idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
sublymonal

ASB7 (Top 20 Performance Show Posted!)

Posted (edited)
1. Nathalie/Justin - Disco - “Kill the Lights” (Val Chmerkovskiy and Jenna Johnson) - This is great, love this routine, I think these two did a great job with this for sure. Nice way to kick off the show!
2. Sydney/Aleksandr - Contemporary - “If the World Was Ending” - (Travis Wall) - This was a great routine, but I was a little underwhelmed by these two unfortunately. I thought it could have been better
3. Nazz/Howard - Dancehall - “Badman Forward Badman Pull-up” (Jae Blaze) - I think these two did a good job with this, but I wasn't like blown away or anything. I would've expected them to really slay a dancehall. I WANT MORE GUYS BRING IT NEXT WEEK if you still here.
4. Kennedy/Vlad - Argentine Tango - “Senorita” - (Miriam Larici and Leonardo Barrionuevo) - This was steamy and sexy. I really enjoyed it, and I thought you two did a decent job. I think you could grow to be even better though so keep getting better.
5. Sarah/KonKrete - Afro Jazz - “Sweet Afrika” (Sean Cheesman) - This was very interesting, slightly different from Sean's usual style, but I enjoyed it.
6. Ramita/Nathan - Broadway - “Something Different” (Tyce Diorio) - Oh, I like that this was not like anything we've ever seen in the Broadway genre. I thought you guys did a good job dancing this but I would've liked you guys to push the characters even more.
7. Brianna/Kyle - Hip-hop - “Candy” (Dave Scott) - YES, that was my favorite routine of the night so far! This was fun and had great style. I was impressed with you guys fosho.
8. Sumi/Jarrod - Jazz - “Death Stranding” (Sonya Tayeh) - STUNNING! This was out of this world, on a completely different plane than anything else tonight. You guys SLAYED! You guys are definitely on JC's QUEEN BEES list. I will be watching you two closely. I am impressed and you two are definitely frontrunners and ones to watch out for. EVERYONE ELSE TAKE NOTE!
9. Dayna/Allen - Samba - "A Palé" (Dmitry Chaplin) - This was cute and sexy! You two were fieus!
10. Sofia/Peyton - Contemporary - “Make Out In My Car” (Talia Favia) - This was gorgeous, you two are also ones to watch! Two more on JC's QUEEN BEES list! Loved it, great way to end the night!
Top 20 Group Routine - Charleston - "Perfume" (Lindsay Arnold and Witney Carson) - HAWT HAWT HAWT! You all were amaze, loved this group routine, what a fab top 20!

@sublymonal

Edited by JC
  • Like 1

1. Nathalie/Justin - Disco - “Kill the Lights” (Val Chmerkovskiy and Jenna Johnson) - Loooove this song and I think they’d both do really well. I miss decent disco routines. 💔

2. Sydney/Aleksandr - Contemporary - “If the World Was Ending” - (Travis Wall) - This would be pretty but I don’t think I’m going to become attached to either of them. Great song for this though.

3. Nazz/Howard - Dancehall - “Badman Forward Badman Pull-up” (Jae Blaze) - I’m left unbothered by it. I think I ranked it somewhere around the middle but Howard is one of my favourite guys in this.

4. Kennedy/Vlad - Argentine Tango - “Senorita” - (Miriam Larici and Leonardo Barrionuevo) - I see these two as a fodder couple. It would’ve been alright but I’m not sure it would’ve been memorable by the end of the night.

5. Sarah/KonKrete - Afro Jazz - “Sweet Afrika” (Sean Cheesman) -  Love these two. Especially KonKrete! I’m hoping they’re able to stay together and pull ahead of some of the competition.

6. Ramita/Nathan - Broadway - “Something Different” (Tyce Diorio) - Another routine that was towards the middle/bottom of my ranking. I would’ve been fine but there are other couples who stood out more. I’m intrigued to see more from Ramita though.

7. Brianna/Kyle - Hip-hop - “Candy” (Dave Scott) - I really enjoyed this! One of my favourites of the night. I imagine Kyle is the stronger of the pairing but Brianna’s a great partner for him.

8. Sumi/Jarrod - Jazz - “Death Stranding” (Sonya Tayeh) - I don’t get much from either of these two. It would’ve been perfectly fine.

9. Dayna/Allen - Samba - "A Palé" (Dmitry Chaplin) - YAAAASSSSSSS! My favourite of the night and my favourite couple going in to next week. These two killed it tonight and I’d love for them to continue. 

10. Sofia/Peyton - Contemporary - “Make Out In My Car” (Talia Favia) -

Top 20 Group Routine - Charleston - "Perfume" (Lindsay Arnold and Witney Carson) - Anything choreographed by these two would be fire! Loooooooove.

• Like 1

I had no idea which routines would end up being the favourites, so it is interesting to see which ones you guys are liking the most.

