The Chicks Fan Thread

*Chris

1 hour ago, frederick said:

Does anyone else worry the album is going to be postponed?

Haven't heard anything. But if they are, I am ah-okay with it - other artists postponed their release so they wouldn't be the only one to do so. 

4 hours ago, *Chris said:

Haven't heard anything. But if they are, I am ah-okay with it - other artists postponed their release so they wouldn't be the only one to do so. 

Yeah me too. I want them to do really well, and I'd love for them to be able to promote. 

On 4/7/2020 at 12:19 AM, frederick said:

Does anyone else worry the album is going to be postponed?

I don’t think so. Now is the best time to release music because nobody has anything to do but stay inside and listen to music. 

7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I don’t think so. Now is the best time to release music because nobody has anything to do but stay inside and listen to music. 

True, but there's also touring to support the album to consider. 

Just now, ~Tom~ said:

True, but there's also touring to support the album to consider. 

Their Fly tour didn't start until 10 months after the album was released. Their Top of the World tour didn't start until eight months after Home was released. They did two tours in 2013/2014 and 2015/2016 without an album to promote. Their only tour that started right after an album was released was back in '06 when they started a tour two months after Taking the Long Way came out (and even then, it was two months). :haha:

I don't think they have to worry about their tours supporting their CD. People will see them regardless nowadays.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Elliott said:

Their Fly tour didn't start until 10 months after the album was released. Their Top of the World tour didn't start until eight months after Home was released. They did two tours in 2013/2014 and 2015/2016 without an album to promote. Their only tour that started right after an album was released was back in '06 when they started a tour two months after Taking the Long Way came out (and even then, it was two months). :haha:

I don't think they have to worry about their tours supporting their CD. People will see them regardless nowadays.

It's different now though. They need to promote, and they can't right now and country fans (which is still most of their fanbase) support physical music. This is there first music in the physical and digital market. They will take a huge hit to sales if they don't push back right now til summer.

7 hours ago, frederick said:

It's different now though. They need to promote, and they can't right now and country fans (which is still most of their fanbase) support physical music. This is their first music in the physical and digital market. They will take a huge hit to sales if they don't push back right now til summer.

Not necessarily - if they make people order physical copy from their web site, it would help them. That's essentially how Celine's latest album debuted at #1. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Ahead of their time. :wub:

My favourite was when they did Goodbye Earl on their 2015. The backdrop was all about how men ain’t sh*t, and they put devil horns on Tr*mp. :giggle:

6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

My favourite was when they did Goodbye Earl on their 2015. The backdrop was all about how men ain’t sh*t, and they put devil horns on Tr*mp. :giggle:

To think they almost lost their careers over that incident in the gif and look at the state of affairs now. How the tables have turned and I hope they feel vindicated being on the right side of history when it wasn't the easy or popular thing to do.