DWTS International Rankdown

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"ugh first? 😐  Why does the Randomizer hate me? GAH, okay, nominations will be up sometime tonight once I figure out what to do with this information."   There, @*Wallace, I saved you the tr

For the trainwreck lovers, I am adding in this guy.        

Sorry for the delay everyone!   I have reached out to Richard on twitter. Once I find out whether or not he is able to continue on in this, I will figure out a plan to move forward. Hopefull

Posted Images

DENIS BASTICK

0011b1a9-500.jpg

Who is Denis Bastick? He is a Gaelic footballer which means that the majority of us have no clue who he is. But with that being said, he appeared on the third series of Dancing With The Stars: Ireland where he was partnered with Valeria Milova, who won the first series of Dancing With The Stars with her partner, Aida O'Mahony. On the show, Denis found a way to make it through the competition by pushing himself and improving, week after week. Now, let's take a look at some of his routines;

• Week 1 - American Smooth:  I did not see this routine as there's no video of it, but I don't think it was anything marvelous considering he received a score of 15 out of 30.
  • Week 3 - Cha-Cha-Cha: Another routine that I did not see, but he received a score of 17 out of 30.
  • Week 4 - Tango: Did not see it but does not seem to be a good routine due to the score of 14. 
  • Week 5 - Charleston:  This routine was for the most memorable year, and the Charleston was super fun - far from being the best Charleston I've seen. And the judges seemed to like it as it receive a score of 23 out of 30 which was his best score, to date.
  • Week 6 - Jive: He danced this with Giulia, and it was a decent jive but again, nothing too special.
  • Week 7 - Waltz: It was not terrible but did not care for the routine; he end up having a score of 20.
  • Week 8 - Foxtrot: It was beautifully danced, and easily one of his best. And got a score of 23, one of his better score.
  • Week 9 - Paso Doble: A fiery Paso Doble, to Denis' standard. It was quite good but a bit too late in the competition to start impressing everyone. This was his last dance and received a score of 24 out of 30, for it. 

Overall, Denis is far from being a great dancer - he had his moment but he proved to be a mediocre dancer. And at the end of the season he had an average of 20.7 where he ranked in 6th place so on par with his actual placement.

SAVING: ANH DO

Edited by *Chris

Kenny Logan

Kenny Logan and Ola Jordan

Kenny Logan is a retired Scottish Rugby union player who played for the Glasgow Warriors, Wasps and London Scottish a professional level. He was on Season 5 of Strictly Come Dancing, partnered with Ola Jordan. He came 5th overall, he was equal tenth in averages.

Let’s highlight some of his dances:

Week 1: He danced a Waltz to Are You Lonesome Tonight by Elvis Presley, scoring him a 21 out of 40 (4, 5, 6, 6). This dance was okay, however he had this petrified look on his face throughout the dance.

Week 4: He danced a Samba to Mujer Latina by Thalia, scoring him a 18 out of 40 (3, 4, 6, 5). This was his weakest dance, as this was so awkward. He didn’t even dance, yes he was shaking his hips, however he was stomping around the floor rather than dancing.

Week 8: He danced an American Smooth to How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You) by Marvin Gay, scoring him a 30 out of 40 (6, 8, 8, 8). This was this best dance to date, however one of the weaker dances of the night.

Week 9: He danced a Foxtrot to They Can’t Take That Way from Me by Robbie Williams, scoring a 30 out of 40 (7, 7, 8, 8). Another one of his best dances. He also he a Rumba to Fields of Gold by Eva Cassidy, scoring a 23 out of 40 (4, 5, 6, 6). He had one great dance and one not so great dance, but he was the weakest dancer left and went home this week.

Here are the dances I highlighted:

SAVING: Dicko

Victoria Pendleton

MV5BODhiNjY0NzctODVkZi00YWViLWJiYmUtMGI3

It took me a really long time to decide on who I wanted to cut as I had a few people in mind. And I was also debating whether if Victoria should continue on a little longer or should go now but ultimately I decided she can go now. Victoria Pendleton is an Olympic winning sprint track cyclist who was on the 10th Series of Strictly Come Dancing and was partnered with Brendan Cole, where she placed 8th. And well you can already guess it but this was another shaky Brendan partnership, except i don’t remember the awkwardness of this partnership. I do remember Victoria seemingly being very nervous with performing. Maybe she was viewed as a frontrunner or someone with potential being a young beautiful athlete, but outside of a few dances I don’t think she lived up to them. I will break down Victoria’s run during her time on Strictly.

Week 1: Cha-Cha to “Spinning Around” scoring a 16 (3/4/5/4)

Oooh this was a really terrible Cha-Cha. She made a number of mistakes in this dance and just looked terrified while performing this. This was the lowest scorer of the week.

Week 2: Foxtrot to “Moondance” scoring a 26 (6/6/7/7)

Reallly nice Week 2 dance and much improved from her previous dance. This was a nice and cute dance. 

