DWTS International Rankdown

*Amanda

5 hours ago, *Amanda said:

CYCLE 1: WELCOME TO THE RANKDOWN

tumblr_pyxj41MW6s1vtjxl4o4_500.gifv

Welcome to the first cycle of the DWTS International rankdown! The time has come to start cutting down the 360 celebrities in order to determine which one will win it all. For this first cycle, there are no extra frills or twists when it comes to nominating. This is simply a warm-up cycle before more twists are introduced. When it is your turn, you will nominate 8 celebrities. The other four rankers will then cut one celeb and save one celeb of their choosing.

Remember, video posts for all celebs are linked on the front page so please utilize them if you choose to cut someone you aren't familiar with. (!) 

THE RULES

1. When it is their turn, each ranker will nominate 8 celebrities.

2. On a first come, first serve basis, the remaining 4 rankers will cut one celebrity and save one celebrity.

3. You have 30 minutes to produce a 100-word write-up that includes a picture for your cut to be valid.

4. If the 30 minutes pass, someone else can swoop in and steal your cut if you don't refresh in time.

5. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING OF YOUR INITIAL CUT/SAVE POST FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. Please quote it in a new post if you need to make changes.

6. Immunities are officially in play. If a celeb you gave private immunity to is nominated, you can use your immunity and choose the replacement nominee. HOWEVER, you are not allowed to cut the celeb you choose as the replacement nominee.

7. You CANNOT nominate any celebrities with public immunity or any celebrities saved in the round immediately before yours.

8. You have 24 hours to make your cut/save. Please ask for an extension if necessary. If 24 hours pass without a request for an extension, the nominator will get to stage a takeover and make the cut in your place.

NOMINATION ORDER

szn5EpB.png

1. @rpryor03

2. @*Wallace

3. @*Lily

4. @Stephhyy

5. @*Chris

Richard will kick off the rankdown with his nominations whenever he's ready.

Bringing this over to the new page.

Ann Widdecombe

BelovedUnrealisticApatosaur-max-1mb.gif

Currently writing this from my phone, so I feel like I won’t be able to give Ann as awful of a writeup she deserves. But ima try my best anyway. Ann was a horrible casting on Strictly. Any reality TV show she’s been on, they’ve tried to humanise her or make her a comedy character. Whereas Ann is actually just a terrible person. She’s anti-LGBT rights and has previously voiced support for conversion therapy. She returned to politics last year which is the one thing we don’t need right now lmao. Just retire please.

Anyway, none of this mattered to Strictly. There, she was just a fun comedy character. She couldn’t dance but she talked back to the judges and we were supposed to love her for that. And the show loves to still show her best moments or bring her back in some capacity..I t’s gross. This is usually where I’d highlight the contestant’s best dances but Ann has none. They were all terrible. I guess her most ‘notable’ routines include her Salsa, Samba and Rumba. Also that one where she flew down from the ceiling which I can’t remember now. Oh yes, it was the Tango. Which Len Goodman gave a SEVEN. The same score he gave to Mya’s Rumba. Let that sink in. She made it horrifically far into the competition and finished in sixth place. At least she didn’t win which with most awful ‘comedy’ characters is always a scary thought.

Ann appeared on Celebrity Big Brother a few years later, where she aired more of her horrible views on television and the British public made a right decision for once, as she lost to a drag queen. :wub: Bless Courtney for schooling her all season. She beat her in CBB and obviously she’ll beat her in this too. Ann makes for a totally deserving first boot. Bye.

saving Gemma Collins

Edited by *Lily

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Which Len Goodman gave a SEVEN. The same score he gave to Mya’s Rumba. Let that sink in.

Len Goodman giving the English bigot the same score as a confident, young black woman?

random GIF

PAULINE HANSON

meet-pauline-hanson-2-8649-1467556482-6_dblbig.jpg

It is with pleasure that I am cutting Pauline Hanson! Who is she, you may ask? She is often referred to as the Australian version of Donald Trump.  Paulina Hanson is an Australian politician who is best known as the founder and leader of One Nation, a right-wing populist party, which she founded after being kicked out of the Liberal Party of Australia. Pauline is known for her controversial stance on Indigenous Australians, as well as her anti-immigration & anti-multiculturalism. She was a member of the Australian Parliament until 1998, and came back to prominent when she called on a Muslim ban on Australia, which led her to run for office in 2016 as a Senator where she assumed office – this is primarily due to the electoral system in place in Australia.

And now to her journey on Dancing With The Stars: Australia! She appeared on the first season and was the runner up of the season. And she had the highest average out of everyone, and I saw an article talking about her appearance on shows like DWTS and other competitions may have held her popularity and rise due to the exposure. That being said, we do not accept her views in this rankdown so she is now eliminated. 

