Todd Tilghman Fan Thread

Summer Overby

4 minutes ago, Archanium said:

#BlackLivesMatter 

I'm honestly so glad he posted that.

Same. And he also posted some helpful links in his story.

Brooke and Eagan also posted a lot about #BLM. Especially Eagan.

• Like 2

Knowing his audience, I am very surprised he hasn't gotten that much backlash from them when he posted it. A good portion of those comments came from two reply threads. Not that I want him to get backlash...just pointing that out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Knowing his audience, I am very surprised he hasn't gotten that much backlash from them when he posted it. A good portion of those comments came from two reply threads. Not that I want him to get backlash...just pointing that out.

Instagram isn't really the place where the problematic portion of Todd's fanbase hang out. So it's understandable. He has been very careful with his words when posting on FB, as he should be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjdolorico said:

Instagram isn't really the place where the problematic portion of Todd's fanbase hang out. So it's understandable. He has been very careful with his words when posting on FB, as he should be.

Yeah. I saw that he posts less of the political stuff on Facebook rather than on Twitter and IG. And I agree with you on that last part. He should continue to be cautious because that is where the bulk of his support is at. Put aside the politics on FB. Smart move.

It is the same for many others -- especially from Team Blake. Most of them post their politics on the rest of the social media apps besides FB. 

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 2

Todd visited some familiar friends in Nashville. 

And according to Brooke's post on the FB group, he and Jon are reprising their battle song. Stay tuned.

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Todd visited some familiar friends in Nashville. 

And according to Brooke's post on the FB group, he and Jon are reprisinf their battle song. Stay tuned.

These two are #TeamWife. I really like their strong friendship.

• Like 2

Sorry for the radio silence this week.... but here's a very informative FB Live from Todd regarding what he's been up to!

One particular statement he made here that made me very optimistic was that Blake has been making good on his promise to Todd on the postVoice presscon. He's been doing some BTS stuff for Todd to help him get the ball rolling on his post-Voice career. We love supportive coaches!

Also, he implied in his live that he will still be pastoring, but in a different manner, while devoting time trying to take off his music. Who says you can't combine your passions? 

7 hours ago, Archanium said:

He posted a short cover of I don't wanna miss a thing

He also said he'll be heading into Soul Country lane for his post-show career. 

https://www.countrynow.com/todd-tilghman-reflects-on-his-the-voice-journey-sets-his-sights-on-country-soul-music/

Yay! Looking forward to more random IG covers from him in the future!

As for the article, that must have been written before his trip to Nashville, because after talking with some music industry people there (including Tom Douglas, a renowned songwriter who penned Miranda Lambert's "The House That Built Me", among other hits), Todd is now uncertain on the genre that he plans to delve into. Whatever it is, I hope he chooses the genre that represents his identity in the best light. 

Personally, I really like the idea of country/soul for Todd. My favorite Voice contestant of all time describes his genre as such, and Todd's voice will fit right in with Stapleton and Isbell.

• Like 1

Todd's FB Live from the other day.

He emphasized the importance of keeping the momentum going from his successful Voice run, and he plugged his new YT channel, which he'll update very soon, considering he's already in the process of filming new covers right after this FB Live was streamed. 

Glad he's least he's making sure that musical content is coming as we wait for the label to either pick him up or drop him. The label is also watching him closely as he maintains the buzz he got from the show, so y'all make sure to give Todd all the likes and hearts in his social media, especially his new YT channel! 

• Like 1