Week 3: Rumba to “Up Where We Belong” scoring a 22 (4/5/7/6)

OMGG a dance that had different scores from all of the judges. This always cracks me up. :dead: I don’t remember this dance too much but I am sure it was lacking the romantic chemistry needed. Her Latin wasn’t ever good so I am sure this wasn’t good.

Week 4: Tango to “White Wedding” scoring a 16 (3/4/5/4)

Victoria had us al shock and delivered a really strong and really good Halloween Tango. She was proving to be a ballroom girl. This was definitely one of her very best dances. She was 2nd on the leaderboard (out of 12) and even bested out the frontrunners this week.

Week 5: Samba to “It’s Not Unusual” scoring a 23 (6/6/6/5)

Sadly the difficult of the Samba got to Victoria and she made a big drop in points. This Samba was meh. Not terrible or her complete worst but nothing special. She was 10th out of 11th on the leaderboard.

Week 6: Quickstep to “Luck Be a Lady” scoring a 30 (7/7/8/8)

Victoria’s rollercoaster journey continues. This was a really good Victoria dance and one of her best once again. I remember thinking this was a really cute, charming and nicely done dance. She was good in hold and looked comfortable here.

Week 7: Paso Doble to “Bicycle Race” scoring a 24 (5/6/7/6)

Victoria’s up and down roller coaster journey continues once again. :haha: OMGG I remember disliking this dance with a strong fiery passion here. :dead:  OK I disliked everything about this dance from the theme/concept, the song choice, staging and just everything. Nothing worked at all in this dance for me. :no:

Week 8: Salsa to “Candy” scoring a 21 (4/6/6/5)

Yikes sadly a Salsa for Victoria and we know she’s real bad with Latin dances…. so n surprises this was a pretty bad dance from her. She was looking nervous and just didn’t own this dance and didn’t have the proper Latin basics needed. She was at the bottom of the leaderboard this week. She was in the Bottom 2 for the first time and was against Michael Vaughan where she was eliminated.

So yeah Victoria’s journey was a serious up and dow roller coaster type journey. You could make a point for her to stay or or her to go. But overall I just wasn’t really a fan of hers. :( I will post a mix of her best and worst dances. 

Saving: Rachel Riley

GHALiyl.gif?1

DR. RANJ SINGH

200.gif

Dr. Ranj Singh is a doctor known for his show, "Get Well Soon", which was airing on network for children - the show seems to have done well on its own. He is also known for his appearance on different newswork, winning the title of BBC's pointless celebrity, and appearing on the cover of GayTimes. Since all of this success, he appeared on the 16th series of Strictly Come Dancing which was filled with talent - he was partnered with Janette Manrara, our beloved SYTYCD ballroom queen.  He found a way to make it all the way to 10th place by being charismatic. And now, here's a quick overview of his routines;

• Week 1 - Cha Cha Cha: The first routine was danced to "How Will I Know" which I absolutely love. The routine was far from being perfect but it had its moment & it was super fun - I thought this was an excellent Cha Cha Cha for Week 1.

• Week 2 - Salsa:  The routine didn't live up to the expectations of the first week; I cannot stand the song it was danced too. And he had a few mistakes and didn't really have that much Salsa in it for me. It got a score of 24, and luckily it was not the worst dance of the night.

• Week 3 - Quickstep: I remember being disappointed with this routine; it had so much potential with the song choice and hoping he could improve from his Salsa. Unfortunately, the Quickstep was filled with hesitation at times & not enough QUICK STEPS in it. 

• Week 4 - Paso Doble: This was much of an improvement from the Quickstep as Ranj was really in character and it paid off for him - it's far from the being the best paso Doble ever but for Ranj, this was an excellent routine. He showed that he has the potential of improving and delivering good routines.

• Week 5 - American Smooth:  I don't have much opinion on this routine, it was very Ranj with personality but the routine was lacking a "je ne sais quoi"

• Week 6 - Jive: This was danced for the Halloween theme night, and it was absolutely a hot mess -  he was not feeling the music for the jive, and we were not feeling the jive. He was lucky that he survived after this routine.

• Week 7 - Samba: He was better than I expected, normally when one does not do too good with a Salsa, they struggle with a Samba. And I thought, he really improved from his Salsa and he delivered a good routine. Unfortunately, this was his last routine - at the time of the competition, it was the perfect time for his journey to end.

Overall, Dr. Ranj Sing was someone who always had a smile on when dancing - it brought his joy of living to the dance floor, and it was refreshing to see. He is not the worst dancer but he's also not the best dancer - I think out of the nominees, I am most comfortable cutting him as I don't think anyone would be too upset over it.

SAVING: BRENDAN FEVOLA

Edited by *Chris

Russell Grant

Strictly Come Dancing 2019: Star reveals his outfits took up some ...

Russell Grant is an actor turned astrologer best known for his work being an astrologist on daytime TV. He was on Season 9 of Strictly Come Dancing and he was partnered with Flavia Cacace. He came 8th out of 14 couple and his average for the season was 24.3 out of 40 coming 10th in the averages, so he didn’t necessary rob anyone, but he may have overstayed his welcome a bit.

