Kitchen Gadgets

Rate this topic

istersay

:rofl:I love getting cooking gadgets and small appliances that make cooking easier, many things can be found at thrift shops, people get them as presents and never use them

just got one of these Garlic things, comes as a pair with the peeler roller and the Mincer, works great and your hands don't smell like garlic after, mine is like this but different brand with all plastic blades

also love this, especially in summer. ATE gave me one, mailed it from where he lived, it works so good and everything tastes like a fresh sorbet, it tastes more creamy with bananas as a base and then add other fruits, freeze them ahead in pieces or buy bags of frozen fruit

Dessert Bullet, no longer manufactured

there are other brands that do the same thing

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 2:01 PM, FunkyFrankie said:

I love random kitchen things too  lol 

they make some jobs in the kitchen so much easier, and just fun to use also 

just got this one in the mail, works good on hard fruit/veg but the softer ones, like grapefruit , it wont turn them, the bottom grip just makes a hole in there, but way easier than hand peeling a bunch of stuff all at one time

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

^ :lmao:

got a new deep fryer, it basically looks exactly like this one, mine is Elite Gourmet, with 3 baskets, 2 small, 1 large. Loving it so far, I was afraid of getting too much oil in the food, but we fry a lot of stuff and the oil level doesn't go down much at all. Sweet potato fries might be my fave thing to make in there, but we use it for all kinds of stuff, chicken, battered fish, corn dogs, onion rings, taquitos, etc

On 3/19/2020 at 6:52 PM, istersay said:

they make some jobs in the kitchen so much easier, and just fun to use also 

just got this one in the mail, works good on hard fruit/veg but the softer ones, like grapefruit , it wont turn them, the bottom grip just makes a hole in there, but way easier than hand peeling a bunch of stuff all at one time

I love my rotato express. Makes easy work of homemade mashed potatoes. Quick peel, dice, boil, mash with cream cheese/salt/pepper. :P  Also handy for roasted potatoes and fries.

I got this countertop grill a couple months ago. Grilled pork chops, steaks, chicken, hotdog and burgers on it. Easy cook, easy cleanup. :thumbs:

74QPoAah0=

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, istersay said:

the grill looks cool, these make things so easy, I hate peeling potatoes lol

Peeling potatoes is time consuming. I also use that peeler for apples. 

My George Foreman grill is the goto gadget for quick meals. Season meats, grill. While grilling, microwave veggies for sides.

But my most used kitchen gadget is the rice cooker.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

I have an Oster rice cooker, we use it several days a week, I love it, so easy. I sometimes make extra batches and put in freezer bags to grab out to make a quick stir fry with meat and veggies. Sometimes mix white rice, brown rice and quinoa together in there. I want to try adding other things with rice in there and using the steamer thing but haven't yet

• Like 1