SAVING: BRIAN JOUBERT

Fr. Ray Kelly

2_I200106_171621_2433763oTextTRMRMMGLPIC

I figured as I didn’t properly watch most of the Australia seasons or the French seasons I can’t do a proper dragging for those contestants - so there were two options i could drag but i’ll do so with the Ireland contestant - so choosing Fr. Ray for my cut. And I also brought in Fr. Ray as complete fodder and an early cut sooo I might as well do that now. :lmao:

OK so Fr. Ray Kelly is an Irish catholic priest who was on the latest season of DWTS Ireland - Series 4 and he was partnered with new pro Kylee Vincent. Oooh goodness Fr. Ray was one of those HORRIBLE dancers that lasted wayyy wayy too long and far beyond his time. Think of the likes of Sean Spicer as an example. I am sure Fr. Ray is a ~nice guy and did try his hardest but it was really frustrating seeing him continue on the competition while losing much better dancers - which was honestly everyone eliminated before him (even Michael Carruth was slightly better). And ugh it especially sucked losing B*Witchd singer Sinead O’Carrol before Fr. Ray. :broken: He did receive some death threats for lasting so long which is completely uncalled for - people can express their frustrations in much different ways than that.

Fr. Ray had some of the lowest scores ever given on DWTS Ireland history. For instance he had an 8 (2/2/4) for his Foxtrot on Week 1, a 6 (1/2/3) for his Cha-Cha on Week 3 - which was historically low and a 9 (2/3/4) for his Paso Doble on Week 4’s Movie Night. So at least the judges were brutally honest with his scores b ut sadly this drove the Irish to vote for him even more as they felt he was being picked on or something. Fr. Ray did show ~slight improvement~ on Switch-Up week where he was partnered with Giulia who is more used to getting the best out of beginner dancers - as he scored a 14 (4/5/5) with his Charleston. He did receive his highest individual scores which were a 15 which he scored with his Week 7 Jive and Week 10 American Smooth.

I will say the one dance I loved from him was the Team Swing Breakers dance - but that was because the pros, Lottie and Aidan all slayed the dance while Fr. Ray was kept strategically hidden in the back. :giggle: That dance scored his highest score by far - a 27 but that was due to  Lottie and Aidan. 

I’ll end this with a link to him dancing the “Quickstep” on the show. Beware…. this is bad.

Saving: Christopher Parker (of course he was bad but probably the best of the bad dancers of this bunch lol)

Pauline sounds trash so glad she’s gone! Although I don’t think I ever realised she was actually a ‘good’ dancer. I always just imagined she was dragged along so I’m surprised seeing the scores she got.

I low-key stan the trainwreck that is Fr. Ray :giggle: But very fair cut.

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Pauline sounds trash so glad she’s gone! Although I don’t think I ever realised she was actually a ‘good’ dancer. I always just imagined she was dragged along so I’m surprised seeing the scores she got.

Same to be honest - maybe the judges were just generous. 

But yeah, she is something else - I remember hearing about her after the shooting in Orlando. And I was like "bye felicia!". 

Curtly Ambrose

Who Is DWTS Curtly Ambrose Partner Siobhan Power?

Curtly is best known from being in the West Indies Cricket team and somehow famous enough in Australia (I didn't know of him before the show) to do our version of Dancing with the Stars. He was partnered with Siobhan Power who has only done that season and he was not good. He danced a Viennese Waltz in week 1, in which Craig gave him a two and that trend of giving low scores to Curtly (and other celebs that season) would continue. His highest individual dance was his Paso Doble in Week 3 to Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust", and even that was bad. I was tossing up between him and Nancy, however since I watched more of his dances and he did last longer in the competition with low scores, he can go now.

Saving: Nancy Dell'Olio

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

This surprises me about Paulina with her scores. I was expecting her to be a terrible dancer lol.

LMAOOO Yeah I totally get that - now looking back on the season and he didn't actually win. :lmao: But during it.... it was so rough. :haha:

#bless Nancy being saved. She was one of the fun trainwrecks I was considering saving and hoping to survive through this round. :haha: 

Not going to do my round anytime soon - as I gotta go right now. But let me know which dancers not to nominate (outside of Ireland/UK). I'll skim through the names and see who the fodders/low scorers are as those are my targets.

Pauline is trash and as an Australian, I can attest to the fact that she should not have made the final of her season. I hated her catchphrase at the time: "Please Explain". For some reason I thought she had low scores and that is why she made the final...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Speaking of Len - Let's not forget on the Strictly Blackpool episode on how he gave Anne's horrible Samba a 5 while giving Kara's flawless stunning American Smooth a 6. 😐 

Of course. LOL. 🙂 

Kara not getting any perfect scores when she had numerous dances deserving of them during her season is a huge injustice that I will always be bitter about.