Now onto his best and worst dances:

Week 1: He danced a Cha-Cha to Venus by Bananarama, scoring a 21 out of 40 (4, 5, 6, 6). I assume he danced it average, but Wally or Lily could confirm to me about this. However this was his worst dance so he did improve.

Week 3: He danced a foxtrot to Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! From Mamma Mia, scoring a 28 out of 40 (6, 7, 7, 8). This was his best dance, he was musical, theatrical and on best for most of the dance.

Week 8: He danced a Jive to Reach by S-Club 7, scoring a 24 out off 40 (5, 6, 6, 7). He was eliminated this week as he was the weakest dancer left in the competition.

From what I have read and saw from a few dances, he was the comedian of the season and that is why he stayed for a while.

I will link his Foxtrot here:

SAVING: Glen Osbourne

Great write-up on Dr. Ranj there @*Chris. I do like him - more so a person/his personality over his dancing but you said everything perfectly on how I feel on his dances. With his Cha-Cha and Samba being my favorites (and Paso was good too) but his Jive and Quickstep being his worst. He was one of the many inconsistent dancers this round I was debating on saving but am fine with this cut. :haha: 

Also good write-up on Russell Grant there too @Stephhyy Yeah he was the comedy/joke act of his season and may have lasted longer than he should have because of it. But he didn't last too long to rob any of the actual contenders or favorites so I didn't mind him lasting so long. Haven't watched his dances in so long but his scores surprises me. He was maybe a better dancer than I remembered? But he is performance over technique for sure.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Great write-up on Dr. Ranj there @*Chris. I do like him - more so a person/his personality over his dancing but you said everything perfectly on how I feel on his dances. With his Cha-Cha and Samba being my favorites (and Paso was good too) but his Jive and Quickstep being his worst. He was one of the many inconsistent dancers this round I was debating on saving but am fine with this cut. :haha: 

Thanks Wally! I agree - I feel a lot of the British celebrities tend to do better because of their personality and not their dances :haha:

Finally catching up on the write-ups;

• Agree regarding Oksana - if Wally didn't cut her, I was going to cut her. I thought her contemporary was super good but once she went into typical ballroom routines, she really struggled. 
  • Victoria was just never meant to be a dancer because those routines were... yikes.  When she was good, she was good but most of the time, she wasn't that good in my opinion.
  • Nancy's run was such a hot mess, and I loved reading Wally's write-up about her her :haha:
  • Like 1

PETER STRINGER

peter-dwts.jpg

A retired rugby player, Peter Stringer was on the third series of DWTS Ireland and was partnered with Ksenia Zsikhotska where they finished seventh out of eleven. They had a perfectly fine run, and we're at the point in the rankdown where we're getting a lot of "well, they were OK but not great."Peter consistently had middle of the road dances with an average score of 18 or so. Of course, that doesn't mean much! (At least the Irish aren't as pro-rugby as us American voters are pro-football, amirite?) Also, he was robbed by Fred, but everyone was. Fred sucked.

SAVED: Rob Heffernan

LESLEY JOSEPH

Strictly-lesley-joseph-CULTURE_trans_NvB

Lesley Joseph, an actress, was on Season 16 of Strictly and was partnered with Anton. Again, like Peter, middle of the road and was robbed (this time, by Ed Balls). She had a standout routine with her Week 4 Charleston but then fell back down the leaderboard doing a Tango (soundtracked by the group that does every DWTS tango, Gotan Project. I mean, the woman had Anton. What more can I say? She was there.

SAVED: Kelly Cartwright

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

Finally catching up on the write-ups;

• Agree regarding Oksana - if Wally didn't cut her, I was going to cut her. I thought her contemporary was super good but once she went into typical ballroom routines, she really struggled. 
  • Victoria was just never meant to be a dancer because those routines were... yikes.  When she was good, she was good but most of the time, she wasn't that good in my opinion.
  • Nancy's run was such a hot mess, and I loved reading Wally's write-up about her her :haha:

Agreed with everything you said. :giggle: Glad you enjoyed my Nancy write-up. One of my favorite hot messes. :wub: 

Peter and Lesley are fair cuts at this point. :yes: I did find Lesley quite good at 70 especially with her Charleston. That was such a surprise. Likewise Peter's standout dance was his Charleston too which I also really liked. :haha: 

Lol bringing in so many Irish dancers made me realize I forgot to bring in Glenda Gilson. Oh well no big deal. :haha: 

MY NOMINATIONS

Anastacia
Pamela Anderson (DALS)
Ywande Biala
Susan Calman
Corneille
Véronic DeCaire
Tameka Emperson
Elsa Esnoult
Ashley Hart
Vick Hope
Brian Joubert
Chloe Lattanzi
Deborah Meaden
Jimmy Rees
Jeremy Vine
Michelle Williams

(And just to let you all know, the reason I haven't been as present recently is that yesterday was my last day of college classes! So I am now a free man.)