Thanks for going first and being an example!!! I'm on board the train now.

mickey mouse smile GIF

Me waiting for @Zoey to vote, @FrogLenzen to post a review and everyone else to watch the show like they said they would...

Its Been A Long Time Mueller Report GIF

I already voted?

2 hours ago, sublymonal said:

Me waiting for @Zoey to vote, @FrogLenzen to post a review and everyone else to watch the show like they said they would...

Its Been A Long Time Mueller Report GIF

oh my god what GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

oh nooooooo on it now

1. Nathalie/Justin - Disco - “Kill the Lights” (Val Chmerkovskiy and Jenna Johnson) - Thank goodness Dorianna didn't choreograph this one. She would have given Justin too many lifts and it wouldn't have worked. Jenna and Val instead focused on the groove and the chemistry. They really had fun on this one and it showcased Nathalie's natural funk. So surprised to see Justin's personality come out this much. Not life changing but a great disco and great way to open the show.

2. Sydney/Aleksandr - Contemporary - “If the World Was Ending” - (Travis Wall) - Travis didn't give a lot for Aleksandr to do in this one and I feel like he would have handled a harder routine just fine. No huge tricks in this one but Sydney was gorgeous in the outfit and I personally enjoy simple contemporary pieces that have lots of breathing room and space. 

3. Nazz/Howard - Dancehall - “Badman Forward Badman Pull-up” (Jae Blaze) - LOVE THEM. Jae Blaze from Canada! So great to see her. Not my favorite choreography though, maybe tried to do too much. Maybe she had to tone down the sexy for the US show and change it last minute. Going third out of ten is a tough placement but I think they have enough fans to get votes.

4. Kennedy/Vlad - Argentine Tango - “Senorita” - (Miriam Larici and Leonardo Barrionuevo) - In the video package they seemed like a mismatch and Kennedy wasn't quite getting the sexy. But M&L did their magic and under the light and in costumes the final product was impressive. It's what Vlad deserves. I wish the judges gave him more props and didn't just focus on Kennedy though. Let's be honest, he did a lot of the work here.

5. Sarah/KonKrete - Afro Jazz - “Sweet Afrika” (Sean Cheesman) - FINALLY some smart afro-jazz choreo from Sean. IT'S POSSIBLE TO BE INTRICATE WITHOUT PUTTING 400 MOVES INTO EVERY 8-COUNT. These two have real potential because they hit the beats the same and have amazing chemistry already. Low key favorites... not sure why the judges aren't more excited about them.

6. Ramita/Nathan - Broadway - “Something Different” (Tyce Diorio) - Tyce choreo was a flop but they really did their best with not much to work with. Maybe they didn't have enough chemistry or something to carry such a simple piece? Their characterizations separately seemed fine but not connected to each other. Makes me want to vote because I can't lose Nathan yet!!!

7. Brianna/Kyle - Hip-hop - “Candy” (Dave Scott) - Love Kyle! Thought I would hate this but Brianna really transformed. But yeah I watched Kyle the whole time hahaha love him. 

8. Sumi/Jarrod - Jazz - “Death Stranding” (Sonya Tayeh) - Maybe it's Sonya withdrawal or maybe it's my bias for Sumi but this was kind of amazing?????????? One of those where I wonder whether the voting public will like it as much as I do. Why were the judges not standing after this, I don't get ittttttt.

9. Dayna/Allen - Samba - "A Palé" (Dmitry Chaplin) - Dayna said "nom nom nom nom" and ate the sh*t out of this. Geez Allen, if you're getting outdanced in your own style you better watch out for everything else. They were super cute in the video package though. I feel like Allen's confidence is not there but Dmitry in the audience was going crazy afterward so I know Allen did him proud.

10. Sofia/Peyton - Contemporary - “Make Out In My Car” (Talia Favia) - Peyton lucked OUT getting Sofia and contemporary first. And Talia. This was amazing. Worthy of the pimp slot. Sofia is one of the more cross-trained girls we have ever seen.

Top 20 Group Routine - Charleston - "Perfume" (Lindsay Arnold and Witney Carson) - A very Mandy-Moore-esque routine. I feel like a couple of the guys were hidden in the back on purpose, but this was super fun. This season is going to be great, I don't want to lose anyone yet!

4 hours ago, kitty_x said:

so is this still going on or :shifty:

Lol yes it is! 

Oh, fantastic, I'll definitely try to follow it then!!

I've been creeping on the forum for the last few hours and it's so sad that everything is gone but I'm excited to follow all the games and rankdowns again :D

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 12:10 PM, kitty_x said:

Oh, fantastic, I'll definitely try to follow it then!!

I've been creeping on the forum for the last few hours and it's so sad that everything is gone but I'm excited to follow all the games and rankdowns again 😄

Yes! Let me know what you think of the first two shows and vote. ❤️

VOTED!!! @sublymonal Sorry I missed that there was a survey before.