idolforums.com
Summer Overby

Todd Tilghman Fan Thread

Posted (edited)

I noticed the pitch of the instrumentals for "I Can Only Imagine" were a bit lower than the version we got. The arrangement was strange at first because of the saxophones but it sounded really nice. Todd sounded amazing nonetheless on both performances. 

Btw, happy birthday @mjdolorico !!! 

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Amazing performance :wub:

And Happy Birthday mj 🎉🎉

Thank you!!!! 😁

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

I noticed the pitch of the instrumentals for "I Can Only Imagine" were a bit lower than the version we got. The arrangement was strange at first because of the saxophones but it sounded really nice. Todd sounded amazing nonetheless on both performances. 

Btw, happy birthday @mjdolorico !!! 

You're right, but for the Voice video, the sound mix was really subpar, his voice was too quiet and the band was too loud. This is an improvement IMO.

And thank you! 😁

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 1

Anytime. Enjoy!

And I agree, his vocals are so much more clearer in this performance. The Voice version sounded too much of a studio version.

• Like 1

I didn't get to share this because I was so busy last week, but here is Todd's most recent livestream "concert". He sang some of his favorite worship songs.

Songlist:

4:19 – I’ll Fly Away (Alan Jackson)

8:16 – Midnight Cry (Alvin Slaughter) - my favorite out of the bunch. ❤️

14:13 – Through the Fire (The Crabb Family)

21:04 – The Old Rugged Cross (Alan Jackson)

27:04 – Uncloudy Day (Willie Nelson)

30:29 – I’d Rather Have Jesus (Jim Reeves)

36:20 – How Great Thou Art (Traditional)

• Like 1

Todd is already at Pigeon Forge for his first concert series! 

ds7K3M7.jpg

Hope this will be a successful endeavor for him! 

• Like 1

The Mississippi Power livestream was barely 10 minutes long so that was slightly disappointing, but Todd is making up for it by livestreaming his concert rehearsal tomorrow night! Tune in!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Very glad that he emphasized that the venue of his concert series will be following COVID-19 safety guidelines. Let's hope the concert goers actually follow them and wear their damn masks. 

Also, glad that he might have special guests on his show as well!

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 1

Sounds like it will be a fun concert. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Archanium said:

He sounded really good in the rehearsals. 

He did indeed!

Looks like it's gonna be a full-fledged production with a full band, background singers and everything. Very exciting!

I was a bit sad that he did not air his entire rehearsal session, but if he did, then what would be the point of going there? LOL.

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 1

It's the premiere day!

Little note: seating for the theater is apparently fixed, people can't choose where to sit, they have to follow the seating arrangement made by the theater to follow the COVID-19 regulations. No Chase Rice situation in here, unless people still feel like leaving their masks at home. 🙄

Posted (edited)

Jon Mullins is Todd's first official guest performer for his concert!

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 1

Exclusive merch that will only be available at the Pigeon Forge shows. 😁

A couple of shots from his first concert last night that an FB group member shared. Apparently this show was long enough to warrant a wardrobe change. 😁

Aw9Ky1H.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

A couple of shots from his first concert last night that an FB group member shared. Apparently this show was long enough to warrant a wardrobe change. 😁

Aw9Ky1H.jpg

Ugh i wish I could be there :kalancry:

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Archanium said:

Ugh i wish I could be there :kalancry:

Same 😭

Todd also got to sing a little something at an Ole Red in Gatlinburg. He sang Love, Me.

xxSyL3z.jpg

• Like 1

Reason #1,992 to join the FB group: A staff member at Theatre of the Stars recorded portions of Todd's concert and shared it on #TeamTODD. 😇🤫

As expected, he sounded terrific, way better than his Voice performances TBH.

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Reason #1,992 to join the FB group: A staff member at Theatre of the Stars recorded portions of Todd's concert and shared it on #TeamTODD. 😇🤫

As expected, he sounded terrific, way better than his Voice performances TBH.

The instruments from The Voice really drowned out his voice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

The instruments from The Voice really drowned out his voice.

True, in the footage I saw his voice really soared above the band. He sang Anymore and Glory of Love on the footage. 

Speaking of the latter, Todd said that when he first got that song from Blake, he thought they had mixed him up with Todd Michael Hall because Todd doesn't really sing in his head voice that much, and Glory of Love normally requires you to sing in your head voice. Fortunately they made it work. 😁

• Haha 2

Honestly, I never liked "Glory of Love" until Todd sang it. I think I just have a thing for deep, rapsy voices. Todd made the song a lot more listenable. But I think it was funny that he thought the song was supposed to be with TMH. Makes sense. I wonder how TMH would have performed "Glory of Love." It won't be better than Todd though.

Edited by Gmm99

2 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

Honestly, I never liked "Glory of Love" until Todd sang it. I think I just have a thing for deep, rapsy voices. Todd made the song a lot more listenable. But I think it was funny that he thought the song was supposed to be with TMH. Makes sense. I wonder how TMH would have performed "Glory of Love." It won't be better than Todd though.

When I was a kid, I had a CD of David Foster songs that I would play ad nauseam on my old CD boombox, and one of the songs in there was Glory of Love, which he wrote. So when Todd sang that song I instantly felt a wave of nostalgia coming over me. I guessed America felt the same way, hence why he clinched that public vote. Blake made a good call on that song.