't so good but it was to "Don't Speak" by No Doubt... one of the weirdest dance/song combos I've seen in all these shows. Also a Foxtrot to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana? :haha: It felt like he was much better at the slower dances mostly as well as the ones where I guess he could show more intense personality. A lot of the more fun/upbeat numbers he notably had some struggles in. But he ended making it to third place! I enjoyed watching what I saw and will probably go check out some of those better routines in full.

Saving Nikki Webster

Fiona Fullerton

p01jbcf8.jpg

Fiona appeared on Strictly in 2013 where she was partnered with Anton. I remember her being quite a strange casting because, after appearing in a couple of films in the 70s and 80s, she from what I know pretty much left the public eye and was working as a realtor or something? And then Strictly was the first thing she'd really done publicly since. Also, although she was one of the older celebrities, people were happy she got Anton as she showed some promise which isn't something he's used to with his partners. I thought Fiona did pretty well on the show and she had some enjoyable routines, I liked her Halloween Charleston, her Bond-themed Tango and also most of her ballroom dances. That was kinda as expected, she struggled more in the Latin routines which Anton's partners usually do. She left the competition in Week 8, which was fair.

I remember after the finale, Fiona did some news column talking about all the finalists and praising Abbey, Sophie and Natalie, before randomly just turning on Susanna and talking about how she didn't like her. Tbh I also preferred everyone over Susanna in that finale, but it was super weird for Fiona to talk about it in the article so normally. I just found the quote she used.

"All those votes from Grimsby couldn’t save Susanna Reid, who approached this competition with a PR campaign driven with military precision. There was definitely an Obama-style use of social media and a lack of charm that left most of us bewildered. Every time she entered Tess’s room there were uncomfortable mutterings. It seemed she’d convinced the media she was the outright winner."

So yeah, that was a strange moment. :haha: Fair cut here, anyway.

Saving Claire King

#bless Stephhy with the Lynne cut. Lynne was a nice lady and had some decent dances but I did find her overscored throughout her run and was mad that she outlasted Ricki-Lee too. So yeah I’m happy Ricki-Lee gets to outlast her here. :haha:

A Jive to “Don’t Speak” and a Foxtrot to “Smells Like Teen Spirit”? I don’t get it. Make it make sense. :dead:

OMGG Fiona’s shading/trashing Susanna is crazy hilarious. :dead: I think i remember reading that at the time it happened but I forgot all about it over the years. Wow her comments there were so blunt and hilarious. :lmao:Especially cracking up at the Obama style / PR driven campaign comments and the media outright winner comment. :haha: 

JULIAN CLARY

1441377650-b0f81df571af3c4a3a1460d81cae0

Julian Clary, a stand-up comedian, was on season 2 of SCD where he danced with Erin Boag. They finished in third because he was the funny (and by that, I mean camp as f*ck) contestant, despite an average score ranking of fifth. SCD Season 2 was only ever a competition between Jill and Denise, so he just kind sneaked his way in. Although, fun fact, this makes him the only SCD finalist to make it there despite never getting the pimp slot, which is an impressive statistic.

Saved: Robbie Savage

JUSTIN MELVEY

c69b9625434ba124755c5eea27fa5735--kym-jo

An actor best known for being in Australian soap operas, Justin Melvey was on the first season of the Australian DWTS where he was partnered with Kym Johnson (who would later come over and do the US show as well). Much like everyone we're cutting now, he was acceptable and finished third. (Also, never4get that an old racist lady had the best scores over the whole season). That season, there was a clear dropoff after Pauline (eugh) and Bec.  I'm glad that he did well enough with Kym for her to come here and meet her now-husband, but beyond that? Eh.

Saved: Sarah Lombardi

Nominations

Aidan Fogarty

Aled Jones

Alex Jones

Ben Cohen

Bianca Rinaldi

Danny John-Jules

Ed Kavalee

Elsa Esnoult

Kostya Tazyu

Laila Rouass